Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I think the idea is that the Rod and Voidblade/Caster cost the same for Praetorians, but didn't think about Lords taking them. It should just say "take a warscythe you chump" anyway.

Yeah I was just thinking of maybe taking one of the cheap weapons if I wanted a buff bot, to save 8 points on the warscythe and had to do a double take. It's because of the praetorians/lychguard/wraiths points costs for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
Had my first game of 8th on Sunday.
My tyranids vs sisters of battle, at 1000 points.

We each had an objective marker. The sisters placed theirs in a corner while mine was around the middle of the table.
They also had some deepstrikers, and a penitent engine creeping around the side, so I couldn't concentrate my forces as much as I'd have liked.
Those pyrovores on the right were being played as biovores, so they had the range to threaten everything anyway.

At the end of my turn 1, I'm already halfway up the table. Nids are pretty quick in 8th. The game in general feels a lot faster.
My hive guard deal 7 damage to their immolator, and other guns plink off about 3 sisters infantry.

Missed a turn or so here, but the sisters on the left leave their defenses and charge into my gaunts, shooting them first. I had cast Catalyst on them so I only take about 11 casualties from the 30 gaunt unit. Being gaunts, I don't deal many casualties back either.
Meanwhile, two squads of sisters with jump packs appear behind that building on the right side of the field, threatening my biovores. The penitent engine is also getting close.
My hive tyrant is shrugging off melta guns and heavy flamers left and right, not to mention a pile of boltgun shots. Only taking a single wound the entire turn.

In my turn, my Hive Tyrant charges into a squad. Killing a bunch of sisters.
The hive guard finish off the immolator. Poor tank didn't get to do much except whiff its flamer shots against the hive tyrant. Next time maybe.
My tyranid prime breaks away from the warriors to keep the hormagaunts in line, while the warriors move to assist the biovores.
My gaunts take a few more casualties and I make a critical mistake of removing the gaunt that was next to the penitent engine on the left side. This means it's no longer in combat.

I kinda forgot to keep taking pictures after this point. Oops.
Saint Celestine decides to show everyone how it's done, and attacks the hive tyrant. Dealing all 9 of its remaining wounds in a single phase.
The freed up penitent engine moves past the gaunts and annihilates my hive guard. Pretty much removing all remaining threats from that side of the field.

The hormagaunts + tyranid prime have a go at taking down celestine. They deal a bunch of wounds to her, but she cuts down the prime, and the hormagaunts get taken out by all the remaining sisters in the area.

My warriors are able to smash apart the penitant engine on the right, along with the deepstrikers. But at that point the game is pretty much over.

There were a bunch of things I could have done differently, but we both had a really fun time. Looking forward to another game this evening.

We did have to spend quite a bit of time looking up unit entries in the indices. So I'm working on a little project to speed things up, and also make it easier to keep track of wounds.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

General Olloth posted:

Something a bit stupid. There are 3 wargear options on necrons melee weapons list that HQs can pick from. Two of them are Melee/Melee/User/AP-3/1D no ability. One is 3 points and one is 6 points.

OK then.

I found a funny one while playing last night. The Dunecrawler for AdMech isn't allowed to have 6 wounds left.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Zuul the Cat posted:

I found a funny one while playing last night. The Dunecrawler for AdMech isn't allowed to have 6 wounds left.

Okay that's pretty good.

The one I'm not sure if it's on purpose or not is the Doomsday Ark missing the Hover rule when the Ghost Ark has it. Like okay, NOW your gauss flayer arrays measure range from the base instead of the hull because you flipped your ribcages over.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Those look really good, would you mind posting the template?

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

TWSS posted:

I magnetized my wraithlord this morning and spilled ca all over my underwear (no I wasn't wearing pants) and drat near glued my dick to my leg. Thank god there was nail polish remover handy because without acetone this would have been a terrible day.

That's loving terrifying.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Warhammer 40k: I drat near glued my dick to my leg

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

panascope posted:

It's gotta be this, no other choice.

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

What sort of vessel was the CA in to spill that much?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Full Circle posted:

What sort of vessel was the CA in to spill that much?

Roughly dick sized apparently.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

panascope posted:

We're done here.

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
It was the citadel super thin glue. The container is 2/3rds lid so its quite heavy and i didn't have it screwed on, so it tipped and leaked for a few seconds before I felt the liquid.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
Upon reading your first post I immediately went to amazon and bought an 8 oz bottle of pure acetone. If I ever have to pour it on my genitals though, that'll be the end for me.

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008

bonds0097 posted:

Upon reading your first post I immediately went to amazon and bought an 8 oz bottle of pure acetone. If I ever have to pour it on my genitals though, that'll be the end for me.

As a welder I use acetone to clean metal every day and the odour is nasty, but it doesn't do anything to skin other than dry it out.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

TWSS posted:

I magnetized my wraithlord this morning and spilled ca all over my underwear (no I wasn't wearing pants) and drat near glued my dick to my leg. Thank god there was nail polish remover handy because without acetone this would have been a terrible day.

lmao drat dude

take a hams break

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

panascope posted:

:argh: came to post this. But agreed. It must be this.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

TKIY posted:

Who hasn't done this?

Also - It occurs to me that I have a reason to go get just a poo poo ton of 40mm bases and gather all the thrown-in rippers that come with pretty much every Tyranid box and make a god awful pile of rippers.

33pts gets you 3 bases, so 9 wounds worth which makes them less than 4 points a wound. They have utterly poo poo stats but get to deep strike. They can't be ignored because they can still tie up shooters and for 200pts you can throw 18 bases all over the table at the end of your first movement phase. They are going to die, but 200pts of them will eat up at least 6 units of enemy shooting for a turn, and can get a 5+ in cover which gives them some sort of durability.

They need synapse, that's the only flaw, but you have Trygons and Winged Tyrants for that.

If they get ignored, snug them up behind the units your big gribblies are charging, and prevent retreats.

This happened today!

BATTLE REPORT: First proper game of 8th edition, we totted up the points, used detachments and command points, played an actual mission etc. I had Imperial Guard, my opponent Tyranids.

1000 points, mission was Eternal War 'Retrieval Mission', basically 4 objectives worth 3VP each, secondary objectives and random game length exactly as in the previous edition. We both used a Battalion detachment more or less (he had one too few HQ and I had one too many troops; we gave ourselves the command points anyway by mutual agreement). I chose the arrowhead setup, which is really just a bit of a tweak on the standard map - we were playing on my 4' by 4' table.

His list:
Broodlord
2 x 20 Genestealers
2 x Carnifexes, twin devourers
3 x Lictors
Ripper Swarm (maybe 8-10?)

My list:

1 Company Commander, 3 Pl Comd, 1 Commissar, 1 Primaris Psyker, 1 Tempestor Prime
Scions Comd squad - 4 plasma guns
Scion Squad - 10 models, 4 melta guns
6 x Infantry Squads - 3 melta guns, 3 plasma gun/autocannons
2 x Heavy Weapon Squads - 3 missile launchers, 3 autocannons
1 Basilisk - heavy flamer

I kept deploying for long after him, which seems to be a constant with Imperial Guard. So many god drat units with all the 20pt characters forming their own thing. He kept his Lictors and rippers in reserve for deep strike. Similarly, I kept my Scion officer and both Scion units in deep strike reserve. So he went first, and this time I failed to seize.

Tyranid Turn 1: I'm afraid I didn't get a pic of the opening. But he deep struck, and Lictors can re-roll their charge dice when they do! There are two out of shot on the Imperial Guard right flank here:

So I had 2 Lictors in assault turn 1 (they wiped out a heavy weapon squad and scored him First Blood) with another and the rippers chilling out in cover 9" away from my other flank. Meanwhile, the genestealer horde closed in . . .

