Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Saw a stat somewhere that only one team in history has started with 41 wins in its first 57 games and won less than 102 games

christianbale-kermit.gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The Pussy Boss posted:

Lol at that player for getting injured. What a loving loser ahahaha.
This is me unironically, when that player hurt himself doing something stupid. Like falling off a dirtbike.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The deceased SAS wiki had an entire page dedicated to hilarious sports injuries so it's weird to see people get up in arms now

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

bawfuls posted:

This is me unironically, when that player hurt himself doing something stupid. Like falling off a dirtbike.

I think what will forever stick out most in my mind about the whole incident was the Dodgers/Giants game a few days later where you could clearly hear a Giants fan yell "It should have been you on that dirtbike, Kershaw!" into the field mic.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Intruder posted:

Saw a stat somewhere that only one team in history has started with 41 wins in its first 57 games and won less than 102 games

christianbale-kermit.gif

The Cubs were 40-17 after 57 games last year, so the Astros this year are doing a game better. As long as they're not playing against the Cubs in the World Series, I'll be rooting for them.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The Cubs were 40-17 after 57 games last year, so the Astros this year are doing a game better. As long as they're not playing against the Cubs in the World Series, I'll be rooting for them.

If they're playing against the Cubs in the World Series I'll buy you guys food from Piece if you can get on camera with a sign that reads "eckstein123".

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

*browses 2nd and 3rd round draft prospects*

Haha just kidding I'll probably definitely have never heard of whoever they draft with those picks

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Intruder posted:

*browses 2nd and 3rd round draft prospects*

Haha just kidding I'll probably definitely have never heard of whoever they draft with those picks

This is probably gonna be a bleak draft year all around.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

seiferguy posted:

This is probably gonna be a bleak draft year all around.

The expected #1 overall is a HS RHP. :lol:

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Intruder posted:

The deceased SAS wiki had an entire page dedicated to hilarious sports injuries so it's weird to see people get up in arms now

Every time I think of "Dale Earnhardt: turned right" I almost die laughing.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sydin posted:

The expected #1 overall is a HS RHP. :lol:

I don't think the Twins are taking him

Explosionface posted:

Every time I think of "Dale Earnhardt: turned right" I almost die laughing.

:same:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

IcePhoenix posted:

I don't think the Twins are taking him

I keep seeing contradictory articles saying they will and will not take him, sports media seems to change its mind on it every other day. Either way that a HS RHP is thought of that highly in the draft, even if his is very good (which by all accounts he is. Also apparently a good SS) doesn't speak highly for the makeup of the rest of the draft class.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The Cubs will be in first in the NL Central by the time June ends BOOK IT. :colbert:

lmao it took 4 days

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
Did I just see Yasiel Puig in a cameo as himself in "Angie Tribeca"? I'm pretty sure I did.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sydin posted:

I keep seeing contradictory articles saying they will and will not take him, sports media seems to change its mind on it every other day. Either way that a HS RHP is thought of that highly in the draft, even if his is very good (which by all accounts he is. Also apparently a good SS) doesn't speak highly for the makeup of the rest of the draft class.

Just going off of interviews I've heard with Falvey and Levine I think they like the kid from Vandy more, with McKay (?) from Louisville higher up as well.

That or they're just smokescreening super hard on the first pick for some dumb reason.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Bartolo is done. Move him to the bullpen or get rid of him.

Not sure what good either would do, it's not like we have a serviceable replacement.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

Bartolo is done. Move him to the bullpen or get rid of him.

Not sure what good either would do, it's not like we have a serviceable replacement.
Yeah I was just coming to post "So Bartolo is done right?" I don't want them to call up anybody who's not ready but if it's a foregone conclusion we're getting shelled one(+) of every five nights just let Matt Wisler do that. Maybe there's a 2% chance he figures something out.

e: Snitker "won't commit" to Bartolo starting Saturday. RIP, you awesome fat man.

KICK BAMA KICK fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jun 6, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Please never lose again Astros

Finish 146-16 (and win 11 more games after that)

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Yeah I was just coming to post "So Bartolo is done right?" I don't want them to call up anybody who's not ready but if it's a foregone conclusion we're getting shelled one(+) of every five nights just let Matt Wisler do that. Maybe there's a 2% chance he figures something out.

e: Snitker "won't commit" to Bartolo starting Saturday. RIP, you awesome fat man.

