Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
[whispering to date while playing USF4 when Hugo first appears on the screen] He's number one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
edit: nvm wrong dude, it was another rumorlord

anime was right fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jun 2, 2017

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

Electromax posted:

favorite throw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_gZ0B8mYgQ&t=971s

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://twitter.com/i9Keoma/status/870339117367930880

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stealth hp adjustments ftw

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Necro could probably bring me back for a sec if they don't completely gently caress up his look. Such a great design.
Necro is now a tall, fair skinned, young man with long hair. gently caress it, let's make him a Urien/Gil bro.

He gets all old and gnarly in Super Story Mode after fighting... uh... let's say Necali.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
ah yes the prospect of a fresh batch of characters I have fond memories of for capcom to completely poo poo all over. I can't wait to try them out!

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Sagat

Sakura

Oro

C. Viper

Q

Necro

Boom. Done. Case closed.

Hyun.
May 8, 2008

Reiley posted:

Boom. Done. Case closed.

You could have used Sol's uppercut for Viper and you didn't.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
I haven't hit a single thing off the cage with Vega but using it as a fakeout is great in the lower pools.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I played Injustice 2 over the weekend. While I dont think its a great fighting game it really shows just some terrible decisions SF5 made with respect to menu options, single player content, and most importantly loading times. SF5 is a bust

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Madcosby posted:

SF5 is a bust

In other news:
Grass is green.
Water is wet.
Bears still poo poo in the woods.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I played some ranked over the weekend for the first time in forever. Everyone on my friends list was either playing injustice 2 or tekken 7. SFV is a ghost town. Sad

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I played and found a game in like 10 seconds, which has been the case for me since like forever so ymmv.

Queue times/general population size has been maybe the best thing about the game. Actually loading into the game that it quickly found has probably been the worst.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
Just started playing this really late. No one on discord wants to play, but it's pretty fun to me.

Add me "angelopportunity" if you want to play. I'm in NE United States

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

angel opportunity posted:

Just started playing this really late. No one on discord wants to play, but it's pretty fun to me.

Add me "angelopportunity" if you want to play. I'm in NE United States

You picked a hard time to jump in and find games given Tekken just came out and all. I'll play you sometime if you hit me up in discord.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Arcade Mode being a new feature like a year and a half after a fighting game is released in 2017 is amazing

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
Even though it seems like no one really likes SF5, it will always have a player base. Tekken is a solid and good game, but MOST people playing Tekken right now will not be playing it a month from now.

SF5 is really kind of bad though. I didn't play it for so long cause I was into Xrd and still am. I figured I just wanted to be able to play SF5 since so many people play it, but yeah some of the stuff that looked bad about it from watching tournament videos of it is even worse when you're actually playing.

Despite that, I still think it's pretty fun for now!

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

FilthyImp posted:

Necro is now a tall, fair skinned, young man with long hair. gently caress it, let's make him a Urien/Gil bro.

He gets all old and gnarly in Super Story Mode after fighting... uh... let's say Necali.

Nah, Necro is just going to have Ken's/Ed's body with his skin color changed. It's going to be the shittiest most lazy model ever that will have a monster mash face like Ken's.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

MOST people playing x right now will not be playing it a month from now.

True of every game really, doesn't really matter unless you literally deal with <100 numbers. Even Skullgirls has a community behind it.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
maybe the fighting game we've all been looking for was this thread all along

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Night Blade posted:

Nah, Necro is just going to have Ken's/Ed's body with his skin color changed. It's going to be the shittiest most lazy model ever that will have a monster mash face like Ken's.

He's in the background of the Halloween stage and looks ok.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
soulja boy doing Google image searches of zangief for his snapchat story

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

soulja boy is still a thing?

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

MOST people playing Tekken right now will not be playing it a month from now....

SF5 is really kind of bad though

u deserve to play a lovely streetfighter

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

We Know Catheters posted:

He's in the background of the Halloween stage and looks ok.

Colin looked OK when she wasn't playable too...

Then like magic:

Monster mash.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

soulja boy is still a thing?

Absolutely not, but I check in on his snapchat once in a while anyways.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Night Blade posted:

Then like magic:

Monster mash.

Is it the lighting or something? Did they actually change her face model to make it worse?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Next character is another hugo sized final fight boss so prepare for a health bar scraping mound of ugly

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I'm actually down with Abigail. When I was a kid playing Final Fight he intimidated the poo poo out of me.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

They keep adding Final Fight characters to Street Fighter, but they never add the one I want. Metro City Mayor Mike Motherfucking Haggar.

e: Yes I know he's in Marvel 3.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

pipe down

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Night Blade posted:

Monster mash.

It caught on in a flash (kick)

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Night Blade posted:

Then like magic:

Monster mash.

how does this happen

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

hey btw arcsys announced a dbz game on the xrd engine thats 3v3

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
They did Extreme Butoden on the 3DS right?

The fighting system for that wasn't too deep but the game was fun as hell.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

hey btw arcsys announced a dbz game on the xrd engine thats 3v3

RIP lovely looking MvCi

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
So, like, I fired up this game again just for shits and the training mode settings save now lol.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Constellation I posted:

So, like, I fired up this game again just for shits and the training mode settings save now lol.

What took them over two years? Even from a programmers standpoint it isn't that had to save data from settings and load them up again when loading into training. An intern could of done it, too bad they had their interns make the game itself :thinking:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
Tekken 7 got me thinking about strekken again.

Can we accept that strekken is genuinely a better game than SF5? Both games were bad for basically the exact same reasons, 'cept strekken got that 2012 update that tried really hard to backtrack a lot of the more obvious flaws (while SF5 is just sort of doubling down in a half-assed way) and strekken has the base framework for a really great game bungled by execution while SF5 just seems designed to be bad on purpose