Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

MrNemo posted:

I... I don't think it is.

Why not? Everyone's got a butt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

joe is making GBS threads all over scott pruitt which is nice

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

FizFashizzle posted:

At the very least it's going to come out Pence lied about knowing when a foreign agent was in the white house and said nothing. He's going down too.

I'm not sure I've ever so very much wanted someone to be correct. Still, we'd have to remove so many people from the line of succession before we got a reasonable choice that I don't see a good outcome per se, merely better. I mean, Paul Ryan? Orrin Hatch? Yeeeurgh. It seems like the only way out would be for Trump to cling to office until 2018, but gently caress up so constantly and so severely that the Republicans get gutted in the midterms.

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008

Flesh Forge posted:

Morning Joe just now: "Mike Pence :allears:"

Wow, subtle, Joe :thunk:

I catch myself watching Morning Joe a lot early mornings lately; it's not news, it's just a long block of 8 or so people relentlessly making GBS threads on Trump. Don't watch this show.

In honor of the late Zbigniew Brzezinski. Let us watch him school Joe in front of Mika, his daughter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mk18af8z9Y

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

:laugh: Nice

MrNemo
Aug 26, 2010

"I just love beeting off"

Pollyanna posted:

Why not? Everyone's got a butt.

I'm pretty sure dickanything is a gendered insult.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Rotacixe posted:

In honor of the late Zbigniew Brzezinski. Let us watch him school Joe in front of Mika, his daughter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mk18af8z9Y

Randomly, I was talking about Chernobyl on another forum and the topic of "how bad was it really?" came up. I headed to Google and found this.
Observations on Chernobyl after 25 Years of Radiophobia

Then I found out the author of this just died.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Aurubin posted:

Hearing about this leaker getting caught makes me remember that David Petraeus leaked a bunch of poo poo because he was loving a reporter on the side. But he didn't deserve to go to jail because "reasons." On a related note Dianne Feinstein is a bitch.

the weird thing to me is i know the whole power is the ultimate aphrodisiac thing but petraeus looks like a lil gnome. how you gon gently caress that.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/872060765837996032

This account is the best.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

NikkolasKing posted:

Randomly, I was talking about Chernobyl on another forum and the topic of "how bad was it really?" came up. I headed to Google and found this.
Observations on Chernobyl after 25 Years of Radiophobia

Then I found out the author of this just died.

Yeah, suggest you read a bit more about the author. He's kinda nuts. He pushed a lot of climate change denial woo, and called the link between leaded gasoline and violence/disorders in children 'Rubbish'.

While Chernobyl's overall effects are a little overblown, at least 30 workers and soldiers died from radiation of the cleanup.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jun 6, 2017

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/872059997429022722

Now on this he's totally wrong... The fake news love his Twitter outbursts!

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Every time I see Mark Halperin I get the instinctual reaction of 'gently caress that guy'.

He strikes me as such a snake in the grass

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Back to watching morning joe I see

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Jun 6, 2017

yonah
May 30, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/872062159789985792

repeating
Nov 14, 2005

Medullah posted:

Fake news, including Reuters and AP

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Medullah posted:

ACLU absolutely adores his tweets.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Look over there!

/smoke cloud

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Whoa, the pro-Trump bots on his twitter are absolutely insane. It's not even subtle. They're all fresh accounts, churning out multiple posts a minute, non stop.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Medullah posted:

Also your own drat staff is trying to stop you. Is he going full Bunker Hitler?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/872064426568036353

Missing Donut
Apr 24, 2003

Trying to lead a middle-aged life. Well, it's either that or drop dead.

Agreed. I can stay informed without having to look at Donald's face.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Wait...is he referring to CENTCOM!!!??!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

So he's siding with the Saudis because of their power orbs and sword dances.

While trying to pretend he both knew this was coming and this mess is a good thing.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Good lord, he's REALLY off the rails today.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Kickstarting a new hot conflict in Middle East in the first 6 months, bold move for the peace candidate.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Almost like you needed some outside help to win the election, eh? :ussr:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I can only imagine Trump on the floor of the white house, incoherent, writhing about, and his mouth foaming, barely managing to send out tweets between fits.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

This has got to be lewandowski's influence right?

:justpost:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

FizFashizzle posted:

joe is making GBS threads all over scott pruitt which is nice

I'd drop a load of Biological Oxygen Demand on his face if I could.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

MrNemo posted:

I'm pretty sure dickanything is a gendered insult.

You misunderstand - dickshitter is one who shits on a dick (they a shameful dickshitter) It's a genderless insult like cocksucker, but less problematic because it doesn't imply that the act of sodomy is itself shameful, merely the making GBS threads part. It even includes lesbians if you consider a strap-on to be a dick.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

When faced with an international crisis between two allies, I'm glad our government decided to not staff the State Department but rather just go with the ravings of an angry orange man on the shitter

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

WeAreTheRomans posted:

You misunderstand - dickshitter is one who shits on a dick (they a shameful dickshitter) It's a genderless insult like cocksucker, but less problematic because it doesn't imply that the act of sodomy is itself shameful, merely the making GBS threads part. It even includes lesbians if you consider a strap-on to be a dick.
shut up

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I mean, we're straight out accusing the government where we have one of the most important bases in the Middle East of sabotaging our efforts and backing the countries that are saber-rattling against them, but I'm sure that was a measured, thoughtful response by the president and not just him shoving his dick in a wasp's nest because Morning Joe made fun of him

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Another career civil servant at State out.

Former Iowa Governor Terry Branstad is now dealing with all China issues himself until they find a new acting Undersecretary.

It would be funny if these weren't fairly important jobs. Hopefully a non-moron gets filled before there are any major issues with China.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/reports-former-acting-ambassador-china-resigned-paris-accord-withdrawal

quote:

Report: Former Acting Ambassador To China Resigns Over Paris Accord Exit

CNN reported Monday that the one-time acting United States ambassador to China resigned from the State Department over President Donald Trump’s decision to withdraw the United States from the Paris Agreement on climate change, according to unnamed sources familiar with the decision.

Earlier Monday, SupChina editor-at-large John Pomfret wrote on Twitter that unnamed sources had said the official who resigned, David Rank, did so because he “couldn’t back Trump on climate.”

Trump’s nominee for the ambassadorship, Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad, was sworn in as ambassador on May 24. The Senate confirmed him for the position on May 22.

Rank was a career foreign service officer who in January 2016 became deputy chief of mission at the U.S. embassy in Beijing, CNN reported.

“Mr. Rank made a personal decision,” an unnamed senior State Department official told the network. “We appreciate his years of dedicated service to the State Department.”

CNN noted the official did not name Trump’s Paris accord withdrawal as the explicit motivation for Rank’s resignation, but the network cited “several” unnamed “sources familiar with the decision,” who indicated, in CNN’s words, that the “departure is directly tied to Trump’s controversial move to pull out of the accord.”

kiss me Pikachu
Mar 9, 2008
Has the White House or state department even made an official statement on the Qatar situation? I love that we just got the article that we had no idea this was happening or why and hey maybe we even caused it through ineptitude and here's Donnie validating the Saudi's claims through twitter.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

skeleton warrior posted:

I mean, we're straight out accusing the government where we have one of the most important bases in the Middle East of sabotaging our efforts and backing the countries that are saber-rattling against them, but I'm sure that was a measured, thoughtful response by the president and not just him shoving his dick in a wasp's nest because Morning Joe made fun of him

Trump possibly doesn't know or at least didn't remember at the time of that tweet that we have a base there.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Whoa, the pro-Trump bots on his twitter are absolutely insane. It's not even subtle. They're all fresh accounts, churning out multiple posts a minute, non stop.

I like to imagine the bots are mainly there to drown out criticism before Trump sees it and gets inspired to even further ranting, and not because they hope convince other people that a majority of twitter users actually approve of what is said.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Wow. I don't think he knows we have military bases in Qatar

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

repeating posted:

Need printer driver/firmware that prints all tracking dots from all makers at once on every printed page.

A bunch of people replied to this but I don't think you got a good hardware explanation of why it won't work.

The real microdots are added in the very last stages of the image processing performed by the printer, usually in what is known as a Raster Image Processor or RIP. Any phony dots will have a bunch of processing that occurs between the data input and the RIP output applied to them and that will result in them not looking like the real thing. That processing involves a major resolution and color depth shift from say 300dpi 8 bit per pixel per color to 1200dpi 1 bit per pixel per color (which is an unavoidable requirement of how printers print) which is a particularly hard thing to overcome because it means that image data is always going to be subjected to some sort of dithering and halftoning while the real microdots will not.

But in reality this is all just a bunch of CSI-style :techno:. If you load up a page with 30 fake codes to hide the real one all that will happen is the software will spit out a list of all possible matches and investigators will be able to rule most of them out instantly because they indicate serial numbers which were never sold (or in this case were not installed in a place where such info could be printed).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repeating
Nov 14, 2005

Shifty Pony posted:

printer words

Thanks for the tech-y talk. I appreciate that. It comes down to basically "don't ever send the physical document or an image of it or use the exact wording" , yeah?

• Locked thread