Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

iospace seems like a good mod? There are some really bad ones and I'm happy to call them out but iospace seems ok to me tbh

Are there any fish-related pics in the F1 book? I'm still on the fence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

May I have the gang tag, please. Centred as well.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Io was always good untill she was always bad!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Dubs posted:

I'll need gang tag after I steal that flying McLaren available.

You can add it in when you buy your avatar. URL is this: https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/gp2.jpg (just add the img tags and there you go)

Also, some of you still had HTML avatars :psyduck:

That was a surprise.

simplefish posted:

Did you see the fish that got thrown on the ice last night at the Stanley Cup Final game?

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Could I have the sad nando gang tag please? I don't care if it's centered or upside down or whatever.

Also, liberty media talking about over the top digital stuff. Sounds like it will likely be a year or two, but I'm pretty pumped and it sounds like it's moving in the right direction.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/analysis-liberty-s-vision-for-future-of-f1-broadcasting-914818/

Mustache man posted:

"We haven't priced it yet, but let's say, for example, 10 bucks a month to access that package.

How many of your awful bastards buy Sky just for F1? $10/mo is going to sound pretty good to those peeps, I have a feeling.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I think maybe the glorious Scuderia Ferrari should have it's own separate thread so that us glorious Scuderia Ferrari fans don't have to post with the people who like the wrong bad F1 teams that arent Scuderia Ferrari pride of Italia.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

track day bro! posted:

I think maybe the glorious Scuderia Ferrari should have it's own separate thread so that us glorious Scuderia Ferrari fans don't have to post with the people who like the wrong bad F1 teams that arent Scuderia Ferrari pride of Italia.

Id like to subscribe to your newsletter good sir.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'd be very surprised if it were $10/mo. I always assumed F1 streaming would like start at $200 a year or so, at least in the US/Europe.

What would be extremely cool would be to combine all of FIA under a single streaming package and give exposure to the other types of racing to people who sign up just to watch F1 or WRC or something.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Wait this isnt the haas thread?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OhsH posted:

Wait this isnt the haas thread?

My friend tony came back, so yes it is the rear end thread

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

iospace posted:

GET YOUR GANGTAGS HERE:

Tell me if you want it centered or not as well.

:allears:

Yes please Mr Mod sir, centered is fine

Then I need to get rid of this funky arse avatar at some point

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I'd be very surprised if it were $10/mo. I always assumed F1 streaming would like start at $200 a year or so, at least in the US/Europe.

What would be extremely cool would be to combine all of FIA under a single streaming package and give exposure to the other types of racing to people who sign up just to watch F1 or WRC or something.

While that would be cool and all, I don't think ACO and FOM will play nice with each other.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

enri posted:

:allears:

Yes please Mr Mod sir, centered is fine

Then I need to get rid of this funky arse avatar at some point

Hope You're Having An Amazing Day!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

I'd buy it, hell I've bought the wec pass multiple times because I'm a big retard lol. I'd probably buy the F1 pass if it let's you replay full sessions which infuriatingly sky go does not ever do, hell the wec pass allows you to rewatch whole races.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

There will probably also be country limitations because broadcasters who already treat F1 like poo poo will get pissy about F1 themselves competing with a functional product.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

MotoGP charges $200 a year, it'd be hard to imagine them starting below that.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The WEC package is great and it owns that my bank immediately calls me each year when I purchase it because they think a criminal has stolen my card.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

The WEC package is great and it owns that my bank immediately calls me each year when I purchase it because they think a criminal has stolen my card.

The $30 or whatever it is for just LeMans is such a smokin' deal. You can literally stream that poo poo anywhere, so much value.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
guys just imagine it.

Raikkonen and Vettel at haas.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

GramCracker posted:

Hope You're Having An Amazing Day!

:colbert:

1500quidporsche posted:

MotoGP charges $200 a year, it'd be hard to imagine them starting below that.

If it was payable monthly, I'd sign up at that price in a heartbeat.... or I would if the new build home I'm in actually had access a decent bloody connection. So scratch that thought for now.

I drive a BBW
Jun 2, 2008
Fun Shoe
I would like to have a gang tag.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

My current F1 options are poo poo, not being in Europe or the US. I would pay for streaming plus 7 day on demand availability of races and qualifying. I don't imagine I'm alone, and even if the high-demand market licensing is an issue, there are a lot of underserved markets that F1 could make a good amount of money from via an internet service. Hell I'd be happy with 480p even, if other broadcasters got het up about quality

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

enri posted:

:colbert:

If it was payable monthly, I'd sign up at that price in a heartbeat.... or I would if the new build home I'm in actually had access a decent bloody connection. So scratch that thought for now.

You can play like $35 a month and watch both F1 and MotoGP and like every other sport on PS Vue. I'm no fancy businessman or anything but I do think it now will be hard for streaming services to get near that line. Whereas a few years ago you had to start at like $80 to get HD cable service with some sports channels.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

PS Vue, eh? I'll look into that

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here in latin america we have a dedicated channel and its awesome. I totally would sign up for old races, docs and all that.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

OhsH posted:

Raikkonen and Vettel at haas.

Their arms wide...

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Who the gently caress are all these people asking for a gangtag I've never seen post in a racing thread in my life

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

Who the gently caress are all these people asking for a gangtag I've never seen post in a racing thread in my life

I checked to make sure they've posted in past threads. If they did, they're good.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

iospace posted:

GET YOUR GANGTAGS HERE:

Tell me if you want it centered or not as well.

Yeah, centered please

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

simplefish posted:

iospace seems like a good mod? There are some really bad ones and I'm happy to call them out but iospace seems ok to me tbh

for a Japanese book, there's remarkably little about fish.
But sharks are fish, I guess.

Don't know what this is.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

A fat cat in a classic formula car?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

iospace posted:

I checked to make sure they've posted in past threads. If they did, they're good.

Is that only past threads, or this one too :(

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

mrfart posted:

for a Japanese book, there's remarkably little about fish.
But sharks are fish, I guess.

Don't know what this is.

Nice, I'll mull it over, thanks!

E: what's the Japanese around the hammerhead shark? I get that the upper one is about the sharkfins

simplefish fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jun 6, 2017

marsisol
Mar 30, 2010
Gang tag centered please. I post AT LEAST 5x/year

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ilmucche posted:

Is that only past threads, or this one too :(

You're good to go, don't worry :fyadride:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Quiet lurkers that get tags should be required to post. We're tons of fun you guys.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

We aren't.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

gently caress it, I want a tag. Centered would be cool

Better than rapey Yoda

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

iospace posted:

You're good to go, don't worry :fyadride:

Thanks! Want to go with the car driving the car. If I buy the av does the tag show up automatically?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I don't want a gang tag because I love my epic Venky's gang tag about indian businessmen running a football club into the ground. Also chicken.

• Locked thread