Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vogon Poetry Slam
Nov 13, 2016

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
This is not only my first time fiesta-ing, but I have never played the game past the second crystal. I figure if I lock myself in and participate this year I'll actually finish the game.

I only did #reg, I'm too scared to try anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Vogon Poetry Slam posted:

This is not only my first time fiesta-ing, but I have never played the game past the second crystal. I figure if I lock myself in and participate this year I'll actually finish the game.

I only did #reg, I'm too scared to try anything else.
Would chaos, I did chaos on my first run. But welcome, brother!

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Would chaos, I did chaos on my first run. But welcome, brother!

I did Chaos my first run. Gilgabot gave me a Triple Crown team.

The moral is Chaos is always funderful.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
All these people saying chaos are silly, because Pure Chaos is totally way better. Dupes suck.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Mmmmm.... nah. Freelancers are easy mode. :getin:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Supremezero posted:

All these people saying chaos are silly, because Pure Chaos is totally way better. Dupes suck.
I personally do Pure Chaos, but hey, you gotta ease 'em in :getin:

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Miacis posted:

I imagine the randomizer was the main focus lately, but if this still happening? Last year I was blessed with MNK/MYS Fists of Fire, and I don't think I can ever go back to vanilla monks anymore.
Yeah, I just need to go back to an older version of Balance patch from my backups (because the current one has a bunch of testing code everywhere) and merge it with Fiesta mod.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Doom Goon posted:

Mmmmm.... nah. Freelancers are easy mode. :getin:

This is only kinda half-true; equipping anything loses its luster in W3 when nearly every class has something good to equip anyway, and only having 3 classes with abilities means less likelihood you have what you need to triple crown. Plus it encourages you to master the other 3 classes which may or may not be a slog.

Yeah it might make the rest of the game feel easier but it was easy anyway and if you end up not being able to take on Omega/Shinryu what good is it really?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I have a feeling that my first pure chaos run will have both mime and freelancer.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Khisanth Magus posted:

I have a feeling that my first pure chaos run will have both mime and freelancer.

I think Mime/Freelancer was Earth only, like Job Fair, though I might be remembering wrong.

Weird thought. Say you get 5th job with it being Freelancer, and you mastered your earth job (which, for the sake of argument, is Ninja).

You get Ninja's benefits for being a freelancer. Stat boosts and free Dual Wield. There's nothing you can do about that.

So, uh, what do, I wonder.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Supremezero posted:

I think Mime/Freelancer was Earth only, like Job Fair, though I might be remembering wrong.

Weird thought. Say you get 5th job with it being Freelancer, and you mastered your earth job (which, for the sake of argument, is Ninja).

You get Ninja's benefits for being a freelancer. Stat boosts and free Dual Wield. There's nothing you can do about that.

So, uh, what do, I wonder.

Clearly you master all four jobs before Krile.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Speaking of, has there been a declaration of whether you lose the earth job's abilities in the Krile variant, or just the job itself (keeping any pre-learned abilities but no longer having the option of hopping on the job)? The official rules page didn't deign to clarify the point.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I did too many pre-Fiesta runs last year and burned myself out, only finishing a couple actual runs. Luckily, this year I forgot it existed until today! I only have to wait a week and can probably convince myself not to do a bunch of practice runs.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

Vil posted:

Speaking of, has there been a declaration of whether you lose the earth job's abilities in the Krile variant, or just the job itself (keeping any pre-learned abilities but no longer having the option of hopping on the job)? The official rules page didn't deign to clarify the point.

My understanding is you're not supposed to use anything from the previous earth job. That might make things awkward if you get Freelancer on a purechaos run, though.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Mountaineer posted:

My understanding is you're not supposed to use anything from the previous earth job.
Yeah, it mentions all that in the announcement post. But, yeah, once again Freelancer would throw a monkey wrench into what that means.

Announcement post posted:

YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE THAT OLD JOB OR ITS SKILLS ANYMORE.

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

Supremezero posted:

I think Mime/Freelancer was Earth only, like Job Fair, though I might be remembering wrong..

