Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
What does "breaking" in reference to Rain mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Candlelight Virgil posted:

What does "breaking" in reference to Rain mean?

His ability that lowers an enemy's stats. In Rain's case, it's full break because it lowers (breaks) atk, def, mag and spr.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Well, 21 thancreds and a buttload of Gil turtles and metal cacti has let me finally soft cap my dps for a while. I'm at nearly 500 atk with a Gilgamesh (and that sweet tri attack) now. Just "waiting"* on my first batch of TMRs to finish and I'll jump up to the 900 atk range.

*Genji glove is at 22%, the rest are sub-3% :smithicide:

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
speed up the tm grind with refills

more worthwhile than getting bediled

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Cry Havoc posted:

speed up the tm grind with refills

more worthwhile than getting bediled

This is horrible advice for most people imo. Unless you already have a full stable if top ranked damage dealers, healers, buffers, and debuffs it seems more beneficial to at least do the daily half pull, or save your lapis to do multiple pulls on a big banner.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
speaking of the TM grind, last patch seems to have busted my Macro, and now the reddit page for it is gone.

or did it move?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Spending 100 lapis a day on the 100 nrg pack is worth while to get some tmrs done. Full on lapis burning with refreshes is expensive at lower ranks.

Once you've got a stable of units built up, with one or two rainbows, and the staple 3 and 4 units, tmrs are much more important than most new units. This game heavily rewards decking one unit out in the best gear, not having a bunch of good units in crappy gear.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

jetz0r posted:

Spending 100 lapis a day on the 100 nrg pack is worth while to get some tmrs done. Full on lapis burning with refreshes is expensive at lower ranks.

Once you've got a stable of units built up, with one or two rainbows, and the staple 3 and 4 units, tmrs are much more important than most new units. This game heavily rewards decking one unit out in the best gear, not having a bunch of good units in crappy gear.

Lapisburning for TMs right now is a HORRIBLE idea. Most reports are saying to expect a +30 max energy upgrade for the anniversary.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I'll probably end up buying the daily 100 energy most days as I have plenty to work on and very little in the way of mats for awakenings, etc. I still don't have a breaker other than Rain. Probably going with 2x Setzer, Gilgamesh, Rain and... Cecil? Since he can double up as tank and healer?

But that means after I'm done with my first batch of TMRs I need to grind out double Zidane (or I guess Abel is probably better for Setzer? I have 2 of those as well), another Shine, Garland and... I'm sure I can come up with something. Probably the other Gafgarion. Or the second Cecil.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

WoL's 6 star awakening being delayed is really hurting us on full break and tank options right now. Cecil or willhelm are the only real tank choices, taking 5 star units into events that need a tank or full break is just asking for them to be splattered.

Rain is also as fragile as a 5 star unit, plus he randomly decides to take extra damage.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Getting back on this after some months hiatus. Kelsus seems like he's a freebie as long as you put in the time to gather the shards bit by bit. Don't think I'd really mind it if more units were grindable like this. At least there's a sense of progression as opposed to being at the mercy of the RNG gods.

That said, I got me a Grace from a daily summon who I'm currently leveling, though not sure if she'll be replacing anyone in my current party consisting of WK Noel 6*, Cecil 6*, Noctis 6*, Terra 6* and WoL5*. She doesn't seem to have a whole lot of utility, just straight up damage.

I do find it kind of neat that her story mirrors that of Terra, if she'd never escaped.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Ratmtattat posted:

I'm almost done with almost all of my offensive TMs and think I'll be moving onto the SPR ones next . I already have a Vanille and have a couple of Refias I can put through. Anybody else come to mind?
It's not a pure SPR accessory but Elle's Arsha's Talisman is a good poverty option for boosting multiple tanking stats simultaneously.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Dana Crysalis posted:

Lapisburning for TMs right now is a HORRIBLE idea. Most reports are saying to expect a +30 max energy upgrade for the anniversary.

I started burning Lapis around the 80nrg cap. I still haven't hit my cap and I've been playing since launch. Just burn Lapis refills on the important TMs (says the dude burning Lapis to grind out a pair of Guy TMs).

