Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CIGNX
May 7, 2006

You can trust me

The first part is the exact same video me and Imperialist Dog just posted, with the sound synced to match the explosion. Looks like everyone is getting Chinar'd with this story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Atlas Hugged posted:

Yeah I don't keep track of the gender and parental status of every member of the forum so gently caress off with that bullshit when from context there was nothing related to any of that in either of our posts. I rejected the claim that kids are walking well before they're eating real food and still do.

It's semantics, you goof. Gratz, you've got a wide definition of "real food".

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

CIGNX posted:

The first part is the exact same video me and Imperialist Dog just posted, with the sound synced to match the explosion. Looks like everyone is getting Chinar'd with this story.

motherfuckers, i have been double deceived

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Mr. Fix It posted:

It's semantics, you goof. Gratz, you've got a wide definition of "real food".

I'm pretty sure the only thing with a wide definition here is "well before".

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
it depends what you mean by "real food". my kid started walking at around 11 months and was definitely eating bananas and yogurt and little pieces of hotdog and stuff before then, but he wasn't having like a huge steak with potatos and gravy. still isn't, actually.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

The Great Autismo! posted:

it depends what you mean by "real food". my kid started walking at around 11 months and was definitely eating bananas and yogurt and little pieces of hotdog and stuff before then, but he wasn't having like a huge steak with potatos and gravy. still isn't, actually.

Yes but was he eating hot pot

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

you should get him started on that, it's good for healthy

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Believe it.

This is Jeoh's son:

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I would say kids walk before they really feed themselves. My kid will stick snacks or bread in his mouth but I'm not giving him a fork and a knife yet. But before he was walking he could eat anything if we cut it small enough.

Isn't the context of this though that the grandparents wanted the kid to stay out of China before they were 1? Even if the kid is eating mashed up food, unless it's all prepackaged and imported it's locally grown and full of heavy metals regardless of what it looks like when the kid eats it.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Accretionist posted:

Believe it.

This is Jeoh's son:

did you assume my child's gender

Atlas Hugged posted:

I would say kids walk before they really feed themselves. My kid will stick snacks or bread in his mouth but I'm not giving him a fork and a knife yet. But before he was walking he could eat anything if we cut it small enough.

here's an idea: give your child two knives to kill your inlaws when they hit him again

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Fix It posted:

lol, peanut is a mother of two you dumb mansplainin' goon.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

webmeister posted:

Yes but was he eating hot pot

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible

i didnt read the article but if im in line at the counter talking at a clerk and they are just standing there deliberately playing with their phone pretending not to notice me I'm loving hitting them

"Sorry this line is closed, im not here right now! Im invisible, please leave!"

edit: people do it during really public confrontations on the street too. or in some of the videos where people bust into a hotel room to confront a guy and his mistress. People will be slapping or pulling the girl's hair and as soon as they stop and shout at her she'll pull out her phone and pretend like shes doing something useful/urgent on it

LentThem fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Jun 5, 2017

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Jeoh posted:

here's an idea: give your child two knives to kill your inlaws when they hit him again

Best advice in the thread. No one would convict a baby, except maybe Texas.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Atlas Hugged posted:

Best advice in the thread. No one would convict a baby, except maybe Texas.

baby might get a medal

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Any Australians here watching Four Corners? Looks like there might be some face loss tonight.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A bit of a close call. A mainland pilot almost flew into a mountain making a turn far to early and far to aggressively. Air control managed to get through to them.

https://www.hongkongfp.com/2017/06/05/air-china-flight-departing-hong-kong-veers-towards-mountains-ordered-correct-course/

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
LIVE FOOTAGE OF ATLAS HUGGED'S KID AFTER LISTENING TO GOON ADVICE

http://i.imgur.com/XgnHN9y.gifv

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
He even has the shaved head.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
I was walking across the street and notice I am going to crash with an old guy an e-bike if I keep pace, so I stopped to let him pass first. He sees my gesture, slows down to a snail's speed, and exaggeratedly looks me up and down. His eyes meet mine. This is it... A big, loud TSK and teeth-suck happens while making eye contact. He then speeds off as fast as he can.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Haier posted:

LIVE FOOTAGE OF ATLAS HUGGED'S KID AFTER LISTENING TO GOON ADVICE

[url][/url]

Kid was lucky that tyre didn't burst

Someone post the china gif of the guy slashing truck tyres. Orange lorry on beige tiles iirc

E:
Found it

simplefish fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jun 5, 2017

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
I'm really disappointed about the lack of harmony in this thread. As a mother of tree...

