Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Euclidea is a game made up entirely of Euclidean geometry puzzles. This is the kind of stuff that my high school math teacher would assign in his class so I feel really stupid about how bad I am at the game :mad:

edit: The app seems alright, I haven't seen any ads and you can skip levels if you get stumped. The Play store description says that you can play the whole game for free if you get enough stars in each level, so I assume this means there will be a wall at some point where I can't skip levels unless I go back and get full stars, but I haven't hit that wall yet.

vvvv edit2 vvvv Yeah, I was able to unlock the second level set without perfecting the first one, but after that it's a requirement.

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jun 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Euclidea is a game made up entirely of Euclidean geometry puzzles. This is the kind of stuff that my high school math teacher would assign in his class so I feel really stupid about how bad I am at the game :mad:

edit: The app seems alright, I haven't seen any ads and you can skip levels if you get stumped. The Play store description says that you can play the whole game for free if you get enough stars in each level, so I assume this means there will be a wall at some point where I can't skip levels unless I go back and get full stars, but I haven't hit that wall yet.

Literally every level set. You need all the previous stars to unlock the next set of levels. That said, it's not too bad, just finding all the ways of beating each level and if you're utterly stumped and still don't want to pay you can just Google it.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Kunster posted:

So there's no way of using one while there's a delivery going from my stockpile?

Nope. Hope you like watching ads!

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
I'm enjoying the crazy taxi clicker, but I think I went through like 50 ads the other day. It didn't bug me too much because I was doing other things, but it's nuts how many things can be sped up / how many bonuses are locked behind ads.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Nope. Hope you like watching ads!

He's posting in the Android games thread, isn't he? That's sort of assumed.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Anyone play Armory and Machine yet? It's a nice little incremental clicker. Free, no ads jk I just found ads but they're totally optional. I'm not very far but seems neat.

thehoodie fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jun 6, 2017

EvilChameleon
Nov 20, 2003

In my infinite money,
the jimmies rustle softly.
I tried the other picross recommendations I got earlier and I just went back to Hungry Cat Picross. So, could I get some recommendation for other puzzle games since I'm never quitting HCP?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

EvilChameleon posted:

I tried the other picross recommendations I got earlier and I just went back to Hungry Cat Picross. So, could I get some recommendation for other puzzle games since I'm never quitting HCP?

I loved both of these on iOS

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appynation.wbpc&hl=en

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CasualLabs.PaintItBack&hl=en

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
realm grinder kinda sucks or am I missing something? I get up to like 100 Sx Gold and there's nothing else to do?
ok you're supposed to reincarnate dozens of times

I've been having a lot of fun with Clickpocalypse II though

darkhand fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jun 6, 2017

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

darkhand posted:

realm grinder kinda sucks or am I missing something? I get up to like 100 Sx Gold and there's nothing else to do?

I've been having a lot of fun with Clickpocalypse II though

You get to reincarnate at 1 Oc gold. Other things to do start opening up around R3 if I recall correctly; you get bloodlines and later mercenaries and challenges and research etc etc etc. If new and exciting ways to fool around with making gold/gems faster isn't the 'something else to do' you're looking for (i.e. you prefer games like A Dark Room/Candy Box over Sandcastle Builder) you can pretty safely give it a miss.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Randallteal posted:

I'm enjoying the crazy taxi clicker, but I think I went through like 50 ads the other day. It didn't bug me too much because I was doing other things, but it's nuts how many things can be sped up / how many bonuses are locked behind ads.
I don't mind too much, they're generally short ads and if I stopped speeding up scratch-ticket deliveries that would cut most of my ad watching down. What bugs me is when you get a blimp and you get a WATCH THE AD reward and your only choice is to watch the ad or get nothing, not even a lesser reward for not watching one option.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

You get to reincarnate at 1 Oc gold. Other things to do start opening up around R3 if I recall correctly; you get bloodlines and later mercenaries and challenges and research etc etc etc. If new and exciting ways to fool around with making gold/gems faster isn't the 'something else to do' you're looking for (i.e. you prefer games like A Dark Room/Candy Box over Sandcastle Builder) you can pretty safely give it a miss.

Naw it appeals to me i'm just idiot and thought I was hitting a wall. I didn't know reincarnation was really even i a thing, i thought that's what the blue gems did, but that's something else i guess. Some more stuff grayed out on the UI could be helpful, to give you something on the horizon.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Can anyone recommend a decent clicker/idle game? I've only played one mobile idle game (something involving oil rigs). It doesn't need to be flashy or anything--the more minimalist the better--but I haven't been following the trends, so I don't know what's good out there.

It's something I'd be poking at in small lulls of quiet time at work, as opposed to chipping away at Gems of War bouts.

EvilChameleon
Nov 20, 2003

In my infinite money,
the jimmies rustle softly.

To clarify, I'm not looking for more picross games, just puzzle games in general, because apparently I can't get into ones that aren't Hungry Cat.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

Morter posted:

Can anyone recommend a decent clicker/idle game? I've only played one mobile idle game (something involving oil rigs). It doesn't need to be flashy or anything--the more minimalist the better--but I haven't been following the trends, so I don't know what's good out there.

