Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Snooze Cruise posted:

HH has evolved significantly, but not in a way I think would actually get new people on board. Like a lot of what is funny about the show now is kinda how it plays with comedy concepts in a way that could probably be pretty off putting to people I am guessing.

Too true, It's just too complex for the layman to find the humor in it. You guys must just be on another level.

Hold on, let me do it.... hmmm, speak on that!

Did I figure it out? I'm just a dummy who doesn't get jokes :jerkbag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

ElCondemn posted:

Too true, It's just too complex for the layman to find the humor in it. You guys must just be on another level.

Speak on that

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
nice meltdown with jonah and kumail

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

they don't even say speak on that anymore

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Help Im Alive posted:

they don't even say speak on that anymore
bye

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

I'm a horny girl wolf ow ow awoooooo

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

cams posted:

haha you have a grudge against a podcast and the people who like it hahahaha

I mean, if somebody didn't like HH two years ago, they're probably not going to like it with another two years of inside jokes.

I don't even like it all that much anymore and I've listened to every episode. At least you could explain it to a new listener in its original concept.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Hollywood Handbook was, is, and shall remain a podcast about two self-important idiots playing at being Hollywood insiders and who also may be 11 year olds.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

ElCondemn posted:

i only get it because i went to Work Friend Keven's comedy classes

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

JethroMcB posted:

It was funny because it put guests who weren't sure what to expect from the show on guard, but it did run its course.

That said I hope they never stop occasionally bungling names and turns of phrase (I can only think of a certain action star as "Dwayne-Rock Johnson" now.)

Who

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Hollywood Handbook is good :shrug:

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

GobiasIndustries posted:

Hollywood Handbook is good :shrug:

Seems unlikely.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

people reacting with defensive hostility at not getting the premise of the show is why hollywood handbook is the best podcast literally every week it comes out

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

ElCondemn posted:

Seems unlikely.

fuuuck this ultra ownage is really good. Wow!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

ElCondemn posted:

Seems unlikely.

I enjoy it :shrug:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

ElCondemn posted:

everyone tag yourselves

im the meltdown

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i am the jokes

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

John Cena

Koholint
Jan 1, 2010

~Neck Angels~
I like listening to the podcast it makes me smile and laugh.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

cams posted:

people reacting with defensive hostility at not getting the premise of the show is why hollywood handbook is the best podcast literally every week it comes out

What's to get? It's an insider's guide to kicking butt and dropping names in the red carpet lined back hallways of this industry we call .... sharkbites.

Cloks fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jun 6, 2017

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012
Isn't it dropping names?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

also the last word is "sharkbites"

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

cams posted:

Yea

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
Hollywood Handbook spinoff in the works.

http://mailchi.mp/howl/announcing-stitcher-premium?e=a462fca3dc

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Featuring Bang Rodgeman

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I don't know why Howl is still a thing. Just switch everyone over to Stitcher Premium and be done with it.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Maybe grease knows eggs is finally getting picked up

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

"The Boys"

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

ElCondemn posted:

got 'em

ElCondemn posted:

Speak on that

GOT 'EM!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
And isn't that interesting?

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Question for everyone who doesn't like U2 (which seems to be 99% of this podcast's listeners except me): Do you tune out and half-listen in the last 30 minutes of each ep when they actually get super in-depth and nerdy about each album/concert song-by-song?

Also, has anyone actually gotten into U2 through this podcast a la Adam Scott unironically saying bro?
We do that thing that Naomi and Kulap does and giggle and laugh at them for genuinely enjoying themselves

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Zsinjeh posted:

We do that thing that Naomi and Kulap does and giggle and laugh at them for genuinely enjoying themselves

If anything learning about MacPhisto has turned my disinterest in U2 into a statement, and it makes their un-ironic love of U2 even better to me.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Speak on that

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Uh-huh... Oh wow...

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Another week, another great episode of Hollywood Handbook :colbert:

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

GobiasIndustries posted:

I don't know why Howl is still a thing. Just switch everyone over to Stitcher Premium and be done with it.

I got an email yesterday the transition is starting soon.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

ManoliIsFat posted:

I got an email yesterday the transition is starting soon.

I got the same email but they said it was an optional switch and you can still use Howl if you want. Like....why?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Do you lose all the stand up albums if you switch??

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So I finally started watch Bajillion. Barely got through the first 5 episodes. I'm not sure I can keep going. How can so many incredibly talented and funny people make a show so shockingly unfunny. I desperately want to like it, but it's just completely devoid of laughs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

ArtVandelay posted:

So I finally started watch Bajillion. Barely got through the first 5 episodes. I'm not sure I can keep going. How can so many incredibly talented and funny people make a show so shockingly unfunny. I desperately want to like it, but it's just completely devoid of laughs.

I think comedians must watch and enjoy reality TV, to normal people a fake reality TV show is no different than a "real" reality TV show.