Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

mynnna posted:

Remember how someone here mentioned knowing what gym Richard Spencer went to?

They kicked him out.

Just some little good feelings for the morning.

From The Article posted:

"First, I want to note that this man is a supreme coward," Fair wrote. "When I approached this flaccid, sorry excuse of a man and asked ‘Are you Richard Spencer,' this pendulous poltroon said 'No. I am not.'"

The Master Race ladies and Gentlemen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/871725780535062528

Holy poo poo.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Retro42 posted:

I already know the answer but how could anyone on his staff let this happen? All it would take would be one semi-intelligent staffer to check his tweet before he posts it to see this was a BAD IDEA. Hell, if they can't keep the phone out of his hands at least have a staffer tasked with watching his feed and issuing a "What he meant to say was..." tweet within minutes.

They try as hard as they can to keep him from tweeting. We've had like a dozen stories about how the staff has to try to keep him distracted and happy to keep him from doing anything and how any time he manages to get away from his handlers, he watches TV, gets mad, and gets on twitter.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Trump must have received some real bad news about something because this Tweet Storm is crazy even by his standards.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Sinteres posted:

He lies to his staff, as the article about him misleading his national security team about his NATO speech proved. He does what he wants, and acts out when people try to stop him.

I know, you'd think they would have at least some form of damage control in place instead of what they currently have though. DOJ arguing it's not a ban vs. him saying it is is not a complicated legal analysis, just get some intern to screen his tweets for spelling errors and stupidity and 90% of his twitter problems would disappear.

Night10194 posted:

They try as hard as they can to keep him from tweeting. We've had like a dozen stories about how the staff has to try to keep him distracted and happy to keep him from doing anything and how any time he manages to get away from his handlers, he watches TV, gets mad, and gets on twitter.

poo poo, we've all worked with an impossible to fire rear end in a top hat/idiot before. Most places just have someone quietly manage the person in question. The WH doesn't even seem to be trying to do that. If they have been trying, it's been 4 months now, they need to get their poo poo together.

All that said, as one of the other guys I really do enjoy him sticking his foot in it every other day.

Retro42 fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jun 5, 2017

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Trump must have received some real bad news about something because this Tweet Storm is crazy even by his standards.

Naw, he's just in full on 'appreciate the congrats' mode because he gets super excited any time there's terrorism.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Did he become president yet? I'm asking for my friend Fareed Zakaria....

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

This man has officially lost it.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Retro42 posted:

I know, you'd think they would have at least some form of damage control in place instead of what they currently have though. DOJ arguing it's not a ban vs. him saying it is is not a complicated legal analysis, just get some intern to screen his tweets for spelling errors and stupidity and 90% of his twitter problems would disappear.

Beyond removing him from office, you really can't stop the president from doing what he wants.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

There Bias Two posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/871722020278587393

What about all those positions you haven't even provided nominees for?

Still baffling he's apparently watching Fox news all day.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

I think the "American Carnage" he was talking about was a prediction, not a bad assessment

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Labour should just promote that Tweet across the UK

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

There Bias Two posted:

Why is he writing EXTREME VETTING in all caps like it's some sort of Xtreme Food advertisement from the 90's?

To retard conservatives this is the same as scare quotes, but uses less character space because twitter limits posts

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Piiisss Taaape

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
He might have been watching Morning Joe today, either live or on his presidential DVR. I saw a couple tweets showing stuff he might be responding to from there.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I really wonder what it would take for someone like Theresa May to stand up and say Trump's attacks on the mayor of London are disgusting.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

That's the stuff! I had been going through withdrawals last week, but we are finally getting the good stuff again. This is going to be a good few days.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

He's really loving despicable, Jesus.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Sinteres posted:

I really wonder what it would take for someone like Theresa May to stand up and say Trump's attacks on the mayor of London are disgusting.

Standing up requires a backbone.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Probably told executive privilege wasn't gonna work and there was nothing he can do to stop Comey from testifying later this week. Gotta go blow off some steam and watch Fox & Friends!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

TyrantWD posted:

That's the stuff! I had been going through withdrawals last week, but we are finally getting the good stuff again. This is going to be a good few days.

I get the feeling we'll get a huge media bomb today. It'll be like mainlining heroin to us.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

TyrantWD posted:

I can't tell if 'I'm going to continue to double down on attacking the mayor of our closest ally's capital after a terrorist attack on his people' or 'I loving love my muslim ban, which is totally a muslim ban' is the better one this morning.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Mustached Demon posted:

I get the feeling we'll get a huge media bomb today. It'll be like mainlining heroin to us.

My body is ready.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Night10194 posted:

I can't tell if 'I'm going to continue to double down on attacking the mayor of our closest ally's capital after a terrorist attack on his people' or 'I loving love my muslim ban, which is totally a muslim ban' is the better one this morning.

The former is more vile but the latter is literally going to be used in court as evidence against him so I say the latter.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Night10194 posted:

It's just normal that the president is just a blatant racist.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He's really on a roll this morning, I wonder what pissed him off.

He woke up

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

And looked down

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Maybe he's locked in a bathroom and they can't get his phone away from him.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

mdemone posted:

My body is ready.

but I can't just :f5: all day, I need to get poo poo done.

Five more minutes then.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

5 dead in the Orlando shooting.

CNN reports

quote:

Police say there is no connection to terrorism. It appears to be a work-related incident, WFTV says.

So everyone revving up their Reichstag Fire posts can go away now.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Uh oh! Sounds like somebody's got a case of the Mondays!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

CNN reports

A "work-related incident"?

WTF CNN?

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The former is more vile but the latter is literally going to be used in court as evidence against him so I say the latter.

You'd almost think he wants the ban to fail on purpose so he can blame the courts for all his failures but that's probably too two-dimensional chess to expect from him.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Donald Trump is a piece of poo poo.

Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

CNN reports

Nothing to worry about, just a normal killing spree

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

There Bias Two posted:

A "work-related incident"?

WTF CNN?

It means some disgruntled/recently fired employee went postal.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Florida Betty posted:

Nothing to worry about, just a normal killing spree

That just about sums up America right now.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

I don't know why Dicky Spencer is so mad…He was just peacefully cleansed from the gym. :shobon:

There Bias Two posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/871722020278587393

What about all those positions you haven't even provided nominees for?

Trump Thread II: Want approvals.

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
That quote's taken completely out of context, if no one's pointed it out yet. The mayor was saying "there's no reason to be alarmed" from the huge amounts of police on the street.

That tweet's going to piss off *everyone* in the UK.

edit:

Full quote: "Londoners will see an increased police presence today and over the course of the next few days. No reason to be alarmed."

pepito sanchez fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jun 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

pepito sanchez posted:

That quote's taken completely out of context, if no one's pointed it out yet. The mayor was saying "there's no reason to be alarmed" from the huge amounts of police on the street.

That tweet's going to piss off *everyone* in the UK.

Again. They were already pissed off at the first one and now he's doubling down after getting called out on his poor reading comprehension.

• Locked thread