Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Dragoon is gonna have some pretty insane AoE during add phases (over a 30 second or so period) but unfortunately the way it's structured means you don't get a lot of it during ordinary big pulls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Rhix posted:

I was taking the reduced potency on aoes as an adjustment made to counter accuracy being replaced with direct hit.

Maybe, but it isn't like single-target potency got nerfed in the same way (a few did, but it wasn't as sweeping as the AoE changes). You're right though, I wonder what AoE pull kill-times will be with DH being added.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Dragoon AOE is almost unchanged, and I'd argue it was buffed. Pretty much all they did was change doom spike's potency to 150 and its TP cost to 125.

But the caster classes almost definitely had their AOE buffed at level 70, despite bane and fire II being nerfed, because foul, thunder IV and bahamut are all really strong.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Mymla posted:

Dragoon AOE is almost unchanged, and I'd argue it was buffed. Pretty much all they did was change doom spike's potency to 150 and its TP cost to 125.

Is that in the JP notes? Last I saw Doom Spike was 130 potency for 130 tp, but combos into Sonic Thrust for another 170 potency and 120 tp. (I misread the tooltip earlier, it's Doom Spike -> Sonic Thrust not the other way around :v:)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If you're AoEing for an add phase in a boss you can hold onto Life of the Dragon and drop 4 dragon lasers on them in the course of 30 seconds in addition to your doom spikes

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
catgirl.bargains has SSL enabled now, for whoever was waiting to register there until it was secure.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

VHGS posted:

This guide seems pretty comprehensive for crafting stuff.

I thought there was beast tribe stuff?

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

EponymousMrYar posted:

Is that in the JP notes? Last I saw Doom Spike was 130 potency for 130 tp, but combos into Sonic Thrust for another 170 potency and 120 tp. (I misread the tooltip earlier, it's Doom Spike -> Sonic Thrust not the other way around :v:)

Yeah, and that averages out to 150 potency per GCD, and 125 TP per GCD.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

EponymousMrYar posted:

But then you go into Baelsar's and a lot of parties die on the first full chainpull (or even just the double pull) because those Sagittarii are magnificent bastards.

But also they disabled the last chain pull in Sohm Al HM (the last mob pack now can only spawn when the second last group is fully dead.)

So these AoE efforts might be aimed at people trying to do Baelsar's shenanigans rather than Sohm Al HM ones.

I would like to see more areas with untankable killer adds like the first type if they want to limit pulls, it's a lot more fun (at least for healing) than being stuck on that treadmill elevator.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

EponymousMrYar posted:

But then you go into Baelsar's and a lot of parties die on the first full chainpull (or even just the double pull) because those Sagittarii are magnificent bastards.

But also they disabled the last chain pull in Sohm Al HM (the last mob pack now can only spawn when the second last group is fully dead.)

So these AoE efforts might be aimed at people trying to do Baelsar's shenanigans rather than Sohm Al HM ones.

I'm actually of the opinion that the Sagitarii aren't the problem, it's that people are not killing the dogs first. They're the ones with the AoE stun, after all, and nobody ever seems to interrupt it unless it's incidental with Holy.

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me

Mr. Nice! posted:

You can move divine seal to after swiftcast holy and it will last longer. Regen and your SW/Holy have no cast time and you're not using an oGCD after them anyways. That's why you'd want to use it after swiftcast holy. And yeah, I was thinking that aero III should be after. The important thing is to hit that holy button until you can't hit it anymore. Might be good to pop shroud at some point too.

uhhhhhhh................................

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I'm actually of the opinion that the Sagitarii aren't the problem, it's that people are not killing the dogs first. They're the ones with the AoE stun, after all, and nobody ever seems to interrupt it unless it's incidental with Holy.

The dogs have a bunch more HP than the soldiers and the only non-tank thing they do is their AoE stun. You can avoid that, you can't avoid the Venomous and Windbite that the Sagitarii can and will stick on everyone (and each dot does like, 1.5-2k damage per tick which adds up fast.)

I've barely seen a party die to a dog that wasn't because things were already going pear shaped due to those dots not being cleansed/healed through/stopped via application of murder to the source.

Those that do are usually because the WHM/tank get stunned by the dogs and die while unable to push buttons to stay alive/heal everyone.

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jun 5, 2017

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
What I see too many times in the Wall is tanks not dragging the rest of the pull to the archers, so they're not in range of AOEs and free to spread dots around everyone unopposed. I can't Holy stun them if they're a million miles away from everything else!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

As far as we can tell, is all of an MCH's DPS in Stormblood still going to be wrapped up in whether or not they get a good Wildfire, or has some of it been shuffled off? I never really liked that aspect of MCH.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Ciaphas posted:

As far as we can tell, is all of an MCH's DPS in Stormblood still going to be wrapped up in whether or not they get a good Wildfire, or has some of it been shuffled off? I never really liked that aspect of MCH.

Wildfire got nerfed, and their 123 has buffs through careful heat management. I'm also hoping they're less lopsided now.

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

Lizard Wizard posted:

I thought there was beast tribe stuff?

Oh yeah. The Ixal/Moogle quests are pretty self-contained as far as the actual crafting you have to do. You can replace a few leves with beast tribes once per day, up to and including doing no leves at all and just daily-ing your way there over the course of several weeks.

Kobata
Oct 11, 2012

Rainuwastaken posted:

Wildfire got nerfed, and their 123 has buffs through careful heat management. I'm also hoping they're less lopsided now.