Imperial Guard Turn 1: I counter-deep struck, killing one Lictor with my Basilisk heavy flamer and counter-assaulting another to tie it up. My reserves came in behind him - I deleted one Carnifex with 4 rapid firing supercharged plasma guns (even re-rolls weren't enough to save one storm trooper) and wounded the other with a meltagun. Casualties to his central genestealers (with broodlord) and the Rippers were insufficient. The Lictors absorbed a lot of fire, in retrospect it was probably a mistake to even shoot them. -1 to hit and +2 to saves in cover! Not bad for 41pts, my friend thinks. See below how close his ravening xenos are to my lines at the bottom of turn 1:

Tyranid Turn 2: The poor bloody infantry prepare to man the barricades and fight with faith and cold steel.

That Broodlord wanted a hug, and by god he got it. 2 squads utterly wiped. Genestealer squad of 10 or more (they had exactly 10 left; Overwatch did nothing) goes up from 3 attacks to 4. We didn't even realise that the Broodlord made them 2+ to hit, or that scything talons are a free upgrade and let them re-roll 1s to hit. This did not make a difference.

Things didn't exactly go any better on my left flank:

The group of fully 20 Genestealers hit those 2 squads like a whirlwind of alien claws, not even using half their attacks to wipe them.

Imperial Guard Turn 2: So the game was barely started, and there were alien monstrosities swarming over the sandbags and my home objective, with the Imperial Guard leadership cadre looking on in horror:

So they closed ranks, fixed bayonets, and withdrew right back to the board edge, prepared to sell their lives dearly. The 'Get Back in the Fight' order was pretty much all that gave me any hope of taking a few xenos down with me. Throughout the game it was a key order for me.

Last Stand time. I wish there was a better reason to take a regimental standard under the Index rules. It's a bit pointless now, and although it's cheap, it's an upgrade on the fairly pointless command squad!

On the brighter side, the special forces were having an easier time and definitely seizing the glory. The scion squad gunned down the second Carnifex as it bellowed defiance:

That was an impressive 15 wounds, on 3D6 damage from the 3 meltas that hit and wounded! This left my deep strike contingent in my opponent's uncontested backfield - his entire army was in my deployment zone!

Tyranid Turn 3: They closed in for the kill, with both 'stealer squads and the broodlord assaulting and removing my remaining infantry squads. Only the characters remained.

This continued through the bottom of turn 4, with my leaders going down one by one, with the Company Commander the Last to fall.

Now comes the good part:

Tyranid Turn 5: he wounded my basilisk, brought his rippers back to hold my central objective, and cleared up in my DZ. The failure to kill the basilisk would rebound on him.

Imperial Guard Turn 5:
I am closing in on the objectives on his side of the table with my Scions.

Meanwhile, the last remaining Platoon Commander, filled with righteous vengeance and furious anger, charges at the remaining Tyranids. He kills the last 2 genestealers of one squad with a well judged grenade. He then charges and kills the wounded Broodlord with his sword. I am just so impressed. Dude is getting a paint refresh and some kill markings.

If the game ended here, I would have won (hold 2 objectives to his one, despite first blood, we both have Slay the Warlord and Linebreaker. The roll says we continue. I chew my nails.

Tyranid Turn 6: He races to remove my Scions from an objective. The genestealer speed is terrifying, and they tear apart the whole squad. This was about a 20" move and charge by the way. Their maximum threat range is 27".

However my opponent also uses his last, wounded Lictor to charge down my heroic Lt and avenge the Broodlord's demise. Wait - what's that you say? This gallant officer survived a grievous wound and slew the Lictor in return? Praise the Emperor!

Imperial Guard Turn 6:
I am on 2 objectives, with a Tempestor Prime (Scions officer) and 3 command squad scions respectively. He holds 2 objectives with a Ripper swarm and a virtually unscathed huge mob of stealers respectively. If the game ends now, he would win due to First Blood. I clear his Rippers from his objective with a Basilisk's heavy flamer and (moving) earthshaker cannon - he fails his morale check by exactly the amount needed for his 2 remaining bases to run. Now I'd win if it ends.

