Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

LifeSunDeath posted:

Valedictorian chat: I dated the year ahead of me's valedictorian and she was a v. religious catholic and I was not. Unsurprisingly she dumped me, but the shad was that not too long after she goes on this catholic trip to Rome and has sex for first time with some rando on the trip, didn't use birth control, gets knocked up, then has to drop out of college. I would have totally pulled out :/

Schadenfreude would've been on you, too, though; pulling out doesn't always work. Wrap it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
eh it mostly works, just don't get sloppy

probably wrap it tho

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Aerdan posted:

Schadenfreude would've been on you, too, though; pulling out doesn't always work. Wrap it.

guys that say it doesn't work and therefore they have children are liars. perfect record for 20 years of banging, two best friend same way.

Tip Shades
Oct 28, 2016

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

LifeSunDeath posted:

guys that say it doesn't work and therefore they have children are liars. perfect record for 20 years of banging, two best friend same way.

You’re shooting blanks.

Sorry you had to learn that on a dead gay comedy forum.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

LifeSunDeath posted:

Four times is hardly conclusive.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

LifeSunDeath posted:

We get it, you and your 2 friends hosed each other and all 3 of you pulled out, just go brag about it why don't you.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVcuH9dp1jk

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
i trust academic articles on the effectiveness of pulling out, which assert that with proper form it is in fact a viable method of birth control

what say you to that, dead gay comedy forums

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

KingSlime posted:

i trust academic articles on the effectiveness of pulling out, which assert that with proper form it is in fact a viable method of birth control

Enjoy parenthood.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

:smith: this is sad as gently caress. The first thing the black guy who's not really guilty of anything does is put his hands up then on his head.

Pretty lovely when it's safer to distrust the cops.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

KingSlime posted:

That it's less fun than if you don't pull out while using other reliable forms of birth control?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Iron Crowned posted:

It's honestly fascinating that the more I learn about Dan Akroyd, the more hosed up Dan Akroyd is.

Bill Murray was the best Ghostbuster anyway :colbert:

I think there are a few good reasons to hate Aykroyd but my personal one is that a man in a shower room once told me I looked like Aykroyd from behind.

In Coneheads 2. He was very specific about that and I just couldn't quite get what he was trying to say.

Pure seething hatred of that man ever since.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
u must have a terrible rear end

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

:smith: this is sad as gently caress. The first thing the black guy who's not really guilty of anything does is put his hands up then on his head.

Pretty lovely when it's safer to distrust the cops.

he ran a red hitting a cop, there was a cop behind him, and dashcam man also seems to be a cop. There was potentially something else going on here. Aos, If you broadside and roll a police car while running a red putting your hands on your head is probably a safe first step regardless of color

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Azhais posted:

he ran a red hitting a cop, there was a cop behind him, and dashcam man also seems to be a cop. There was potentially something else going on here. Aos, If you broadside and roll a police car while running a red putting your hands on your head is probably a safe first step regardless of color

Why would the entire intersection be a red? The thing that instigated it was someone running a red light next to 2 cops.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Azhais posted:

If you broadside and roll a police car while running a red putting your hands on your head is probably a safe first step regardless of color

True in the US.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Rick_Hunter posted:

Why would the entire intersection be a red? The thing that instigated it was someone running a red light next to 2 cops.

Exactly, the cop was actually running the red to get another car that had run it. Then some other guy comes along and t-bones the cop who is rushing through the red.

Still good idea on the "hand-ups, don't shoot!" pose.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

KingSlime posted:

i say that many things work in theory if followed properly and consistently but aren't effective in real life because people don't do things perfectly 100% of the time

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Azhais posted:

It was green for the guy who hit the cop

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Every time I see one of those giant huntsman spiders around the house I always think "Hey I should pick that up, that'd make a great photo" but I always chicken out. I know they're harmless but :ohdear:

I got one out of our cat's mouth once as a kid and it bit me and hung on while I wildly shook my hand. Paralysed my finger for half a day. I still love 'em, though.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Cops lights were flashing before he pulled into the intersection, there's no sound but I assume he blared the siren a couple times before pulling out into the intersection. It was atleast 3-4 seconds before the car that t-bones the cop does so, meaning they had to have seen the cop entering the intersection. They could have slowed down, but didn't. Someone probably wasnt paying attention to the road.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

LifeSunDeath posted:

:same:

Just gotta jump off way early,boyz

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Stringbean posted:

Cops lights were flashing before he pulled into the intersection, there's no sound but I assume he blared the siren a couple times before pulling out into the intersection. It was atleast 3-4 seconds before the car that t-bones the cop does so, meaning they had to have seen the cop entering the intersection. They could have slowed down, but didn't. Someone probably wasnt paying attention to the road.

