Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Injustice 2 features Jeffrey Combs aka Weyoun as the main villain and that alone is dope as heck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Chomp8645 posted:

Injustice 2 features Jeffrey Combs aka Weyoun as the main villain and that alone is dope as heck.

The Injustice games can't be faulted for their voice cast.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Also Freddy Krueger as Scarecrow (no. 2?)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Scarecrow is cool because his super move is that messed-up level from the Arkham Asylum game

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Lurdiak posted:

The tie-in comic for the Injustice games is unbelievably good. It was supposed to be 6 issues long but got turned into an ongoing due to unexpected financial and critical success. But neither game's actual story is very good at all outside of a few moments and I'm shocked that anyone is praising them. I mean I guess by fighting game standards it's good, because loving look at any given bad Capcom fighter's awful story, but man. That's a low bar to clear.

I read through the entirety of the injustice comic and while it is entertaining it suffers from the same issue the games do. Which is to say, it's just a bunch of contrived situations to get superheroes to punch one another, and is about as deep and subtle as a fart joke. Still, the punching is good.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I dont care about story modes in fighters, i just want them to be good fighters but since the market has spoken and we have to have them i hope they do more than just play a movie until you get to mash against an ai

Fighting game story modes need to actually teach like the campaign of other games, like have the introductory scenes for featured characters be them demonstrating their moves or something to a pupil and having the player do really basic things. I think that would be more useful than dumping people in a lot of fights early on with passive ai and lots of different characters with no clue whats up.

Ive also thought that with 3d stages in most modern games it would be cool to explore using them as adventure game screens and sort of do a shenmue type thing of stringing fights together with puzzle solving and exploration of the details in a stage background

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

Also Freddy Krueger as Scarecrow (no. 2?)

I like to think of that as an apology for them not being able to have him voice Freddy in MK9.

PantsBandit posted:

I read through the entirety of the injustice comic and while it is entertaining it suffers from the same issue the games do. Which is to say, it's just a bunch of contrived situations to get superheroes to punch one another, and is about as deep and subtle as a fart joke. Still, the punching is good.

Subtlety is overrated.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What are some of your favourite games to play to just chillax?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Spider-man 2. I just swing around...

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Fighting game story modes need to actually teach like the campaign of other games, like have the introductory scenes for featured characters be them demonstrating their moves or something to a pupil and having the player do really basic things. I think that would be more useful than dumping people in a lot of fights early on with passive ai and lots of different characters with no clue whats up.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

GTAV director's mode or just post-storyline singleplayer is good chill fun.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
*truck Simulator with podcasts goin'

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Civ has always been my game that I put on when I want to chill and then eventually get sucked in and ends up being the most mentally taxing thing I've done that day

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Jay Rust posted:

Hexcells infinite...

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Saint Freak posted:

I'm very fond of this but I've recently been using Knytt Underground for its super chill exploration. No combat, just simple movement puzzles and gorgeous backgrounds.

The character art is very... I like it but it's not great, so it's fortunate you don't see it very much.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Saint Freak posted:

+1. If you have a second monitor it's great to throw some dumb yt videos or a long LP and just... drive.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Civ has always been my game that I put on when I want to chill and then eventually get sucked in and ends up being the most mentally taxing thing I've done that day

it really is, like you remember your greatest victories and think "oh that was so easy!" and then all of a sudden you're at war with some guys up north, but it's tokugawa and montezuma so it's kind of a slog 'cause that's just how they play during war, and then all of a sudden alexander declares war on gandhi, but he has to march west through your territory to get there, so now he's bugging you to let a huge greek army into your borders and you're like i am not fuckin havin this

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Pokemon Snap 2 is going to be announced tomorrow during the Nintendo Direct.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

I said come in! posted:

:raise:

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Yo, how come i'm just finding out Gaymer X East 2017 had started a kickstarter like, weeks ago and it might not get funded at this rate. I was looking forward to going. :(

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

I said come in! posted:

man pokemon snap u would've been grrrrreat

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I remember when the first mortal kombat movie came out, I'd created this big plan where I'd try to convince the teachers at my school to take us on an overnight field trip to the drive-in so that I could go see it lol

My plan didn't work because I never found out the showtimes :P

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It wasn't even R-rated, was it? I remember that was a big complaint a lot of fans of the games had. And I mean yeah, if that movie had a ton of gore it would've been better. But it's still pretty much as good of an adaptation of the source material as you could possibly hope for.

Certainly better than that awful SUPER SERIOUS mini-series from a couple years back.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I have caught the mighty Neptoona and tasted of the victory heart piece.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

BigRed0427 posted:

Yo, how come i'm just finding out Gaymer X East 2017 had started a kickstarter like, weeks ago and it might not get funded at this rate. I was looking forward to going. :(

After Read Only Memories nobody wants to give them more money.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Guy Mann posted:

After Read Only Memories nobody wants to give them more money.

What was bad about that one again?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
their metaphor for transgender rights was getting furry gene therapy so you'd have sexy cat ears

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i need some help friends

i just got some really great weed and feel like getting a new game, so far i've got:

y's origins (i've never played y's before except the terrible Sierra port of 3)
injustice 2
little king's story
prey
friday the 13th because it sounds really interesting but i'm afraid that maybe nobody is playing it
????????

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

What platform are you on? Friday the 13th has tons of people playing it on pc, some on xbox, and loving no one on PS4.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i'm on ps4 :(

that really sucks. probably gonna be injustice 2 i guess. i think i'll actually walk to target and get a physical copy so i don't have to wait 6 hours for it to download.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i would drive but i am very stoned and also it's only like 2 miles down the beach

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ys Origin is fun but it's the most dungeon-crawly of the series

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

StrixNebulosa posted:

I'm very fond of this but I've recently been using Knytt Underground for its super chill exploration. No combat, just simple movement puzzles and gorgeous backgrounds.

The character art is very... I like it but it's not great, so it's fortunate you don't see it very much.

Have you played Within a Deep Forest? It's by the save developer and was freeware for a long time (probably still is). It has a lot of the exploration elements of Knytt but with an even more sparse story and is perfect for relaxing game time. You control a bouncing ball that can unlock different elements to transform into (iron, rubber, glass) and has a bunch of connected areas to explore. Check it out.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

precision posted:

i'm on ps4 :(

that really sucks. probably gonna be injustice 2 i guess. i think i'll actually walk to target and get a physical copy so i don't have to wait 6 hours for it to download.

Injustice 2 is a great game for being blazed if you have any passing interest in comics at all. That said, the opening of Prey was loving mindblowing in a way that Injustice never was.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The association between fighting games and weed seems pretty strong.

Wipeout seems more of a psychedelics/X game but you could probably make it work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otsTMJytt9A

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I'm watching a friend stream Thief and he's been walking through a featureless cave system and killing lizards with the worst combat ever for nearly an hour. A gaming masterpiece.

BITCHERINO
Aug 7, 2016
Prey is pretty loving fantastic

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BITCHERINO posted:

Prey is pretty loving fantastic

Its extremely broken on ps4 rn

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Play Little King's Story that game is chill as gently caress and has nice music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Ys Origin is all around a good game, if you're getting it for relatively cheap then you'll enjoy it if you like action rpgs :)

• Locked thread