Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Didn't Osment play the exact same character in the terrible Entourage movie?

Characters are pretty different, but the mannerisms are similar. Haven't seen him much here yet, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Shooting Blanks posted:

Characters are pretty different, but the mannerisms are similar. Haven't seen him much here yet, of course.

He had a slight southern accent and a different name in the Entourage movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stUo-9OLpnU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

bring back old gbs posted:

they need to get john mcaffee or an analog of him on the show as an antagonistic neighbour like busey

I'd say up until recently Gavin was the show's McAfee (and evidently a bit of Peter Thiel, too), and they've already stated that the neighbors are complete shitheels who all consider themselves shrewd ~land speculators~ because they happened to buy houses in what would become extremely valuable real estate. They're all terrible people.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jun 2, 2017

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

EugeneJ posted:

He had a slight southern accent and a different name in the Entourage movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stUo-9OLpnU

In the movie he played the son of a financier, who's only real goal was to use his dad's money to get laid. In the show he's an ostensibly talented (or at least highly sought after/accomplished) VR programmer. Main difference is, one of these characters is riding coattails, the other has some potential innate ability.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

His head is so gigantic - it's loving me up.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Vintersorg posted:

Yeah if he lost 50 lbs.I can't say if that would make him look better or worse

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Poor guy really turned out to be incredibly strange looking.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
They could have McAfee play a crazy neighbor, who ends up killing Erlich in the season finale.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

bring back old gbs posted:

they need to get john mcaffee or an analog of him on the show as an antagonistic neighbour like busey

Who plays Bob Saget?

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Vintersorg posted:

I kept thinking this too.

Show me what you got!

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Pretty hosed up that they already have a character named Big Head

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Solkanar512 posted:

Who plays Bob Saget?

Dave Coulier

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
to whoever was suggesting John McAfee should play a character: John McAfee is a character.

https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/865717709140578304

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'm on my phone so I don't have a link, and I only read the first page of the article. TJ Miller said on EW that he is leaving silicon valley because he has too many other things to do, not because he did something offensive. He has a bunch of movies, another TV show, standup stuff, and Mucinex commercials to do.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

It's a long interview so instead of quoting Here's A Link

E: Ok, one quote about how busy he is:

quote:

Miller’s move, while surprising, may not come as a complete shock. The industry profile of the always-animated, always-activated, never-predictable comedian has been on the rise — recent films include Deadpool and Office Christmas Party — as has his workload. He executive produces and stars in Comedy Cental’s The Gorburger Show as a giant blue alien, and he’s performing stand-up across the country; his first HBO comedy special T.J. Miller: Meticulously Ridiculous airs June 17. Miller, 35, is dabbling in various genres in the film world: He recently shot roles for the big-screen thriller Underwater and Steven Spielberg’s adaptation of the sci-fi novel Ready Player One. In addition, he’s co-writing an action comedy for Dreamworks titled Ex-Criminals (in which he’d also star) and he voices the lead character in this summer’s The Emoji Movie as well as in 2019’s How to Train Your Dragon 3. Miller will also reunite with Ryan Reynolds in Deadpool 2. And if he runs himself ragged and catches a cold, he’s also the cure. (See: his Mucinex commercials.)

blunt fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jun 3, 2017

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Is his standup any good? I've never seen any of it.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

Depends what you're into? He's very heavily into absurdism and improv, less so stories/politics/"comedy with a point of view"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LcBkqTSEWo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxD6S-nEL_I

e: not standup, but he co-wrote a pretty great short film:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfd-RHQm4Jo

blunt fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jun 3, 2017

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Solice Kirsk posted:

Saw him last year. It was ok, had it's funny moments. Overall not as good as I expected.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
I bet Erlich stalls his car on the highway and get creamed by a self driving hooli truck

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Jian Yiang makes his octopus recipe app, Erlich in a moment of sentimentality makes one of the recipes, is poisoned, dies.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

*Gabe walks into the living room

Gilfoyle: "Gabe, put a mask on. You're uglier than usual."
Gabe: "Erlich was accompanying Belson on one of his flights. Their plane was lost over the Sea of Japan. It spun in. Their were no survivors."

