Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20811888/malthael%E2%80%99s-bargain-6-5-2017

Another event!

quote:

To celebrate Malthael’s entrance to the Nexus, as well as the Necromancer making his way out of the Eastern Swamps and into Diablo III: Reaper of Souls, we’ve struck an accord with the Aspect of Death himself. Agree to his bargain, complete his task, and reap… rewards!

It’s a simple task: Play 15 Games with friend in VS AI, QM, Ranked, and Unranked Draft as Heroes from the Diablo Universe. Once the bargain is struck and the task is complete, you’ll receive the following rewards:

Heroes of the Storm Rewards: Leoric’s Phantom Charger, 1x Epic Loot Chest
Diablo III PC Rewards: Ghost Kerrigan Wings

The event begins during the week of June 13, and lasts until June 26*

*Exact start and end dates may vary slightly by region.
Don’t dally, Heroes, now’s your time to find a friend and reap your rewards. We’ll see you in the Nexus!

Don't think it'll convince anybody to play more, as 15 games over 13 days isn't hard (though you must do Diablo heroes) but it's still nice to get free poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
They did get rid of Malf's MULE, though. :v:

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Bogart posted:

They did get rid of Malf's MULE, though. :v:

"How dare you!"

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Think they'll still do the big holiday bundles? Or are is everything going to be piece meal now? The sheer number of skins and mount variations coming up make me think it's going to be the latter. I think there's 6+ Tracer/Tychus/and surf board colors for the summer skins.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I wonder if UD will let you queue as non-Diablo heroes for completion.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Toshimo posted:

Hanamura is awful in QM because QM is about (1) getting do and (2) practising maps/heroes.

Hanamura has dick for XP and QM Hanamura plays nothing like TL/HL/Pro Hanamura so there's no value in QMing it.

You mean it plays nothing like pro. HL is a bunch of randos and HL teams below diamond aren't actually that organized

Also QM is for I want to play hots now with this character you sperg

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Thrall trip report:
Maelstrom Weapon is so insanely powerful holy poo poo. I think going Full Windfury after 7 (including Thrall's new Windfury Bolt) will probably be The New Meta for Thrall - it's so easy to get 100+ bonus damage by Level 13. The Resilience heal nerf sucks hard, but if you pick up the Double Chain Lightning quest you'll be able to make up the difference in pokes rather easily.

Malthael trip report:
A lot weaker than I expected, but can also do terrifying amounts of work if he's in his element. Will probably be a Meme Machine on Boss Objective maps like Battlefield, Garden, and Dragon Shire.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008

garthoneeye posted:

I can understand the Cleanse removal. Malf was too versatile before, there was nothing you needed a support to do that Malf couldn't do at least decently well. Without Cleanse, Malf now has a major weakness that can be counter drafted if you pick him too early. Granted that might be too much with his other nerfs, but it is a meaningful change that could make the support meta more open.

Plus of course it makes sense from The Lore perspective because you see if Malfurion had access to an ability like Cleanse then he would have been able to remove the demonic taint from the Moonwell thus dramatically altering the course of Azerothian history and the entire "Expanded Blizzard Universe" or as I like to call it the "EBU" :pseudo:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
more like EBUllience

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Power Bottom posted:

Thrall trip report:
Maelstrom Weapon is so insanely powerful holy poo poo. I think going Full Windfury after 7 (including Thrall's new Windfury Bolt) will probably be The New Meta for Thrall - it's so easy to get 100+ bonus damage by Level 13. The Resilience heal nerf sucks hard, but if you pick up the Double Chain Lightning quest you'll be able to make up the difference in pokes rather easily.

Malthael trip report:
A lot weaker than I expected, but can also do terrifying amounts of work if he's in his element. Will probably be a Meme Machine on Boss Objective maps like Battlefield, Garden, and Dragon Shire.

I really like the idea behind new Thrall and most of his new talents, with the exception of his weird 16 quest. The new Sundering 20 upgrade is cool

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Just did a Level 20 Thrall vs Level 20 Butcher duel in QM

Thrall won :pwn:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Yeah those malf nerfs seem a bit harsh. Also goes counter to the "We want supports with more utility and less heal throughput" mindset some of you are hoping for since the majority of that is removal or nerf of utility talents.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Guys they gave him a quest, chill out :v:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
He'll still be better than Rehgar, so...

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I've been seeing a lot of comments that Malf can't really be played as a solo healer due to lack of cleanse and his other nerfs. If that's the case, who is there left apart from Uther and Rehgar? Auriel can be, but she's reliant on having a big damage dealer on the team.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
So in a team fight it's like impossible to tell what Maltheal is doing to you. You just see him moving around and oh poo poo I just lost a bunch of life, ok there goes the other 40% at once, oh now I'm dead. Did he ever touch me? Well he must have...

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I would be confident with Malf and Zarya on the team. Uther brings not only heals but anti burst with his armor and lots of stuns. It's less that the other supports are bad and more that Uther is very good.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Lucio can still solo heal, though he's obviously weak to burst and sustained single-target.

