Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Norns posted:

I just spam omega beams and punish jumpins

You're doing God's work, my good man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

After picking up the last of Wonder Woman's movie gear, I went over to the Scratching Post event to train up some other characters. The event's boss fight was a level 20 Robin, and my highest level characters were my Green Lantern and WW, both level 13. Robin absolutely crushed my GL with juggle combos and I swapped in WW with her all-epic gear.

Still got thrashed, and noticed that Robin kept relying on that dash-in attack, and in this fight it would keep sucking me in like a vortex, interrupting my moves well before closing the gap, even if I was jumping. What a bullshit attack! What was I supposed to do to counter this AI creep? I must have lost another half-dozen times to the same tactics, with Robin's combos eating half a lifebar each time I fell for his traps.

Turns out, blocking stops the move in its tracks and leaves just enough recovery frames for me to use one of my piddly 3-hit combos back at him. Also, I got my shield toss timing and distance practiced to a bullseye, so I could keep him at bay then bait the dash and punish it. Plus Catwoman assist was there to break his combos if things got iffy. I did very little damage, but it added up over time and I won. Hooray!

Then, just as my loot was announced, the game crashed. drat IT.

I reloaded the fight, started all over, and... defeated Robin pretty handily, actually. His AI loops and weaknesses were found and countered.

Leveling up in fighting games feels good. :)

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I just showed my husbands friend Power Girl's boob window. He was inpressed that it was actually there because he has no clue who she is haha! Trying to be a good host takes a lot of work haha.

edit:spelling

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Injustice 2 is leagues ahead graphically but I think the arenas and transitions in IJ 1 were way more interesting visually

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Injustice 2 does the same weird thing as MKX where the game can clearly handle 60fps at all times but for whatever reason the cinematics, supermoves and arena transitions are locked to 30fps. It can be a pretty jarring experience when you're phasing in and out of those.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008
My internet finally works properly, so I was thinking of joining a goon guild for ps4. I don't mind doing multiverse stuff for the guild, but also really like ranked matches and player matches, is there any recommendation for which of the goon guilds works best for both?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

MrJacobs posted:

My internet finally works properly, so I was thinking of joining a goon guild for ps4. I don't mind doing multiverse stuff for the guild, but also really like ranked matches and player matches, is there any recommendation for which of the goon guilds works best for both?

I just started playing Ranked yesterday and won 10 games, which was enough for an achievement that apparently 5.2% of PS4 players have lol.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I have just Red Robin left to get to level 20 and then it's waiting for each DLC character to come out. :homebrew: Not that I will stop playing Injustice 2, there's still grinding for the perfect gear for each fighter.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

the arenas and transitions in IJ 1 were way more interesting visually

Yeah, I had the same feeling. I also feel that interactables had a much bigger impact in Inj1 and they're way toned down this time.

The best stages in any fighting game ever are still MK9's, though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wish Injustice 2 had a training stage like Mortal Kombat X's.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Funky Valentine posted:

I like how people in this game call out the fact that the only thing Bane has going for him is "I BROKE THE BAT".

I mean, most other villians never even got that far with Batman so it's still a pretty legit claim.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Norns posted:

Jason Todd is the worst

there's a reason why we all voted for him to die. I wish he would have stayed dead. loving Lazarus pit bullshit

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I really liked the recent story arc that posited that Bane and Bruce Wayne were pretty much the same person forced to grow up in opposite environments.

Edit: that also concluded with Bane rip and tearing his way through the majority of Arkham's population.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jun 5, 2017

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

MrJacobs posted:

Goon Squad is gonna have room in an hour.

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
Sent an app as Hotbobaloo to Dark Empire. Put "stairs" in the comment. Just got this game yesterday, story mode is great so far.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

No one wants to fight my AI team. I'm missing out on boxes dammit!!

Who do you guys run on yours? I'm running Batman, Harley, and Bane, but thinking of switching it up.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

FunkMonkey posted:

I really liked the recent story arc that posited that Bane and Bruce Wayne were pretty much the same person forced to grow up in opposite environments.

Edit: that also concluded with Bane rip and tearing his way through the majority of Arkham's population.

much like the excellent reformation of the Riddler, DC decided to turn back the clock on Bane's great story arcs and turn him back into a loving dipshit. I never understood why, especially since characters like Hush, Simon Hurt, Court of Owls, and endless League of Shadows shenanigans were proof you could still throw new and exciting villains into the books.

