Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Caros
May 14, 2008

graham cracker posted:

Can we get an episode where EVERYONE decides to get their driver's training and it ends up like a round of mario kart?

Dragonball Super Manga chapter 17 has an entire thing on this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
God, that page is like a summation of everything Vegeta is.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

It's...perfect.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I thought people were saying the Super manga was bad?

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Like all of Super and a fair chunk of Z, it follows the rule of the "filler" material being better than the main story. The manga just has much, much less of it than the anime.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
Leaks "confirmed"

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ekusukariba posted:

Leaks "confirmed"

I will be content to lose Frieza if he is replaced with Ultimate Yamcha, but only begrudgingly

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I thought people were saying the Super manga was bad?

The DBS manga is a compendium of fanfics.

9 out of 10 fanfics are bad.

That page is the one fanfic that is good and my friend.

Ekusukariba posted:

Leaks "confirmed"

is that a new chapter of the Yamcha manga?

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Rutibex posted:

I will be content to lose Frieza if he is replaced with Ultimate Yamcha, but only begrudgingly

Is that from the "Anime Nerd in Yamcha Body" manga?

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
Its just a fan made page from when Resurrection 'F' was coming out as far as i could find

Caros
May 14, 2008

Ekusukariba posted:

Its just a fan made page from when Resurrection 'F' was coming out as far as i could find

It's this. It was part of the whole 'oh frieza came back, too bad he is a bitch by modern standards' schtick.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That would have been much more interesting than what we got.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

What you want is a story where Pilaf is an actual threat, without actually hulking out into some sort of Garlic Jr rehash. Or any villain that's able to best the heroes without being stronger at punching than them.

Maybe an Evil Bulma arc.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the less pilaf the better

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
Ten pages back, but

ABallRelaxer posted:

1 or 2 pixels thinner
more clear red now as well.
E: sorry colorblind people, I'll post a proper red one later
E2:

I still have :30bux: burning a hole in my pocket for this. Does the final version work for the folks who couldn't see the earlier ones?

also should it be :godout: or :frogoutred: or what

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Rhjamiz posted:

Is that from the "Anime Nerd in Yamcha Body" manga?

It's by the same guy but it's a separate thing.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Super Saiyan after Goku's initial transformation by necessity has to have a way to trigger it that isn't "I'm so loving angry" because nobody is that angry all the time, not even Vegeta. They never actually explained how they did it but the mere fact that Goku and Gohan ran around as Chill Super Saiyans prior to the Cell Games shows that it's not just a waaaage thing."You have to focus your chi on a specific point in your body" is as sensible as anything especially when you remember that Saiyans already have one transformation focused around a specific point on their back (or rather tail) anyway.

True but they also said it caused a lot of emotion. They specifically tried to make Super Saiyan feel natural/relaxing instead of Ragey/Edgy. "Removing their Wild Emotions"

Kild fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Jun 6, 2017

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This transformation bit between U7 and U6 really just confirms that Goku and Vegeta are horrible instructors who are bad at explaining things.

"Just feel more angry, guys, cmon!"

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Legitimate episode 95 summary was released, so, hmmm:

Episode 94 (11 June)
The emperor of Evil's Resurrection! A greeting from mysterious assassins!?
Goku heads towards Fortune-Teller Baba's house to meet with Freeza who has been successfully recruited into being the 10th member for Universe 7. Goten and Trunks visit South Island which #17 looks after.
Episode 95 (18 June)
Goku and Freeza fight together - The 4th Universe's Trap
Members of Universe 9 arrive to Universe 7's Earth to target Freeza. Goku and Freeza are forced to struggle with the belligerent party whilst Universe 4's God of Destruction, Quitela, comes up with a secret plan.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Darko posted:

Episode 94 (11 June)
Goku heads towards Fortune-Teller Baba's house to meet with Freeza who has been successfully recruited into being the 10th member for Universe 7. Goten and Trunks visit South Island which #17 looks after.
Episode 95 (18 June)
Members of Universe 9 arrive to Universe 7's Earth to target Freeza. Goku and Freeza are forced to struggle with the belligerent party whilst Universe 4's God of Destruction, Quitela, comes up with a secret plan.

Oh my god just get to the tournament already Toei

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
couldn't give less of a poo poo about goten and trunks

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Darko posted:

Episode 94 (11 June)
Episode 95 (18 June)

nope these are wrong too

from herms twitter:

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Why are they taking so long though. The hype was at its peak awhile ago.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

RBX posted:

Fans: Dragon Ball Super sucks. it should be more like DBZ!

*another finger on the monkey's paw closes*

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Pretend I inserted a picture of a cow here.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

RBX posted:

they want it to start at episode 100 probably

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I don't really care about it starting soon because I enjoy this faffing about too much. If anything though, the reveals of what is coming seems to cause you folks some stress, you should relax more and just take it as it comes.

You are literally becoming the people you are complaining about otherwise.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I rewatched the episode and the Kale transformation bothers me because it's the same animation they've been using for it in the OP, previews, and just about everything else. You can only recycle it so many times.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
As someone in IT, I can appreciate a good shortcut.

But I can see why you'd be tired of it, you'd have been better off if you hadn't watched the previews.

The opening is pretty kickass though.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Where is my pretourny super awkward dinner where all 10 fighters meet and greet and train a little before being carted to their deaths

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/872142032680046592

Earlier summaries are total bullshit.

DBS ep.94: "Resurrection of the Evil Emperor! The Mysterious Awaiting Assassins?!" (11 June)
DBS ep.95: "The Wickedest! The Evilest! Freeza Runs Wild!!" (18 June)
DBS ep.96: "The Time Has Come! To the World of Void, Where the Universes' Fates Will Be Decided!!" (25 June)
DBS ep.97: "Survive! The Curtain Finally Opens on the 'Tournament of Power'!!" (2 July)
DBS ep.98: [Title Undecided] (9 July)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Burkion posted:

DBS ep.94: "Resurrection of the Evil Emperor! The Mysterious Awaiting Assassins?!" (11 June)
DBS ep.96: "The Time Has Come! To the World of Void, Where the Universes' Fates Will Be Decided!!" (25 June)
DBS ep.97: "Survive! The Curtain Finally Opens on the 'Tournament of Power'!!" (2 July)

Well, at least we know the prior leak was pure BS. We're just gonna have a Freeza Showcase Episode and a couple of "get to see U7 interact with all the other dumbasses".

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
hurrah, no more putting off the tournament for dumb bullshit!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
More dumb bullshit, please.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Burkion posted:

There were so many fake title leaks earlier, I don't know if I can trust these.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

More dumb bullshit, please.

I wanna see Goten and Trunks guard the animals, then I want to see Universe 2 and the Universe Survival Idol Contest. Then I want to see what Yajirobe had for breakfast the morning before the tournament starts.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Let's see what Dabura's up to.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Aurora posted:

Let's see what Dabura's up to.

dying

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The U6 kaioshin said there were Magetta-type dudes in U7 somewhere , where are those dudes? Is Frieza going to poo poo-talk them into extinction before the tournament?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Maybe the U6 Kaioshin are like "of course those dudes exist in U7, they exist HERE, and why would they be extinct there?"

Shin's like "Heh heh... uh, y-yeah, n-no mass extinctions on my watch here! Our universe is full of life and very well maintained! Hahahaha!"

• Locked thread