Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Teddybear posted:

You sell your company to a venture capitalist and start a new one with a multiplier.

Alrighty then. I'mma just download it real quick.

Side note, is Reactor/Factory Idle still up to date? That's on my list as well after a quick OP perusal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Teddybear posted:

You sell your company to a venture capitalist and start a new one with a multiplier.

In a game full of punks, tattoo sleeves, and neon dyed undercuts, I appreciate that their prestige mechanic is literally called Selling Out.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
If the sprockets work like the snowballs from the old Christmas event (just accumulate in one spot on the screen), you can also write an AHK script to wait five hours and then click (and position your mouse over the sprocket spot before you go to bed or whatever)

This is the one I used for that Christmas event:
code:
#SingleInstance force

;ctrl-q waits five hours, then clicks twice wherever I left the mouse
^q::
sleep, 18000000
click
sleep, 5000
click
;second click isn't mandatory but I'm worried about the computer going to sleep or something whatever

Esc::ExitApp
Complete with my comments from two years ago :eng99:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I play on iOS, but that's a cool idea!

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Reactor is still up, be sure to go to the actual site: http://reactoridle.com/ and avoid the Kongregate adds.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Teddybear posted:

Ah, so it's identical to the prestige mechanic in Adventure Capitalist? :v:

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Merijn posted:

Ah, so it's identical to the prestige mechanic in Adventure Capitalist? :v:

The joke-ruining truth is it's worse; the multiplier goes up by one for every income milestone you pass rather than any investors that give out a direct percentage boost to income. Selling out to the man is never as good as he makes you think it is I guess?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

How do I make this efficiency problem with up to A4 in Factory Idle.

Senso
Nov 4, 2005

Always working

widespread posted:

You switch to plastic production. :)

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Senso posted:

You switch to plastic production. :)

But that requires literally hemorrhaging money to speed the gently caress out of research.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
I'm working on r46 now, getting Hellfire Blast cast time to help my hatchling grow.

My coin production is garbage right now, though. Do I have to buy the next Dragon upgrade on the same run in which I get the hellfire blast active time? Or can I get the 12 hours of time, abdicate, and go to a better build in order to buy the upgrade?

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Coca Koala posted:

I'm working on r46 now, getting Hellfire Blast cast time to help my hatchling grow.

My coin production is garbage right now, though. Do I have to buy the next Dragon upgrade on the same run in which I get the hellfire blast active time? Or can I get the 12 hours of time, abdicate, and go to a better build in order to buy the upgrade?

That one you can buy after abdictating. The other ones you can't. I posted a link to unlock builds for them recently. They probably still work after the merc research update but may not as a bunch of researches were changed.

Tehdas
Dec 30, 2012

widespread posted:

How to win at factory idle:
1 fill all available floor space with most profitable process
2 buy more floor space
3 fill floor space with best returning research and leave a bit of space for income generating process so that you don't out of money
4 wait loving ages
5 buy new process
6 back to 1

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

That one you can buy after abdictating. The other ones you can't. I posted a link to unlock builds for them recently. They probably still work after the merc research update but may not as a bunch of researches were changed.

Goof's page has updated builds that work after the update. I'm on the last step which I can unlock pretty much instantly with the event max mana bonus, so I'm just letting it sit on faceless to run the 12 hours first.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
So someone mentioned Crank a little while ago, and I think a lot of people dismissed it because it requires you to hold down a crank and someone said it's not really an idle game. That's not true. Eventually you unlock techs and features that make it very much able to idle, and it's extremely Dark Room-esque in its minimal story presentation, and unlocking of more and more and more mechanics as you continue playing. Currently, I'm farming up Crank Bots in order to build a factory in a sector that I just travelled to via FTL, in between scanning for hostiles and destroying bases. It gets much, much bigger than just spinning a crank.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Morpheus posted:

So someone mentioned Crank a little while ago, and I think a lot of people dismissed it because it requires you to hold down a crank and someone said it's not really an idle game. That's not true. Eventually you unlock techs and features that make it very much able to idle, and it's extremely Dark Room-esque in its minimal story presentation, and unlocking of more and more and more mechanics as you continue playing. Currently, I'm farming up Crank Bots in order to build a factory in a sector that I just travelled to via FTL, in between scanning for hostiles and destroying bases. It gets much, much bigger than just spinning a crank.

I gave up after getting to level 5 sectors. There's apparently an ending and there are hidden messages to decrypt that gives the background, the dev wants a true ending if you decrypt all the messages but hasn't implemented it and RL stuff came up so I doubt that will ever be finished (but it's the only real thing left to code).

It just gets to be more of the same, and after you get a few factories up and running factories make up 99% of your income and you are flying around waiting for hostiles so you can codes and computers to build unlock the next tier zone and build more factories.

It gets fully idle after a few hours if you know what your doing, it does like to crash the chrome tab it's in if it goes idle for a few hours but if I'm active in the tab it works fine.

e: that was about a good week or so into it, probably only another week or so left maybe less. I just got bored, but it was really fun at first.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jun 5, 2017

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

How long do you have to keep holding down your mouse button to get to the point where you don't have to anymore?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Morpheus posted:

I gave up when I saw the crankbots or whatever they were called degrade in like 10 minutes.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

What is the sprockets crap in realm grinder people were talking about earlier? The event for me is just "holy symbols" and "lava stones"? Is the event different depending on your R level?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

GrossMurpel posted:

I gave up when I saw the crankbots or whatever they were called degrade in like 10 minutes.

You eventually get an infinite cycle of them.