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

PaybackJack posted:

I started burning Lapis around the 80nrg cap. I still haven't hit my cap and I've been playing since launch. Just burn Lapis refills on the important TMs (says the dude burning Lapis to grind out a pair of Guy TMs).

right, I'm just saying it's a lot cheaper to wait a couple weeks and do it when we have more energy, compared to doing it now.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
What sucks is that if Orbonne Monastery comes back I still can't get the Katana because I sold the quest reward ore :negative: oh well at least I'll be able to punch Golbez' stupid face in and get a moogle soon.

EDIT: And I just got Large Sword Mastery! Feels good.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Jun 5, 2017

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Nuebot posted:

What sucks is that if Orbonne Monastery comes back I still can't get the Katana because I sold the quest reward ore :negative: oh well at least I'll be able to punch Golbez' stupid face in and get a moogle soon.

EDIT: And I just got Large Sword Mastery! Feels good.

I don't think any of the King Mog events will come back for a long time, simply due to scheduling. These Exploration events are easy to just put up for a week and let people spend a small amount of energy to redo them.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Dana Crysalis posted:

I don't think any of the King Mog events will come back for a long time, simply due to scheduling. These Exploration events are easy to just put up for a week and let people spend a small amount of energy to redo them.

I'm fine with this. It's also surprisingly cathartic to roll through this poo poo with a team that can auto-attack through it when I couldn't even beat it with a host of whale friends last time.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Nuebot posted:

I'm fine with this. It's also surprisingly cathartic to roll through this poo poo with a team that can auto-attack through it when I couldn't even beat it with a host of whale friends last time.

Powercreep is a helluva thing, no?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Shoenin posted:

speaking of the TM grind, last patch seems to have busted my Macro, and now the reddit page for it is gone.

or did it move?

this is what i use and it still works fine: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/62x2vg/custom_tm_farming_scripts_for_memu/#label-blue

jetz0r posted:

WoL's 6 star awakening being delayed is really hurting us on full break and tank options right now. Cecil or willhelm are the only real tank choices, taking 5 star units into events that need a tank or full break is just asking for them to be splattered.

Rain is also as fragile as a 5 star unit, plus he randomly decides to take extra damage.

the delay on wol sucks but snow should also be listed as viable with cecil and wilhelm, i actually use snow way more often than i use cecil to be honest. people seem to really hate him but he's invaluable on anything where you need to build lb or esper charge.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

rabidsquid posted:

the delay on wol sucks but snow should also be listed as viable with cecil and wilhelm, i actually use snow way more often than i use cecil to be honest. people seem to really hate him but he's invaluable on anything where you need to build lb or esper charge.

Not only that but 100% provoke is really important especially in some of these trials where there's unavoidable attacks that drain your MP or charm you. Snow is really good and Cecil is fine in fights where you don't need 100% provoke but that hasn't been recent trials.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

How many Dark Knight's Souls should I need? I have 4 Leons, but the only unit I have that I know wants one is Luneth.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

rabidsquid posted:

this is what i use and it still works fine: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/62x2vg/custom_tm_farming_scripts_for_memu/#label-blue

Snow has definitely been my niche single target sponge, and Cecil has been my main time tank for everything else or cover/back up tank.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
With all the Abels I pulled hunting for Wilhelm, I managed a Bowie Knife. Time to see what Setzer can do as part of a chain. :hellyeah:

Guessing his deal is either Red Card to build chain or Double Dice with an appropriate Killer as a finisher?

And yeah, 100% provoke has changed the way things work for me. Wilhelm's obviously silly, but I'm sure anyone that can pull that much heat is worth the time.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jun 5, 2017

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
So is there anything really pressing to fully TM immediately? I have dualcast, two dual wields, Excalibur, Sparky, doublehand and blade mastery but I wasn't really sure if anything else is really imperative. I'm starting to have box space issues because the drat 1% moogles. Outside of the stuff I listed is there anything I should really bumrush? Just assume I have a majority of every 3* unit and most of the 4*s.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Servaetes posted:

So is there anything really pressing to fully TM immediately? I have dualcast, two dual wields, Excalibur, Sparky, doublehand and blade mastery but I wasn't really sure if anything else is really imperative. I'm starting to have box space issues because the drat 1% moogles. Outside of the stuff I listed is there anything I should really bumrush? Just assume I have a majority of every 3* unit and most of the 4*s.

Anything with HP%+

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

in retrospect melody of life stacking is so obviously good i have no idea why that tm wasnt considered better and i am sad i've fused all but two of my garnets

i guess in the future you'll be able to smash together the minfillia tms but i think they'll still be worse than melody of life (but also free)

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Skyridge posted:

How many Dark Knight's Souls should I need? I have 4 Leons, but the only unit I have that I know wants one is Luneth.

