Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Brainiac Five posted:

$25/hr, indexed to median wages, GMI gradually transferring to Basic Income. And guaranteed access to affordable housing and free universal childcare and a nationalized healthcare, pharmaceutical, and medical device system.

Hillary Clinton supported none of these things so why did you waste 2 years of your life knocking everything you just listed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Brainiac Five posted:

$25/hr, indexed to median wages, GMI gradually transferring to Basic Income. And guaranteed access to affordable housing and free universal childcare and a nationalized healthcare, pharmaceutical, and medical device system.

All of this is great, how do we get there?

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

NewForumSoftware posted:

I mean, I agree with you, but that doesn't have anything to do with the fact that civil rights legislation has been absolute poo poo for the past 40 years and the Democrats can and should do better. Not choosing the candidate who coined the term superpredators as their 2016 nominee would have been a good start.

glad u came along to save the black community from voting for kkkillary kkkitler ben ghazi kkklinton

o wait

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

NewForumSoftware posted:

You can't choose your race but you can choose your class.

lol

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

NewForumSoftware posted:

All of this is great, how do we get there?

Emasculating EugeneJ on live teevee.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Brainiac Five posted:

Oh so it's not consensual when you get powerbombed through the table?

We already know you're a complete ghoul, Eff. You don't need to keep insisting.

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

stone cold posted:

glad u came along to save the black community from voting for kkkillary kkkitler ben ghazi kkklinton

o wait

lol it's not my job to save anyone, I just think having the less racist and rich presidential nominee probably improves our chances for having someone in power who actually wants to change the status quo

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

EugeneJ posted:

Hillary Clinton supported none of these things so why did you waste 2 years of your life knocking everything you just listed

Universal childcare was a major part of Clinton's platform, lol. But I'm endowed with the mystical knowledge of how liberal democracy functions so I know that voting is not an effectual means to push for policy compared to the alternatives.

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Brainiac Five posted:

Universal childcare was a major part of Clinton's platform, lol. But I'm endowed with the mystical knowledge of how liberal democracy functions so I know that voting is not an effectual means to push for policy compared to the alternatives.

Only 5 years after Bernie Sanders https://www.sanders.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/release-sanders-proposes-early-child-care-program

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

NewForumSoftware posted:

lol it's not my job to save anyone, I just think having the less racist and rich presidential nominee probably improves our chances for having someone in power who actually wants to change the status quo

right which is why poc voters overwhelmingly went for

hmmm

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

NewForumSoftware posted:

I don't think the guy with three homes who's a multimillionaire has meaningfully different class interests from Hillary Clinton. That's kind of an interesting tack to take.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

So if these are the things you want why support Clinton or the Democratic party as it exists? How does the current strategy of triangulation make this possible at all?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Brainiac Five posted:

Universal childcare was a major part of Clinton's platform, lol.

So you admit that you gave no poo poo about any of the progressive policies you just listed besides this one, and that you actively worked to kill them

Congrats

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

stone cold posted:

right which is why poc voters overwhelmingly went for

hmmm

Wait so because poc voters voted for Clinton she was the less racist choice? How does that follow?

Brainiac Five posted:

I don't think the guy with three homes who's a multimillionaire has meaningfully different class interests from Hillary Clinton. That's kind of an interesting tack to take.

Lesser of two evils

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

flashman posted:

So if these are the things you want why support Clinton or the Democratic party as it exists? How does the current strategy of triangulation make this possible at all?

whoah it must've been really weird for you to step in that time machine back to 1994 and somehow still post to dead forums

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

NewForumSoftware posted:

Wait so because poc voters voted for Clinton she was the less racist choice? How does that follow?

:thunk:

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

flashman posted:

Well, flashy, the answer is that you don't sit around waiting for a heavenly superperson to divine what you want, you make noise and form pressure groups like the AARP or BLM to shape what politicians believe in and push for. You engage in massive acts of public protest. You force politicians to make a choice between doing the right thing and being seriously inconvenienced, at a minimum.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

NewForumSoftware posted:

Lesser of two evils

POC are unable to think for themselves?

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Brainiac Five posted:

Well, flashy, the answer is that you don't sit around waiting for a heavenly superperson to divine what you want, you make noise and form pressure groups like the AARP or BLM to shape what politicians believe in and push for. You engage in massive acts of public protest. You force politicians to make a choice between doing the right thing and being seriously inconvenienced, at a minimum.
And that's why you support Bernie Sanders.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

stone cold posted:

whoah it must've been really weird for you to step in that time machine back to 1994 and somehow still post to dead forums

I mean we just discussed ad naseum the article about courting the Romney to Clinton Republicans.. creating a coalition of centrists based upon social wedge issue isn't about to usher in the policies described. Look at the ACA..

