Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy
Have there been any announcements as to when retail (US) places get copies? I know retailer buyers at the bottom of the priority list, rightfully so, so I'm not complaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Somehow my crew of weird smugglers the Polter-guys took ownership of the Deathlands Scavengers last week and are planning to end a war with The Grinders the hard way this evening.

Our crew is a Leech, a Spider, and a Whisper, but my character invented an electroplasm flamethrower that damages ghosts with Attune or Wrecks humans, so this crew of nerds packs an extra punch.

I love this game and how it caters to improvisation.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Oh man, my Special Edition arrived today.

Truly a beautiful book. They managed to give the cover an almost leathery feel.

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

dwarf74 posted:

Oh man, my Special Edition arrived today.

Truly a beautiful book. They managed to give the cover an almost leathery feel.

Definitely. Very happy I backed, even with the delay.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
I'm just hoping John releases the U'Duasha stuff as a PDF. Didn't even realize that was part of the SE since I tend to ignore physical rewards. Though with the form factor and style of Blades' SE I almost wish I had gotten it.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

DemonMage posted:

I'm just hoping John releases the U'Duasha stuff as a PDF. Didn't even realize that was part of the SE since I tend to ignore physical rewards. Though with the form factor and style of Blades' SE I almost wish I had gotten it.
Were you a backer? It's in the Special Edition PDF at least.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yeah, but not at the SE level, since I didn't want any physical rewards. I'm in the:

quote:

THE INFILTRATOR: You get the Quick Start PDF, a PDF copy of the complete game when it launches, and credit in the book. You also get all the additional PDF content unlocked over the run of this Kickstarter campaign, plus a code for a softcover POD version of the book at cost.

John just replied with "Maybe" on twitter though, so there's hope at least!

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Holy crap this is a beautiful book. I thought the book was dirty upon receipt but in bright natural light it's like... smokey. With depth. Gorgeous.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It would be nice if they started shipping in the EU, too. :(

Serf
May 5, 2011

I live in the States and haven't seen hide nor hair of my copy yet. Looking forward to it after hearing all this good stuff though.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
been playing blades for a few weeks, last session the Iron Rats used stolen military explosives to level seven warehouses in the Docks as the opening phase of a real estate scam/entry into the construction industry with non-union Skov labor.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Serf posted:

I live in the States and haven't seen hide nor hair of my copy yet. Looking forward to it after hearing all this good stuff though.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Have people been getting shipping notifications for the special edition, or is it just showing up?

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Have people been getting shipping notifications for the special edition, or is it just showing up?

They said they're not going to send out shipping notifications until all of them are fully shipped on the ninth, IIRC. Which seems dumb given people are -already getting them- but you know.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Serf posted:

There seem to have been several shipping snafus, and probably the lack of clarity regarding special vs. standard edition shipping didn't help.

I'd give it a few more days, I guess.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Serf posted:

The special editions should all be shipped out in the US by 6/9. Most people who've already gotten theirs are in Canada, where they started shipping sooner. (Stupid lucky Canadians.)

The reason they're not sending out tracking numbers until they've all shipped is because Alliance won't send them tracking numbers until they've all shipped. Blame Alliance -- everyone else does.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I live in California and I got my special edition a few days ago.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

thatbastardken posted:

been playing blades for a few weeks, last session the Iron Rats used stolen military explosives to level seven warehouses in the Docks as the opening phase of a real estate scam/entry into the construction industry with non-union Skov labor.

"And Tycherosi will PAY for it".

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Scum and Villainy 1.6 is out by the way. Same link as in the original Kickstarter post for it (or DriveThru if you bought it there).

quote:

Hey Folks.

Just wanted to let everyone know that Scum & Villainy v1.6 is out!

What's the differences in 1.6?
It's got 22 new pages, some rules clarifications, 2 new ships, rules updates for final Blades release, a ton more examples, and some world building. Aside from full faction plates, this should be everything new that's coming in the core S&V text.

Where can I get it?
If you're a backer, you should be able to go back to the release link and the files will be updated.

If you got it on DriveThru you can you should have gotten an email notifying you of updates, but if that got spam-boxed or whatnot, you can go to Drivethru, log in and download the new files (either from your library or from the product page).

What's next?
John LL and I will be prioritizing Band of Blades work next till there's a playable alpha/beta. So expect more news on that this month.

For S&V we'll be working on 1.7 which will mostly be incorporating existing blades rules into the text (still waiting on the SRD) so that S&V becomes standalone - and finishing up the remainder of the faction plates. Though that's a ways off (largely because it's a ton of text).

We made a chunk of stuff for our home game that we're talking about releasing as a small expansion this summer (not sure if folks are interested though).

See you around space cowboys. Tell me what you think of the new ships!

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

I ran this game for the first time and it was good and everyone had a good time.

I was worried about making sure I made the first heist 'long enough' before the game, but since everyone was knew I just softballed the consequences (e.g. "failing the roll to break in, you end up sprawled on the floor in a desperate position" rather than "failing the roll to break in, you end up impaled on multiple glass shards") and it all pretty much came together.