The side of the vehicle doesn't have much in the way of flashing lights. If it were night and you could see the light, that's be one thing. But this is a cop car from the side in the day, unless you hear a siren or catch it at the right angle good luck.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-
https://i.imgur.com/7impx6v.gifv

waggles
Jul 21, 2011

Here to spread frog love.
Fallen Rib
One of the things that grinds my gears are people that abuse the privileges of the disabled like parking in handicap zones. Well an emotional support dog severely bit a passenger on a Delta flight. These support animals aren't recognized on the same level like service animals but there is a legal grey area on whether they can be allowed in public spaces. There are people who do need them to relieve anxiety and there are those that abuse that privilege.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

waggles posted:

One of the things that grinds my gears are people that abuse the privileges of the disabled like parking in handicap zones. Well an emotional support dog severely bit a passenger on a Delta flight. These support animals aren't recognized on the same level like service animals but there is a legal grey area on whether they can be allowed in public spaces. There are people who do need them to relieve anxiety and there are those that abuse that privilege.

quote:

"The gentleman’s face was completely bloody, blood in his eyes, cheeks, nose, his mouth, his shirt was covered in blood," passenger Bridget Maddox-Peoples told Fox 5.

Good lord, and they didn't put this dog down?

waggles
Jul 21, 2011

Here to spread frog love.
Fallen Rib
Not yet anyway, the story may have a follow up. The dog's a lab mix but what the parts are the article doesn't say.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Except if it was actually a good movie, they would have made more, and it wouldn't have been "too much" :iceburn:

Sorry Aykroyd but that wasn't the problem. The writing was a disaster. Good cast just given bad material to work with. Director completely misunderstood the point of Ghostbusters. Too much generic hollywood action movie, not enough old-school comedy heart.

iospace posted:

See, that's a legitimate criticism. The problem with criticism of 2016 Ghostbusters is it's hard to separate what was MRAs reacting to a female lead cast and actual legit things that could have been worked on.

Nah, it wasn't that hard to separate it, you just had to be willing to admit that there WAS legitimate criticism and doing so didn't make you a MRA.

The ones who really were MRAs were pretty easy to tell because they'd say something stupid about how the cast aren't funny (because SNL proves they're all hilarious)

Azhais posted:

Yeah, the female team didn't bother me at all (other than the fact that I really dislike Melissa McCarthy as an actress and would have been far happier with someone else). The "OMG GIRLS EW" complains I never did understand.

There was a lot of Poe's law going around I think. It become such a popular narrative across the internet that everybody was talking about it even if only a few trolls actually felt that way.

Zaphod42 has a new favorite as of 03:03 on Jun 6, 2017

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

waggles posted:

Not yet anyway, the story may have a follow up. The dog's a lab mix but what the parts are the article doesn't say.

I thought comfort animals were supposed to be like lap dogs and stuff. A lab, really?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Zaphod42 posted:

they'd say something stupid about how the cast aren't funny (because SNL proves they're all hilarious)

What? Get the gently caress out of here

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
It didn't help that Paul Feig's only skillset is directing comedy, his films look like absolute garbage. This is known as Whedon syndrome.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

syscall girl posted:

I thought comfort animals were supposed to be like lap dogs and stuff. A lab, really?

Legally, an ESA can be any creature of any species. You have to have a prescription from a physician or psychiatrist stating that your require the animal for emotional support. The ADA has super broad language around both service animals and ESA's, to help protect the disabled. Sadly, it's just led to a bunch of idiots gaming the language to let them have their rescue pitbull that was a bait dog with them in a loud, crowded spaces.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

waggles posted:

There are basically two things that ESAs get that normal pets don't: legally permitted to own even if the property owner forbids pets, and allowed to go on airplanes. That's pretty much it. Plenty of assholes try to claim their emotional support animal can go anywhere, however, and it basically preys on business owners' and retail workers' ignorance of the law. Predictable result: people with actual service animals get refused service.

The only animals that are legally required to be admitted (until they cause problems, that is) are service animals, and you're legally permitted to ask only two questions ("Is this animal a service animal?" and "What service does this animal perform?").

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Aerdan posted:

Plenty of assholes try to claim their emotional support animal can go anywhere, however, and it basically preys on business owners' and retail workers' ignorance of the law.
If you or anyone else hasn't read it, be sure to check out the New Yorker's classic piece on ESA's. The author gradually ups the ante with increasingly absurd ESA's and the places they take them into.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/10/20/pets-allowed/amp

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

NeurosisHead posted:

Legally, an ESA can be any creature of any species. You have to have a prescription from a physician or psychiatrist stating that your require the animal for emotional support. The ADA has super broad language around both service animals and ESA's, to help protect the disabled. Sadly, it's just led to a bunch of idiots gaming the language to let them have their rescue pitbull that was a bait dog with them in a loud, crowded spaces.

I mean, I knew that but seeing it in practice is a little much.

I am going to train a cat that can be my little hoodie buddy and go into conniptions if I can't have him on the plane with me. Honestly would you trust a strange cat on a plane?

They would do such mischief :allears:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Mohammed was fond of cats, for example aaaaand I just found a new watchlist to be on

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Becky never wanted Granddad at her funeral.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Aerdan posted:

There are basically two things that ESAs get that normal pets don't: legally permitted to own even if the property owner forbids pets, and allowed to go on airplanes. That's pretty much it. Plenty of assholes try to claim their emotional support animal can go anywhere, however, and it basically preys on business owners' and retail workers' ignorance of the law. Predictable result: people with actual service animals get refused service.

The only animals that are legally required to be admitted (until they cause problems, that is) are service animals, and you're legally permitted to ask only two questions ("Is this animal a service animal?" and "What service does this animal perform?").

My co-worker got an emotional support cat, but we used to joke that he should have gotten an emotional support whale and demand that the landlord put in a backyard pool.