Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Aerdan posted:

There are basically two things that ESAs get that normal pets don't: legally permitted to own even if the property owner forbids pets, and allowed to go on airplanes. That's pretty much it. Plenty of assholes try to claim their emotional support animal can go anywhere, however, and it basically preys on business owners' and retail workers' ignorance of the law. Predictable result: people with actual service animals get refused service.

The only animals that are legally required to be admitted (until they cause problems, that is) are service animals, and you're legally permitted to ask only two questions ("Is this animal a service animal?" and "What service does this animal perform?").

That's actually good to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Don't service animals have to wear a special coat?

Or is that too infringing on Mah Rights?

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Seat belt? What seat belt?
*attempts to fly through the windshield*

(nobody died)

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Kurieg posted:

My co-worker got an emotional support cat, but we used to joke that he should have gotten an emotional support whale and demand that the landlord put in a backyard pool.
This is my emotional support howler monkey. Yes, I do sleep well at night, why do you ask?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

iospace posted:

That's actually good to know.

Legally that's what it is, but lots of retailers and other businesses are scared to death of getting sued for an ADA infraction so just let what ever pets walk in with who ever.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

lmbo the only film that was 100% aykroyd was https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Apjvf9YNzEM

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Powaqoatse posted:

lmbo the only film that was 100% aykroyd was https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Apjvf9YNzEM

>_<

that movie is so good though

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

god

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enUo-1TjdEs

demi moore, chevy chase, john candy, tupac shakur

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

syscall girl posted:

>_<

that movie is so good though

it would be really good if someone else took charge instead of aykroyd

as it is, its like an idea of madness that could be amazing if done well. its just dumb and bad

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Powaqoatse posted:

it would be really good if someone else took charge instead of aykroyd

as it is, its like an idea of madness that could be amazing if done well. its just dumb and bad

okay maybe good isn't the word i was looking for but it was a hot mess

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
have you tried crystal skull vodka?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

syscall girl posted:

have you tried crystal skull vodka?

It's not bad, but it's super expensive. Just drink Tito's or (if you can find it) Wheatley's.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

It's not bad, but it's super expensive. Just drink Tito's or (if you can find it) Wheatley's.

Still speaking from the perspective of someone who got his rear end compared to Aykroyd by some MMA guy

It must be bad doodie water

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

syscall girl posted:

I think there are a few good reasons to hate Aykroyd but my personal one is that a man in a shower room once told me I looked like Aykroyd from behind.

In Coneheads 2. He was very specific about that and I just couldn't quite get what he was trying to say.

There's a scene in Coneheads where Dan Aykroyd is in the shower and we learn that coneheads have two little knobs above their butt, and no buttcrack.

He was saying you have no buttcrack.

Sorry you had to find out like this

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

There's a scene in Coneheads where Dan Aykroyd is in the shower and we learn that coneheads have two little knobs above their butt, and no buttcrack.

He was saying you have no buttcrack.

Sorry you had to find out like this

I just assumed he was crazy *sobs*

But it's true

I was shooting for Hank Hill and I missed

:smithicide:

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

It's the two little knobs I would worry about.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Shifty Nipples posted:

It's the two little knobs I would worry about.

That's my heritage you're talking on

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Solice Kirsk posted:

are there cheap boozeskulls? i kinda would like to buy a glass skull just to put on a shelf like a huge fat nerd

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

There was a lot of Poe's law going around I think. It become such a popular narrative across the internet that everybody was talking about it even if only a few trolls actually felt that way.

This seems to happen quite a bit now. I was following what "normal" people were saying about the new far cry 5 in some usual places I follow sport. None of them even discussed the setting or how it was supposedly controversial despite number of them being in the right demographic. It wasn't even mentioned in passing.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Ton of internet controversies are like that, unsurprisingly. It's the same with Wonder Woman and Mad Max - handful of lunatics lose their poo poo online, and suddenly it's half the population apparently forming an uprising against the film.

Very easy for marketing departments to exploit though, so we'll see a lot of it.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Gorilla Salad posted:

Don't service animals have to wear a special coat?

Nope. There are no requirements. You can buy apparel that proclaims that the animal wearing it performs a service for its owner, but they're nothing special and there's no registration requirement at all. Lately, the trend has been for particularly odious assholes to buy such vests for their dogs so they can go wherever with 'em.

It's almost to the point where a state or federal registry is required just to prevent abuse.

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
Animals bringing the smack downs.

The bull really doesn't like that guy.

Also what happens when lions are no longer afraid of little chairs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS3VpXs2c84

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

re dan aykroyd losing money == he didnt lose money but he didnt get a return on it neither. also his solo movies are poo poo and at best break even

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

any good aykroyd movie is good cause of someone else and would be better without him, i swear

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I do love goons proving it's only a minority doing something by using their acquaintances as some insanely small sample size. Like that proves poo poo.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOgb_UT7XO0

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

"Oh hey, what are you watching?"

"It's a compilation of people falling off cliffs. After this I'm going to watch part 3 of the 'Fairground Accidents' series".

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Gasmask posted:

"It's a compilation of people falling off cliffs. After this I'm going to watch part 3 of the 'Fairground Accidents' series".

That video got flagged and taken down and they had to re-edit so they could re-upload. It turns out that their video of people getting horrifically mangled in terrible fairground accidents featured some NUDITY (a woman's pants fell down on a spinny ride) and that was just unacceptable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSouW0jRl3A&t=39s

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Human mincemeat? No worries.

Bare rear end due to comical pants falling down? *lights flash as air raid sirens power up*

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
Dan Akroyd is a nut and poisons everything he touches. He's best when he can be insane in a supporting role:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9YjOweDcUw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA4pM5znawo

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Powaqoatse posted:

are there cheap boozeskulls? i kinda would like to buy a glass skull just to put on a shelf like a huge fat nerd

Just search Amazon for glass skull bottle and fill it with whatever you want!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

10 Beers posted:

Just search Amazon for glass skull bottle and fill it with whatever you want!

Yup. Probably the cheapest way to go:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=skull+decanter

There's a tequila that comes in a painted skull bottle, but I think it's expensive too.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I kinda vaguely remember liking Doctor Detroit? as a kid. Also, Grosse Pointe Blank was awesome.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yup. Probably the cheapest way to go:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=skull+decanter

There's a tequila that comes in a painted skull bottle, but I think it's expensive too.

This is probably the cheapest, but no guarantees on quality:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cry...2733865485.html

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I kinda vaguely remember liking Doctor Detroit? as a kid. Also, Grosse Pointe Blank was awesome.

GPB is awesome

I rewatched it this year and think it is good.

But, it is a Cusack/Driver joint with a bit of Aykroyd as a guy you want to murder a lot

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

It continues. This guy is such a pansy.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

chitoryu12 posted:

It continues. This guy is such a pansy.

Here's my surprised face at him being all talk and no walk:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

This is like pushing a guy in a bar and then being surprised he punched you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Powaqoatse posted:

any good aykroyd movie is good cause of someone else and would be better without him, i swear

Blues Brothers is a perfect movie gently caress you.