Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

personally, i think he knows all of this and either has no intention of filling because "reasons" or he is an idiot and doesnt know poo poo and is already under water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Trabisnikof posted:

You can still phish for 2 factor tokens, you just have to be ready to immediately use the credential.

The little number ones sure. Even then that's a huge deal because you've got to have your attack lined up and launch it within seconds.

The usb-based tokens use a cryptographic exchange that prevents phishing because the token won't respond without first receiving a proper request and the phishing website won't have the right keys to generate it.

Too bad infected word documents will still work just fine with either.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
To be fair about nominations he could be trying and everyone with a brain runs screaming away from him the second he inquires because getting involved with Trump seems very much like a losing play.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Tormented posted:

Well, I'm sure she doesn't but if she did, I'm sure she wouldn't think that IRA does terrorism as she knows that terrorism is done by brown people.
There are decent arguments to be made that the IRA was not a terrorist group strictly speaking.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Wesearchr is great because 90% of the bounties are for dumb poo poo that doesn't exist, like "proof connecting Seth Rich to the DNC leak," so there will be lots of money for Chuck to abscond with when it dies

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

There are decent arguments to be made that the IRA was not a terrorist group strictly speaking.

Which are?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

The IRA considered itself a terrorist/armed resistance group.

That's why Sinn Fein exists.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

They were white.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Xae posted:

Companies refuse to spend money on extremely important IT security upgrades or the story of my career in E-Discovery.

"Why do you need a server with secure storage?"
"Because my laptop is filled to the brim with customer's personal data, detailed financial breakdowns about current or a future lawsuits and incriminating evidence that would cost companies billions of dollars if it gets lost or stolen"
"Yeah, but storage is expensive and you haven't lost your laptop yet..."

:suicide:

I figured that any reputable e-discovery firm would have to be solid on crap like that. I'm reasonably certain my laptop would have self-destructed if I tried to put a thumb drive in it.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

ReidRansom posted:

What's Luntz' deal anyway? He's the shithead behind most of the worst focus grouped garbage the GOP pushes, but he occasionally lights into someone in a ideologically correct way.

Do you remember in 1984 how Winston has a buddy at work who really, truly gets why they're using Newspeak and loves his job creating horrible poo poo that will destroy critical thinking?

Luntz is smart enough to know exactly what he's doing.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

TildeATH posted:

They were white.

not empty quoting

Slack Motherfucker
Aug 16, 2005

Pillbug

ReidRansom posted:

Despite having been a thing for literally decade(s) now, I can't believe they're still not more widespread.

I have two-factor authentication for my world of warcraft account, but it's not available at my 401k, bank, or brokerage :downs:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/espn/status/871735384887234561

:patriot:

Kubrick
Jul 20, 2004

Harrow posted:

Regarding Trump's base still loving him, our pal Nate Silver has thoughts on that:

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/871788305737756673

Every American political article should end with "...and despite the swelling controversy over Mr. Trump's ties to Russia."

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Hollismason posted:

The sad fact is that if unemployment stays where it, the economy stays where it is, and we don't have a major war then most likely Trump will be re-elected.

If this was a "normal" Republican Presidency sure.

But lol at that poo poo.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Are you Peter King?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Sky Shadowing posted:

To be fair about nominations he could be trying and everyone with a brain runs screaming away from him the second he inquires because getting involved with Trump seems very much like a losing play.

Yeah, 90% of the unfilled nominations are all-work, no-glory positions that mostly require competence and experience, and no one who values their long term government careers wants to be associated with this White House. Wingnut Welfare only works if you're in a media-friendly position before you fall on your sword.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
The Senate equivalents of Gowdy and Nunes (Ted Cruz?) are hard at work rewriting their time-wasting "is there any evidence Russia hacked our voting machines?" questions.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Sky Shadowing posted:

Okay sure let give the benefit of d-hahahahahahahahahahahah

1) He's a lazy gently caress.
2)He keeps asking his inner circle of yesmen to see if [insert z list celeb is available.]

