Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Welp, pulled the trigger on the box set. I play Death Guard so yay, having the Primaris marines will be great for introducing friends to the game, and as models never lose value I can always sell them later if I decide this poo poo still sucks or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

General Olloth posted:

The lychguard were easily my most effective unit. With two wounds, a 3+ invuln, and reinanimation protocols, a full 10 of those guys will not die. I lost one, and then got it back from reanimation.

Lychguard have a 4+ invul with their shields.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

Lychguard have a 4+ invul with their shields.

Oops. They actually didn't get hit with any AP though I don't think, just some melee from a rhino and some plague marines. He shot the praetorians first.

They are still super tough.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Geoff Zahn posted:

Welp, pulled the trigger on the box set. I play Death Guard so yay, having the Primaris marines will be great for introducing friends to the game, and as models never lose value I can always sell them later if I decide this poo poo still sucks or something.

Bring back the gold standard, but make it space marines

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Fallout but they use bitz instead of bottlecaps

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
I'll trade ya 14 beaky helmets for that stimpack

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Sorry, beakie helmets aren't worth enough for us to take anymore. The lowest denomination we accept is MK 7

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
What sized drill bits do I need for drilling Space Marine barrels?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

mango sentinel posted:

What sized drill bits do I need for drilling Space Marine barrels?

I use a 1mm drill at least. Works really well for drilling through the sides and then the main barrel but you could probably move up to a 1.5mm for that even.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Irate Tree posted:

I believe he sits on a 30 - 40mm base, standing a little taller than a kabalite.

Thanks!

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
I preordered the rulebook from my local game shop, may as well have something new to read while I'm on the can.

If you're on the East coast and spot a Nurgle Demon army lead by a giant Homer Simpson figure with three eyeballs, let me know. The box they were packed in is empty, my deranged ex-fiancee might have thrown them in the street. :coal:

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Where the poo poo is Broken Loose?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
BROKEN LOOSE, BROKEN LOOSE, BROKEN LOOSE!

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Seriously, in this edition Nids are seemingly both good and cool, and are rumoured to get one of the first new full codexes.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

TKIY posted:

Seriously, in this edition Nids are seemingly both good and cool, and are rumoured to get one of the first new full codexes.

Historically this has been a bad thing, fwiw

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Ignite Memories posted:

Historically this has been a bad thing, fwiw

Yeah but ideally with the addition of regular rules updates based on community feedback, it'll no longer be a death sentence

e: Though I worry that the only avenue they're leaving for balancing units will be "points costs"... have AoS units changed in any other way post-release?

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

TKIY posted:

This is news to me, source for this?

Looking forward to the horrible new background material and new monstrous creatures instead of plastic models for things that really need it.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

Soulfucker posted:

Looking forward to the horrible new background material and new monstrous creatures instead of plastic models for things that really need it.

So now in 8th edition, we find out that the tyranids were genetically engineered by... *rolls a D6* ...the AdMech, working in conjunction with... *rolls another D6* ...T'au, to make an anti... *rolls a D6 again* ...Sisters of Battle bio-weapon.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Endman posted:

I would unironically love a race of space frogs to join my Guard as abhuman auxiliaries.

RT Era 40k has you covered:

Die-Hard minis produce the Eru-Kin (not sure if they're in general production yet) which are a modern equivalent: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/diehardminiatures/diehard-miniatures-eru-kin-expansion

Zaphod42 posted:

For battle-forged, everybody has to share some keyword.

Technically Battle Forged just means you have to use the detachments and get command points. As long as each detachment has only a single faction you can include what you like e.g. BuffChix's single Thunderwolf alongside GSC (using the auxillary detachment for -1CP).

Matched Play forces you to be Battle Forged but also adds restrictions on reserves, reinforcement points, psychic powers, etc.

I suspect local opponents will agree to go Battle Forged without using the full Matched Play set up so long as the army is fluffy and/or cool.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Zark the Damned posted:

Matched Play forces you to be Battle Forged but also adds restrictions on reserves, reinforcement points, psychic powers, etc.

I suspect local opponents will agree to go Battle Forged without using the full Matched Play set up so long as the army is fluffy and/or cool.

Matched play also additionally forces you to be a single shared keyword, even across detachments. (Although I think you understand this, based on your second sentence)

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Geoff Zahn posted:

So now in 8th edition, we find out that the tyranids were genetically engineered by... *rolls a D6* ...the AdMech, working in conjunction with... *rolls another D6* ...T'au, to make an anti... *rolls a D6 again* ...Sisters of Battle bio-weapon.

