Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
loving hell, I'm fighting against a wonder woman boss with armor, and she just keeps whipping. It seems to be an in techable throw for her that makes me literally teleport away from where I am on the screen to instead be in its path? I've been hit by it numerous times while in mid air above/ behind her?! This is super loving obnoxious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foolish_fool
Jul 22, 2010

This seems ideal, thanks. Is it easy to input?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Got kicked for inactivity from goon squad, reapplied to Dark Empire as Takuan55.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I'd contribute more this week but gently caress the stuff that's left in the multiverse.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Single-player multiverse stuff still contributes guild points, whatever those actually do? Yeah if it doesn't look like there will be time to complete the full round of objectives...

There's currently a single-player Multiverse event that gives epic gear for my main, so

If people want to coordinate some time for guild bosses for Goon Lantern Corps, I would be down. Or are the guilds consolidating or what

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ruzaii posted:

Just spent about 300k on post patch boxes. About 25 bronze boxes gave zero epics, shaders, or moves and only a handful of rares. I did get a few moves from gold boxes, but they all dropped as epics instead of commons. Super small sample size, but it definitely seems like the loot boxes got a bigger change than just cost.

Not surprising, you could buy infinite bronze boxes before.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I want to level Red Hood right now.

Still gently caress Jason Todd

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I have spent hours and hours in the practice mode and still have yet to land any of the juggle combos I've been practicing in an actual fight

Edit: And as soon as I posted that I managed to do a solid corner combo for the first time, what's the opposite of the commentator's curse

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Looking at the silouhettes again, I think the one under Atom might be Constantine with the collar of his trenchcoat popped up.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Looking at the silouhettes again, I think the one under Atom might be Constantine with the collar of his trenchcoat popped up.

Oh my god I hope so, I do not want Spawn to be in his game. Well, he'd probably actually still be pretty fun to play. But he's lame and I want another DC character.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
It's going to be King of the Collars Deadman, who is dead in the Injustice continuity, somehow.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Spawn is from one of DC's competitors, it doesn't really seem likely he'll be in.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

foolish_fool posted:

This seems ideal, thanks. Is it easy to input?

The high gunshots are bf1, the low gunshots are db3, and just press MB to shoot even more.

(This is actually relatively beatable for someone who can time their ducks and rolls though)

You can spam arrows as Green Arrow by tapping 4, that would technically be the easiest spam attack in the game. I don't think that's actually that effective though

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Spawn is from one of DC's competitors, it doesn't really seem likely he'll be in.

Yeah, why is Spawn rumored at all?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I think it's implausible as well. I just don't want to get my hopes up for Constantine, only to get Spawned ... or worse :stare:

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Grem posted:

Goon Squad is gonna have room in an hour.

Sweet, put in an application. I've been grinding single player Multiverse poo poo both in person and AI for a while so I can contribute when not busting other player skulls or receiving massive internal trauma myself.

PSN: MrxJacobs

MrJacobs fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jun 6, 2017

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

hup posted:

Yeah, why is Spawn rumored at all?

Because he was in Soul Calibur and people think it's funny to insinuate he'll be in another fighting game.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I'm not even entirely sure they still publish Spawn, to be honest.

edit: I just looked it up and it's on like issue 300 because nothing ever dies unless it's good

codenameFANGIO fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jun 6, 2017

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Single-player multiverse stuff still contributes guild points, whatever those actually do? Yeah if it doesn't look like there will be time to complete the full round of objectives...

