Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

ive got a phrenology book right here and it says thats The Bitchmade Valley? weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
pretty decent jokes about d-bag tech VC Warriors fans on Silicon Valley tonight, check em out

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Lessail posted:

where all y'all gently caress parity posters at now

still enjoying this poo poo

Yeah because I like basketball, not just one team.

E2M2 posted:

It's not luck when it's good defense.

I thought the Warriors played pretty mediocre defense overall game 2. They were great for about 5 minutes in the third, but other than that, had a few highlight blocks I guess but fouled way too often due to being out of position or attempting to make a highlight instead of a good play. Just letting Love get into the paint all night long is a bad idea that a team with less offense would've paid dearly for.

With that said the Cavs defense was also bad, maybe worse, and they just have no control over the pace of the game and seemed exhausted by the third quarter as a team. I realize that it just isn't what the Cavs do this year so slowing down may not be realistic for them but I just don't see them being very competitive in a series like this.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

EvanTH posted:

pretty decent jokes about d-bag tech VC Warriors fans on Silicon Valley tonight, check em out

tj could be a kelly olynyk type if he worked hard

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

roundmidnight posted:

I'll just have to be satisfied knowing that part of KD knows that this title and the ones that will come after it aren't particularly meaningful for him personally and he'll always be associated with them rather than the other way around.

Why would he see it that way after winning Finals MVP and beating a team that is absolutely better than they were there year before when they beat the team he joined? He will justifiably see himself as leading this team over the hump.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Rick posted:

I also like basketball, specifically of the competitive type.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
lol I joked in the GDT that I hadn't seen Deron Williams make a shot so far and I just looked it up and he's 0-9

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Rick posted:

Maybe they should start showing basketball on the tv then

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

roundmidnight posted:

I'll just have to be satisfied knowing that part of KD knows that this title and the ones that will come after it aren't particularly meaningful for him personally and he'll always be associated with them rather than the other way around.

He is almost certainly going to win finals mvp and will lead both teams in nearly every important stat so I doubt it. He's gonna feel like 'gently caress yes I won a championship while balling all over the BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD'

leftist heap posted:

lol I joked in the GDT that I hadn't seen Deron Williams make a shot so far and I just looked it up and he's 0-9

Yeah everyone except LeBron Kyrie and Kevin Love are playing really really bad. Shumpert and JR Smith notably terrible, I'll be surprised if Smith gets many minutes in g3 over, say, Channing Frye

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
The Cavs discipline has been horrible so far. They get lost all the time off ball. Last Finals they were very good at sticking to Klay and Curry and conceding everything else. I wonder if they'll be better at home but I feel like their defensive focus has been really bad all year.

I will give Love props though, he played really well tonight. His defense is kinda part of the problem though.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Ammanas posted:

Yeah everyone except LeBron Kyrie and Kevin Love are playing really really bad. Shumpert and JR Smith notably terrible, I'll be surprised if Smith gets many minutes in g3 over, say, Channing Frye

JR played 14 minutes in this game.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

spacejung posted:

JR played 14 minutes in this game.

But he was so awful it felt like 36

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Papercut posted:

Why would he see it that way after winning Finals MVP and beating a team that is absolutely better than they were there year before when they beat the team he joined? He will justifiably see himself as leading this team over the hump.

This guy gets it

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

This guy gets it

Yeah, tonight I realized Curry is the most bitchmade. He needs and Alpha to win Finals MVP for him because he just isn't good enough to lead a team to a championship.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
These soft rear end insultd need to step up, like " curry should've been in london"

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Lessail posted:

Maybe they should start showing basketball on the tv then

This is what the NBA Finals are. There are usually 3-4 blowouts every year, sometimes more. The fun is the game to game adjustments of teams playing at the highest stress level.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Lessail posted:

where all y'all gently caress parity posters at now

still enjoying this poo poo

Yes.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
I can at least take comfort in knowing the Warriors haven't won a championship against remotely healthy teams and this season they were getting blown out by the only team to take the season series off them before injuring their star.