I wanted Bartolo to work so badly. His years with the Mets pissed me off so much because he was so much fun to watch, but always seemed to pitch well against the Braves. I was hoping he'd have one fun season in Atlanta, but it looks like his only use now is to throw BP.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I wish someone would Nancy Kerrigan the Astros, goddamn

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

seiferguy posted:

Let us have one nice thing <:mad:>

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

seiferguy posted:

You've had your day

(as a Seahawks fan)

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

seiferguy posted:

Speaking as someone who couldn't give a poo poo less about the AL West in general, I think it's fun watching the Astros dominate.

I wish Dallas Keuchel's beard were round instead of pointy though. That bugs me.

edit: wtf, I thought they were in the AL Central, shows what I know :saddowns:

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Here's a crazy stat for you

ESPN posted:

Houston's 7-8-9 hitters are now batting .285 and slugging .502 -- that's better than the MLB average for the 3-4-5 spots (.265/.459).

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Lucas Sims is rocking a nice 62/19 K/BB ratio so far. Newcomb is still walking too many guys but he's 2nd in the IL in Ks with 74. I think some of these guys warrant a look.

And there's always Andrew Albers...

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Intruder posted:

You've had your day

(as a Seahawks fan)

I'm a bigger baseball fan than football fan, thohgh. The Mariners haven't been to the playoffs since 2001. I'm tired of the team being the joke of the city, and the Seahawks success made that worse. It just felt that the one season we may have had a chance got ruined by injury and the Astros getting bit by a radioactive spider.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

https://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN/status/871895806487523329

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
In other Mariners news, they're tired of Canadians coming down, so they doubled the prices of tickets for the upcoming Blue Jays series lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

seiferguy posted:

I'm a bigger baseball fan than football fan, thohgh. The Mariners haven't been to the playoffs since 2001. I'm tired of the team being the joke of the city, and the Seahawks success made that worse. It just felt that the one season we may have had a chance got ruined by injury and the Astros getting bit by a radioactive spider.

Good news! The joke of the city is now in OKC ;)

YeahTubaMike posted:

Speaking as someone who couldn't give a poo poo less about the AL West in general, I think it's fun watching the Astros dominate.

I wish Dallas Keuchel's beard were round instead of pointy though. That bugs me.

edit: wtf, I thought they were in the AL Central, shows what I know :saddowns:

Dallas's beard is perfect much like Dallas himself :colbert:

fast cars loose anus posted:

Here's a crazy stat for you

Oowwwwwwwwwwwwwwns

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

seiferguy posted:

In other Mariners news, they're tired of Canadians coming down, so they doubled the prices of tickets for the upcoming Blue Jays series lol

This is hilarious.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

seiferguy posted:

Are you sure you're not just looking at the price in CAD

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Intruder posted:

Dallas's beard is perfect much like Dallas himself :

Both of the perfect games I've thrown in MLB the Show 17 have been with Keuchel. Checks out.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

seiferguy posted:

I noticed that there are always a ton of Blue Jays fans here when they are playing the Mariners. Does all of Canada support them because they're the only Canadian team left, do they make the trip from Toronto, or are there just a ton of transplants from Toronto?

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
John Mozeliak better not be buying at the deadline. The team is rotten and needs to re-tool, starting with the coaching staff.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

ihatepants posted:

I noticed that there are always a ton of Blue Jays fans here when they are playing the Mariners. Does all of Canada support them because they're the only Canadian team left, do they make the trip from Toronto, or are there just a ton of transplants from Toronto?

I don't know about all of Canada, but Vancouver is roughly a 2.5 hour drive North.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Pancakes posted:

Both of the perfect games I've thrown in MLB the Show 17 have been with Keuchel. Checks out.

I've literally gone through my last like four iterations of The Show without ever once playing anything but RttS

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Mike_V posted:

John Mozeliak better not be buying at the deadline. The team is rotten and needs to re-tool, starting with the coaching staff.

Obviously the problem is that Matheny doesn't have enough control!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

I've literally gone through my last like four iterations of The Show without ever once playing anything but RttS

I almost started a franchise the other day but before even getting to the point of doing anything with it I was like nope, gotta go hit dingers with my ridiculously overpowered RttS guy.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

IcePhoenix posted:

Are you sure you're not just looking at the price in CAD
I double checked and the bleacher seats, which are usually $17 are $32 for the Jays series.

ihatepants posted:

They mostly drive from Vancouver, which is about 3 hours north of Seattle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Grittybeard posted:

I almost started a franchise the other day but before even getting to the point of doing anything with it I was like nope, gotta go hit dingers with my ridiculously overpowered RttS guy.

I actually really enjoy the drill stuff in RttS, does that make me a psychopath?

• Locked thread