Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

her name is Tomi but the guy called her Tami

calling someone the wrong name on purpose is like the oldest joke in existence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

this reminds me of something

Now that's one hell of an image.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Fullhouse posted:

her name is Tomi but the guy called her Tami

calling someone the wrong name on purpose is like the oldest joke in existence

They're good dogs Brent.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

He is FtM (she transition from Tammy to Tommy) and it's okay to dead-name people you don't agree with politically

spell your name stupid after being given an opportunity not to and you really forego the right to bitch about people misreading it

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

Let me tell you about my opinion about Bernie Sanders and why Donald Trump is his true successor.

You cannot vote Hillary Clinton because she is worse than Trump.

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

this reminds me of something

cant wait for the future so i can tattoo gifs

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Man what kind of short straw do you have to draw to be the officer assigned to the pridemobile

there is no scenario where this isn't the car the fresh-faced rookie gets hazed in while the doughnut-chomping sipowiczes snicker

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

RLM said it was pretty good(and i usually have similar taste as them) and it was sad that the culture war bullshit made the movie a battlefield because that poo poo will turn people off from seeing it. i may see it at some point.

Nckdictator posted:

I've heard her called a "war criminal" but I can't find anything through a google search on any specific incident. I mean, she did serve in the IDF and made some horrific comments reguarding Gaza or am i missing something?

pretty much. Gal Godot has lovely awful opinions/politics. but she probably didn't burn a house full of Palestinian children down so bibi and friends could jerk off to the screams.

Thoguh posted:

That's a fake account with five followers.

can believe that. ACLU is pretty legit good. they dont fall into the woke circle jerk and the various terms didnt sound like them.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

RLM said it was pretty good(and i usually have similar taste as them) and it was sad that the culture war bullshit made the movie a battlefield because that poo poo will turn people off from seeing it. i may see it at some point.

You should, it's a pretty fun time

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

you what

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
Salon counts,right?

https://www.salon.com/2017/06/02/superhero-films-are-bad-for-democracy/

peeper
Jun 21, 2005
Fun Shoe

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

nice markov chain

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Robespierre did nothing wrong

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

I believe he's talking about the female-only screening and the noise that the MRA crowd raised, not Gadot's political opinions.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

nice markov chain

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

that's more "hottest takes thread" territory. not gonna click the link because the URL says it all

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
why isnt anyone mentioning Punisher Warzone was directed by a woman? that movie rules

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Does the matrix trilogy count

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

there was a good article somewhere comparing Superman when the character debuted in the late '30s before the outbreak of WW2, the Christopher Reeve Superman movie in the late '70s during the economic downturn back then, and the recent Superman movies now. the difference was that in the past, Supes was a source of hope and optimism in an uncertain world, but the Zach Snyder version is just an rear end in a top hat

that's the sort of thing i wanna see more of, instead of just some surface-level talking point bullshit that the salon article probably has

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Postmodernism killed the concept of hope

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
i saw wonder woman with my friend who loves comics and i have yet to see a comic book movie that I will remember more than 12 hours after seeing it

wait that's a lie i remember the batman with heath ledger in it. welp thats my story

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Scionix posted:

i saw wonder woman with my friend who loves comics and i have yet to see a comic book movie that I will remember more than 12 hours after seeing it

People say this like it's damning of these movies, but it just makes me question your memory.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

get that OUT of my face posted:

there was a good article somewhere comparing Superman when the character debuted in the late '30s before the outbreak of WW2, the Christopher Reeve Superman movie in the late '70s during the economic downturn back then, and the recent Superman movies now. the difference was that in the past, Supes was a source of hope and optimism in an uncertain world, but the Zach Snyder version is just an rear end in a top hat

that's the sort of thing i wanna see more of, instead of just some surface-level talking point bullshit that the salon article probably has

I recall that article. I think it came to the ultimate conclusion that thousands die as collateral damage and Superman ends up snapping Zod's neck because everything sucks and there are no more heroes or something.

