Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Ps: some solidly executed expression in cio's last panel there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

SniperWoreConverse posted:

When Allison conquers all universes she should flip it backwards and make him the one who's ended up with an ironic devil deal.

Allison already seems like she's the Devil everyone is trying to make a deal with. Unlike like princess or incubus, I feel like Myself would realize that

e: Like both princess and incubus sold their souls to Allison in a (terrible) bid for power.

treasured8elief fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jun 3, 2017

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I hope when we finally see Himself he's something straight out of Monstress. Like, a loving skyscraper of tentacles-with-eyes.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

The true form of Himself:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

When Allison conquers all universes she should flip it backwards and make him the one who's ended up with an ironic devil deal.

It's pretty easy to get from "remember me when you become a god" to "hey, remember that ultra-boss I met back in level 2? I can totally waste that guy now!"

yonah
May 30, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
alison obviously hasn't thought too hard about mottom's buttfruit either if she's only just now starting to freak out about human candy

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Poltergrift posted:

I wonder how it will alter the cool heist dynamic to know that every other member of the group has, at some point, killed and eaten a human being.

Listen dude if you're pulling a bank job with professional human criminals its statistically probable that they've killed someone before. Allison actually witnessed Cio slaughter multiple people in their escape from the brothel.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Motherfucker posted:

Listen dude if you're pulling a bank job with professional human criminals its statistically probable that they've killed someone before. Allison actually witnessed Cio slaughter multiple people in their escape from the brothel.

It's mostly the eating that I imagine would make things more complex. Like, Cio presumably knows what Allison would taste like with a maple glaze, and being actively aware of that would definitely mess with me were I in her situation.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Sympathy for the devil?
Motherfucker.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I love the way the speech bubbles wrap around the bars of the cage

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
What made those gouges on Himself's cage? His claws, or his speech bubbles?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Pureauthor posted:

He got them during bar brawls.

You should have seen the other guys.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Cat Mattress posted:

He got them during bar brawls.

You should have seen the other guys.

I hear they can store him in a cardboard box now

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Oh yeah, c'mon. Everyone knows how sympathy for the devil ends up.

With a drive over a bridge and end credits? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LyG0S_arq8

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Say Nothing posted:

Sympathy for the devil?
Motherfucker.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Hrm. Pink highlights to her crown this time.

I am so looking forward to the reckoning with Incubus

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Pureauthor posted:

treasured8elief fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Jun 4, 2017

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

Begemot posted:

The true form of Himself:

This thread has broken me, I was fully expecting Clevin.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Poltergrift posted:

It's mostly the eating that I imagine would make things more complex. Like, Cio presumably knows what Allison would taste like with a maple glaze, and being actively aware of that would definitely mess with me were I in her situation.

Hey if you kill it and don't eat it that's basically food waste.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Raposa posted:

This thread has broken me, I was fully expecting Clevin.

Well I could stick in Clevin's face inside the cage, but it's just so obvious now. I'm waiting for real Clevinspiration.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jun 4, 2017

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Poltergrift posted:

the answer is "kind of like pork"

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Well I could stick in Clevin's face inside the cage, but it's just so obvious now. I'm waiting for real Clevinspiration.

the stamp

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

A completely unrelated thing: Satan is my favorite bible guy. The Job-style version, I mean. Meeting dudes in deserts, etc. Testing. Proofing people. Whatever these masked things are, they're not like that.

Everyone always goes with the same basic devil molds. Prideful rear end in a top hat, Byronic Anti-Hero, Price of Lies, blah blah. I want someone to go for the more esoteric, I want the Sufi Devil. I want the one who fell because he refused to love anything as much as God, and saw the command to kneel to Adam and his subsequent banishment as a test of his love for God. The one who is the Job of his own story. I want that Satan. Failing that though the Adversary as "bad cop" is a close second.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Oh yeah, c'mon. Everyone knows how sympathy for the devil ends up.

I'd instantly accept anyway.