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Brainiac Five posted:

You can :thunk: all you want, the idea that every voter is well informed and makes the best choice given the facts is lunacy.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

rudatron posted:

And that's why you support Bernie Sanders.

No? Y'all think of him as the heavenly superperson I was talking about.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Brainiac Five posted:

Can I buy your Correct the Record flowchart?

Whenever you're done with it, of course

You're not done with it, are you?

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

NewForumSoftware posted:

You can :thunk: all you want, the idea that every voter is well informed and makes the best choice given the facts is lunacy.

That doesn't make the aggregate meaningless, however, unless we're insisting that Bernie Sanders was definitely the less racist candidate by received truth.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

EugeneJ posted:

Can I buy your Correct the Record flowchart?

Whenever you're done with it, of course

You're not done with it, are you?

So have you given up on your quest to doxx and probably murder fishmech?

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Brainiac Five posted:

No? Y'all think of him as the heavenly superperson I was talking about.
Bernie is doing all of those things you want. As are the DSA, the same group you talked about 'strangling'.

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Brainiac Five posted:

That doesn't make the aggregate meaningless, however, unless we're insisting that Bernie Sanders was definitely the less racist candidate by received truth.

I never said it was meaningless, just that Bernie Sanders record on civil rights and antiracism is spotless compared to Hillary Clinton's. "Well black people voted for her" isn't really a counter to that argument.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Brainiac Five posted:

So have you given up on your quest to doxx and probably murder fishmech?

If I fulfilled your fantasies it would probably involve a 70-year old woman reading Mein Kampf to your diapered body

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

rudatron posted:

Bernie is doing all of those things you want. As are the DSA, the same group you talked about 'strangling'.

Putting your faith in politicians is asinine, the DSA are a bunch of clowns without any ideological discipline.

NewForumSoftware posted:

I never said it was meaningless, just that Bernie Sanders record on civil rights and antiracism is spotless compared to Hillary Clinton's. "Well black people voted for her" isn't really a counter to that argument.

Actually, people who experience racism directly choosing one candidate over another does counter the argument that it's inherently clear which one was less racist than the other, unless we assume racial minorities are unable to understand racism for some reason. In theory, you might even ask people of color who supported Clinton why they did so.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

Brainiac Five posted:

A lot of white people voted for Trump. Are poc inherently superior to whites or are they also able to vote for the worse candidate?

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Futuresight posted:

A lot of white people voted for Trump. Are poc inherently superior to whites or are they also able to vote for the worse candidate?

What?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Brainiac Five posted:

Putting your faith in politicians is asinine, the DSA are a bunch of clowns without any ideological discipline.

Where do you put your faith, then?

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

WampaLord posted:

Where do you put your faith, then?

This red right hand of mine.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

That <demographic> voted for <candidate> is not evidence that <candidate> was the best choice for <demographic>. We saw this in practice when white people voted Trump into the Whitehouse. So unless you're going to argue that POC are immune to voting in the worst candidate unlike white people, then you can't just be like poc voted for her therefore she was the best choice for them.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

NewForumSoftware posted:

now tell me about the dem plantation

:allears:

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Futuresight posted:

That <demographic> voted for <candidate> is not evidence that <candidate> was the best choice for <demographic>. We saw this in practice when white people voted Trump into the Whitehouse. So unless you're going to argue that POC are immune to voting in the worst candidate unlike white people, then you can't just be like poc voted for her therefore she was the best choice for them.

White people voting for the white supremacist candidate agrees with my post entirely, though.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Brainiac Five posted:

Brainiac Five posted:

I'm kinda confused; how are all these great things going to come about without any of the following:

-Politicians
-Leftist/DSA (who you've indicated your displeasure towards)
-Liberal Centrist (who you've also scoffed at in various threads)

Brainiac Five posted:

This red right hand of mine.

Ah, of course.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

BadOptics posted:

I'm kinda confused; how are all these great things going to come about without any of the following:

-Politicians

Ah, of course.

Not putting your faith in politicians as your personal Messianic figures doesn't translate to eliminating them, the DSA is not the sum total of leftism, and your flailing about is pathetic.

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

BadOptics posted:

-Politicians

By using them as tools rather than putting faith in them, is I think the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
White supremacists vote against their actual material interests all the loving time by virtue of their stupid ideology so I wouldn't use them as evidence for voters making correct choices.

• Locked thread