Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Possibly counterfeit 50 is good misdirect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

maskenfreiheit posted:

Something just occurred to me: how does Chuck cool his house in the summer?

usually what you might do is open all the windows at night to let in cool air, then seal the house up and draw the curtains/blinds during the day to keep out sunlight and prevent the cool air from heating up

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

CaptainCaveman posted:

I am weirdly happy for Chuck managing to go grocery shopping by himself.
Why are you happy for Chuck managing to do anything

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
SWISH!!!

OUR BOY DID IT, HE'S GOING TO THE PRO-LEAGUE.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
sweet as a ballerina

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
HE SCORES

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
That was loving tense.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Nothin' but Net.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Argus Zant posted:

usually what you might do is open all the windows at night to let in cool air, then seal the house up and draw the curtains/blinds during the day to keep out sunlight and prevent the cool air from heating up

Yeah but doesn't ABQ get really hot? Hot enough that wouldn't be sufficient?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

This show is so good at TENSION

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

TBeats posted:

Im not sure you can practice that like a jump shot

OH YEAH???

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

Speaking of cooling one's house.

gently caress chuck :colbert:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That was loving tense.
If he had missed that shot, he would've been dead :ohdear:

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.
[quote="“Rageaholic Monkey”" post="“473081688”"]
[/quote]

I don’t know! I enjoy hating him as much as everybody else but for some reason I liked that bit.

Vilos Cohaagen
Jul 25, 2007
THINK? I DON'T GIVE YOU ENOUGH INFORMATION TO THINK!
amazing buildup of tension there despite knowing how this is eventually going to end.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

kefkafloyd posted:

Nothin' but Net.

FROM DOWNTOWN!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

If he had missed that shot, he would've been dead :ohdear:

I mean, there's a chance he can play that off, oops I knocked your coat or something, but yeah it would have been really bad times.

I like the fancy little two container setup he had for the pills, and how he matched up how many were in the bottle. Hector you in for some bad times hombre.

Busting the AC was a really nice touch, I was like why is he doing that and then wham it came together real good. Still a drat fine show.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

maskenfreiheit posted:

Yeah but doesn't ABQ get really hot? Hot enough that wouldn't be sufficient?

The elevation keeps it cooler than people expect, it's considered a cold semi-arid zone. Think Denver not Phoenix.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That was loving tense.
Almost as tense as the bridge scene in Sorcer

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Jimmy gonna lead a Community Service revolt

Or just use his slippin jimmy powers for money

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Jimmy's got his groove back.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
Yeah, litigation bitches!

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Aaaaand there is Saul Goodman truly born.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jimmy is one talented motherfucker :smug:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

I think that would be the "Chimp with a machine gun" that Chuck was referring to.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

Gus sure seems reluctant to work with him after offering him a job.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
I would not take money from your family :colbert:

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

And thus was the power team formed.

Until some stupid highschool teacher fucks it all up years from now, at least.

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

Gus openly associating with someone that clearly has issues with, and has been in altercations with, the Salamancas brings too much attention to Gus wanting to sabotage and gently caress them over in his own less overt ways.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
No calling him Jimmy anymore.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Zebulon posted:

And thus was the power team formed.

Until some stupid highschool teacher fucks it all up years from now, at least.

Watching all this and knowing what happens, they had everything running so good till Walt came on board.

/\/\/\ nice avatar

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

He meant in something like "works security for Pollos for laundering purposes."

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

The job was for him to keep attacking his trucks, lol. He knew he would get caught at one point and still harm the old guy.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Winkie01 posted:

Watching all this and knowing what happens, they had everything running so good till Walt came on board.

Yeah you really feel for Mike now when later he's like we had a good thing going, we had Fring, and then you had to ruin it. I don't think you get a more well oiled meth machine than carting the product in your multi-state distribution network, working on exporting it to eastern Europe through Lydia, a steady stream of the drug components, a major corporation to launder money through, and an expert chemist you hand-selected and groomed to run your multi-million dollar hidden drug lab.

It's made pretty clear in the 4x01 scene with Gus and Gail unboxing stuff in the lab that Fring would have been on easy street if he just ignored Walt and Jesse, but he just couldn't resist going for absolute perfection, and if Walt had been willing to let Jesse die he would've had it. I do wonder how exactly the cartel stuff would've gone down, it'd be interesting to say the least if Fring had been forced to take Gail down there instead of Jesse when they were making "peace".

Also worth noting that Gus and Mike would have had 0 problems with the police/DEA if Walt didn't come in, their only lead was Gail's notebook and you don't get to that without Walt and Jesse involved.

Zebulon posted:

Gus openly associating with someone that clearly has issues with, and has been in altercations with, the Salamancas brings too much attention to Gus wanting to sabotage and gently caress them over in his own less overt ways.

True, Mike's listed as head of corporate security by the time we get toward the end of Breaking Bad, so I feel like he puts him in a low-tier security position at first and then promotes him from there. I'm sure Gus has a proper plan though, and I'm eager to see what it is beyond "wait for Hector to be crippled and then assume the cartel doesn't care enough about Mike to keep a close bead on him." Maybe the degree of difficulty is Mike humbling himself to the cartel or something?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

NowonSA posted:

True, Mike's listed as head of corporate security by the time we get toward the end of Breaking Bad, so I feel like he puts him in a low-tier security position at first and then promotes him from there. I'm sure Gus has a proper plan though, and I'm eager to see what it is beyond "wait for Hector to be crippled and then assume the cartel doesn't care enough about Mike to keep a close bead on him." Maybe the degree of difficulty is Mike humbling himself to the cartel or something?

5 years from now in the Breaking Bad years Tuco is too methed out to be a threat and Tio is a stroked out cripple, the Salamancas really aren't a concern or threat so there's far less issue with having Mike around. It's not hard to figure no one else in the Cartels knew or cared about some old man having a fist fight with Tuco and getting him thrown in jail for half a year.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm very concerned now about how the whole "switch the pills back" part of the plan is gonna go. When I imagined it earlier I was picturing that the swap would be much easier if he had a similar pill bottle. It does make sense that he didn't have access to one that would fool Hector and he wanted to get the pill count right, but it means it's going to be a lot harder than I thought it would be to make the second switch. He has no idea the circumstances Hector will be in when it happens or if he'll have any opportunity to spend the somewhat lengthy amount of time required to swap unnoticed. Watch out Nacho :ohdear:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So Chuck is gonna come back and try to get revenge on Jimmy and he loses again and finally goes crazy?

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Because he's a sad broken man and it's a healthy part of being human to feel compassion and empathy for such people when they make strides toward getting better.

Tenzarin posted:

So Chuck is gonna come back and try to get revenge on Jimmy and he loses again and finally goes crazy?

Or Chuck finally decides to let it go but Jimmy can't and he ends up going full Saul and destroying everything.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Did anyone else rewind to see if Purple Sweater was Marie?

It's not

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
Anyway I like how this last scene sets up in a small way how Jimmy first starts working with and sharing profits with drug dealers. It's small-time and relatively harmless now, but eventually Jimmy's going to keep pushing it further and further until he's finally setting himself up as the consigliere of a regional meth lord.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Highlights this week were the unexpected return of Marco, Michael McKean making me root for Chuck a little, all things Nacho, and Howard showing his teeth to a defiant, confident Kim.

Slow zoom when she's on the phone with the new client though? She's doomed :(

Also my current prediction is that this endeavor ends about as poorly as possible for Nacho and Krazy 8 takes over his spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Hamlin mentions he's been busting rear end for the last two weeks trying to repair the damage that was done in the bar hearing, so that's the bare minimum time lapse between last episode and this one.

• Locked thread