*Gilfoyle, Richard, and Dinesh all look at each....then begin coding again.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Erlich becomes the first man to overdose on marijuana

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I've been thinking lately that Richard is really just Silicon Valley Barton Fink, and hopefully Erlich exits the show by burning down the incubator and shooting some FBI agents.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

maskenfreiheit posted:

Erlich becomes the first man to overdose on marijuana

It should be this.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Phi230 posted:

Jian Yiang makes his octopus recipe app, Erlich in a moment of sentimentality makes one of the recipes, is poisoned, dies.

Or he eats too large of a piece of tentacle, it gets caught in his throat, and when he flails around everyone just assumes he's just really high.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Laurie finds employment for Erlich...as her live-in Nanny

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

YES, they're doing an Internet Of poo poo plot

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

This episode perfectly encapsulates why Richard is destined to be the next Gavin Belson. All he's lacking are sycophants to tell him how great he is on a regular basis.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I gotta wonder if the Erlich masculinity subplot was put in by Mike Judge just to gently caress with people, as was speculated with the second season episode where they hire that woman programmer.

The Limp Bizkit/Biscuit references were great, although I wouldn't blame anyone if they think they took it too far. Especially at the end.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

someone on AV Club pointed out that the patent lawyer had a box of Flutie Flakes on his bookshelf--and if you either hate football or aren't from Western New York, all the proceeds from the sale of Flutie Flakes went to benefit kids with autism, as Doug Flutie's kid is autistic.

yes, he's that big of a dick to sue a charity initiative. (also Flutie Flakes were pretty tasty.)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

This may have been the least funny episode of the show yet. Anyone else think that Dinesh's ex is going to find a way to hack into their system using the fridge now?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Troy Queef posted:

someone on AV Club pointed out that the patent lawyer had a box of Flutie Flakes on his bookshelf--and if you either hate football or aren't from Western New York, all the proceeds from the sale of Flutie Flakes went to benefit kids with autism, as Doug Flutie's kid is autistic.

yes, he's that big of a dick to sue a charity initiative. (also Flutie Flakes were pretty tasty.)
I never had them, but I remember them being promoted pretty heavily during NFL games in that time period. Now I'm wishing they had put in a Reggie Bar cameo as well.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Solice Kirsk posted:

This may have been the least funny episode of the show yet. Anyone else think that Dinesh's ex is going to find a way to hack into their system using the fridge now?

That's what my roommate immediately said when they got the fridge.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Bring Ed Chambers back

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
Jian Yang's burns on Erlich continue to be top tier, wonder what he's going to do after Miller leaves the show.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Softface posted:

Jian Yang's burns on Erlich continue to be top tier, wonder what he's going to do after Miller leaves the show.

Jian Yang - Guilfoyle feud!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Solice Kirsk posted:

While that would be cool, if she was arrested for a cyber crime, she wouldn't be able to even get close to a computer. Unless they have her whistle into a phone and somehow that hacks the fridge and does something to space saver.

I thought the "you did all that but now you have to pay 2000 dollars more than you originally would have" thing at the end was stupid. Haven't we had enough of them being poo poo on? It would have been great to end on Richard scamming that guy with the fake search result. Even the way he tricked the guy seemed dumb. Wouldn't that just incentivize the guy to try to buy the copyright to that other song? I feel like a better way to screw over Richard would be for that guy to try to buy that other song and either find out it isn't real or is nothing like the song he owns. Then he uses some clause he wrote into the license with Pied Piper to void it.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Solice Kirsk posted:

This may have been the least funny episode of the show yet.

You may be dead inside. How about that?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Nah, there wasn't a lot of good jokes in this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Accretionist posted:

You may be dead inside. How about that?

That doesn't add jokes to this episode......just makes my existence one.

• Locked thread