Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

404notfound posted:

The main road (either at the top or the bottom of the map) exits the map at two points. The cops will randomly show up at one of the two. You chose poorly.

Maps: https://imgur.com/a/XzfIF

I think I was at the Northwest exit, I didn't have a map. I seem to remember seeing something about there being a deadtime between when the timer rums out and the exit opens. It's not more than a couple seconds, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Hockles posted:

I think I was at the Northwest exit, I didn't have a map. I seem to remember seeing something about there being a deadtime between when the timer rums out and the exit opens. It's not more than a couple seconds, right?

If the cops are there, you'll hear sirens and see flashing lights. It's pretty obvious once the cops arrive.

I think you just got unlucky with which exit you picked.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Farts.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Getting real sick of pubbies killing the game if they're not Jason.

:smug: on pc we always got a group of goons running a private lobby

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Coolguye posted:

So much so that Edgar in FF6 will pull a hockey mask out of nowhere when using his chainsaw sometimes

There's this forgettable early 90s anime set in space where one of the lower deck crew is Jason and he has a hockey mask and a chainsaw. And the gag is that he's actually harmless.

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
So how playable is this on PS4 now? Last week it was unplayable. Is it possible to even find games?

Unbalanced
Sep 29, 2005

TOOT BOOT posted:

What exactly does a 'good' Jason do in the first 5 minutes or so? My matches as Jason seem to be really hit or miss. Generally I go and trap the fusebox and break all the windows and maybe the doors on that cabin, go and put a trap or two by the car, and after that I just try to hunt people down but I'm frequently not very effective and only get 3/8.

A good Jason foregoes the bitch tactic of trapping objective points and starts by knocking out generators, collecting knives, and smashing doors and windows. Trap areas where you expect foot traffic if you can spare them. If you come across a counselor that you feel like you can take out without Shift, go after them. Once Shift is up it's time to go hunting for real.

Trapping the fuse box and car is effective, but I feel like it's cheesy and unfair. However if the people you're playing with are being dickheads, you are obligated to play as scummy as possible.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

de_dust posted:

So how playable is this on PS4 now? Last week it was unplayable. Is it possible to even find games?

I found 3 games today.

1 worked, 1 timed out, and the other I was kicked because I was Jason instead of the host.

I swear it worked better the first 2 days than it does now.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Scalding Coffee posted:

I was rooting for him near the end for being a badass.

Right? He's legit the best part of the hilariously terrible Exorcist rip off "Abbey" if you've never seen it.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

blackula is actually a pretty great movie with a good moral about racism. mamuwalde is a good sympathetic character & badass vampire.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Unbalanced posted:

A good Jason foregoes the bitch tactic of trapping objective points and starts by knocking out generators, collecting knives, and smashing doors and windows. Trap areas where you expect foot traffic if you can spare them. If you come across a counselor that you feel like you can take out without Shift, go after them. Once Shift is up it's time to go hunting for real.

Trapping the fuse box and car is effective, but I feel like it's cheesy and unfair. However if the people you're playing with are being dickheads, you are obligated to play as scummy as possible.
Trapping objectives are fair if you come across counselors with three knives, enough times.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
I think I need to get with the goon group, because every single quickmatch has resulted in another counselor trying to betraykill me. Last match it was right by the police, and I was able to limp to safety, and then watch as they tried it as Tommy came by, whiffed, and he gave them a facefull of buckshot.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I Greyhound posted:

I think I need to get with the goon group, because every single quickmatch has resulted in another counselor trying to betraykill me. Last match it was right by the police, and I was able to limp to safety, and then watch as they tried it as Tommy came by, whiffed, and he gave them a facefull of buckshot.

And this is something you want less of?

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

juggalo baby coffin posted:

blackula is actually a pretty great movie with a good moral about racism. mamuwalde is a good sympathetic character & badass vampire.

The sequel wasn't awful either and had Pam Grier in it. JD's Revenge is another good one that you absolutely should not watch the trailer for. The trailer makes it seem like it's going to be campy as hell and it's really not. Solid possession/revenge movie.

Don't watch Blackenstein, it's awful.

HypnoCabbage
Oct 26, 2007
Cheap as hell since 1971.

...! posted:

I don't recall there being a 13th F13 movie. Did you mean Jason VIII?

There almost was a 13th F13 movie; yet another reboot directed by Breck Eisner that was coming out October 13th.

It would probably be in post-production now, except Paramount pulled the plug just before shooting started. Apparently Rings bombing at the box office made them really gunshy.

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

Lfg now on ps4 if anyone wants to join :angel: cardschange

Fosson
Feb 26, 2011
I keep seeing talk of an abandoned camp map the devs are wanting to do. Is that like before Part 1 when Pamela killed the first two counselors?

Mister Bup
Dec 26, 2015

HypnoCabbage posted:

There almost was a 13th F13 movie; yet another reboot directed by Breck Eisner that was coming out October 13th.

It would probably be in post-production now, except Paramount pulled the plug just before shooting started. Apparently Rings bombing at the box office made them really gunshy.

Rings didn't even bomb is the silly part, but it didn't make a trillion dollars and they weren't able to spin a Ringu Cinematic Universe out of it so it's a no-go.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I wonder how hard it would be to do a Victor Crawley skin. Adam Green probably wouldn't mind too much as long as Victor's executions were appropriately crunchy.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

juggalo baby coffin posted:

I actually wrote a paper on Blackula for one of my college classes. The scene in that movie where he starts floating straight at the camera (I think in a photography darkroom?) was scary as gently caress.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

tiffany is bae

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Fosson posted:

I keep seeing talk of an abandoned camp map the devs are wanting to do. Is that like before Part 1 when Pamela killed the first two counselors?

