Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Well that sucks. Thanks for the answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

thats apparently the s.o.p. in japan

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Yeah Stardom world is exactly the same way.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Johnny Landmine posted:

Yeah Stardom world is exactly the same way.

Stardom has a streaming service too?!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

Yep, I'm pretty sure it's even cheaper

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

thats apparently the s.o.p. in japan

It's getting better but it's entirely within the "JAPAN!!! :argh:" realm that so many foreigners deal with on a daily basis.

At least you don't have to fax your request in.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

SLUM KING posted:

Please go to Japan. You will have a great time.

Thirded. I miss the weird gabber parties in even weirder clubs three levels below ground.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

SalTheBard posted:

Visit stardom-world.com for all your watching Kairi Hojo lose at paper-scissors-rock while dressed as Arale from Dr. Slump needs.

One could be forgiven for assuming their entire English site is the work of a particularly ambitious high schooler but it's worth the 750 a month.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The latest Kairi Hojo/Toni Storm match is well worth a month's sub imo for Stardom. Then you'll discover Kris Wolf promos and stay for life.

Their roster is super thin but bolstered by a rotating array of gaijin so there's always fresh matches. Or if you wanna watch two tiny japanese women hit each other full force, they got you covered for that as well.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

coconono posted:

The latest Kairi Hojo/Toni Storm match is well worth a month's sub imo for Stardom. Then you'll discover Kris Wolf promos and stay for life.

Their roster is super thin but bolstered by a rotating array of gaijin so there's always fresh matches. Or if you wanna watch two tiny japanese women hit each other full force, they got you covered for that as well.
There's a lot of good matches from Shirai and Meiko as well but Kris Wolf is a gem and it's too bad she didn't start until she was 30

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Kris Wolf also gets points for being pretty much the only Stardom foreigner who can show up alongside the Japanese women without the room suddenly turning super awkward because neither side knows how to interact with the other.

I mean, it's awkward too, but it's the good, deliberate kind of awkward where she can nail the comedic timing of telling Kagetsu not to worry too hard about what "lady times" means. Kris Wolf and Oedo Tai are treasures.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i did not know that stardom had a service or was that cheap, putting in a sub now.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Spermgod posted:

it's clear from looking at the cards that Hiromu/Ospreay and Volador/KUSHIDA are the matches to decide who advances. KUSHIDA over Ospreay in the final is my guess.

may ninth baby

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

Raeg posted:

Hah! Hello gaijin row friend! I found it hilarious how they decided to do ticket distribution that was basically "gently caress it, toss all the foreigners together, they'll like that". I mean those seats were pretty cool for the Rumble entrances and the post match walk outs but they were a little far back. I also was part of the Great Cody Rhodes Pissbreak Line of '16.

This guide is perfect, can't think of much more to add to it other than I loved the experience so much I'm likely going back for the next WK show because it was just an awesome experience all around, plus I just love Tokyo as a city. As J-Ru said, there's just so much to do and see in the city, so I never actually got out. Might try and doing a bit more exploring this time around, I've previously been to Osaka and that was a great time too.

Edit: Oh, Pocket Wifi is something I will say, I've used Sakura https://www.sakuramobile.jp/mobile-router/ on my 3 visits to Japan and it gets delivered straight to my hotel. The first time I'd forgot and booked after I arrived and it was in the hotel lobby by lunchtime. They also run promotions quite often for extra data. It was like having LTE wherever I went and slid in easy to my inside jacket pocket, I was really satisfied with the service and the combination of that and really great Google Maps in Japan meant I managed to find the original Ribera Steakhouse pretty easily. You too could dine with a signed photo of Chris Benoit staring down upon you!

Oh hey thanks! I loved everyone in that gaijin row, except for the guy who sat next to me but left cuz he was clearly disgusted by how loud and rowdy we got.

Actually, no, I love that guy too cuz I got to sprawl out over two seats for most of the show. Gonna make a resolution to get even louder at wrestling shows.

I love KUSHIDA but Hiromu should never lose. I wish he'd gone unpinned throughout the tournament. I wish Liger had made it to the finals. I had more fun watching Liger than anyone else. I remember Big Dave making a comment on WOR about the wrestlers trying to see who can have the best match with Taichi, which is the funniest thing and I hope this was a real deal competition. I also think Liger fuckin' won that. Liger or TAKA. TAKA's match with Dragon Lee also had the best near COR spot I've seen in years.

I hope KUSHIDA loses in 30 seconds next week cuz he's so good he can survive it and also cuz he didn't let me touch the Jr belt when I took a photo with him. I'll forever hold that against him, even though it was probably justified cuz I was really sloshed.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

SLUM KING posted:

TAKA's match with Dragon Lee also had the best near COR spot I've seen in years.

