Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Hixson posted:

Hey that's not very nice

Neither is GW, but you keep sucking them off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

:cawg:

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

So is 8th really all that streamlined? I saw the profile on one of the assassins and it has 4 separate weapons, 2 of which appear unique, 2 "standard" abilities and 3 additional custom abilities. For ONE loving model.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Crackbone posted:

So is 8th really all that streamlined? I saw the profile on one of the assassins and it has 4 separate weapons, 2 of which appear unique, 2 "standard" abilities and 3 additional custom abilities. For ONE loving model.

lol why are you pretending to care

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Crackbone posted:

Neither is GW, but you keep sucking them off.

GW has consistently provided me with quality rules and models, and entertainment for years. They seem pretty good!!

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Crackbone posted:

Show us on the doll where games workshop touched you

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Ayn Marx posted:

Show us on the Primaris Marine where games workshop touched you

The true reason they scaled them up.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Space marines having giant dicks is canon

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Now that GW turned out to be bad GW defense brigade has come storming over the ridge

Load cannons with Gundam posts

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Oh hey look, the mask slipped and the Death Thread's pathological obsession is showing through again.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Crackbone posted:

its streamlined

but relative to GW game standards

so like, not at all

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Hixson posted:

Space marines having giant dicks is canon

Is that from the same book with all the farting where they crawl up an alien butt, or is there another one I should know about?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Oh hey look, the mask slipped and the Death Thread's pathological obsession is showing through again.

lol if you care about things my dude

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Moola posted:

its streamlined

but relative to GW game standards

so like, not at all

So a game goes from 4 hours to 3.75??

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I dont know the exact math

game still bad

but Ima get me a big boi or 2 because I like true scale marines

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Moola posted:

I dont know the exact math

game still bad

but Ima get me a big boi or 2 because I like true scale marines

oh, that reminds me--it looks like they may be planning to pack one in free with the next White Dwarf or two. Saw something about that on Atia's blog

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
aw gently caress yeah I'm excited for that!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

berzerkmonkey posted:

Dude, come on. All companies treat their customers with very little respect.

Demonstratably not true. I'm sorry you buy a lot of crappy products from bad companies but there are companies that sell quality products and treat their customers with respect.

quote:

This is a true statement. But it happened. Move on.

Please tell us the exact statute of limitations on complaining about things, so we can make sure to stop talking about something dumb once the time limit is expired, thanks.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
daily reminder that being a fan of a company that just sells toys is weird AF

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Crackbone posted:

Now that GW turned out to be bad GW defense brigade has come storming over the ridge

Load cannons with Gundam posts

You seem really upset about things that other people like that don't impact you at all.

Ashcans posted:

Is that from the same book with all the farting where they crawl up an alien butt, or is there another one I should know about?

No, it's in Emperors Gift where a female inquisitor is checking out some hot space marine dong. But that one sounds cool too.

Another favorite of mine is Fulgrim ordering his boyz to stuff his hole full of eldar soul stones.

Truly good fiction

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Leperflesh posted:

Please tell us the exact statute of limitations on complaining about things, so we can make sure to stop talking about something dumb once the time limit is expired, thanks.

3 hours

so yeah, time's up

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Hixson posted:

No, it's in Emperors Gift where a female inquisitor is checking out some hot space marine dong. But that one sounds cool too.

link

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

TheChirurgeon posted:

oh, that reminds me--it looks like they may be planning to pack one in free with the next White Dwarf or two. Saw something about that on Atia's blog

drat, a single bigmar would be nice but gently caress paying for a modern day White Dwarf.

no u

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...

Hixson posted:

You seem really upset about things that other people like that don't impact you at all.
The endless parade of idiots trying to stop people from badmouthing their favourite toymaker impacts my enjoyment of this thread.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
heh, look how much you care about athing heh

I mean I dont care about how much you care

but heh, look at you, caring about thing heheh

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Hra Mormo posted:

drat, a single bigmar would be nice but gently caress paying for a modern day White Dwarf.

I like the current offering. It's pretty robust and they put a lot of content in there. If you don't care about any of the games though, then yeah there's nothing for you. Better to just buy 1 or 2 mans off ebay.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I care so little about the thing you care about posting about, that I'm gonna post about you caring about it

me though, I dont care :cool:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

lol

It's almost like when GW does something not good we laugh about it

Nevermind the people saying they like the biglymarines models.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
guys

I'm not sure if it came off clear that I don't care before when I posted?

you all get that I dont care right?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I think GW is going to sell lots and lots of their stupidly overpriced rules that should be free, so from GW's perspective they're pricing it perfectly (pricing based on what the market will bear). The criticism for the high price therefore should land squarely on the people paying it.

Bearing in mind that as a publicly held company, GW has a responsibility to its shareholders to maximize revenue.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
just checkin in again

noticed nobody replied to my post

just wanted to make sure you got that I dont care

anyway, im breezy!

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
To be fair, having come across recently from Warmachine, a lot of recent GW releases aren't that pricey, or are on a part with PP products. The recent plastic colossals are ridiculously expensive

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Moola posted:

just checkin in again

noticed nobody replied to my post

just wanted to make sure you got that I dont care

anyway, im breezy!

I don't care enough to post that you are obviously caring.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
I'm not sure I care if Moola cares or not.

I'm not even sure I care about skulls, and I don't care if Moola cares that I don't care about skulls or not.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...

Serotonin posted:

To be fair, having come across recently from Warmachine, a lot of recent GW releases aren't that pricey, or are on a part with PP products. The recent plastic colossals are ridiculously expensive

I stopped actively playing around the time the first battle engines were released and i still think it's a bad idea to go that big with game pieces.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Hra Mormo posted:

I'm not sure I care if Moola cares or not.

I'm not even sure I care about skulls, and I don't care if Moola cares that I don't care about skulls or not.

who cares?

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
not me :cool:

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

Bistromatic posted:

I stopped actively playing around the time the first battle engines were released and i still think it's a bad idea to go that big with game pieces.

The resin colossals were about £100 and when the plastics were announced I stupidly assume they would be reasonable prices. Sadly they weren't much different in price

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

Serotonin posted:

Yeah whatever Warmachine is or is not it's definitely not a game with generally cheaper mans than GW (though some of the most egregious gw poo poo like 5 dudes for 50 freedom moneys is a bit out of line). At best Warmachine could be lauded for having mans at a multitude of price points, if you want a man but not a lot of man you can just drop some pocket money on a solo or maybe a new caster and still have a new toy to play with. With GW the same pricepoint usually only covers supplies and some of the cheapest HQs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

why'd you post then?

check mate :cool:

• Locked thread