Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

This year has actually been okay save for Sochi and Monaco tho?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tony Montana posted:

Yeah Monaco was good to see Ferrari win, kinda sucks it wasn't Kimi and holy poo poo how many times have you been dicked in quali there Lewis?

Get the gently caress out of here.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

Just finished watching MotoGP.

F1 racing is a joke.

Are you perhaps suggesting that F1 introduces a new rule that only 2 wheels can be on the car at any given time? But leaves it up to the team to decide exactly which two wheels to apply.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkX2i8qUZBE

lmao "Harro!"

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Carth Dookie posted:

Every last one of you fucks responsible for this is reserved a place in hell.

As much as Their Tony spices up the thread, I hope you all go to hell.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

I really need one of them suits!

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Norns posted:

This year has been a breath of fresh loving air compared to 2014, 2015 and 2016 including Sochi and Monaco.

We were so #blessed in 2010 and 2012 and we didn't loving appreciate it.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
We're blessed because the god awful aero rules have hosed off. The engines should be the next to go and we'll be smokin'.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

GramCracker posted:

As much as Their Tony spices up the thread, I hope you all go to hell.

Already headed there.

I'm left handed :twisted:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Reminder that Days of Thunder is a legitimately fantastic and exciting movie taht everyone should watch.

Even from me someone who detests stock cars with a red hot passion the kind of passion that could bring about the 5th Reich.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

This has probably been the best season in five years but MotoGP's past two races have been :discourse:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

This has probably been the best season in five years but MotoGP's past two races have been :discourse:

"This ones for you, Harry!"

*cue awesome 90s dramatic racing music*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G45X6fSk1do

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I love Days Of Thunder but wasn't it responsible for a shortage of cup cars for the 1990 season?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Human Grand Prix posted:

I love Days Of Thunder but wasn't it responsible for a shortage of cup cars for the 1990 season?

I don't think so, unless everyone in 1990 decided to emulate Cole Trickle after watching the movie.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQV_PBxW4hc

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I always thought that was an ugly car but it was a good one. Might have had an outside shot at the title in '89 and '90 if they had better drivers than Patrese and Boutsen.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah comon, Kimi winning this would have been fun. Seb doesn't need the points, the wheels are falling off the Hamilton wagon.

MotoGP is very cool to watch, but when you remember that because bikes are skinny and they can literally fit four or five of them side by side into a corner and keep fighting while in F1 most corners going into two cars wide means someone is way off line and going to be slow, of course the racing is 'better'.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Tony your posting is far more boring now that you're sober. Get that nose back on the mirror.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Tony Montana posted:

Yeah comon, Kimi winning this would have been fun. Seb doesn't need the points, the wheels are falling off the Hamilton wagon.

MotoGP is very cool to watch, but when you remember that because bikes are skinny and they can literally fit four or five of them side by side into a corner and keep fighting while in F1 most corners going into two cars wide means someone is way off line and going to be slow, of course the racing is 'better'.

What is your actual opinion on Adolf Hitler.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I always thought that was an ugly car but it was a good one. Might have had an outside shot at the title in '89 and '90 if they had better drivers than Patrese and Boutsen.

I think the worst move in Berger's career was going to Mclaren in 1990 instead of trying his hand at the Williams.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve posted:

'90 for sure but I dunno about '89. The FW12B (which was also really good) was used for most of '89.

Edit: FW12C, not B.

Human Grand Prix fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jun 5, 2017

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
who said I'm sober? I just took time out to run five keys of the best yayo down to Frankie

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It's unfair that Williams in 1990 came 4th in the constructors. It was the second best car.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yDHWAR4VZU

I didn't know this but Chandhok is Williams Heritage's official driver. His job is to literally drive old Williams F1 cars at venues'n'poo poo.

This is ultimately what Ghandhi dreamed of.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Wirth1000 posted:

Reminder that Days of Thunder is a legitimately fantastic and exciting movie taht everyone should watch.

Even from me someone who detests stock cars with a red hot passion the kind of passion that could bring about the 5th Reich.
How many racing movies have there been?
Days of Thunder
Rush
Grand Prix
Le Mans

Some other ones like Winning that I haven't seen and some old prewar ones that I can't remember. Days of Thunder is a serious contender for best movie of that lot.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Wirth1000 posted:

This is ultimately what Ghandhi dreamed of.

Doing the bidding of a crippled Englishman?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JDUKXi7ZbU

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Days of Thunder is better than Rush.

No.

COLE TRICKLE who gives a gently caress (noone that isn't American) NIKI LAUDA still owns

tom cruise or james hunt? yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cefC0DPlHFQ

oh i found it on youtube. If your trans sounds like that when you shift you should probably get it checked. lolol for a movie about cool cars why doesn't anyone drive an actually cool car with paddles? oh yeah.. target demographic

Tony Montana fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jun 5, 2017

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Yesssssssssssssssssssss

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
driven
torque

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2017/05/pirelli-boss-hits-back-at-toto-wolffs-italian-mystery-line-after-monaco-f1-defeat/

The president of F1’s tyre supplier Pirelli has responded to Mercedes’ boss Toto Wolff’s line that the reason why Ferrari is able to master the tyres and Mercedes cannot is an “Italian mystery”.

Oh piss off Toto. We can put Michelins on them and then Renault is cheating. Or Bridgestones and then it's Honda. How about we put German tires on them? A quick look and the last time someone wore Continentals to a F1 race was in the 50s. Don't start getting all snippy now you're not winning Toto, RBR did that and boy were they lambasted for it.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

Tony your posting is far more boring now that you're sober. Get that nose back on the mirror.

Nose beers > sobriety for Their Tony

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Bin tires update: these new tires are significantly more difficult to mount. The sidewalls are like jello.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tony Montana posted:

oh i found it on youtube. If your trans sounds like that when you shift you should probably get it checked. lolol for a movie about cool cars why doesn't anyone drive an actually cool car with paddles? oh yeah.. target demographic

Ah, yes, the one unrealistic thing about the Fast and the Furious film series.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I know! so disappointed

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

Bin tires update: these new tires are significantly more difficult to mount. The sidewalls are like jello.

Please buy new tires and win.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

These are almost new and free, it's better than new.

Also lol at winning with my current engine.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

What type of disposal unit did you get your engine from?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

These are almost new and free, it's better than new.

Also lol at winning with my current engine.

I didn't know Honda made karts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

I didn't know Honda made karts.

• Locked thread