The roll says we go on. We both chew our nails.

Tyranid Turn 7.
The Tyranids go for broke, with Genestealers abandoning their objective, racing toward the Scion Command Squad to clear them off their objective for the swing. Success means he will go back to winning by First Blood.

He needs to roll a 7" charge. He rolls 6". The crowd goes wild!

Imperial Guard Turn 7:

I move onto the Ripper-less objective. I hold 3 objectives to his none. He has also given up Linebreaker as his stealers are in the centre ground. Didn't add insult to injury by directing a last volley at them. I win 11-2.

Summary: This was an amazing game, going right to the judges in the final turn. I crapped myself at the initial Genestealer assault. Lictors pinned me in place and drew fire, most of my line went down before I knew what the hell was happening. The only bright spot was my elimination of his supporting monsters with my own deep strike. While not as impressive as his main offensive, this was critical at the end due to position relative to objectives. We both agreed in hindsight that a) he might have preferred even more stealers to the carnifex. The shock action of all those attacks swarming at you, and the resilience of massed T4 5++, is really intimidating, and b) he should have sent a squad back to wipe my Scions earlier in the game - this could have still beaten me, as he definitely had me on the ropes from turn 2 (if not 1). Imperial Guard infantry and orders are great, and cheap as chips, but still have their weaknesses. They will die like flies and often their BS makes the 10-man squads (I am used to big blobs after the last 2 editions) seem laughably ineffectual. Scions are amazing. Basilisk I'm not sold on. The HF, which I only took as I glued one onto the model when I first built it, did more work this game than the main gun.

Thoughts on 8th: Falling back, special advance+charge rules, and the removal of 'take from the front' casualties, all make assault vs shooting more balanced and also dynamic. Between movement and reserves, lots of armies can do nasty maneuvers and I expect to see some very bloody opening plays. We loved the simplified shooting, casualty removal, cover, morale and psychic rules. Command points were a very fun thing too. On a couple occasions we used re-rolls to try and win an advantage, only to roll the same or worse! Great fun.

A picture of the survivors of the 1st Battle for Planet Bellummalleus VIII: An officer and 3 troopers of the [Classified] Regiment of Tempestus Scions, an officer of the Xth Cimmerian Infantry, and the crew of Basilisk 7/5, 12th Battery, aka 'Bug Burner'.

Genghis Cohen fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jun 5, 2017

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
If you buy Dark Imperium is it going to be the same price as it's gonna be on release day or does it cost more for a pre-order or some poo poo

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

goose willis posted:

If you buy Dark Imperium is it going to be the same price as it's gonna be on release day or does it cost more for a pre-order or some poo poo

I have no clue what you might be referring to but the MSRP isn't going to change

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
I'm working on some excel spreadsheets for Tyranids that I think will be pretty useful. Basically, little data cards I can print out and use to keep track of wargear and wounds on the monstrous creature in my lists. Boxes to tick off wounds, and see their current effectiveness. They also have boxes to mark to show what powers and wargear options they have taken. I plan to laminate them and use a dry erase each game.

Link to example in case it's not kosher to post here.

I'm doing it for just nids now, but I can see how it would be useful for any monster/vehicle in the game. I'll post a link in here to the spreadsheet once I'm done.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Master Twig posted:

I'm working on some excel spreadsheets for Tyranids that I think will be pretty useful. Basically, little data cards I can print out and use to keep track of wargear and wounds on the monstrous creature in my lists. Boxes to tick off wounds, and see their current effectiveness. They also have boxes to mark to show what powers and wargear options they have taken. I plan to laminate them and use a dry erase each game.

I'm doing it for just nids now, but I can see how it would be useful for any monster/vehicle in the game. I'll post a link in here to the spreadsheet once I'm done.

