Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

interrodactyl posted:

I updated it a bunch to deal with the mistakes: https://gist.github.com/jmszhao/4841a5b6f09cdf78294817a1e11a2828

df2 launched crouchers in tag 2! I guess not anymore.

All the frame data is off of here: http://rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/

You're right though, it looks like b1,4 data is wrong. I'll probably have to go through and scrub the rest at some point, but I'm pretty much done screwing with it for today.

Leo's b1,4 IS + about eight on block, but it leaves you in a stance where you can't block. However your 2 followup from the stance is a high ch launcher that beats any retaliation that isn't ducking, and 3,4 hopkicks them out of any ducking buttons.

You can also take the safe option and df out of stance tue quickly sidestep block. Done at fastest timing you end up neutral

B1,4 is one of the best moves in the game, abuse it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Yodzilla posted:

Holy poo poo the story mode framing is boring as hell. Who the gently caress hired this NPR reject sounding narrator?

The one weird thing is the framing of a reporter telling his story after the fact, is the EXACT same framing device that Ace Combat 4 used, another namco game.

*ed*

PunkBoy posted:

It reminded me a lot of Ace Combat 04. Man, now I wish Assault Horizon took place in the Tekken "real world," and be about the Zaibatsu/G Corp war.

thats what I get for posting first then reading!

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I like Katarina, she's a big titty lady and she kicks and punches very hard

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Ace Combat's 4 story was great. The narrator there was wistful but not a robot

Spending some more time practicing, the move list got a lot less intimidating when the whole "buttons = limbs" thing clicked and I realized that the inputs really match what happens on screen in a more intuitive way than I thought. Also now I think I'm paying attention to both characters' limbs more than I have in other fighting games

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Jun 5, 2017

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

tote up a bags posted:

same stoats. her combos are also super easy. u/f+4,4,4,4,4 is like her bnb combo. She has more advanced ones but that one's easy, does decent damage and has pretty solid carry. Only issue is landing the u./f+4 but it's relatively easy against noobs(and brosnan:parrot:)

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

tote up a bags posted:

Also she has a taunt. Instantly making her top tier.

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

tote up a bags posted:

:same:

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

tote up a bags posted:

She didn't click with me and then I played Josie a bunch cause she's fun as heck but I should give Katarina another try.

Vildiil
Dec 16, 2003
Stuff
The more poo poo I learn with my character the worse I'm playing. My brain is melting down by all the options.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If this is true I think this might be the first game in a long while where I buy the season pass

it is true, according to pc hackers

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Tekken bowling was kinda eh, I was always more of a tekken force guy in tekken 3.

I can now reliably kbd 3 times in a row before my brain and wrist give out. Tekken movement is silly why can't backdashing just be backdashing why does there need such a needless layer of complexity to do it fast.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

But you don't understand, Tekken bowling, IN HD! Now whenever you hit the evil doctor guy instead of actually playing the game it'll look so pretty.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax
Looks like Tekken 7 hit #1 at the top of the UK All Formats Top 40. This is the first time a Tekken game hit #1 since Tekken 3.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/tekken-7-claims-series-first-no-1-in-almost-20-years/0183286

Also the game has started to garner broader media attention:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/jun/02/wipeout-tekken-return-90s-gaming

This game is the latest in a huge winning streak for Japanese games that's been happening this year.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I think the game has realized I'm improving, because suddenly it's throwing ridiculously hard CPUs against me in Treasure mode :negative: I've just barely won the last dozen fights by the skin of my teeth. ....and then I lost my winning streak on a promotion match against a Lee. In a turbo battle. gently caress turbo battles :suicide:

Did the game update overnight or something? I've never seen the CPUs use rage arts or rage drives before today, and now it feels like they're strategically using them (which is cool tbh.)

Funky Britches
Aug 22, 2009

got em

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU5dWEGj850

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Evil Canadian posted:

Oh wow, game is fundamentally broken

They didn't put Gon's ending in the tekken 3 gallery section.

They lost the rights to Gon :(

That was my favorite character in Tekken 3 (which was the last Tekken game I played)

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity

Your Computer posted:

I think the game has realized I'm improving, because suddenly it's throwing ridiculously hard CPUs against me in Treasure mode :negative: I've just barely won the last dozen fights by the skin of my teeth. ....and then I lost my winning streak on a promotion match against a Lee. In a turbo battle. gently caress turbo battles :suicide:

Did the game update overnight or something? I've never seen the CPUs use rage arts or rage drives before today, and now it feels like they're strategically using them (which is cool tbh.)

Difficulty goes up with your rank. I was doing 60 wins in a row when I started and now I'm lucky to get 10.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
[56K WARNING]

So last night I decided to throw away all my fight money (about 30 million) on silly customizations, and I have to say although it's lacking a lot of stuff there's still a lot of cool stuff you can do. Here are some of the better creations, with help from Your Computer:

Matrix Raven and Hwoarang Potter:

Buddha Eddy and Chav Lee:

Explorer Leo and Problematic Fav Lili:

Armored Cloe and King of Birds:

Jin Fieri:

Off the Grid Miguel and Radical 80s Steve:

Bryan Manhattan and Shanky Skeleton Dragunov (Cuddly Ghost not pictured):

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Skeltonov.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Jin Fieri owns.

And man the story mode sure does feel kinda cheap and bad almost immediately doesn't it? I really don't like how often they deviate from just the regular fighting game rules with weird health and permanent rage and such.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Yodzilla posted:

Jin Fieri owns.

And man the story mode sure does feel kinda cheap and bad almost immediately doesn't it? I really don't like how often they deviate from just the regular fighting game rules with weird health and permanent rage and such.