At least Injustice does a better job at depicting Bane than the Arkham games, which flat-out turns him into a mentally inept hulk.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
They explained that one away in Arkham Origins, though. He gets super cheesed that Batman is whooping his poo poo so he overdoses on Venom and fries his brain

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Arkham gives Bane a happy ending, which is nice.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Jimmy Hats posted:

They explained that one away in Arkham Origins, though. He gets super cheesed that Batman is whooping his poo poo so he overdoses on Venom and fries his brain

Funny enough, it also made it the norm for Bane to keep calling people pendejo and cholo and all sorts of Spanish poo poo he normally doesn't say. Venom effectively turned him into a Cholula ad rep.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Grem posted:

I'm mcdubsdeluxe, don't kick me! I do things!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Is it normal for some epic budgeted gear to be below rare tier? It seems like extra augments get some consideration in the item budget, but when the augment is "gain extra XP for not jumping" then it's pretty much worthless against a better stat stick rare.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

hup posted:

No one wants to fight my AI team. I'm missing out on boxes dammit!!

Who do you guys run on yours? I'm running Batman, Harley, and Bane, but thinking of switching it up.

i got WW, Flash, and Dexx-Starr's hype man

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

exquisite tea posted:

Is it normal for some epic budgeted gear to be below rare tier? It seems like extra augments get some consideration in the item budget, but when the augment is "gain extra XP for not jumping" then it's pretty much worthless against a better stat stick rare.

That does happen. The extra XP for not jumping stat seems to eat up a lot of the "resources" of a gear piece, so they always seem to be kind of sucky. I've also noticed that gear that is part of a set tends to be worse individually until you complete the set, and the bonuses offset the lacking nature of the separate pieces.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
Goon Lantern report!

Sorry for not being on in a while. I'll hop on this evening and max out my guild contribution to make up for it, y'all. Been busy with other games and real life stuff.

I've been trying out Bane lately, and he's pretty rad. If you guys haven't already, try using characters that you maybe aren't too keen on. I've been surprised at who I find myself liking.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Grem posted:

As much as I want to be, I recognize I haven't been active recently, so feel free to prune me if necessary. PSN: Sahaal.

Mulloy
Jan 3, 2005

I am your best friend's wife's sword student's current roommate.
Finally stopped screwing around in single player and guild multiverse stuff and did some KoTH and found out I was completely unable to do anything. Then I found there's a "turn on online input delay" so I've been trying to get used to that. Hopefully I can get back to "doesn't look like a complete idiot" soon.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

FunkMonkey posted:

As much as I want to be, I recognize I haven't been active recently, so feel free to prune me if necessary. PSN: Sahaal.

I only booted people with 0 guild contribution for the week, you get points towards that for basically everything.

That said, we have room in Goon Squad! Put a SA reference in your appliances.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I may seriously have had 0 contribution last week, haha. I'll have to check tonight.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

This week's guild towers seemed a lot more onerous than last week's -- I don't know if every guild gets the same? Maybe things are a little more sluggish since everyone's playing Tekken 7. Looking forward to the reset...

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It would help if the reward for the boss wasn't a silver box. Or maybe gear isn't a big motivator now that there's been so much time to collect already.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I need gear cause lookin cool is half this game

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

If you're not playing this for dress up I just don't even know wtf you are doing

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Norns posted:

If you're not playing this for dress up I just don't even know wtf you are doing

Yeah I focus on the competitive aspect of the game but if you don't want your dude to look awesome while doing it get the gently caress outta here.

Gaussian
Sep 20, 2001

I'll give you a box of chocolates if you kill me.

Nap Ghost
Apparently Red Hood is up, although I haven't been able to figure out how to get him.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Uh.

...who's up for the Atom?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
No booster gold smdh

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Funky Valentine posted:

Uh.

I saw that, and immediately went and spent a million pounds on the season pass. I am all loving kinds of up for that.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I need to get the game ASAP :flashfap:

Although I'm thinking it won't go up yet given a watchtower stream is scheduled for Wednesday

https://twitter.com/InjusticeGame/status/871830998195023872

Oh, and patch notes are here

https://community.wbgames.com/t5/Official-Announcements/Injustice-2-June-Update/m-p/1538553#M13

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Funky Valentine posted:

Uh.

atom!

• Locked thread