I haven't needed more than 1. They don't stack and there aren't enough good swords to make it worthwhile really. Luneth is better off with Blade Mastery and Great Sword Mastery unless you have a really good sword for him and there are a ton of good Greatswords that are easy to TM.

Servaetes posted:

Quick Assault is always good. Also Ribbons/Discernment/Goddess Protection are really helpful.

And yeah Melody of Life is kicking me hard for having fused 7 Garnets so far because having 4-5 of those would be swell.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Luneth has his passive bonus from equipping swords though. And I'm here to get a least one Vargas on the next Brave Frontier banner.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Yay Giant of Babel is back! :toot: Time to snag an easy moogle and challenge lapis (make sure to bring a shitkicker Orlandu for Elite, one shotting Golbez is critical to get the No KO challenge due to his AoE Death at 50% HP)

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Scrublord Prime posted:

Yay Giant of Babel is back! :toot: Time to snag an easy moogle and challenge lapis (make sure to bring a shitkicker Orlandu for Elite, one shotting Golbez is critical to get the No KO challenge due to his AoE Death at 50% HP)

Yeah, that was very rude and caught me off-guard the first time. AoE paralyze followed by AoE death.

I came back with a friend Olive and showed him what single-target death looked like. :fuckoff:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Skyridge posted:

Luneth has his passive bonus from equipping swords though. And I'm here to get a least one Vargas on the next Brave Frontier banner.

Vargas TM is a great sword though?

Demon Mail, Phantasmal Blade(best sword other than Enhancer which should be going with L&A), Dark Knight's Soul: ATK: 448 (reasonable Gear: ATK: 840)

Demon Mail, Excalibur, Great Sword Mastery: ATK: 454 (reasonable Gear: ATK: 847) and will do more damage when used after Orlandeau because of light debuff from his chain attack.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Finished up some TMRs (DKS and QA) with my pile of moogles and gave them to Reberta.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

I blame whoever didn't specify that Vargas' TMR is a GREAT sword.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
For those not enjoying the fun in Discord it's been a wonderous day in the world of TMs for me.

Excalibur
Doublehand

Completed with moogles on hand once at 95% and 98% respectively

Letters and Arms was completed shortly afterwards thanks to Golbez moogle. Took 30 minutes and 33 nrg to get from 99.6 to 99.9%. Next Earth Shrine hit the last %.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Skyridge posted:

I blame whoever didn't specify that Vargas' TMR is a GREAT sword.

We don't have a high attack 3* or 4* TMR sword coming for a while. We get a sword fairly soon that grants dual-wield for sword but it's only 90 ATK. After that we have to wait 4 months for another 3*/4* unit with a sword which is +100 ATK +84 MAG. There are more swords between now and then but they're on Tidus and Onion Knight which are both 5* units and work best on themselves so you wouldn't be handing them off to Luneth. Although in the case of Tidus that may not be true because he's probably better off using Excalibur/Kiyomori and going for a 100% dodge build while also taking advantage of light weakenss from Orlandu friends. Since Tidus can give himself water element you don't *need* to run a water weapon with him, but I'm sure there will be times when you'll want to(like after he gets Enhancements).

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jun 5, 2017

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

For my TMs, I'm leaning towards doing something silly like this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6eb0mf/delita_full_spirit_support_build_exvius_wiki/

Since I can't seem to pull a bunch of the really desirable units I may as well try something to have fun with the game regardless.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I realize it isn't likely, but is there any way to keep TM grinding from eating up my friend units, so that when I turn it off to do stuff like Titan I actually have friend units and don't have to wait for them to refresh?

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
you can filter to only show certain units

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Khisanth Magus posted:

I realize it isn't likely, but is there any way to keep TM grinding from eating up my friend units, so that when I turn it off to do stuff like Titan I actually have friend units and don't have to wait for them to refresh?

I change friend sorting to go by low to high rank when I'm TMRing. You can also set it to exclude all Great Sword units (for example), so no Orlandus show on the list. Then when you're done TMRing, remove those filters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dewer
Sep 2, 2011

Khisanth Magus posted:

Easiest way is to filter for 1* friends, there's always none.

• Locked thread