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Thank god, now get faith hills legs back on Sunday night.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If this was a "normal" Republican Presidency sure.

But lol at that poo poo.

It should be pointed out that in 1968, GDP growth was 4.8%, unemployment was 3.6%, and inflation 4.4%.

These awesome numbers did not seem to help Democrats win re-election.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvNzhKTXweQ

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

skeleton warrior posted:

It should be pointed out that in 1968, GDP growth was 4.8%, unemployment was 3.6%, and inflation 4.4%.

These awesome numbers did not seem to help Democrats win re-election.

There was that whole war thing, mind.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
Did some people get shot in Orlando?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Again, can we reiterate that Trump is currently a flaming wreck with essentially nothing going wrong in the country yet? No natural disaster, no economic meltdown, no terrorist attack, nothing. Things could not be going any better and he's still a dumpster fire.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

ShredsYouSay posted:

Sure, 5 people died, but the killer did it for a reason we don't mind.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Again, can we reiterate that Trump is currently a flaming wreck with essentially nothing going wrong in the country yet? No natural disaster, no economic meltdown, no terrorist attack, nothing. Things could not be going any better and he's still a dumpster fire.

Maybe he will only show his true strength in crisis. He's doing his best to get there.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Also, we aren't even 6 months into his presidency. I don't recall a US president being more loathed at the start of his presidency.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Night10194 posted:

There was that whole war thing, mind.

There was also the anti-war movement, the civil rights movement, and the women's liberation movements that were in full swing by that point, which meant that all the pearl-clutchers grabbed on to Nixon's "Law and Order*" rhetoric.

--

* Law and Order meaning cracking down with overwhelming force against protestors and the oppressed groups protesting.

Instant Sunrise fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jun 5, 2017

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

PhazonLink posted:

Okay sure let give the benefit of d-hahahahahahahahahahahah

1) He's a lazy gently caress.
2)He keeps asking his inner circle of yesmen to see if [insert z list celeb is available.]

Actually I think it's mostly that Bannon is an isolationist and wants to cripple the State Dept. See also: proposed budget that guts State funding.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

are there really no sellout musicians to approach for this gig?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

ShredsYouSay posted:

Don't people get shot every day in Orlando

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Sky Shadowing posted:

Dear Mr. President,

I volunteer to be ambassador to Costa Rica. I will also accept Dominican Republic, Switzerland, Luxembourg, or Australia.

Thank you, and GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,
Fitz

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Instant Sunrise posted:

There was also the anti-war movement, the civil rights movement, and the women's liberation movements that were in full swing by that point, which meant that all the pearl-clutchers grabbed on to Nixon's "Law and Order*" rhetoric.

--

* Law and Order meaning cracking down with overwhelming force against protestors and the oppressed groups protesting.

Didn't Nixon also torpedo peace talks?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Ekster posted:

Also, we aren't even 6 months into his presidency. I don't recall a US president being more loathed at the start of his presidency.

Well, Lincoln

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Night10194 posted:

Didn't Nixon also torpedo peace talks?

I thought that was Reagan, and it was about delaying hostage release so he could take credit. Don't think it's proven though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/October_Surprise_conspiracy_theory

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

No, no, it's Ben Carson that's the sleeper agent. Get it straight.

Tip Shades
Oct 28, 2016

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Dear Mr. President,

I volunteer to be ambassador to Costa Rica. I will also accept Dominican Republic, Switzerland, Luxembourg, or Australia.

Thank you, and GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,
Fitz

Mention his electoral college victory and sprinkle his name in a few times.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I thought that was Reagan, and it was about delaying hostage release so he could take credit. Don't think it's proven though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/October_Surprise_conspiracy_theory

It was both:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Peace_Accords#Claimed_sabotage_of_negotiations_by_Nixon_campaign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Trabisnikof posted:

Sure, 5 people died, but the killer did it for a reason we don't mind.

You mean with a skin color we don't mind, surely?

• Locked thread