No that happens at Camp Crystal Lake. I think an "Abandoned Camp" map would likely be similar to one of the current camp maps, but everything is busted and broken down, so as a gameplay change I could see having it be a group sneaking into an abandoned camp then having to fix generators and such before you could really do anything.

You'd probably need to change Jason's starting power because with Morph he could basically end the game before it starts using the method described by winning Goon Jason players. Maybe you get sense first or something, or the powers all generate in a different order than usual for that map.

It could be interesting to see a gameplay change up like that, but I feel like it would just be ignored by the pubbies.

Or it will literally just be a map that's a camp that looks hosed up and it'll be the same exact gameplay and it'll still be fun.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Snatch Duster posted:

tiffany is bae

I just unlocked her and was about to play her but everyone in the group wanted a "No doubles" run so I played Adam.

And died because of loving CHAD.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
You know, playing a bit more I kind of wish Stalk and Sense were switched around in terms of unlocks. Make it so Jason can pinpoint the position of counselors later in the match, but still give him his mobility earlier on. I think it'd help with the "Jason finds you three minutes in, spend seventeen minutes watching him run around" problem.

Mister Bup
Dec 26, 2015
Stalk needs to be earlier for sure. Stalk was implemented late in development by popular demand, and it shows. It doesn't really interact with anything else. It's so late in the game all the doors have been barricaded and there's rarely enough people to fool anybody (huh, there's three left and we're here in the house Jason just rolled up on, and then the music stopped, wonder where he went)

I've only had a couple good stalks even when I'm trying for them. And it's rarely the classic "oh jason's gone, i can --ack!" kind of stalk, more like walking up behind somebody.

Music comes up too readily and sometimes they still gasp like they know he's there. It's really only useful for the stealth shiftgrab.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Snatch Duster posted:

tiffany is bae

Doing God's work, Wes.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Hockles posted:

So, how many ways are "out" to safety when the cops are called? I was on Higgins Haven and got the cops called and chilled out at the edge of the map until they arrived, but it was just an invisible wall blocking the road.

You need to check your map. There will be a red shield on the exit where the cops are waiting and you can run out. If Jason gets too close, they unload on him.

Also there is no dead time. I have camped (guessing at exit) and exited as the timer hit 0.

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jun 6, 2017

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Mister Bup posted:

Stalk needs to be earlier for sure. Stalk was implemented late in development by popular demand, and it shows. It doesn't really interact with anything else. It's so late in the game all the doors have been barricaded and there's rarely enough people to fool anybody (huh, there's three left and we're here in the house Jason just rolled up on, and then the music stopped, wonder where he went)

I've only had a couple good stalks even when I'm trying for them. And it's rarely the classic "oh jason's gone, i can --ack!" kind of stalk, more like walking up behind somebody.

Music comes up too readily and sometimes they still gasp like they know he's there. It's really only useful for the stealth shiftgrab.

Use stalk before teleporting or when you are shifting to someone that is out of music range. I caused a grown man to scream like a child doing that.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Jason being able to constantly stomp out the car is bad and dumb.

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
Some kid kept calling me gay because I was playing "I Just Died in Your Arms Tonight" over my mic while chasing him down. Whatever, online gaming right?
He then kept calling me names like I couldn't hear him in the lobby, to the point where I made it my mission to make sure that kid and his buddy did not survive a single round, regardless of who was Jason or not.

The thirst for the shotgun has never been greater.

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011

s.i.r.e. posted:

He should pull the door off instead of yank them through the window.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Wow, that was a new one... five people trying to get away in the four-seater while Jason was right on us, and it was like a game of musical chairs as people kept getting in and out and trying to start the car. Eventually we get it going, but somehow the driver plunges it straight into the lake. If anyone is curious, the car gets marked as "destroyed" on the objective list and everybody teleports back to the shore.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

How does hiding in closets ever work? I always make some breathing noise or something. Other people is see hide in there the entire match.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I don't think I've ever hidden, actually. It's just not my style.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I've had it work if you set it up to make it look like you escaped some other way, like the window or an open door, or if there's someone else in the area with you to distract his attention.
The gigantic building in Packanack is also a great place for hiding since it's so huge that Jason would have a hard time pinning your location down.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Grem posted:

How does hiding in closets ever work? I always make some breathing noise or something. Other people is see hide in there the entire match.

You basically have to hide really far away from Jason to not trigger the breathing sound. You're supposed to hold your breath if he's near by.

I've never actually used hide successfully to get away from Jason, I usually break it out if I need to answer a text or something like that. I'm pretty sure your stealth and composure both play a part.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I've seen people really clown on Jason with hiding spots, especially early game. I just tend to like counselors who can run or fight.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

I have never had someone hide from me in a house as Jason. Sense still shows the house as having them in it right, unless a perk hides them from sense. I have had someone hide in an outhouse before but they still made sound just like any other time and it was easy to find them.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

s.i.r.e. posted:

It should total the car and also stun Jason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The only time I ever hide is when I have to be AFK and I don't feel like just being in the middle of nowhere.

• Locked thread