Link is not working at least for me.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

Link is not working at least for me.

Try again. SHould work now.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
WS 9"

:v:

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

goose willis posted:

It's $160 MSRP, same price now or after launch. If you're ordering from Frontline though their preorder price is usually lower than their price after launch, if that's what you're asking.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

It's a rough draft with a few typos. I'll be cleaning it up. (and yeah, I just noticed that one too.)

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
So far most games I've seen played have come down to the last turn and sometimes even the last roll on those turns. This is a good sign. The only exceptions so far are a Dark Angels bike group that tried to charge Genestealers and got loving rekt in two assault phases, and a not very good Imperial Guard player who got rekt by a Storm Raven. In both cases, it was pretty much a question of not having a decent counter for the really terrifying stuff on the other side.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Strobe posted:

So far most games I've seen played have come down to the last turn and sometimes even the last roll on those turns. This is a good sign. The only exceptions so far are a Dark Angels bike group that tried to charge Genestealers and got loving rekt in two assault phases, and a not very good Imperial Guard player who got rekt by a Storm Raven. In both cases, it was pretty much a question of not having a decent counter for the really terrifying stuff on the other side.

Both of the games we played at my place we conceded on turn 4 because there was no chance. In my case, it was because of a lot of really good rolls for my opponent. He kept taking entire units off the table in single rounds of shooting/psyker/assault preventing my reanimation protocols or living metal from doing anything.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
I've painted my first orc boy in 10 years in preparation for 8e. Blood Axes have my favourite lore and I wanted to do a really garish camo scheme so I chose an orange base to contrast with the green skin.

I know the painting quality isn't great but I am pretty happy with how the pattern has come out!

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Apparently they forgot to give Celestine the "Unique" keyword

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

TheChirurgeon posted:

Apparently they forgot to give Celestine the "Unique" keyword

GW: Oh no, don't buy 6 boxes don't do it no.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

TWSS posted:

I proclaim you avatar of all that is Goon. Hail the Goonlord!

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Pretty proud of what I've read. Ther are a few really powerful assault abilities that stick out.

Orks being able to teleport near you and having rerolling on charges is pretty nasty.

Swarmlords Hive Commander ability on genestealers.

That being said it seems a clear eye for balance was in mind. No single unit has any broken buffing ability, and there is a clear increase in points and scale of abilities.

For example Marines: Captain rerolling hits of 1 -> Chapter master rerolling all misses -> Primarch rerolling all hits and wounds.
Hell Guilliman has one of the best auras in the game and it is still limited to 6 inches, which really dictates your play style if you want to use it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Uroboros posted:

Pretty proud of what I've read. Ther are a few really powerful assault abilities that stick out.

Orks being able to teleport near you and having rerolling on charges is pretty nasty.

Swarmlords Hive Commander ability on genestealers.

That being said it seems a clear eye for balance was in mind. No single unit has any broken buffing ability, and there is a clear increase in points and scale of abilities.

For example Marines: Captain rerolling hits of 1 -> Chapter master rerolling all misses -> Primarch rerolling all hits and wounds.
Hell Guilliman has one of the best auras in the game and it is still limited to 6 inches, which really dictates your play style if you want to use it.

Plus Guilliman is expensive.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I realized, last night, that I can run five Terminator Captains, and six Furioso Dreadnoughts, and have it be a matched-play-valid army in 2k points with 5 CP.

I have a new goal in life.

Terminator Captain 122 [149] x5 (mix and match weapons, it honestly doesn't matter much)
Thunder Hammer 25
Storm Bolter 2

Furioso Dreadnought (122) x6 [186-228, season to taste]
Magna Grapple (5)
Pick any two of:
Meltagun (17)
Frag Cannon (19)
Heavy Flamer (17)
Storm Bolter (2)
Pick any one of:
Furioso Fist (x1 if Frag Cannon, x2 if not) (40/50)
Blood Talons (only if no Frag Cannon) (65)

Detachments are one Vanguard Detachment (with one HQ and six Elites) and one Supreme Command Detachment (3-5 HQs). Six Dreadnoughts is a lot of high toughness wounds on a reasonably fast platform brimming with Assault weapons and extremely painful melee weapons, and five Captains can basically play "pick who needs rerolls the most" for the first few turns with Deep Strike, or just drop a big-ole gently caress-off clump of five Captains and watch the fireworks. And there will be lots of fireworks.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Master Twig posted:

You should post these when you're finished. Looking good so far. Besides those discrepancies :v:

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Tiger Millionaire posted:

I've painted my first orc boy in 10 years in preparation for 8e. Blood Axes have my favourite lore and I wanted to do a really garish camo scheme so I chose an orange base to contrast with the green skin.

I know the painting quality isn't great but I am pretty happy with how the pattern has come out!

Reminds me that I always wanted to do a GI Joe themed blood axe kommando force. You basically just painted an Alley Viper!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tiger Millionaire posted:

I like it. If you want a quick guide on Ork skin here's what I use:

1. Base coat with Knarloc Green WAAAGH! Flesh
2. Coat with Snot Green VGC Sick Green
3. Highlight with Goblin Green VGC Goblin Green
4. Highlight with Goblin/Scorpion Green (50/50) VGC Goblin Green / VGC Scorpy Green (50/50)
5. Wash with Thraka Green AP Green Tone Ink
6. Line the crevices with a mix of Dark Green VGC Dark Green Ink and Future Floor Wax

Great, I forgot how old my models are.

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery
My game with Pendent went just swimmingly.

I am sort of busy right now to write up the whole thing and get the pictures, but here are some highlights. I was playing Imperial Fists and he was rocking the Blood Angels.

-a callidus assassin getting absolutely owned in melee by a vindicare after brutalizing some marines. He kicked her real good.

-stormravens have a downright upsetting amount of GUN now, but flying it into my backline got it focused and destroyed

-Space Marine Captains are insanely strong heroes whose buff was relevant and useful for the duration of the entire game

-the only thing that could stop the insane rampage of the Sanguinary guard was a group of sternguard with Combi-Plasma guns. Combined with overcharging and Captain support, they absolutely deleted things.

-Plasma cannons still feel lackluster. Hellblasters are gonna be awesome

-Having a single Librarian for psychic support was quite effective, which is a refreshing change.

-The Sanguinor being able to charge out of his descent of angels is 100% valuetown bananas, and he took a lot of lives.

-Vindicators are pretty tough, but a single one proved a good focus fire target, so I never hit anything with it's cannon :(

-scouts are totally tough and cool, but plasma being able to blast through their cover did an enormous amount of damage

-8th edition was awesome. We literally consulted the core rules once. Lots of checking data sheets for weird things. (Callidus' sword is so sharp that it can cut through lightning reflexes or force fields, apparently)

-having control over deep strike timing and placement was absolutely clutch, and made the game feel enormously tactical.

Edit: that was a really long list of highlights, huh

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
So my bro got me a surprise Lord of Change for my birthday. I just had to paint it ASAP.

*fancy ~SPINZAM~ photo with drag-able 360*
https://spinzam.com/shot/?idx=26136

This dude is huge. His base is a 4" circle.

Funnily enough I had recently listened to Ep9 of the badcast where SRM and Sexcannon talk about how they think this model is cool but a nightmare to paint. I was a little worried at first but I followed Duncan's guide best I could:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThM1HTZgsN8

I ended up with a lot of mistakes but I am really happy with the results.

Long story short: Dry Brushing, Washes and the new GW Metallics are your friend... Especially on big demon models.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

WhiteOutMouse posted:

*fancy ~SPINZAM~ photo with drag-able 360*
https://spinzam.com/shot/?idx=26136

:allears: Oh maaaan that's great

• Locked thread