If you're lower than Diamond you can probably solo heal Li Li and Kharazim as well. I'm not sure Morales is so bad either, if you can draft a team for her.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

jimmydalad posted:

I've been seeing a lot of comments that Malf can't really be played as a solo healer due to lack of cleanse and his other nerfs. If that's the case, who is there left apart from Uther and Rehgar? Auriel can be, but she's reliant on having a big damage dealer on the team.

That's ridiculous. Cleanse isn't mandatory on anyone. It's an always situational thing based on the number of hard CC on the enemy team and the number of high value low mobility targets on your team. It also generally competes with high value skill improving talents which are foregone in those situations.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Machine Gun Moonfire Malfurion puts out a concerning amount of damage, by the way.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Cleanse isn't a requirement to be a good healer. Like, lucio is still pretty good and he never had cleanse. Removing cleanse from malf just removes one of his options. Less options is what makes a character worse in comparison, if what they excel at isn't great to begin with. Like uther probably heals very little but he provides so much utility, and morales heals a ton but has almost zero utility. Malf can do everything.

If malf can still put up respectable healing numbers and be a rooting + innervate machine, he'll still get picked. Nerfing him is probably correct, though, he's so good.

edit: yeah, moonfire is still a really good interrupt for a lot of maps, too.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Power Bottom posted:

Machine Gun Moonfire Malfurion puts out a concerning amount of damage, by the way.

That's promising, Moonfire was already a crazy good last hit snipe on runners.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

How long do ptr last? Wondering how long I'd have to save lootboxes if I want to hold off until the event to open them.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Tender Bender posted:

How long do ptr last? Wondering how long I'd have to save lootboxes if I want to hold off until the event to open them.

Patch will probably hit next week.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Libertine posted:

That's ridiculous. Cleanse isn't mandatory on anyone. It's an always situational thing based on the number of hard CC on the enemy team and the number of high value low mobility targets on your team. It also generally competes with high value skill improving talents which are foregone in those situations.

I was more referring to the removal of cleanse being petty in terms of a clear move to get him out of competitive popularity as a solo healer. I imagine he'll still be OK in most HL or QM or w/e games without heavy CC, it just seems odd to remove it without really explaining why or getting rid of a lot of his other generics as well. Feels like a half finished rework

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Like, lucio is still pretty good and he never had cleanse.

Lucio is still pretty good? He is literally the lowest winrate support at 46% all 48% looking from gold up

You do realize he was nerfed right

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

thechalkoutline posted:

Lucio is still pretty good? He is literally the lowest winrate support at 46% all 48% looking from gold up

It's actualy 48.53%

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
What are people's thoughts on Malf's new "Enemy Heroes caught in your Entangling Roots take 30% less healing while Rooted" talent?

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

thechalkoutline posted:

I still like Lucio and no amount of percentages or numbers will make me stop picking him

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I know he was nerfed, but I will still happily take him in the right comp as solo heal if malf is gone.

Are we doing hotdog chat now? Because probius is at 56.6% right now so that makes him first pick/ban worthy?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Playing Malf honestly feels a lot more chill now. I always stress about Cleanse and poo poo, but now that it's gone that's one less thing I have to worry about.

Also, Machine Gun Moonfire completely shuts down stealthy characters and rips through Minion waves really well. Nu-Malf pairs exceptionally with a characters that lack waveclear or rely on non-piercing skillshots - he's probably going to be a REALLY nasty customer when paired with Li Ming.

Edit:

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Are we doing hotdog chat now? Because probius is at 56.6% right now so that makes him first pick/ban worthy?

Check that 4.9% Popularity, though. Probius has a high winrate, but he's also extremely easy to counter. From my experience, he's typically picked in one of two situations:

1) When the opposing team cannot counter him easily, giving him the opportunity to go wild regardless of where he is.
2) It's Braxis Holdout, a map he's almost perfectly designed for.

Kith fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jun 6, 2017

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
Is Drakken Laser Drill bugged? I had to furiously mash R to get it to deploy at all in this last game. Switching targets worked fine.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I noticed that too

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Blackheart's Bay is rotating back in, let the pain speak to us all.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

1982 Subaru Brat posted:

Is Drakken Laser Drill bugged? I had to furiously mash R to get it to deploy at all in this last game. Switching targets worked fine.

The hitbox for placement seems to be different from what it looks like visually.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

NeurosisHead posted:

The hitbox for placement seems to be different from what it looks like visually.

Same as Nydus Network.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Personally I am really excited for the special taunt unlocks. People need to taunt, dance, and use sprays more, especially in early lane phase where you have ample time to clown around.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Is it mashing it in the same spot? Or are you moving the mouse a little? I wonder if it's the same problem nydus has with a fat footprint.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
Can anyone help me figure out how one is supposed to use Zeratul's T1 Talent, Vorpal Blade (teleport to last non-Structure Basic Attack Target, w/in three seconds). It seems like you should be able to do some fancy things with it, but so far all I can really see it doing is A.) helping with chase, to maybe land an extra Cleave+AA, and B.) doing a little bit of a fake-out after a surprise attack, to look like you're bugging out but actually porting back for another salvo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Oh god that loading screen on the PTR :barf: