Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

JcDent posted:

If Gorkamorka came out today, I'd be yelling GOOORKAAA at random times and my warlord be name Vitalz Renda

I'd be working on an entire force of Goffz with silver-painted iron gobs and no shirts. :perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I'm still furious that Mantic's secret licensed project was Walking Dead and not Mad Max.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Atlas Hugged posted:

I'm still furious that Mantic's secret licensed project was Walking Dead and not Mad Max.

Agreed.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Painted a blood bowl orc

Looks fantastic!

Played my 5th game of BB tonight in the league I'm running and I'm fuckin 5-0, fuckbois.

Blood Bowl > all other GW games.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Atlas Hugged posted:

Mad Max I would consider playing.

Another drat Zombie Game? Naw.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

JcDent posted:

Mad Max I would consider playing.

Another drat Zombie Game? Naw.

I don't understand how in the year 2017 people can look at a zombie property and say, "This is definitely something that is still interesting."

JcDent
May 13, 2013

In my hipster defence, I was never interested in any zombie miniature game that doesn't involve me as a necromancer.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009
I think they're like three years too late if they wanted to cash in on the hype of the show moving licensed products.

That said, I like the comic and the show, but a miniatures game? That feels shoehorned as gently caress, none of the source material seems like it would translate well to that sort of game, even if there wasn't a thousand zombie games to choose from already.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Apparently it's a really good skirmish game and the AI zombie rules were good enough that they got ported into Deadzone for some solo and campaign missions. It's also selling really well and has fully justified Mantic pursuing it by this point. Zombies sell. It's ridiculous.

JcDent posted:

In my hipster defence, I was never interested in any zombie miniature game that doesn't involve me as a necromancer.

As part of a larger universe, zombies are fine. I don't mind them in Deadzone since they're just another unit choice from one of the factions. But when the setting is just "zombies" I fall asleep these days.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

Atlas Hugged posted:

Apparently it's a really good skirmish game and the AI zombie rules were good enough that they got ported into Deadzone for some solo and campaign missions. It's also selling really well and has fully justified Mantic pursuing it by this point. Zombies sell. It's ridiculous.

Man, I just don't know anymore.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Still waiting for a good and readily available Mad Max esque game.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Thundercloud posted:

Still waiting for a good and readily available Mad Max esque game.

So are we all.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

You'd think someone by now would have done a customizable post-apocalyptic death race/ wasteland gang fight game this century. I mean, Mad Max has never not been a thing, and Death Race was revived and sold well enough to have three sequels with mid-tier name actors in them.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Liquid Communism posted:

You'd think someone by now would have done a customizable post-apocalyptic death race/ wasteland gang fight game this century. I mean, Mad Max has never not been a thing, and Death Race was revived and sold well enough to have three sequels with mid-tier name actors in them.

If you could do something like the Space Trucker board game where players can build a convoy of tiles and then place miniatures on top of those tiles...

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I think there are vehicular combat games out there, but no infantry component.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

JcDent posted:

Are you for real? In this thread, of all threads? :popeye:

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Are you for real? In this thread, of all threads? :popeye:

:bang:

Edit: Also :orks:

Squibsy fucked around with this message at 13:02 on May 30, 2017

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Like I said, this century. Gorkamorka came out in 97, Digganob in 98, and both have been officially OOP for 10 years now.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 13:12 on May 30, 2017

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Gorkamorka is still the best that's been done.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

JcDent posted:

This is the most recent one I am aware of (its pretty good, but yeah, no infantry)

http://www.wordforgegames.com/shop/devils-run-shop

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Cross post!

The Sex Cannon posted:

I finished Grak and Crumbleberry!

These two have a ton of utility in BB. Grak is a standard ogre, and Crumbleberry is just a halfling with Sure Hands, but their utility comes out of the Kick Team-Mate skill: Grak can kick any model with The Right Stuff like a kickoff. This only requires a Bonehead role, and is executed like a cross between a kick-off and Throw Team-Mate. Hilarious for one-turn touchdowns.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

nesbit37 posted:

This is the most recent one I am aware of (its pretty good, but yeah, no infantry)

Yeah, I had this one in mind. Couldn't name names, because I wasn't interested in games that don't let you dismount for added funs.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

The Sex Cannon posted:

Cross post!

These two have a ton of utility in BB. Grak is a standard ogre, and Crumbleberry is just a halfling with Sure Hands, but their utility comes out of the Kick Team-Mate skill: Grak can kick any model with The Right Stuff like a kickoff. This only requires a Bonehead role, and is executed like a cross between a kick-off and Throw Team-Mate. Hilarious for one-turn touchdowns.

Dude, your BB painting continues kicking rear end.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

nesbit37 posted:

drat, those are 20mm scale it seems, or I'd snag them or 40k conversions.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Does BB have the ogre team still? I wanted to do one where the ogres were chaos spawn and the snotlings were squigs.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Does BB have the ogre team still? I wanted to do one where the ogres were chaos spawn and the snotlings were squigs.
Yep. All of the unprinted teams are available in a pdf.
https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/blood_bowl/teams_of_legend_en.pdf

Some will likely get updated slightly later, as goblins did, but they're all 100% valid.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Apparently there was talk around Warhammer Fest of Ogres being sooner than people thought, supposedly the design team had some kind of bolt of inspiration in updating them/giving them new player roles so that's a surprise.

I mean, I'm still surprised we're getting Halflings next after Elf Union.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

SteelMentor posted:

Apparently there was talk around Warhammer Fest of Ogres being sooner than people thought, supposedly the design team had some kind of bolt of inspiration in updating them/giving them new player roles so that's a surprise.

Is that for real? How do we know?

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Ghazk posted:

Anyone need a couple of titans for Epic? Found myself with a spare warhound, reaver, warlord and a couple knights lancer (all Mars pattern).

Did these find a home? Ship to sunny Cali?

I have painted up 4 Chaos-themed turtlebacks Warlords with SM2 ed metal bitz, 3 Banelords, 2 each of the two Slaanesh Scout titans (Quaestor, Subjugator). They need some friends :-)
(Plus a bajillion of the SM2 plastic troops and the little Daemon Engines. This is a proper horde .)

JcDent
May 13, 2013

My experience is anecdotal, but in 7-8 campaign games I have never had a dude die. I won once and lost 4 times with chaos, and won twice while losing once with Inquisition. I was swimming in requisition, buying everyone all the upgrades. Meanwhile, I didn't have any memorable advancement rolls. So it feels like the game makes it too easy to get stuff while also lacking in post game options.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Played a game with The Sex Cannon. Can confirm Blood Bowl is still Cool and Good.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Call me when they have models for Sett Cavre and Mr Hadwick.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

SteelMentor posted:

I seriously doubt that we're getting new halflings any time soon. They might* be reprinting halflings in the next made to order wave, but those will be old sculpts. As for new teams I imagine it will be Nurgle after elf union (honestly surprised elf union are first) and then the other flavours of elves mixed in between the death zone 3 teams, which are supposedly chaos chosen and undead (or at least thats the current plan).

*They indicated to me that they were on the schedule, but they couldn't guarantee it and jokingly told me not to tell anyone (as in they joked it would be on twitter before the end of the talk). Any team that gets a made to order reprint isn't going to get a new version within 6 months.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

JcDent posted:

My experience is anecdotal, but in 7-8 campaign games I have never had a dude die. I won once and lost 4 times with chaos, and won twice while losing once with Inquisition. I was swimming in requisition, buying everyone all the upgrades. Meanwhile, I didn't have any memorable advancement rolls. So it feels like the game makes it too easy to get stuff while also lacking in post game options.

I feel like it would improve a lot if every dude had to roll on a table after each battle with both good and bad things on it.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Or if there was some difficulty in getting more gear.

Again, Necromunda was easier to balance because all of the gangs were humans. So it would be easier to get more interesting not necessarily WYSIWYG skills and upgrades to give more variety to gear. Like having armor and gun upgrades for CSM that tie into Marks and such.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

JcDent posted:

Agree. My club is following a tack of reducing the amount of automatic points you get and increasing the rate at which your guys advance.

Also adding flexibility for equipment choices (simply, you can buy gear from other factions' lists for 2x the price, also models that are restricted in their choices can go off their own list for 2x the price) as well to try to make things a bit less boring and one dimensional for Orks, Necrons, Dark Eldar etc.

Unfortunately I've tried to think of a fluff justification for Tyranids being able to go off book for their gear and I can't so my new rules pretty much embody * Except Tyranids.

Zaphod suggested stripping the fluff and rules apart from each other and allowing models to take eg. 'Lasgun equivalents' that get retconned into whatever fluff for your faction. Maybe. I certainly think my club would be pretty anti that idea even if I'm a little warm to possibility.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Well, Games Workshop didn't put any thought into who carries what weapon, why should you?

A sustained fire shoota can be a lasgun that some smart Guardsman tinkered with or a Bolter with a well-greased carrier (I dunno how guns work)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

JcDent posted:

Well, Games Workshop didn't put any thought into who carries what weapon, why should you?

A sustained fire shoota can be a lasgun that some smart Guardsman tinkered with or a Bolter with a well-greased carrier (I dunno how guns work)

Yep, exactly. And why can't there be a Tyranid evolution that happens to spit out lasfire? Etc.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Yeah I'm still on the fence on this one. Like I say my club is full of fluff bunnies so they'd veto the whole project on that idea alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

ineptmule posted:

Yeah I'm still on the fence on this one. Like I say my club is full of fluff bunnies so they'd veto the whole project on that idea alone.

How is it not fluffy? There's plenty of other patterns of marine or guard weapons or different hive evolutions that the rules don't cover yet.

GW adds poo poo all the time. Suddenly deathspitters with slimer maggots are a thing in 8th. Is that a retcon? Slimer maggots as an upgrade to deathspitters were never mentioned previously in the fluff. Suddenly the Tyranids evolve and create this new weapon! HOW CAN THIS BE?