Kyrosiris posted:

How long do you have to keep holding down your mouse button to get to the point where you don't have to anymore?

I had a bunch of dead time where stuff wasn't powered because I was doing other stuff but took me about 4 or 5 hours. If you knew exactly what you were doing you could probably do it in an hour, Keeping it spinning while trying out all the research probably 2-3.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
It's not like it's an hour holding down the button. Once you have a few batteries, you crank for a minute and then you're good for a while.

You'll hit solar panels, and then you're​ technical free from cranking​.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

peepsalot posted:

What is the sprockets crap in realm grinder people were talking about earlier? The event for me is just "holy symbols" and "lava stones"? Is the event different depending on your R level?

My bad, I was just calling them that because I couldn't remember the term the game uses. You're not missing any secret content.

Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007
Played factory idle for a few hours. Then researched a 2-3 iron ore -iron smelter ratio and a 3-1 steel smelter - steel seller ratio. Then sold the whole factory to make a better layout which matches the ratio, but I can't do it so gently caress it. Wish I could roll back to 30 minutes ago before I deleted the floor.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!

pixaal posted:

I gave up after getting to level 5 sectors. There's apparently an ending and there are hidden messages to decrypt that gives the background, the dev wants a true ending if you decrypt all the messages but hasn't implemented it and RL stuff came up so I doubt that will ever be finished (but it's the only real thing left to code).

This is not actually the case. The ending is fully implemented after you decrypt all the messages (takes a couple days even with a huge amount of power dedicated to it). It's a neat enough story thing, not groundbreaking or anything.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I finished Crank in a couple of days. The ending was, well, an ending. I also decrypted everything because I idle-researched pulse cannon while I was asleep and when I woke up it was one-shotting every regular enemy, so I just left all my research in decryption from there on. The end game was fairly broken because it was easy to get to the point where nothing mattered as I was constantly being shipped mounds of resources, but I still needed to manually fly around all the planets searching for encryption messages and farming low security planets for permission keys and I couldn't spend resources to speed up that part.

The crankbot durability is lovely, but it goes up as you research crankbots - just research that until they're not so lovely you spend all your time and resources in the factory making them. Crankbot efficiency will lower the amount of crankbots you need to hit maximum spin, and researching the Crank itself will up the amount of power they give you.

Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007

Zelmel posted:

This is not actually the case. The ending is fully implemented after you decrypt all the messages (takes a couple days even with a huge amount of power dedicated to it). It's a neat enough story thing, not groundbreaking or anything.

There is an alternate ending? I was able to trigger an ending without decrpting the messages, and looking around the reddit it seemed to me that a better ending was planned but was never implemented.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I just unlocked dragons, and holy poo poo I have 20k mana regen now

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Emron posted:

I just unlocked dragons, and holy poo poo I have 20k mana regen now

Wait until you hit 1m for the first time.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Zelmel posted:

On the Reddit the dev said he wanted an alternate ending after finding out heat you are actually doing. Which would be the true ending.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
How the hell do the factories work in that game? I find it absolutely enigmatic.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

You build the factory, then build bots to work in the factory. You set what item they are making, and then use the shipment slider to set how many they'll make. They will then make item X at a speed determined by the item tier, your factory research, and how many bots you left there until they make Y amount then spoot the whole bunch out into the blackness of space to slowly hunt you down and add itself to your inventory.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I played RG to R39 when the new pretige mechanic at R40 was added (ascension?) which was something like resetting your reincarnation count but technically (in terms of numbers) continuing progress from R41 and upwards. (?)
I see in screenshots in this thread that people are like R69 and such, did that ascension mechanic get removed?
Was thinking of playing RG again since its like a year since i played it last. I did have every artifact and challenge and trophy available at the time so progress should be good afaik.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

It doesn't reset your reincarnation count - it just changes some mechanics so that your gold and gem numbers don't start overflowing the amount that variables can hold.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ghostlight posted:

It doesn't reset your reincarnation count - it just changes some mechanics so that your gold and gem numbers don't start overflowing the amount that variables can hold.
Right, the reason it exists is that Java(?) is hardcapped at a number right around 10^308 and if R41 didn't involve a reset it would require more than that much gold to reach. So instead, everything that used to cost gold costs 0 and the new currency works the same as gold, but your multipliers and bonuses get nerfed. Basically.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Right, the reason it exists is that Java(?) is hardcapped at a number right around 10^308 and if R41 didn't involve a reset it would require more than that much gold to reach. So instead, everything that used to cost gold costs 0 and the new currency works the same as gold, but your multipliers and bonuses get nerfed. Basically.

Limit of a double, which is a 64bit float, which is part of pretty much all programming languages. Also I'm pretty sure Realm Grinder is in flash isn't it?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
After being used to getting 2k+ assistants right off the bat it's really hard to adjust to not having it anymore

Edly
Jun 1, 2007
I'm sad about that too, I expect getting back up to Merc research gems on future Rs is going to be much more tedious after I get home.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

pixaal posted:

Limit of a double, which is a 64bit float, which is part of pretty much all programming languages. Also I'm pretty sure Realm Grinder is in flash isn't it?
Yeah, it's definitely in Flash. I was just workposting and my brain wasn't on - thus the (?).

Tehdas
Dec 30, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Yeah, it's definitely in Flash. I was just workposting and my brain wasn't on - thus the (?).

And the language that flash uses is a javascript derivative, so it's sorta right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Titans are completely broken post-A because the rejigged formulas make HoL produce 99%+ even for factions that aren't Titans

If you can't get to Titans run Elves for a bit