Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

JethroMcB posted:

Guess they gotta get back in the studio to prime the pump for that live show at Bonnaroo next week

Both of the new (fuckin') T-shirts are pretty great as well (The fine print on the photo reads "ADAM SCOTT OF 'TORQUE' FAME")

Did somebody say... t-shirts? https://youtu.be/qvQoFRFd13g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

Guess they gotta get back in the studio to prime the pump for that live show at Bonnaroo next week

Both of the new (fuckin') T-shirts are pretty great as well (The fine print on the photo reads "ADAM SCOTT OF 'TORQUE' FAME")

Just bought the Adam Scott one. It rules. Adam Scott... star of Torque

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
get the loving tshirts

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
bono is the marvin gaye of u2

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
You better believe I'm buying that fuckin torque tshirt

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I thought them cancelling the live show at Bonnaroo was a bit at first. Was this the official announcement that they couldn't make it?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Question for everyone who doesn't like U2 (which seems to be 99% of this podcast's listeners except me): Do you tune out and half-listen in the last 30 minutes of each ep when they actually get super in-depth and nerdy about each album/concert song-by-song?

Also, has anyone actually gotten into U2 through this podcast a la Adam Scott unironically saying bro?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Question for everyone who doesn't like U2 (which seems to be 99% of this podcast's listeners except me): Do you tune out and half-listen in the last 30 minutes of each ep when they actually get super in-depth and nerdy about each album/concert song-by-song?

Also, has anyone actually gotten into U2 through this podcast a la Adam Scott unironically saying bro?

I listen to the entire podcast and while I don't necessarily like U2, I respect their music moreso now that I've listened to all the analysis.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I mostly don't care about U2, but the podcast got me into a couple of their slightly less famous songs like "New Year's Day", "Bad", and "Cedars of Lebanon".

I think the band is simultaneously overrated and underrated. I don't think they have a single fantastic album from front to back, but they have a ton of great songs and have put out some really spectacular EP-length sets of songs.

It's always nice having that familiar U2 sound as bumper music when Scott throws to a commercial break.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I despise U2 and I listen to them nerd out about it every time. Scott is a great music nerd, and even if a bunch of the stuff he likes is irredeemably corny or has aged poorly in my mind, I love hearing him talk about music, the connections he makes, the obscure as hell 80s and 90s band references he pulls out.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Tatumje posted:

I mostly don't care about U2, but the podcast got me into a couple of their slightly less famous songs like "New Year's Day", "Bad", and "Cedars of Lebanon".

I think the band is simultaneously overrated and underrated. I don't think they have a single fantastic album from front to back, but they have a ton of great songs and have put out some really spectacular EP-length sets of songs.

It's always nice having that familiar U2 sound as bumper music when Scott throws to a commercial break.

Wrong, zooropa and war are great start to finish

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
U2 suffers from the fact it's cool to hate them but in reality it's good rock and roll uh music

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The Adam scott shirt is sold out already. gently caress

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

soggybagel posted:

Sounds like the work of the dastardly MacPhisto!

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Mr. Macphisto is a real fucker

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

soggybagel posted:

Oh son of a bitch, I need that for my brother's birthday.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I know we skip the ads on everything but HH because they don't really read the copy or do anything related to the product, but "i've talked about Lisa mattresses more than I've ever said 'I love you' to my wife..." is very good.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Scott also complained about the talking points in the ad copy. Even within the context of his history with the company, this Leesa ad seemed hostile.

It reminded me of the old HH ad where they just complained about how they had to read an ad about the dumb gimmick band that only played toilet-themed songs.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

GobiasIndustries posted:

Oh son of a bitch, I need that for my brother's birthday.

On twitter, Scott said they're restocking Monday

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Tatumje posted:

Speaking of good ones, take a look at the new streaming service Vioobu and their exciting new series Cuplicated.

I promise it isn't a joke dedicated to skewering Seeso for 35 minutes.

Edit: Osama Tim Allen

Good god. This show is wacky....and I cannot turn away.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Whatta da tinder? Itta da uber for date?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Have any of you guys ever watched bajillion dollars properties.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
yea! i thought season 3 was pretty good. eugene cordero did a great job.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Work Friend Keven posted:

Have any of you guys ever watched bajillion dollars properties.

It's got some really laugh out loud moments, but most of the time it's like just a polite smile the whole time, watching it like when you feel committed to go to a friend's band's show even though you don't love it.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
There's a free episode up on Seeso's YouTube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omkE9HKv5V0
Check it out.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
So the Hollywood Handbook on Live at UCB is pretty freaking hilarious.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Malcolm Excellent posted:

So the Hollywood Handbook on Live at UCB is pretty freaking hilarious.

Seems unlikely.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

ElCondemn posted:

Seems unlikely.

Okay.... Yes..Speak on that.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Okay.... Yes..Speak on that.

Couldn't have guessed you'd say that! So clever!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Hollywood Handbook has really matured comedically in the past year by abandoning their catchphrases and vocal tics to pursue a much more cynical style that completely embraces the vacuous nature of the LA lifestyle.

This is best captured when Sean tells the Vulture Fest audience that it's not funny to ask questions in broken language and he stopped doing that.

If you listened to the show previously and didn't like it it might be worth returning to it now.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Cloks posted:

If you listened to the show previously and didn't like it it might be worth returning to it now.

Seems unlikely.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cloks posted:

Hollywood Handbook has really matured comedically in the past year by abandoning their catchphrases and vocal tics to pursue a much more cynical style that completely embraces the vacuous nature of the LA lifestyle.

This is best captured when Sean tells the Vulture Fest audience that it's not funny to ask questions in broken language and he stopped doing that.

Yeah. I have to admit being pretty annoyed with HH in the beginning but it has gotten better and I really enjoy it now.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Plus when Sean was a teenager he best up a cop. Punched his head clean off.. it landed in the next state over!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

ElCondemn posted:

Seems unlikely.

haha you have a grudge against a podcast and the people who like it hahahaha

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I'd bet he got stiffed after buying to Pro Version back in the day, and now he hates The Boys.

Also the episode of HH where they trick PFT into doing Spont is one of the best episodes. If you think you don't like it, try that one.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Cloks posted:

I've only listened to the old episodes and it actually is funny when he asks questions in broken language.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Sinteres posted:

I've only listened to the old episodes and it actually is funny when he asks questions in broken language.

Yeah, it is but it becomes a comedic crutch.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Sinteres posted:

It was funny because it put guests who weren't sure what to expect from the show on guard, but it did run its course.

That said I hope they never stop occasionally bungling names and turns of phrase (I can only think of a certain action star as "Dwayne-Rock Johnson" now.)

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

ElCondemn posted:

Seems unlikely.

hmmmmmm yes mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmspeakonthat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
HH has evolved significantly, but not in a way I think would actually get new people on board. Like a lot of what is funny about the show now is kinda how it plays with comedy concepts in a way that could probably be pretty off putting to people I am guessing.