A completely unrelated thing: Satan is my favorite bible guy. The Job-style version, I mean. Meeting dudes in deserts, etc. Testing. Proofing people. Whatever these masked things are, they're not like that.

I don't think KSBD's mythology mirrors the Abrahamic one at all. The devils aren't the Devil, Himself isn't based on any version of Satan, he's more like Ravana or something. The Satan of Job or Paradise Lost or dueling fiddles on a hickory stump is basically all about people, testing them or bilking them for their souls; whereas Throne's a more polytheistic place where people don't occupy any special place versus all the other supernatural gribblies that occupy the universe, and there's not really much difference between a demon king and a regular king from one of those absolute dick countries next door that keeps looting us.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jun 5, 2017

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I don't think KSBD's mythology mirrors the Abrahamic one at all. The devils aren't the Devil, Himself isn't based on any version of Satan, he's more like Ravana or something. The Satan of Job or Paradise Lost or dueling fiddles on a hickory stump is basically all about people, testing them or bilking them for their souls; whereas Throne's a more polytheistic place where people don't occupy any special place versus all the other supernatural gribblies that occupy the universe, and there's not really much difference between a demon king and a regular king from one of those absolute dick countries next door that keeps looting us.

I don't think the gods even made the devils in this story. They are just a chaotic mass given personalities by power hungry humans.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

wiegieman posted:

I hope when we finally see Himself he's something straight out of Monstress. Like, a loving skyscraper of tentacles-with-eyes.

YAAAAAASSSS Art Nouveau elder gods everywhere.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Dmitri-9 posted:

I don't think the gods even made the devils in this story. They are just a chaotic mass given personalities by power hungry humans.

Well, they made the black flame, if not the devils you can actually have a beer with. Everything but the servants is sort of a factory reject on the way to making the stuff they wanted to make.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nah they didnt make the flame, it always existed

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i mean we v obviously are talking about a specific, only reasonably true viewpoint on the creation of the multiverse and the genesis of the flame immortal, but

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

So you're saying they didn't start the fire?

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

Bongo Bill posted:

So you're saying they didn't start the fire?

It's been burning since the Wheel's been turning.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

The Gods didn't create anything, as they're simply an aspect of I

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Tollymain posted:

nah they didnt make the flame, it always existed

http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-1-2/

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Yeah, they didn't make it. In fact, no god or goddess ever worked the black flame. It was mortals that called the devils out of the void as gave them shapes and names and masks. Not even Aesma managed to be that stupid directly, she had to pull it off by proxy.

paragon1 fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jun 6, 2017

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

courtesy of the ksbd discord

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
humans are also the black flame, though i forget if they were specifically created by the gods or just sprung into existence as the inheritors of the 777,777 universes

e: im a dumbass aesma worked the warm black flame

i do gotta say that for all the power of the gods humans apparently beat them out in hubris

gods: "this hot black flame seems a bit too dangerous and difficult to mess with, cast it into the void and leave it be"
humans: "so i just found this insanely corrosive, voracious force that naturally manifests as horrifying abominations; i know, ill slap personality and intellect on it, lets see where this goes"

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jun 6, 2017

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
clevin, aesma's second mistake...

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Tollymain posted:

humans are also the black flame, though i forget if they were specifically created by the gods or just sprung into existence as the inheritors of the 777,777 universes

e: im a dumbass aesma worked the warm black flame

i do gotta say that for all the power of the gods humans apparently beat them out in hubris

gods: "this hot black flame seems a bit too dangerous and difficult to mess with, cast it into the void and leave it be"
humans: "so i just found this insanely corrosive, voracious force that naturally manifests as horrifying abominations; i know, ill slap personality and intellect on it, lets see where this goes"

Pretty much, although to be fair nothing is crueler than forcing your insecurities and fears on an innocent corrosive, volatile force that just happens to be floating harmlessly in a void.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Reene posted:

courtesy of the ksbd discord

BEGONE, THOT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Preview is looking pretty excellent update should be worth the wait