With the corrected info on overheat being +20% for 10s, not -20%, it really seems like wildfire got buffed, not nerfed. Sure, you lose 5s from each one, but you also lost 30s from the cooldown, which makes it line up perfectly with everything else every single time, so there's no more 'small' wildfires.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Did any of the videos show whether the Fairy Gauge fills slowly automatically when not using Fey Union, or is it entirely on Aetherflow spend?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Ciaphas posted:

Wildfire is only ten seconds now: That should help with squeezing it in and not having bosses transition before it falls off.
Your Heat meter confers additional buffs to your weaponskills when they are between 50-99.
On top of that, 1-2-3 have additional potency baked in.
Overheating by hitting 100 Heat kicks off a 20% buff on top of all that for a short duration, after which you crash.
You have a skill that redlines your turrets that makes those crash after dealing heavy damage.
You have a skill that bleeds off heat to keep you from maxing out prematurely.
There are no cross-class buffs like Raging Strikes or Hawk's Eye or B4B to manage anymore.
Only three ammunition instead of five, now. Ammunition also lowers heat generation.

So, as far as I can tell, most of your game now revolves around managing your heat between 50 and 99, never maxing it out until Wildfire comes off cooldown, then you Overcharge, max the bar, full reload ammo, dump all your oGCDs, redline your turrets, and then crash as Wildfire goes off.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jun 6, 2017

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Is there like a barber shop or something so I can change the way my dude looks after I make him, or am I stuck? Can I change skin color and stuff, too?

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jun 6, 2017

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Firstborn posted:

Is there like a barber shop or something so I can change the way my dude looks after I make him, or am I stuck?

Here you go https://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Beauty_Is_Only_Scalp_Deep

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Firstborn posted:

Can I change skin color and stuff, too?

Anything beyond hair and make-up and poo poo requires a fantasia. You get one for free after subbing, but any more cost :10bux:.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

You can give yourself and remove as many scars as you want, though, somehow.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Fister Roboto posted:

You can give yourself and remove as many scars as you want, though, somehow.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

jandelaine just applies makeup or stabs you with his scissors as appropriate

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
Full translation of the more up-to-date JP tooltips. Apparently not only did I not know that Blackest Night could be used on other people, but it's AOE as well??

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Wildfire is only ten seconds now: That should help with squeezing it in and not having bosses transition before it falls off.
Your Heat meter confers additional buffs to your weaponskills when they are between 50-99.
On top of that, 1-2-3 have additional potency baked in.
Overheating by hitting 100 Heat kicks off a 20% buff on top of all that for a short duration, after which you crash.
You have a skill that redlines your turrets that makes those crash after dealing heavy damage.
You have a skill that bleeds off heat to keep you from maxing out prematurely.
There are no cross-class buffs like Raging Strikes or Hawk's Eye or B4B to manage anymore.
Only three ammunition instead of five, now. Ammunition also lowers heat generation.

So, as far as I can tell, most of your game now revolves around managing your heat between 50 and 99, never maxing it out until Wildfire comes off cooldown, then you Overcharge, max the bar, full reload ammo, dump all your oGCDs, redline your turrets, and then crash as Wildfire goes off.

Interesting, thanks. I guess I'll have to try it to see.

From what I've understood reading about RDM though, it still looks like I'm going to play that first on SB release, then play through the story as it. Not 100% sure though. :(

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Die Sexmonster! posted:

Hey, it's not just you, I had the same issue. I'd crash loading into Idyllshire. :v: Never found a fix, just kept it on DX9 until I upgraded to Windows 10 (which was this week.) I'll let you know if it still occurs!

Any luck on that?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mister Olympus posted:

Apparently not only did I not know that Blackest Night could be used on other people, but it's AOE as well??

If this is true then DRKs basically get their own take on Passage of Arms. Less potent for multi-hit attacks but great for raidwide burst.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

nuru posted:

Did any of the videos show whether the Fairy Gauge fills slowly automatically when not using Fey Union, or is it entirely on Aetherflow spend?

Current tooltips say it goes up by 10 every stack of Aetherflow you spend. Dunno if it rises out of battle.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

From what I've understood reading about RDM though, it still looks like I'm going to play that first on SB release, then play through the story as it. Not 100% sure though. :(

Actually I just read about the change to Enochian and now I wanna do BLM too aaaaaaaaaa :(

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

Yeah it's gonna be real hard to choose between wanting to do the new story stuff (and accessing all the new content that comes with it) and grinding out a new class. I'm still torn between RDM and SAM, even.

Luckily it's only 10 levels you're going to have to do to catch up this time, instead of 30 like last time.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Eopia posted:

Any luck on that?

No crashes at all in Windows 10 under DX11.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

I don't know how the other changes will shake out but man I am happy that monk AoE is mostly untouched. It's one of the most satisfying things in the game to me.

But if Crits can give you chakra does that mean popping internal release and going ham with your AoE would basically fill your gauge up almost instantly during big pulls? Getting really quick purification on big pulls could make perfect balance rockbreaker spam even funner.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

TPT house is the goofiest. I love it.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Do retainers in combat classes still cap at the player's level in the game class? I just realized my combat retainer is something I definitely didn't plan on leveling right away.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Meldonox posted:

Do retainers in combat classes still cap at the player's level in the game class? I just realized my combat retainer is something I definitely didn't plan on leveling right away.

yea + it sucks

Bourgeoisie
Nov 19, 2007

One ticket, please.
random thought: rip to any whm using assize in their opener as it now does 100% of its damage and healing at the same time.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Bourgeoisie posted:

random thought: rip to any whm using assize in their opener as it now does 100% of its damage and healing at the same time. at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

• Locked thread