I'd probably just say its because Zack Snyder wants to be edgy and no one in Hollywood is willing to tell him to gently caress off with that poo poo and just make some super hero movies. The Marvel movies have dealt with themes of collateral damage and loss of innocence while still retaining a basic optimism. They also made a poo poo ton more money because dark and gritty is garbage.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Scionix posted:

wait that's a lie i remember the batman with heath ledger in it. welp thats my story
Honestly think that's the only real good superhero movie, the others range from meh to garbage

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress superheros movies. Just, gently caress em.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
fuckman

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rapeman

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WampaLord posted:

People say this like it's damning of these movies, but it just makes me question your memory.

They suck

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I'm not going to claim they're all good, but I can remember what movies I've seen, it's not some amazing superpower to do so.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
The only good superhero movie is Unbreakable.

Also Legion, the show.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

WampaLord posted:

I'm not going to claim they're all good, but I can remember what movies I've seen, it's not some amazing superpower to do so.

People don't forget that they've seen comic book movies, they just forget details of the movie itself because they're so bland and blend together.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Jeb! Repetition posted:

People don't forget that they've seen comic book movies, they just forget details of the movie itself because they're so bland and blend together.

a lot of them are cringe-worthy enough that you actively try to forget whatever pabulum just got forced into your brain

the second Chris Nolan batman movie was lightning in a bottle; even he couldn't duplicate that level of quality with any of the other installments. I know it resonated for me because the villain is a completely amoral psychopath, but he's espousing a world view that's juuuust close enough to observable reality that it's appealing. basically we're all Harvey Dent lying in the hospital bed, being told exactly the kind of lie that we need to hear to go careening off the rails.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Like, I get that you might not recall a bit character or a minor detail, but it's not hard at all to remember the broad strokes of what happened. Am I some sort of master memory person for being able to do this?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

WampaLord posted:

Like, I get that you might not recall a bit character or a minor detail, but it's not hard at all to remember the broad strokes of what happened. Am I some sort of master memory person for being able to do this?

Dunno.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

WampaLord posted:

No you just don't really have much else going on in your life such that shallow comic book movies resonate with you whereas most people treat them as a short distraction that they don't dwell upon beyond the confirmation that "yes they saw the movie."

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

WampaLord posted:

I can remember entire blocks of dialogue from good movies I saw a decade ago and nothing from poo poo movies I saw a month ago, most superhero movies are poo poo and forgettable

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

rudatron posted:

gently caress superheros movies. Just, gently caress em.

Honestly if you're a kid or you're looking for an excuse to munch popcorn with friends? They're fine. Go have fun. Pay the 10 bucks for a ticket, and over pay for popcorn, coke.

It's time to stop using Superheroes, Harry Potter, Star Wars, and whatever as some artistic "stand" against various political oppression. They're supposed to represent a fun "escape" from the thing people are bitching about.

Not a Step posted:

I recall that article. I think it came to the ultimate conclusion that thousands die as collateral damage and Superman ends up snapping Zod's neck because everything sucks and there are no more heroes or something.

I'd probably just say its because Zack Snyder wants to be edgy and no one in Hollywood is willing to tell him to gently caress off with that poo poo and just make some super hero movies. The Marvel movies have dealt with themes of collateral damage and loss of innocence while still retaining a basic optimism. They also made a poo poo ton more money because dark and gritty is garbage.

God he loving blows. Also his remake of "dawn of the dead" is also trash.

get that OUT of my face posted:

See I find that sort of element fascinating. That and comparing how different eras effect various music, television and such because of the time they're featured in.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anybody else want to post an essay about how if your just looking to laugh and clap, superheroes are actually pretty ok

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not to say that the dude above me did, but I feel one coming. . .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Anybody else want to post an essay about how if your just looking to laugh and clap, superheroes are actually pretty ok

I get my summer raunchy comedy fun from Baywatch, critics hate this one weird trick!