Sounds like some sweet tech-heresy. I like it- you're hired.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Soulfucker posted:

Yeah last anyone really heard was that this year it's Primaris, Deathguard and AdMech. And I imagine Orks sometime next year so they can release truescale Orks units to match the size they are in The Beast Arises.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I read that after the obvious ones (starter set armies so DG and SM/Primaris) the armies that didn't get a proper 7th edition Codex were up next and that's mainly Orks and Nids.

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery
Forums poster Pendent and I are going to play a game in about an hour or so. The plan is to take some pictures and write up how it goes! In the meantime, here is a picture of my Space Bees (ft. Cataphractii Captain Suas)

Edit: slowly repairing secondhand models is hard and also slow

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Guard didn't get a 7th codex either.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

TKIY posted:

I read that after the obvious ones (starter set armies so DG and SM/Primaris) the armies that didn't get a proper 7th edition Codex were up next and that's mainly Orks and Nids.

Looking at the list Orks are the first 7th ed codex?

It would be Tyranids, Eldar, and IG/AM I think.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

TKIY posted:

Where the poo poo is Broken Loose?

I think hes been banned from posting in warhammer threads since he likened buying GW products to raping a tramp and setting them on fire

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Moola posted:

I think hes been banned from posting in warhammer threads since he likened buying GW products to raping a tramp and setting them on fire

Who hasn't done this?

Also - It occurs to me that I have a reason to go get just a poo poo ton of 40mm bases and gather all the thrown-in rippers that come with pretty much every Tyranid box and make a god awful pile of rippers.

33pts gets you 3 bases, so 9 wounds worth which makes them less than 4 points a wound. They have utterly poo poo stats but get to deep strike. They can't be ignored because they can still tie up shooters and for 200pts you can throw 18 bases all over the table at the end of your first movement phase. They are going to die, but 200pts of them will eat up at least 6 units of enemy shooting for a turn, and can get a 5+ in cover which gives them some sort of durability.

They need synapse, that's the only flaw, but you have Trygons and Winged Tyrants for that.

If they get ignored, snug them up behind the units your big gribblies are charging, and prevent retreats.

TKIY fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jun 5, 2017

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Moola posted:

:staredog:

Theres plenty of companies that aren't GW these days, why do people still get so mad.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Artum posted:

Theres plenty of companies that aren't GW these days, why do people still get so mad.
You should go ask the Death Thread. :v:

Don't.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Artum posted:

GW drove him mad from years of Tyranid abuse

Safety Factor posted:

Don't.

its a fun place to post Id recommend it

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Safety Factor posted:

Don't.

Like I got being mad at GW before when they just kind of smothered everything else by virtue of being there and being biggest, but thats not been the case for a long time so why bother.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Still not gonna use Magnus though because gently caress Magnus.

Correct.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

So would the Forgeworld's status of "coming soon" mean they're probably waiting on stock returning arriving from a printer?

In just trying to get some sort of idea when the I:AM book will be available.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Threw that Imperial Bunker and the AdMech books/Data Cards up on eBay. Buy my poo poo here.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

So I haven't touched warhams since Battle for Macragge, which was like 4th ed? And even then it was mostly just playing skirmishes with my brothers and our weird kid interpretations of the rules. A friend of mine is trying to get me back into the game now that 8th ed is coming out. How are Eldar looking for it? They've always been my favourite.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
Got to handle the dark imperium models at the flgs today and drat they are nice. The Bigmars are yuge. With some really nice details (but not too many) and cool armor variations. The quality of the plastic is really top-notch.

Also got to page through the indices and they seem fine (I was too lazy to squint at leak pictures).

Pre-ordered a starter box already and doing a swap with another dude at the shop so I'll have 100 PP/~2k pts of Biglies, which should make for a nice starter army.

We're even doing a midnight release after our weekly SW:A campaign session. I am stupidly pumped for this awful nerd hobby.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007
Something a bit stupid. There are 3 wargear options on necrons melee weapons list that HQs can pick from. Two of them are Melee/Melee/User/AP-3/1D no ability. One is 3 points and one is 6 points.

OK then.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I think the idea is that the Rod and Voidblade/Caster cost the same for Praetorians, but didn't think about Lords taking them. It should just say "take a warscythe you chump" anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
I magnetized my wraithlord this morning and spilled ca all over my underwear (no I wasn't wearing pants) and drat near glued my dick to my leg. Thank god there was nail polish remover handy because without acetone this would have been a terrible day.

• Locked thread