I just want Namco to create another adventure mode like in Souls Calibur.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Vildiil posted:

The more poo poo I learn with my character the worse I'm playing. My brain is melting down by all the options.

Go to bed, wake up, and watch some videos of Korean top players. It'll help a lot.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Renoistic posted:

I just want Namco to create another adventure mode like in Souls Calibur.

Edge Master mode was the best.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Yodzilla posted:

Jin Fieri owns.

I liked it alright, but then I skipped everything that wasn't a bad rear end Heihachi/Akuma cutscene.

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/149656671?t=01m12s

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Meridian posted:

I liked it alright, but then I skipped everything that wasn't a bad rear end Heihachi/Akuma cutscene.

See, I didn't really like Akuma's stuff. Maybe I'm just getting bored of him being oversaturated.

I liked how the story humanized Heihachi. As hard as the Kazumi fight was, I LOVED the in fight mini cuts where he would have memories of her... though it got old on the 50th try. :)

I just really like that ever since the beginning, the main characters of Tekken have not been good guys. Just lovely and shittier.

Tekken 1 seemed like a fairly simple Street Fighter parallel, Kazuya with the Ryu colors and Paul with the Ken colors, but boy oh boy did they evolve.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Tekken 7: Heihachi Was Right

Starrett posted:

Difficulty goes up with your rank. I was doing 60 wins in a row when I started and now I'm lucky to get 10.
No joke, I just got to Genbu and I've gotten my rear end kicked so hard the CPU got a Perfect :negative: I guess if I want to farm money and customizations I better just start playing with a new character. It's nice to fight some more challenging CPUs though, it's not like I'm learning a lot from just hopkick-comboing forever.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Your Computer posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Tekken 7: Heihachi Was Right
it's not like I'm learning a lot from just hopkick-comboing forever.

Brother! I'm sad that online isn't working yet on PS4, but at least the game has some fun offline content in the meantime.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I have never played a tekken game before but a friend picked it up for me and I spent 6 hours with another friend playing it locally with them and holy poo poo it speaks to me. Just the flow and pacing is so good, and all the little touches (THE SLOW MOTION FOR CHIP HEALTH NEAR MISSES/HITS RULES). I'm still struggling with Tekken's combo flow but man, this game is a winner. Currently playing Leo a lot. I want to play King more but I feel like to be good at him I need to learn his 13 and 24 grapple commands and that's a lot to memorize.

Edit: my friend realized how good Steve was and now I want to play him too. Those dodges are obnoxious.

CascadeBeta fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jun 5, 2017

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Spuckuk posted:

Leo's b1,4 IS + about eight on block, but it leaves you in a stance where you can't block. However your 2 followup from the stance is a high ch launcher that beats any retaliation that isn't ducking, and 3,4 hopkicks them out of any ducking buttons.

You can also take the safe option and df out of stance tue quickly sidestep block. Done at fastest timing you end up neutral

B1,4 is one of the best moves in the game, abuse it

okay that makes sense

it already seemed stupid enough since it was a true 50/50 but i didn't realize ~df~ss~b would be that fast

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

CascadeBeta posted:

I have never played a tekken game before but a friend picked it up for me and I spent 6 hours with another friend playing it locally with them and holy poo poo it speaks to me. Just the flow and pacing is so good, and all the little touches (THE SLOW MOTION FOR CHIP HEALTH NEAR MISSES/HITS RULES). I'm still struggling with Tekken's combo flow but man, this game is a winner. Currently playing Leo a lot. I want to play King more but I feel like to be good at him I need to learn his 13 and 24 grapple commands and that's a lot to memorize.

Edit: my friend realized how good Steve was and now I want to play him too. Those dodges are obnoxious.

King has a reeeally strong set of simple combos you can do off of his u/f 4.

You can follow the knee up with 1+2, 4 and then dash f2+4 for like 63 damage. There are other variations but this one is super easy and max damage is a lot harder for four more damage.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
is there a way to ban akuma from online tournaments :qq:

e: also if you get eliminated immediately is there no way to leave the tournament? I wanted to play Tekken, not sit here for half an hour watching other people play :(

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jun 5, 2017

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Press start leave march

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Heihachi Did Nothing Wrong

So far my favorite part of story mode is Lee saying "Excellent!" when Alisa glomps Lars. (ugh)

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Honestly I always stay for the end of the tourney. You only get the loot box and gold rewards if you stay til the end, and also the more people who are still connected increases the loot bonus. Plus you can learn a lot from watching better players.

I find that tourneys don't take that long anyway, when I was running 8-man double elims they only took like 20-30 minutes total

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Empress Brosephine posted:

Press start leave march

It just threw me right into like 3 spectates without letting me press anything but before the last fight it worked :iiam: Thanks.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jmcrofts posted:

Honestly I always stay for the end of the tourney. You only get the loot box and gold rewards if you stay til the end, and also the more people who are still connected increases the loot bonus. Plus you can learn a lot from watching better players.

I find that tourneys don't take that long anyway, when I was running 8-man double elims they only took like 20-30 minutes total

If I was actually invested in this then I would agree, but I honestly just want a single win for the achievement :v: I don't need the gold or box, and I'd rather start a new tournament when I was eliminated in the very first round.

Also I think the matchmaking doesn't know what to do with me since I just started playing online.

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jun 5, 2017

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

The load times are half the battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Your Computer posted:

Also I think the matchmaking doesn't know what to do with me since I just started playing online.

If you're playing on ps4, the matchmaking is broken right now. Only way I've been able to get ranked matches is by going to the match list and just sitting there (don't refresh or click on anyone), it should pop up a match request eventually, might take a couple minutes