Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

precision posted:

I can respect that.

But I'm still not eating that milky fat soup :barf:

If it's soupy then it hasn't been made right imo. I've had awful sausage gravy where it's just really thin and watery. A good sausage gravy is one that is pretty thick and has a good amount of sausage crumbled into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I got god hand because it was $3

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Cowcaster posted:

you'll roux this day

ahaha. I wondered what the joke with gumbo was the first time I made it and I learned first hand how long it took to make gumbo haha.

"First, you make a roux" annnnd you never quite stop making it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The one cuisine I can't seem to really get into is French, which is ironic considering many regard it as elite. They even mess up their coffee

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The one cuisine I can't seem to really get into is French, which is ironic considering many regard it as elite. They even mess up their coffee

You don't even dig their pastries?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

OK, I guess I have to walk it back a little, French bakeries are amazing.

But anything else... eh

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I won't pretend I love all french cuisine, but crepes, french onion soup, escargot, croissants, assorted pastries are all some of my favorite foods.

Man I could really go for some french onion soup.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

escargot is good

i've done alton Brown's steak au poivre recipe a bunch of times and didn't burn the house down deglazing the pan once so far

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Who can forget the lonely pomme frites

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

In Training posted:

That's Belgian.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
French baked goods are S Tier foods

I could eat croissants all day, and sometimes do

Same with bagels

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

In Training posted:

Croque Monsieur

Mr. Crunchy :3:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Wrap a hot dog in a crescent roll and bake that poo poo

Idgaf

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

There is a French bakery down the street from me that I haven't been to in a while. I guess I know what I'm doing this week.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

FirstAidKite posted:

Wrap a hot dog

ah, le barkour épicé :discourse:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tekken is so flipping good

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

"Flipping" good, you say

https://giant.gfycat.com/OblongAmpleCranefly.webm

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
it seems like everyone says to use the Marine in enter the gungeon while you get used to the game but i think the convict is way better, starting with a molotov and shotgun is a lot better than 1 point of armor and better accuracy

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Cowcaster posted:

also why is there a special yogurt that makes you poop

Apparently it didn't. The entire thing was a lie they made up for some reason and got sued over it which is why your don't hear about that yogurt anymore.

Fun food lawsuit fact: Subway tried to argue that a "foot long" was slang for sandwich rather than an indication of actual size. They did not win that lawsuit.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The slomo addition was brilliant. It is the hypest poo poo.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Coke has repeatedly won false advertising lawsuits by arguing that only an idiot would believe an ad.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Lurdiak posted:

Coke has repeatedly won false advertising lawsuits by arguing that only an idiot would believe an ad.

Except they lost that one.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ometeotl posted:

Except they lost that one.

:woop:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Unrelated to food but related to lawsuits, I like right now Warner Brothers has a lawsuit where they essentially need to prove ghosts exist in order to win.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

precision posted:

it seems like everyone says to use the Marine in enter the gungeon while you get used to the game but i think the convict is way better, starting with a molotov and shotgun is a lot better than 1 point of armor and better accuracy

the shotgun literally isn't worth the slot in your inventory it takes, it's completely worthless as a weapon other than to feed to a muncher or sell for casings.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
trying to play return to castle wolfenstein has made me want to send a message out to all game developers

if you put lovely instant-fail stealth segments in a game that is barely designed to handle stealth, especially one that is otherwise a very fast fps that, unlike more recent wolfenstein games, has virtually no stealth mechanics

ur bad

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

playing Song of the Deep now. atmospherically it's a lot better than Ghost 1.0/Mini-Ghost

the game is hitting a middling portion where you have to leave your sub, Master Blaster style, and that part is cool, but the part that's not cool is, LASER MIRROR PUZZLES!!! can we not, developers. I like them in puzzle games, but having to move my character around to each mirror is TEDIOUS as gently caress

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

glam rock hamhock posted:

Unrelated to food but related to lawsuits, I like right now Warner Brothers has a lawsuit where they essentially need to prove ghosts exist in order to win.

What lawsuit is that?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
sup nerds

just tuning in to say that SMTIV is still amazing, I just beat Xian Wu or whatever (i got wrecked for a bit there) I am still only 50 hours and 4 palaces into persona 5, and times are really fuckin good if you like rpgs these days

I really do enjoy handhelds over consoles so much more (maybe cuz I work on a computer all day) and am debating selling my ps4 after I'm done with persona 5 to buy a switch idk who knows

SMTIV is loving nuts yo

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

FirstAidKite posted:

What lawsuit is that?

Basically they're being sued over making The Conjuring 2 by a guy who wrote about The Warrens around the time of the events and signs a contract to have the exclusive rights to that story. Warner Brothers is arguing that because it's based on true events, you can't claim ownership of the story. The guy is arguing back that it's not based on a true story because the Warren'\s were con artists and there's no such things as ghost. So yeah, essentially to prove their case, WB has to prove that it is possible for the events of The Conjuring 2 to be true which means proving ghosts exist.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The French basically invented modern cooking

Like even if you think you don't like French food you like something that is ultimately down to their style of cooking

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

All good cuisine is syncretic, and immigrants to America continually redefining their cooking is part of the American tradition

Yeah this is why I like the food of Turkey + Countries Around Turkey

Like pretty much everything that was under the Ottomans still have similar food items to one another with their own local twists, I grew up eating

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Just got back from building a semi-friend's computer and that was kind of a nightmare. See, it turns out his family are massive hoarders; piles of books, foodstuffs, and old electronics jamming up the works, and worse, he's in the basement (lol) where there's almost no ventilation and the ever-present scent of cat poo poo because that's where the litterbox is I guess. I had no space to put the rig together, it was dark as hell (pretty much had to have some friends holding a flashlight at all times), and this is only the third time I've made a computer and the last time was close to a year ago. It all took way longer than it should have, mostly thanks to the environment.

It's a miracle the drat thing works.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I hate Eurocentrism so much.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

aztlan shall rise again, weissmensch aus, etc etc

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

i am unreasonably excited for the crash 1-3 remaster. i loved the ratchet and clank remaster and thought it was one of the best games of 2016.

now all they need to do is remake Crash Team Racing, the one true kart racer

Annie Chickenstalker
Oct 12, 2005

Of course you dont know, YOU dont know because only I know

Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

idgi... Europe is right there in the middle of the map. Obviously it's the best.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Tekken is so flipping good
I don't play fighting games, what makes it stand out?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

btw Thai food is the greatest cuisine on Earth

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

FactsAreUseless posted:

btw Thai food is the greatest cuisine on Earth

It's true, Thai > Mexican > everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I still can't get over someone thinking that tuna noodle casserole is a soggy puddle. I read that post and for a moment I was angry, but then I realized that it wasn't that the poster's fault. Like an abused dog that's afraid of being petted, I feel pity for them and angry at the world.

In gaming news, I played some Immortal Defense because it was hella cheap although I remember playing it before. Was it ever a free indie game? I also played some more Nier: A and I've got myself right up to what I think is the big separation point for the second playthrough. It wasn't great fun to go through the side quests that I had left 2/3 done, but with every mission completed I know it's one more thing I'll never have to do again.

• Locked thread