Hey, top lel if you guys really considered flattening that granny (3000 years irish history?). It goes like that, you ignore that poo poo and help her down the stairs, like a good son in law.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

simplefish posted:

E:
Found it
I love how it blows his shirt clean off.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Haier did you ever catch who was turning off your water on camera?

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

nickmeister posted:

Haier did you ever catch who was turning off your water on camera?
Those little kids. The landlord talked to the mom. It wasn't just me. They stopped screwing around.

I still want that spy camera.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Who was the goon that worked at a Chinese school and organized a Christmas party, only for the students' parents to tear down the decorations and steal everything that wasn't nailed down? That was awesome.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Atlas Hugged posted:

I'm absolutely not worried about hurt feelings,

Embrace your white culture and ice your wifes parents out of all contact with you your wife and your children. Or the other part of white culture find a hosed up nursing home and stick them in it to die.

jamoncorona
Apr 9, 2014

snergle posted:

Embrace your white culture and ice your wifes parents out of all contact with you your wife and your children. Or the other part of white culture find a hosed up nursing home and stick them in it to die.

He's in China and the thought of getting prescription-free insulin and a pair of tuberculin syringes has not crossed his mind. Tsk.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I am a mother of five children.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo
nvm

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Mods please ban little kid walking/eating discussion, and also hotpot discussion I guess.

Edit:

VideoTapir posted:

What about little kids eating hotpot?

Or eating little kids as hotpot?

No!

Devils Affricate fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jun 5, 2017

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
What about little kids eating hotpot?

Or eating little kids as hotpot?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Devils Affricate posted:

Mods please ban little kid walking/eating discussion, and also hotpot discussion I guess.

In this thread, on June 5th 2017, nothing was discussed.

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

webmeister posted:

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:

webmeister posted:

This is collective memory selection I can get behind

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

hong kong

victoria's peak

HK at dusk

coolin' off in HK park

then my fam went home and i went to Chengdu with a few other goons. i now believe HK to be the third best city in the world i have ever been to, only behind Edinburgh, Scotland and Kyoto, Japan. (the order of those two is immaterial and i change from time to time on which is 1 and which is 2.)

"is it a panda?" "yes, a panda" literally what we heard about 450 times this morning

"psst kid, wanna buy some drugs?"

we ate hot pot, lol

we also had tibetan food, which was yak milk tea, yak bread and yak. it was yak. we ate and drank yak. it was loving delicious.

now i'm back in the northeastern countryside

those are my pictures, thanks for looking

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
also all the HK goons and the Chengdu goons were really cool and nice IRL and knew really awesome places to get food and drinks and helped with recommendations on things to do during the day and stuff, so if you're ever in any of those places make sure you ask for advice because they were knowledgable and super helpful

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

hong kong

victoria's peak

HK at dusk

coolin' off in HK park

then my fam went home and i went to Chengdu with a few other goons. i now believe HK to be the third best city in the world i have ever been to, only behind Edinburgh, Scotland and Kyoto, Japan. (the order of those two is immaterial and i change from time to time on which is 1 and which is 2.)

"is it a panda?" "yes, a panda" literally what we heard about 450 times this morning

"psst kid, wanna buy some drugs?"

we ate hot pot, lol

we also had tibetan food, which was yak milk tea, yak bread and yak. it was yak. we ate and drank yak. it was loving delicious.

now i'm back in the northeastern countryside

those are my pictures, thanks for looking

It was a super fun trip.

Now I need to eat salad for a week

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Who was the goon that worked at a Chinese school and organized a Christmas party, only for the students' parents to tear down the decorations and steal everything that wasn't nailed down? That was awesome.
That was me, because I posted it from reddit.

I saw this on Instagram yesterday. I opened the comments, and it was about 99% Chinese language, arguing about it or Taiwan or whatever. Some guy was posting lists of websites and things banned in China. Other things were English swear words mixed in with Chinese sentences.

We've been having some beauty of a weather lately, so I am glad you got to experience Hong Kong before it disappears forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I miss HK.

I had dim sum at a decent local place here in the states for Tiananmen Square Day but its never the same.

• Locked thread