Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

E3 Hype Week has already started with some announcements/pre-announcements

Capcom announced Mega Man Legacy Collection 2, which collects Mega Man 7 through Mega Man 10. So yes, FINALLY, MM9 and MM10 are on PC after being console-only forever.

Nintendo announced a Pokemon Direct that will air tomorrow and probably announce the third game in the Sun/Moon setting. Most likely for 3DS, not for Switch

Here's an E3 Trailer for some sort of Pikmin inspired co-op game?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3xioH_a1cA

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jun 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Quest For Glory II posted:

E3 Hype Week has already started with some announcements/pre-announcements

Capcom announced Mega Man Legacy Collection 2, which collects Mega Man 7 through Mega Man 10. So yes, FINALLY, MM9 and MM10 are on PC after being console-only forever.

Nintendo announced a Pokemon Direct that will air tomorrow and probably announce the third game in the Sun/Moon setting. Most likely for 3DS, not for Switch

HYpe!!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Don't expect a surprise BC announcement from Sony anytime soon.

quote:

Another concern occasionally raised by PlayStation devotees involves the company's once-ubiquitous PlayStation 2. While Sony has in recent years devoted resources to bringing a handful of popular older titles to the PlayStation 4, the better part of that library is lost to time. For now, it seems that's where it'll remain. "When we've dabbled with backwards compatibility, I can say it is one of those features that is much requested, but not actually used much," says Ryan. "That, and I was at a Gran Turismo event recently where they had PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4 games, and the PS1 and the PS2 games, they looked ancient, like why would anybody play this?"

http://time.com/4804768/playstation-4-ps4-pro-psvr-sales/

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Remember the cute nervous guy who could barely stutter out his introduction to the 2D yarn platformer thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvazMS76FS4&t=22s

E3 memories.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Phantasium posted:

What a stupid rear end thing to say.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I have my God Hand disk in my pc drive at home right now to play with the comfort of a ds4.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I know, Sony is absolutely announcing a new Blast Corps game it's a done deal.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Phantasium posted:

poo poo like this is why people like frank cifaldi are necessary

someone should ask jim if it's okay to pirate PS1/PS2 games then, since according to him they're worthless!!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Phantasium posted:

We'll get bc in like 2052 when ms finally has a console more popular than playstation.

Its definitely something that keeps core gamers happy and pads weak lineups of new games but i could see how it doesnt matter to a company poised to sell a jillion destiny 2 bundle systems in 3 months.

A couple bc games like blops2 managed to chart this year but hes probably right that thats an exception that doesnt make a business case for investing in bc tech as long as the system is popular without it.

Tldr: smash capitalism

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

they just don't want to have to emulate the cell

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Does the PS4 even have the hardware to read the compact disc format?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Devolver's press conference is part of this Twitch event:

quote:

"The First Ever Second Pre Pre Show" is an all-night, high-energy E3 celebration of gaming culture, indie devs, comedy and film. We're kicking off with the "Devolver Digital: Mega Press Conference!" world premiere and staying up late with gameplay exclusives from Raw Fury Games, SEGA, Adult Swim, and more! Don't miss a very special Mutant Cop Movie Double Feature screening of "Sgt. Kabukiman NYPD" from Troma Entertainment and CineCoup's "Wolf Cop" with presentations and commentary from the creators. Special appearances by Everything is Terrible with a "Choose Your Own Adventure" experience, and TV CARNAGE with never-before-seen footage will keep you thinking "What?" and "This is amazing!". Musical guests include Death from Above 1979, Mystery Skulls, and a performance from legendary music producer Daedelus, PLUS a world's first premiere exclusive music video from WAVVES! Hosted by Jon Carnage, HelloKellyLink, Ezekiel III, IIJerichoII , DonFubar and FuturemanGaming with surprise celebrity appearances and benevolent spirit visitors.

It'll be June 11th at 10 PM PT (or June 12th at 1 AM ET for East Coasters)

Since they're an indie publisher it makes sense not to be in a primetime spot. these guys publish Broforce, not Assassin's Creed, after all

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Why would Sony ever go out of their way to do backwards compatibility when you can release $20 HD remasters that people don't mind paying for again and end up looking better + include more features than the original titles?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

exquisite tea posted:

Why would Sony ever go out of their way to do backwards compatibility when you can release $20 HD remasters that people don't mind paying for again and end up looking better + include more features than the original titles?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sony CEO confirms their conference this year will be a "software showcase" like last year's, jokes that we'll see him talk for maybe "90 seconds."

also something about having big japanese games or something i dunno they say that every year

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Trailer showcases with no talking ftw

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
89 seconds into his speech he is interrupted when a 12 foot tall Crash Bandicoot comes tearing through the auditorium walls.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Phantasium posted:

they just don't want to have to emulate the cell

I can't wait until the next Metal Gear Anthology comes out with every game in the series but MGS4 because there's nobody left at Konami who knows how they ever got the game to run in the first place.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

At WWDC, Monument Valley 2 was announced, the first was a pretty cool game although it was short.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I can't wait until the next Metal Gear Anthology comes out with every game in the series but MGS4 because there's nobody left at Konami who knows how they ever got the game to run in the first place.