There's currently a single-player Multiverse event that gives epic gear for my main, so

If people want to coordinate some time for guild bosses for Goon Lantern Corps, I would be down. Or are the guilds consolidating or what

Goon Squad stays pretty consistent with about 40 active members so it may be a bit until consolidation is feasible.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The gear rolls seem pretty weird. I have rares that have 200+ more points than epics of the same level. I have two epics that are exactly the same in name and ability and have a 150 point gap in stats

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Maybe it's just me but the blatant shadows for the DLC characters kind of lead me to believe they're all bullshit, or at least some of them are? It would seem almost too stupid to make the guessing this easy,

Gotta love that they gave Freeze his helmet. Thanks NRS!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

codenameFANGIO posted:

I'm not even entirely sure they still publish Spawn, to be honest.

edit: I just looked it up and it's on like issue 300 because nothing ever dies unless it's good

Believe it or not I'm actually a semi-regular reader of Spawn to this day because I read it as a stupid 90s child growing up. I have a sort of twisted enjoyment of it precisely because it's so asinine even by comic standards - it's my lowbrow vice alongside Warhammer novels.

E: just because I'm a masochist for going to bat for stupid things, there are some good ideas in Spawn but they're pretty much always bogged down by the comic trying way WAY too hard.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jun 6, 2017

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Level 20 on all 29 base characters just now! My last one was Robin.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I'm surprised this game's story mode is as short as it is; not sure if that is good or bad. I'm used to Nether Realm story modes being twice as long.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

DLC Inc posted:

Maybe it's just me but the blatant shadows for the DLC characters kind of lead me to believe they're all bullshit, or at least some of them are? It would seem almost too stupid to make the guessing this easy,

I do believe Atom is a misdirection if nothing else because I don't see how it would work on 3D. Then again, supposedly Capcom is adding Ant man to MVCI so maybe shrinking is less issue than I thought.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

They do seem way too obvious, that is for sure. Also Black Manta is in that one stage transition, so I don't think they were planning to use him as a fighter.

I want that Atom to be true though :flashfap:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It's not Black Manta, it's Ocean Master wearing a stupid(er) hat.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

DLC Inc posted:

Awesome, now its time to finally learn how to play Captain Cold!

Also, I've been pretty busy at work so I haven't been on as much this week- but when I have and try the Guild multiverses they've mostly just pissed me off to the point I've just gone back to do single player multiverse or screwing around in training. Single player multiverse feels like the sweet spot difficulty wise, where half the time I'll nearly finish a guild multiverse and then just hit a wall of bullshit or unfun modifiers and wind up feeling like my time was wasted since I can't complete it. Obviously the answer is to "get better", but in the meantime while working on that hopefully it'll be cool if I participate with guild points/earning trophies outside the Guild multiverse.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

It would be neat if guild members could help each other beyond the one specific event. Like if you've beaten a tower or completed a metachallenge you could leave behind a positive modifier for others or something

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

codenameFANGIO posted:

They do seem way too obvious, that is for sure. Also Black Manta is in that one stage transition, so I don't think they were planning to use him as a fighter.

I want that Atom to be true though :flashfap:

Hey, Martian Manhunter hung out in the background of the last game, and he got to be DLC. they'll probably swap him out for some random Atlantean guard or something

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Atom could be so fun in this game. I'd love to see what they do with his character ability.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Blast Fantasto posted:

Atom could be so fun in this game. I'd love to see what they do with his character ability.

I picture him just changing in size constantly while you fight. And his special is he goes into your eardrum and puts a tiny footprint on your brain. :getin:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
if that image is real I'll make this my GOTY just for having Atom in it.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

codenameFANGIO posted:

I picture him just changing in size constantly while you fight. And his special is he goes into your eardrum and puts a tiny footprint on your brain. :getin:

Animation interruptions and hitboxes are going to be very interesting with him, especially if this is the case. I hope they do some really cool Ant-Man type poo poo with him, he was always getting up to that kind of stuff in the comics since he can independent shift his size and mass.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Atom's special is shrinking down and riding an arrow shot by Speedy at his opponent and then going back to normal size for a punch.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What are those red arrow images from

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I totally get why they'd want to release Red Hood during E3, but it also feels kind of frustrating to have him added to the game but not make him available, complete with a prompt to buy him that just goes nowhere.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just wish he was available tomorrow. NetherRealm might as well just go ahead and do it if they are not already.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I hope they do a multiverse event where you can play as him like they did with Darkseid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

When does the Wonder Woman event end? Maybe he'll get a multiverse then?

• Locked thread