I got freelancer as a fire crystal job last year so I assume you can get it for any of them in pure chaos.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
It's that time of the year again. Reg'd for a normal run to start with, but next I think I'll finally come out of my shell and try one of the more dangerous options.

Might throw my hat in with the other donation pledges, but first I need to see what my finances are gonna look like this month.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I asked RK about the 5th Job Freelancer thing, and uh

https://twitter.com/revenantkioku/status/871929999212793857

I guess I'll take that as a "do whatever".

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/871709691658649601

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Probably hard to get people invested in voting when nothing short of a thousand dollar donation will tip the scales.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Samuel Clemens posted:

Probably hard to get people invested in voting when nothing short of a thousand dollar donation will tip the scales.

Lies and slander.

You only need 700 or so to tip Wind or Fire.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

How does the pledging work? I expected the button to take me to a donation thing automatically. Is this an honor system thing? :O

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Lurdiak posted:

How does the pledging work? I expected the button to take me to a donation thing automatically. Is this an honor system thing? :O

It's not like you can fulfill your pledge yet anyway, seeing as no one's even started.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Lurdiak posted:

Effectively, yeah. Also, like Supremezero said, lots of them tend to be contingent upon others' runs, so it kinda has to be.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Well I just voted thief/red mage/geomancer/dragoon. No idea how bad that run would be but I am sure it would lead to some weird strategies from at least one of the runners.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I was originally going to do a vanilla run this year, but that would be way too boring.

LET'S DO THIS! :black101:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Well I just voted thief/red mage/geomancer/dragoon. No idea how bad that run would be but I am sure it would lead to some weird strategies from at least one of the runners.

You'd have to donate like 5k to get Red Mage in anyway.

Not that Berserker's really that much better.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I was originally going to do a vanilla run this year, but that would be way too boring.

Next year I'm just going to put "don't play natural you fools" in the title, I guess.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Kyrosiris posted:

Next year I'm just going to put "don't play natural you fools" in the title, I guess.

The OP doesn't even explain what a natural run is this go-round.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Vanilla's too boring? Sure, fair.

But it's infinitely more interesting than loving Natural, jeez

e;

This does sort of make me wonder how Pure Chaos' Freelancer/Mime chances work with added 750/No750 though. Is that even possible?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Kyrosiris posted:

Please do.

edit: changing natural to fifth job since I just saw it and it sounds pretty cool

Oxygen Deficiency fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jun 6, 2017

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Dragonatrix posted:

e;

This does sort of make me wonder how Pure Chaos' Freelancer/Mime chances work with added 750/No750 though. Is that even possible?

750/no750 can't be tacked onto Pure Chaos, just normal Chaos.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Kyrosiris posted:

I am a Natural Apologist but, like, don't do Natural with Berserker Risk. Natural can be a fun and interesting challenge with quite a few party combinations... but Berserker's weaknesses are magnified 10x in a Natural run. And getting more than one? Hoo boy.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Would it be against the rules to make a save file just before heading into the canal to speed things up? I imagine most people will be doing this.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

I make one every year, so if this is somehow against the rules I'm like... the arch-rulebreaker. :v:

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Yeah, and when I run multiple runs I get to that point (while grinding to level 10 in the wind temple in case I get something like WM or Thief first) while my previous run is being approved.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Would it be against the rules to make a save file just before heading into the canal to speed things up? I imagine most people will be doing this.

People usually have their saves just after getting jobs. The difference encounter-wise to that vs start of the canal is basically nil, so whatever.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Kyrosiris posted:

750/no750 can't be tacked onto Pure Chaos, just normal Chaos.

That's disappointing. Expected, but still disappointing.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Frankly, most people don't give a poo poo what you do, as it's a fun charity event. Donate some cash and do whatever you want. I mean, don't go bragging that you used cheat codes or whatever. Even RK grumbles about the Fiesta mod but ultimately doesn't do more than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

This is what Chaos No750 gives you. Save yourself!

• Locked thread