Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toad King
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I'm the best

Dizz posted:

toad with a glock

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I'd be down with a PS4 MonHun that sounds a lot like Dark Souls because I'm a huge sucker for anything MonHun but... there's already like a dozen Souls games...

Either way gimme a Monster Hunter on Switch and PS4 and I'll buy and play the hell out of both of them shits

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|
I will check out all MonHun

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Outside of not running frostbite there are just a bunch of no nothing nerds spreading their opinions on what the game will be

Because of incompatibilities, we already knew frostbite wouldn't be used

But Frostbite isn't the only thing missing though? The disclaimer also mentions that FIFA's Journey story mode is only going to be for PC/PS4/XB1 and I don't think that qualifies as nerds spreading opinions around.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Does that mean the Monster Hunter movie won't be set in the fantasy world of the Monster Hunter games?

That is such bullshit

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Guy Goodbody posted:

Does that mean the Monster Hunter movie won't be set in the fantasy world of the Monster Hunter games?

That is such bullshit

Sorry to break this to you! It's a Paul W.S. Anderson movie about an Average Joe who gets sucked into Monster Hunter World and has to save the day when Rathalos crosses the barrier and attacks an airport.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

deadly_pudding posted:

Sorry to break this to you! It's a Paul W.S. Anderson movie about an Average Joe who gets sucked into Monster Hunter World and has to save the day when Rathalos crosses the barrier and attacks an airport.

Dear reader, if you, like me, thought this was a joke, it's not.

If Milla's in it, I'll go.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Kashuno posted:

How hilarious would it be if PS4 gets the trash movie spin-off and the Switch keeps the mainstream goodness

Or Capcom thinks a streamlined PS4 version of Monster Hunter is the future while the old school Switch version will hold fans over until Ninja Theory gives them the Shakespearean experience they deserve.

Guy Goodbody posted:

That is such bullshit

The whole idea reminds me of a Korean movie called D-War.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It looks like at least some part of the movie will take place in the Monster Hunter world. Presumably, there will be Felynes.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

But is it the start of a Monster Hunter Cinematic Universe?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

A realistic Monster Hunter movie sounds awful. I could already see the blue/orange poster in my mind.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

if they work a SSSOOOOO TASTY! Into the movie I'll watch it

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Does Pokemon on Switch mean 700 new amiibo?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Gotta catch em all

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Zelder posted:

if they work a SSSOOOOO TASTY! Into the movie I'll watch it

:same:

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Does Pokemon on Switch mean 700 new amiibo?

Plus retailer exclusive shiny variants.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
im sure in this eight minute nintendo direct they'll talk about how pokemon sun/moon is coming to the switch

wont just be like a new, better pokemon rumble or a new pokemon rangers.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Modus Pwnens posted:

Blind boxed amiibo.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Modus Pwnens posted:

Holy poo poo I would actually buy a couple shiny pokemon amiibo (but not the ones they'd actually make and sell)

spit on my clit posted:

im sure in this eight minute nintendo direct they'll talk about how pokemon sun/moon is coming to the switch

wont just be like a new, better pokemon rumble or a new pokemon rangers.
Pokemon Rumble Switch would be a day 1 purchase for me I love those drat shovelware games.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Pokemon Rumble Switch would be a day 1 purchase for me I love those drat shovelware games.

hopefully it wont be free to play again

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tomie knows me posted:

Blind boxed amiibo.

Didn't they do that? I could swear I remember some kinda weird proto-amiibo pokemon game that almost immediately vanished

edit: yeah, these things

Guy Goodbody fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jun 5, 2017

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

spit on my clit posted:

hopefully it wont be free to play again
Did they actually do that? I only played the Wii one and Rumble Blast on the 3DS... oh my god they did, in 2015 :eyepop:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

You'll get your Pokken Tournament port and a Dark Mewtwo amiibo (for real this time) and like it!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I want to see a movie about grinding for monster parts so the hero can craft a better codpiece

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Did they actually do that? I only played the Wii one and Rumble Blast on the 3DS... oh my god they did, in 2015 :eyepop:

It was fine and generous enough. It let you play well beyond what any sane person would want anyway.

I'm totally expecting Pokken on Switch but I hope it goes beyond just including the new arcade characters. The backgrounds really need work with the N64 quality NPC sprites bobbing around.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I expect Pokken but not at this E3. Maybe in a direct in October or something, same with Smash. ARMS is their 3D fighting game getting pushed, might as well keep all spotlights on it before introducing competition down the line.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So the latest rumors from the person who has been leaking MH being exclusive for PS4 on 4Chan is reporting that:

-It would be called Monster Hunters sort of like how the last Devil May Cry was simply called DMC
-It would tie into the movie and be set in Tokyo
-It would be a cinematic single player experience with Dark Souls style coop
-Real world style guns would be a new weapon type
-Fighting will be more action focused with a focus on fighting smaller monsters. Huge monsters typical to classic Monster Hunter would be reserved for boss encounters tied to story missions
-Game would be open world
-Outsourced from Capcom to an unnamed Western studio to appeal to a Western audience

I'm still confident it's not true but now I'm hoping it's not. I don't want Monster Hunter to die like Dead Rising and Devil May Cry :sigh:

I dunno about the rest of the rumor, but the part about it being tied into the movie seems kind of implausible given that the film is still in the stage where it could easily fall into development hell (no production start date or cast, let alone release date), and that Capcom never really did that with the RE games.

Also, I thought Capcom said that they weren't outsourcing games to Western studios anymore, unless Capcom Vancouver counts.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Capcom Vancouver would be the worst outcome so naturally it'll be them.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

Didn't they do that? I could swear I remember some kinda weird proto-amiibo pokemon game that almost immediately vanished

edit: yeah, these things

Hopefully they would make amiibo versions not look like poo poo.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pokken or die

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
oh poo poo guys, i've got a Hot Leak

#FE x Pokken for the switch

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
They're going to talk about the next Pokémon mobile game that has been rumored

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There was just an announcement for a Pokemon Rumble mobile game

https://www.polygon.com/2017/5/31/15718950/pokemon-mobile-game-download-pokeland-android-ios

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Oh yeah that's the one I forgot it was real now

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

spit on my clit posted:

oh poo poo guys, i've got a Hot Leak

#FE x Pokken for the switch

That's a Hot Chunk Of poo poo

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

enojy posted:

That's a Hot Chunk Of poo poo

gently caress you leather man

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Pokemon Snapchat

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Esports:

quote:

Riling up the crowd further, Debiedma calls out the lack of support the game has supposedly received from its publisher. Nintendo doesn’t support the Smash scene like other publishers (Capcom, for instance) do, and even creator Masahiro Sakurai has been slow to accept his game has a competitive following.

“A certain company that acknowledges us but refuses to push us, I hope you’re listening right now, because I want you to hear this,” said Debiedma. “I want you to hear the amount of people who support this league, the amount of people who want this to be a lifestyle for people. This is not just a video game, this is a lifestyle.”

"You mean all Smash games right? I can certainly agree with you there they can do a lot more to support Smash in general and the sce-"

"No no, just Melee. Only Melee. It's not just a video game, it's a lifestyle."

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
"Yes, your honor. I'm a smash brother. They're discriminating against my lifestyle"

-someone recently or in the near future, after being accused of sexual assault at a melee tourney, probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Hey, Nintendo. Remember a little game called super MARIO WORLD? You better, you better loving remember because I for one... WONT LET YOU FORGET!!!!!!!

• Locked thread