You mean the one where he gets that crossface on the floor, gets the ref counting, then runs back in the ring trying to induce a countout? It's real good. There's another version of that spot in the Ospreay match where TAKA leaves earlier and leaves Ospreay more time but he still has to full on sprint to slide back into the ring right before the 20 count. TAKA stands right where Ospreay slides in such that TAKA grabs the exact same hold as Ospreay is sliding by. The front end of the spot is a little worse than the Dragon Lee version, but that slide into the hold is awesome, better than the DL version where TAKA just walks over and reapplies to Dragon Lee laying on his face after he's back in and motionless.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I wouldn't be sad if Hirmou loses cause his reign has been so good and he's clearly the number 2 star now in LIJ, but at the same time watching Kushida I keep thinking they should move him up to heavyweight. I think given enough of a push he could easily fill the space left by Shibata getting hurt

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

let the juniors be juniors

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Agreed, I don't like the idea of weight classes being a ranking of how important you are in the company. It's not WWE.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Agreed, I don't like the idea of weight classes being a ranking of how important you are in the company. It's not WWE.

they are though and always have been

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Spermgod posted:

they are though and always have been

Yeah this is New Japan not Oklahoma in the 60s.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

just because they always have been doesnt mean they always must be

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
wight classes are bad. I don't like them

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
i want lance archer: junior heavyweight

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bard Maddox posted:

wight classes are bad. I don't like them

I'm pretty sure Teacher Big Show is trying his best

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Being a junior heavyweight is just a state of mind anyway. Believe it and you can achieve it (350 lbs).

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The only weight classes are heavyweight and super heavyweight.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Juniors are going fourth from the top at Dominion a week after the BosJ, apparently the program is less important than Suzuki/Goto. Business as usual.

Hell they can't even main event most of the shows on their own tour.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

juniors are good cram it

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Super No Vacancy posted:

juniors are good cram it

They deserve better especially with Hiromu on top :(

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Super No Vacancy posted:

juniors are good cram it

gently caress you

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

also optimally just end weight classes but that's not happening

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

There should more competition for the Openweight title amongst the juniors, I think, if we want the "Openweight" part to mean anything. It's mostly been the "tough guys with headbutts and slapping (more than normal)" division, though.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Tonfa posted:

also optimally just end weight classes but that's not happening

optimally banish all weight class haters to the wwe discussion thread

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

just rust posted:

There should more competition for the Openweight title amongst the juniors, I think, if we want the "Openweight" part to mean anything. It's mostly been the "tough guys with headbutts and slapping (more than normal)" division, though.

this is why you kill the ic belt or unify it with the never title. then you have a singles belt and a team belt for each weight class plus the openweight ones. and whatever floating roh/revpro/cmll belts you wanna toss in for a program

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Has this been posted yet? Even if so, why not look at it again :grin:

https://twitter.com/TEKKEN/status/870703190047563776

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

this is why you kill the ic belt or unify it with the never title. then you have a singles belt and a team belt for each weight class plus the openweight ones. and whatever floating roh/revpro/cmll belts you wanna toss in for a program

Why kill either belt when they are both over? The IC belt and the Never Title both have been the focus of great feuds that dominate the top half of the card. If belts can have prestige, they do at this point. It would be like killing the WWF IC title in the middle of Savages run with the belt. The belts that need to go, if any need to go, are the ones that the company cant find anything interesting to do with. That means the Light Heavyweight Tag belts basically. Maybe by folding those teams into the tag division proper the regular belts will mean something, but then again, maybe that would just mean less booking for the lighter tag guys. If they give a ready made reason for some guys to be fighting, and all of them do in current New Japan, than they really aren't a waste at all.

New Japans problem is not their belts. It's that they pack their 5 hour shows with 7 hours or more worth of talent and that means some guys get wasted a little bit. That is not a bad problem to have from a viewer standpoint.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

dominion looks extremely cool and good, too bad I'm on vacation and lol at the roaming charges

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

just rust posted:

its a good division brent

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The belts are good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

if naito kills the belt he will only be more over, and then they can run some main event stories that arent just about a belt. also it doesnt make any sense to have two world heavyweight champions. its stupid mcmahon poo poo. you can only have one champion per weight class, which is achieved by smashing the ic title to bits. and its unfair to fold the junior heavyweight teams into the tag division because they will be squished like bug. if youre going to have weight divisions (good) then HAVE THEM and dont scapegoat them for gedo's lack of attention to guys

• Locked thread