It adds some intrigue to next year. Will the Warriors be able to prove they're the best team in the league?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Bashez posted:

I can at least take comfort in knowing the Warriors haven't won a championship against remotely healthy teams and this season they were getting blown out by the only team to take the season series off them before injuring their star.

It adds some intrigue to next year. Will the Warriors be able to prove they're the best team in the league?

oh hey its 2015 again

yes, a team with kevin durant, steph curry, klay thompson, draymond green, and leeroy the crazy guy from down the street starting at center is the best team in the league.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Strawberry Panda posted:

Yeah, tonight I realized Curry is the most bitchmade. He needs and Alpha to win Finals MVP for him because he just isn't good enough to lead a team to a championship.
Uhh

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Bashez posted:

The comeback was already in progress before kawhi got hurt.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That's probably a fake post but if they go 16-0 they're legit the best team ever.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

euphronius posted:

That's probably a fake post but if they go 16-0 they're legit the best team ever.

*gives chunkles the nod saying get over here* actually, if you look at this graph 📈, it says the rockets are the best 🚀 🚀 🚀

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
While it's still anyone's series if the Cavs figure it out, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they are having trouble keeping up with a team that has two MVPs in their prime plus a few other guys who would be the star player on nearly any other team in the league. I can't complain because the Cavs are a superstar team too but drat adding Durant is just unfair.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Panzeh posted:

The comeback was already in progress before kawhi got hurt.

:confused: Spurs were up 20 at halftime and 23 when he left the game

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Yeah, they could have been their only lost!

Predicted Cavs would take 1 game and will be GSW's only lost before playoffs started, but the Boston series only clarified that CAVs would get blown out in a sweep.

Their defense is poo poo, not improving during the regular season was probably a big mistake, as was playing Lebron 40+ mins a game, he's gassed now.

All the rules NBA execs have placed to stop free agency, makes it so the Cavs could not improve, so it's all downhill from here, especially if Lebron makes 40+mil a year or whatever. Ah well.

Ring chasers would go to GSW, so there is virtually no reason to take discount for Cavs.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Love also played well because Green was in foul trouble the whole game. Didn't matter though cause Love provides 0 helpside D

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

illcendiary posted:

:confused: Spurs were up 20 at halftime and 23 when he left the game

It's weird, I've seen that said several times. It's not like this is even a close to true narrative. They got the lead down from 20 to 15 for not even one entire possession before it went back to 18 again and eventually went to 23.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

maybe he means that kawhi had re-tweaked his ankle and went out for a minute before pachulia (on putin's orders in response to pop critizing trump) took him out for good

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Tae posted:

These soft rear end insultd need to step up, like " curry should've been in london"

Nobody ever mentions players dying except for you, you loving weirdo

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

https://twitter.com/JaimeRodrigC/status/870711282034294785

I want one

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/warriorsworld/status/871571083828133888

I hope the poor guy won.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

There are no poor people at a Bay Area NBA finals game. In fact, I bet that other guy is lying about having so much more money. I hate when people lie.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
only thing more uncanny than kevin durant's head dimple is kevin durant with his shirt off. Somethin' very weird about it.

it was the first thing I thought of when I read that Lisa Ann GQ interview where she says basketball players have Greek God idealized forms. Durant reminds us that several Oceanic cultures believe/d in a Spider God wove the universe into being, hmm...

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Bay area fans go HAM when they out of that soylent

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
https://twitter.com/NBA/status/871555511723986944

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

And how is that not a double dribble?

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Probably because it was cool as hell and that's the only rule that matters

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

RCarr posted:

And how is that not a double dribble?

because in real time, that happened in about 5 seconds and none of the refs saw it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

man LeBron's D is perfect on that. He went for the block the instant Curry put the ball in both hands and was therefore not allowed to put it on the floor again.

At the time I thought the help D was real lacking

• Locked thread