They'll just package the cutscenes together since that was about 85% of the game anyways.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'd be perfectly fine with pretending MGS4 never loving happened and the game series ended with MGS2, as it should have.

Konami should, however, absolutely make an effort to put MGS 1/2/3 on all platforms

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Announce Pepsi Man HD Remaster, RIP Microsoft

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

DLC Inc posted:

I'd be perfectly fine with pretending MGS4 never loving happened and the game series ended with MGS2, as it should have.

Then we'd've never gotten MGS3, and that's an essential part of the series, like, possibly moreso than MGS1 and 2 were.

Also MGS4 is not a bad game and after MGS5 it's gotten much better in retrospect. Like at least it has an ending.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Any MGS fan who doesn't love mt. Snakemore is no friend of mine

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Liquid Ocelot punking Snake in Shadow Moses and running away while laughing and pointing at him right after that epic Metal Gear battle is still one of my favorite moments in the series. He's just so happy to be running away from Snake!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Policenaut posted:

Liquid Ocelot punking Snake in Shadow Moses and running away while laughing and pointing at him right after that epic Metal Gear battle is still one of my favorite moments in the series. He's just so happy to be running away from Snake!

Agreed, that was probably my favorite moment. With all the melodrama it was great seeing someone who was just having fun with the whole thing.

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Sounds perfect. Can't wait to see Spiderman

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Tim Whatley posted:

Announce Pepsi Man HD Remaster, RIP Microsoft

An Endless Runner starring Pepsiman, Mr. Domino, and Crash Bandicoot.

Name the next system after me Sony cause I just saved gaming.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Quest For Glory II posted:

At WWDC, Monument Valley 2 was announced, the first was a pretty cool game although it was short.

They also announced a hard push for VR and AR support, though I'm not sure where they expect it to go when none of their computers have HDMI ports.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Then we'd've never gotten MGS3, and that's an essential part of the series, like, possibly moreso than MGS1 and 2 were.

Also MGS4 is not a bad game and after MGS5 it's gotten much better in retrospect. Like at least it has an ending.

"at least it has an ending" is the worst possible complaint to levy MGS4 versus MGS5, especially when MGS4 had the loving balls to ask you, the player, to feel bad for Vamp

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

haveblue posted:

They also announced a hard push for VR and AR support, though I'm not sure where they expect it to go when none of their computers have HDMI ports.

DONGLES, my friend, DONGLES.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

DLC Inc posted:

"at least it has an ending" is the worst possible complaint to levy MGS4 versus MGS5, especially when MGS4 had the loving balls to ask you, the player, to feel bad for Vamp

Yeah, every death in that game is treated like the most melodramatically saddest thing that's ever happened, up to and including the mastermind behind everything going to poo poo in the world costing millions of lives and turning the world's economy into one based on wars, oh but feel sad that he's dying, please.

But on the other hand, Meryl marries the guy who shits himself every game as a joke, which is hilarious.

Sweetgrass
Jan 13, 2008

Give us a Dragon Quest 11 release date for the west and announce that you're releasing the DQ8 remaster on the ps4 you fuckers :argh:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm fine not seeing upscaled 3DS graphics to be honest

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm fine not seeing upscaled 3DS graphics to be honest

It was a PS2 game originally you know, right? Hell, its sequel was a regular DS game.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

FunkMonkey posted:

Agreed, that was probably my favorite moment. With all the melodrama it was great seeing someone who was just having fun with the whole thing.

Which making him as boring as he was in MGS5 all the more shameful.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Heran Bago posted:

Remember the cute nervous guy who could barely stutter out his introduction to the 2D yarn platformer thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvazMS76FS4&t=22s

E3 memories.

guy is cool asf

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

Does this logic apply for PS4 to PS5 compatability?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

No, those rereleases will be $40.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Ps4 is build in a way that you might want to iterate on it unlike ps3

• Locked thread