Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Bad Moon posted:

Never stop Leper

You too Mel

I enjoy you both

can't stop won't stop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Everyone be yourself

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Was Keanu Reeves better in John Wick or The Matrix

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

a neat cape posted:

Wick

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
The Replacements

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Point Break

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Edge of Tomorrow was an incredibly entertaining movie. I liked it way more than I thought I would.

I hear rumors of it being in production from time to time, but I really hope they make a Pacific Rim 2 that is going back and telling the stories of the legendary jaegers/pilot crews.

I drink black coffee. I'll add sugar every now and them, same with creamer. But most of the time I'm just drinking it black. Idk, I didn't start drinking coffee that way, I just realized one day that I now preferred/drank my coffee black.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Also I have heard that Keanu is one of the genuinely nicest dudes in Hollywood

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
If step one of making coffee for you is "make it not taste like coffee" then maybe drink something else :v:

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

a neat cape posted:

Also I have heard that Keanu is one of the genuinely nicest dudes in Hollywood
Bad actors that continually get work tend to be very nice.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

My man

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Bad actors that continually get work tend to be very nice.

I read a critique somewhere that said John Wick was Keanu Reeve's best performance because it was the first time his emptiness felt deliberate and not accidental

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I had kind of gotten used to this av and stopped noticing it, but I just now posted then took a look at it and I can't stop giggling

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I watched the new John Wick this weekend and came away with some important questions. The events of this movie and the first are all because of a dead dog and a stolen car, right? So how many people have now been brutally murdered over this puppy? It's gotta be over a couple hundred at this point. I wondered how all these henchmen can continue to throw themselves at Wick even as they step over the pile of corpses' of their dead compatriots. And where do all these henchmen come from? After the events of John Wick 2 there is probably going to be a major shortage of henchmen. At least in Europe. I imagine the cost of your typical disposable henchmen has had to have at least doubled if not tripled overnight? Also is law enforcement on the take from all these organizations? I don't think I can even remember hearing a siren in the background during any of these brutal fights.

Finally... Jason Bourne vs John Wick, who ya got?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
A Walk in the Clouds

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I watched the new John Wick this weekend and came away with some important questions. The events of this movie and the first are all because of a dead dog and a stolen car, right? So how many people have now been brutally murdered over this puppy? It's gotta be over a couple hundred at this point. I wondered how all these henchmen can continue to throw themselves at Wick even as they step over the pile of corpses' of their dead compatriots. And where do all these henchmen come from? After the events of John Wick 2 there is probably going to be a major shortage of henchmen. At least in Europe. I imagine the cost of your typical disposable henchmen has had to have at least doubled if not tripled overnight? Also is law enforcement on the take from all these organizations? I don't think I can even remember hearing a siren in the background during any of these brutal fights.

Jack Bauer

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Wall of champions at the shop gym

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

We get it you hate dogs

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I was talking about Geisha coffee before, and here is the story behind it. Its a plant from Ethiopia that was imported to grow in Central America. It doesn't make a lot of beans, but the leaves secrete chemicals that are natural pesticides and fungicides, so they would plant a Geisha plant and then a few coffee plants, then another Geisha, etc. Eventually, the plantation sold to a new owner who at first wanted to rip out the Geisha plants and put in regular, since they made so few beans. Once they explained to him why it was important, he asked what they did with the beans, and they said they just tossed them in with the other plants. So, the new owner decided to collect them and see if they are different or interesting and it turns out it was a super delicious strain, so now the demand has done the reverse, which is to remove regular coffee plants and just grow Geisha. I have seen some places sell it for $75 a pound or more.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

a neat cape posted:

Constantine

Bourne

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P52G4Kyq5M

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

So good

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

"there were 18 middle eastern looking guys fleshed out enough to have a first and last name. 17 of them died, and the other was last seen clinging to life in a hospital bed. But hey, black president, can't be racist!"

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I've never watched an episode of 24. And now I'm glad.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I feel bad for you

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Samesies.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nah, just pretty good.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Neil Armbong posted:

Edge of Tomorrow was an incredibly entertaining movie. I liked it way more than I thought I would.

I hear rumors of it being in production from time to time, but I really hope they make a Pacific Rim 2 that is going back and telling the stories of the legendary jaegers/pilot crews.

I drink black coffee. I'll add sugar every now and them, same with creamer. But most of the time I'm just drinking it black. Idk, I didn't start drinking coffee that way, I just realized one day that I now preferred/drank my coffee black.

I hope if they do pacific rim 2 they do less character stuff and more sweet fights because the character stuff was boring and bad

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Ehud posted:

I hope if they do pacific rim 2 they do less character stuff and more sweet fights because the character stuff was boring and bad

Maybe a fight in the daytime :unsmith:?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Both Bill & Ted's

Be excellent to each other

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Watching a gators softball game in the college World Series

It is now the bottom of the 12th and it just got tied up again

Heading into the top of the 13th now. Longest game in CWS softball history

It's amazing how I can get invested in anything if it's Florida lol

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Eli Wiggum posted:

Both Bill & Ted's

Be excellent to each other

blew my tiny mind when I realised one of the dudes in shawshank was the reaper from bill & ted 2.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Keanu was hanging out at a street fest by me on Saturday but I didn't want to bother him for a picture or anything because he's nice and deserves his privacy

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Ehud posted:

yeah, same. i want to see some cherno alpha fights where they don't get wrecked super quick

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I haven't even begun to get to whatever the story is, but I will say Reality Winner is one loving hell of a name.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

JPrime posted:

blew my tiny mind when I realised one of the dudes in shawshank was the reaper from bill & ted 2.
:stare:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Ehud posted:

Watching a gators softball game in the college World Series

It is now the bottom of the 12th and it just got tied up again

Heading into the top of the 13th now. Longest game in CWS softball history

It's amazing how I can get invested in anything if it's Florida lol

For some reason they were airing a Florida baseball game while I was in Panama at a bar. Panama loves baseball, maybe more than soccer, and I randomly had a ton of Panamanians rooting for Florida with us.

The bar was called Wall Street and the price of drinks fluctuate based on demand, the more people buy, the more the price goes up. Its actually kind of fun because as the prices fall on the good stuff, people try to get in on the cheap deals, only to drive the price up and plummet the average stuff.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Buy cheap beer and Malort imo

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
CWS sucks this year. We were this close to PAC supremacy with UW v UO

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I don't see why people hate this thread. It's had its weird spots (mainly when RG3 posted here) but I enjoy Leperflesh and Mel's effortposts, or if I feel bored I'll scroll past them, no harm done.

Life update: still job hunting, still tons of phone interviews. Bound to hit gold one of these days!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Goons love hating things more than anything else.

They are desperate for it even.

• Locked thread