I did kind of 'overpower' the Whisper in the party, although I let it slide for that session. They managed to summon and compel a ghost, and I didn't really have a way for the target, the Red Sashes in a hidden house, to have a way to deal with the ghost rampaging through them. I started a countdown clock for 'ghost hunters arrive', but they managed to get out before that ended up filling up.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

xutech posted:

"And Tycherosi will PAY for it".

well, them and the businesses we extort money from

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I'm in the US and got my special edition book two days ago, too

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I just got my SE Hardback. Goddamn is it beautiful.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

:circlefap:

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Is there a way for a filthy euro to purchase this without being murdered by the shipping fees?

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Iceclaw posted:

Is there a way for a filthy euro to purchase this without being murdered by the shipping fees?

This is from a while ago but seems likely to still be true.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bewilderment posted:

I did kind of 'overpower' the Whisper in the party, although I let it slide for that session. They managed to summon and compel a ghost, and I didn't really have a way for the target, the Red Sashes in a hidden house, to have a way to deal with the ghost rampaging through them. I started a countdown clock for 'ghost hunters arrive', but they managed to get out before that ended up filling up.
A guy in my group has four dots in Attune and the Vicious trauma, so we end up with some insane ghost compulsions, too. He recently rolled well enough that the head of the Grinders was killed by his possessed second-in-command.

The GM usually starts a clock once a murder happens (the bells toll...you hear ravens...). I'm pretty sure he's also running a secret clock toward the either the Spirit Wardens or rival ghosthunters kicking down our door.

Doodmons
Jan 17, 2009
God drat those are beautiful. Why did I cheap out and get the standard hardcover...

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The only downside is that it's so nice, I don't want to put it a game bag or anything.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
And it was waiting for me when I got home today, so that was cool.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Evil Mastermind posted:

The only downside is that it's so nice, I don't want to put it a game bag or anything.
:same:

I cart around gaming books to read, but I don't want this to get scuffed or scratched.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Clearly we will have to buy copies of the standard edition to carry around so the special edition can stay undamaged.

(I'm honestly considering doing this.)

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

admanb posted:

Clearly we will have to buy copies of the standard edition to carry around so the special edition can stay undamaged.

(I'm honestly considering doing this.)

It's why I bought two standard editions. They were loving cheap, too, so why not?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Mentioned this in the Shadowrun thread, but anyone looking for a more narrative Shadowrun there is an in-progress Blades hack that seems pretty solid.
Runners in the Shadows (Direct link to PDF). It's rough around the edges, but seems totally playable.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Read some people on Reddit thinking, since Cortex+ licensing deal is such utter poo poo, that Blades might be the new hot-child for hacks and spin-offs. Like PBTA or Fate. Anyone here with more familiarity seeing that in the pipeline?

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Covok posted:

Read some people on Reddit thinking, since Cortex+ licensing deal is such utter poo poo, that Blades might be the new hot-child for hacks and spin-offs. Like PBTA or Fate. Anyone here with more familiarity seeing that in the pipeline?

Oh yeah. There are already a ton of hacks in the work and the buzz on Blades is hotter than any indie game I've seen in a long time.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

There are already gobs of hacks posted on the G+ page. John is currently working on nailing down what is in the SRD and releasing it. You can get some pretty big thematic shifts just by messing with the Stress/Trauma tracks, and what kind of currencies you're working with. As well as what goals the crews are after. Plus the kickstarter unlocked something like a zillion hacks.

Talk about the SRD.

quote:

I'm working on the SRD with John now (it's almost ready). Here's the skinny so far. All core rules are in. All of Doskvol (including playbooks, ghosts, and all that business is out), except that we give some example moves culled from the playbooks as examples. GMing and playing advice is also out, but it will be included in a separate doc that can't be reproduced but will freely be available as a general "guide" to making Powered by Blades games.

So, specifics:

1.) There will be a generic playbook and lots of examples pulled from existing moves, but all the playbooks (and crews) are out.

2. Yep, the Bodyguard move will be there as an example and it will be intact (we're just pulling moves that are too woven into the setting).

3. Explanatory text will be there (how to use the protect action) but advice text (what a GM should say) won't be in the SRD, though it will be free as reference.

Yep, all things settings are out, but we did leave in a few examples (often with the names changed or removed) to help walk folks through things. The savvy reader can probably pick up a few tidbits from the Dusk.

quote:

yep, what we have in the SRD will be what's available for reproduction. Just like you don't see Beholder or the Mind Flayer in the d20 SRD, we'll have a few abilities that are closely enough tied to the setting they can't be re-used. Those are are pretty few and far between though. I think I only pulled out 2-3 from the entire list of character abilities. Going through crews now.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Covok posted:

Blades has so much DNA from PBTA, you could probably get even splice it down the middle between the two. Or Blades and FATE.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

admanb posted:

Oh yeah. There are already a ton of hacks in the work and the buzz on Blades is hotter than any indie game I've seen in a long time.

It's been stuck in the Top 10 Bestselling on Drivethru since before its release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThreeStep
Nov 5, 2009
I should have sprung for a standard copy instead of sticking to POD, the wait is killing me.