Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Libertine posted:

Klay strikes again from downtown. He's on fire.

Klay is in the AC system blowing smoke through the vent into the visitor's locker room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

BitterAvatar posted:

Is KD really that good that's he is just exhausting Lebron on both ends or is more about a lack of production from the Cavs, forcing Lebron to expend precious life force on the court?

Like every point Lebron scored in 1-2 qarter were contested driving layups. Mostly easy for him, but still draining. By the 3rd he was throwing up jumpers and not really driving any more.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

The big 3 for the Cavs is having to do a lot of work since everyone else picked the worst time to go cold.

TT averaged a double double last year. Jr Smith was good for 10 points a game. That production just hasn't been there yet.

It'll be interesting to see if the role players can pick up their energy at home.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

BitterAvatar posted:

Is KD really that good that's he is just exhausting Lebron on both ends or is more about a lack of production from the Cavs, forcing Lebron to expend precious life force on the court?

Despite being the best man-defender on the Cavs, they gave Lebron long stretches defending Barnes last year to keep his energy up, especially when GSW went small. This year they've had Shumpert and sometimes JR defend Durant (which is giving up points), and that still frequently means chasing around Klay. When Iggy was out there I think Lebron was able to catch a breather.

Basically, defending Durant is a lot of work and it gives you one less guy you can hide or rest players on on that side. Golden States offense can also shift around what their doing at the drop of a hat, so it yeah. I imagine it is really exhausting.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Here's a good off-season project for the thread:
https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/871778657043226624

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

E2M2 posted:

Recreational use just got passed last Nov. Not sure what that means for right now though.

it's legal to own up a small amount but there isnt anywhere you can buy it for recreational use yet. and then of course there's always the chance that the feds will bust you

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

zoux posted:

Whats the thing on twitter about his statue?

I can't figure this out either
near as I can find is a Jalen and Jacoby talking about the statue from December 2015?
http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=14377162
But even in that Jalen's just making jokes about how he should be an anonymous hand trying to stop Kobe from scoring and it goes immediately into 81 jokes

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
LeBron is Emerald Weapon but the Warriors are out here spamming Knights of the Round.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Michael Corleone posted:

This is the 'not about wins or losses' reason Lebron was talking about, gotta get high to forget the pain! Is CA medical only or full legal?

In between, full legal was passed but doesn't go into effect until 2018

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

i think the world somehow managed to underrate the Warriors, given that 3-1 and Steph going ghost are still relatively fresh in mind

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
That is dumb. The only ones underating them are salesmens on TV trying to sale a product, like ESPN talking heads.

Look at the vegas odds, the worse odds you can get is 5 game GSW win. A sweep was almost equal odds to a 6 game GSW win. Everyone knew, even idiot me.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/ayeshacurry/status/871549982645551109

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Carlosologist posted:

i think the world somehow managed to underrate the Warriors, given that 3-1 and Steph going ghost are still relatively fresh in mind

It's weird as heck.

Do people forget steph was hurt as hell last year and it took an injury to Bogut and a Draymond suspension for Warriors=Shook to happen? Genuinely curious.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Femur posted:

That is dumb. The only ones underating them are salesmens on TV trying to sale a product, like ESPN talking heads.

Look at the vegas odds, the worse odds you can get is 5 game GSW win. A sweep was almost equal odds to a 6 game GSW win. Everyone knew, even idiot me.

nah I understand that, but lots of people i've talked to thought this series was going to be closer. i almost wish it was but KD and Curry are too dominant together

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
How do you underrate a team that s predicted to sweep?

Unironic Warriors in 3?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Does anyone actually think Kevin Love did anything for the entire playoff series? Because I think people just remember the last 5 minutes of game 7 and forgot that every game was a blowout before then.

Love averaged 8.5 and 7 rebounds.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It's weird as heck.

Do people forget steph was hurt as hell last year and it took an injury to Bogut and a Draymond suspension for Warriors=Shook to happen? Genuinely curious.

stephs schrodinger injury, the lamest excuse

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
B-but he locked down an injured Steph Curry on one really important play in game 7.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
lmao like Steph wasn't the one screaming "I'M BACK I'M BACK" after like game 2 last year.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Tae posted:

Does anyone actually think Kevin Love did anything for the entire playoff series? Because I think people just remember the last 5 minutes of game 7 and forgot that every game was a blowout before then.

Love averaged 8.5 and 7 rebounds.

kevin love took a flying elbow to the base of his skull and was severly concussed. the warriors being dirty is rough times for a clean playing innocent boy like kevin love

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The fake Curry injury is the lamest thing to cling to for a team that is probably gonna win it's second title in three years.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
They just taking pages from all tyrants, rewriting history to glorify themselves.

Nothing to see here, bunch of losers

omg, is it possible we are even greater than we areee..??!!

if our dirty player didn't get caught, and our injure star that led us to 3-1 was actually injured, i mean it's really a threepeat if you look at it correctly.

Femur fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jun 5, 2017

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Dexo posted:

lmao like Steph wasn't the one screaming "I'M BACK I'M BACK" after like game 2 last year.

i feel like for basically every other athlete and certainly lebron a mild injury suffered like a month before that was only brought up when he whiffed shots would have been dismissed instead of just generally accepted.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

The fake Curry injury is the lamest thing to cling to for a team that is probably gonna win it's second title in three years.

Yeah it's sad to hear it

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I wasn't around but I assume the thread last year after game 2 looked about like this?

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Curry was healthy

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Literally the narrative now is Irving looking injured when he was doing badly until Ian Clark was on him

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

what? ive seen no one in this thread or anywhere i care about even hinting at a kyrie injury. stop inventing narratives in your hosed up brain

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

attackmole posted:

https://streamable.com/vekvo

rofl at how mad tony brothers looks.

this is the greatest and most appropriate thing I have ever seen

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Seriously. Everyone is loving hurt and dinged up at this point in the season.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

One big difference between last year and this year.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004

zoux posted:

I wasn't around but I assume the thread last year after game 2 looked about like this?

Nah it was way more hateful towards Cavs, Love needed benching, and Irving sucks, Lebron can't shoot, gmed/coached himself a dog team; fun times.

There's largely nothing like that this year, everyone knows there ain't anything that can be done. Nothing about Lebron at all, even as someone else is filling the stat sheets in ways he once did vs him.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Ghost Dog posted:

what? ive seen no one in this thread or anywhere i care about even hinting at a kyrie injury. stop inventing narratives in your hosed up brain

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/kyrie-irving-reportedly-dealing-with-knee-injury/ar-BBC00fV

I get that you're a homer but you're reaching Bashez levels of salt.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

idk how many times i have to tell you im not a cavs fan

a single report of an injury that no one else is reporting on isnt a narrative you dingus

also comparing me to bashez is a huge compliment thanks

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lebron had an efficient triple double by the third quarter last night and it was just like .... not even close to enough

Femur
Jan 10, 2004

euphronius posted:

Lebron had an efficient triple double by the third quarter last night and it was just like .... not even close to enough

Yeah, but there was once a point where such dominating statline didn't matter to the narrative. People have either stop hating lebron, or have stop caring. Either way, I would be worried if I were Lebron, nothing is worse than being forgotten.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Femur posted:

People have either stop hating lebron,

Nope. I'm enjoying every second of this.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

RCarr posted:

Nope. I'm enjoying every second of this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKj3Zwcy7ME

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So humble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

RCarr posted:

So humble

Bitch sit down.

• Locked thread