It's something I'd be poking at in small lulls of quiet time at work, as opposed to chipping away at Gems of War bouts.

My current jam is Realm Grinder: https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...vAgnxPqhfonk-tA

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Morter posted:

Egg Inc, or the goon-made Bit City (made by the Tiny Tower people).

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Egg Inc, or the goon-made Bit City (made by the Tiny Tower people).

Second bit city, I've been addicted to it for the past few days.

My personal all time fave is Disco Zoo, since it is cute.

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
Is Anyone playing Mordheim: Warband Skirmish? I noticed it was on the play store last night and I've put a few hours into it. I haven't quite made up my mind on it, as it's rough going and it seems a little bland until you level guys up and get neat skills.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

can i just bullshit my way through KODP and do ok? i wanna get into it cause it sounds awesome but i have no idea what is happening. guess i can RP as the worst cheif ever

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

queeb posted:

can i just bullshit my way through KODP and do ok? i wanna get into it cause it sounds awesome but i have no idea what is happening. guess i can RP as the worst cheif ever

You totally can. I'm not sure if there IS a game over condition besides "take too long to win" (which is a long time). It's fun just seeing all the different outcomes to events.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Ok I think I already know the answer to this, they are poo poo games, but thought I would ask just in case.

Has anyone played DomiNations or Forge of Empires? I see ads for them all the time that make them look like something I would enjoy but I know most of those games tend to be crap. Are they worth playing or is there something better in that build up from nothing into a civilization type of game?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

EvilChameleon posted:

To clarify, I'm not looking for more picross games, just puzzle games in general, because apparently I can't get into ones that aren't Hungry Cat.

It's a different type of game but have you tried Pathpix? It scratches a very similar itch.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Trastion posted:

Ok I think I already know the answer to this, they are poo poo games, but thought I would ask just in case.

Has anyone played DomiNations or Forge of Empires? I see ads for them all the time that make them look like something I would enjoy but I know most of those games tend to be crap. Are they worth playing or is there something better in that build up from nothing into a civilization type of game?

Dunno about those games but battle of polytopia is a decent, but small, civ-like.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

peepsalot posted:

Dunno about those games but battle of polytopia is a decent, but small, civ-like.

I like the look of it, how are the IAPs?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Incessant Excess posted:

I like the look of it, how are the IAPs?

The only IAP is if you want to unlock additional civs to play as. It comes with 5 or 6 by default, and there are another half dozen you can purchase. None of them are required, but the swords one is great for doing an early 1v1 rush and winning in turn 5 or so.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Morter posted:

Armory & Machine!!!! Hits the minimalist checkbox for sure.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Morter posted:

I've been playing Slurpy Derpy for the past week

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

thehoodie posted:

Anyone play Armory and Machine yet? It's a nice little incremental clicker. Free, no ads jk I just found ads but they're totally optional. I'm not very far but seems neat.

Really liking this one so far

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

I just started playing Dungeon, Inc as my first idle game ever and I'm wondering, is there big differences between other idlers/clickers?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

thehoodie posted:

Armory & Machine!!!! Hits the minimalist checkbox for sure.

Yeah, not super far in but it scratches the Dark Room itch.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

EvilChameleon posted:

euclidea could be fun if you like that sort of puzzle. I'm not even vaguely good at it and I still found it engaging enough to play it until I got a headache

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

binge crotching posted:

The only IAP is if you want to unlock additional civs to play as. It comes with 5 or 6 by default, and there are another half dozen you can purchase. None of them are required, but the swords one is great for doing an early 1v1 rush and winning in turn 5 or so.

Speaking of, there's a new race coming out in two days:

https://twitter.com/Midjiwan/status/872038726037327872

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Do the different hats in Ridiculous Fishing do anything special?

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I'm bored with gatchas and clickers. I need something different but I can't really find much. Any suggestions on new releases which stand out?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Alehkhs posted:

Speaking of, there's a new race coming out in two days:

https://twitter.com/Midjiwan/status/872038726037327872

Well, I know what I'm spending my survey money on.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Sort of outside of the scope of the Android gaming thread, but have you played Shenzen I/O (PC)? Is it any good?

It's fantastic. Did you play any of Zackatronic's other games? Spacechem or Infinifactory? If you liked those and you know basic programing logic or are willing to learn, you will probably like it a lot.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

queeb posted:

Yeah. In the first game I think you could probably end up broke enough that you can't rez your party, but it's not terribly terribly hard, just don't spread your skills out too much until your guys have a lot of energy.

KODP 2 is way easier, I beat it in a couple long afternoons and bus rides.

khy posted:

I'm bored with gatchas and clickers. I need something different but I can't really find much. Any suggestions on new releases which stand out?
Day R is pretty chill, if you like just wandering around exploring and scavenging for loot and food. I've never noticed my hunger/thirst/etc continuing to any kind of notable level when I go offline either, the other day I badly injured my character and was running out of food and got frustrated, and two or three days later I've checked in a couple times and my guy is still chillaxin'.

You can also play offline, and save multiple profiles so you can be playing on Easy and Hard, and also have an online game going as well if you want. The people online seem to enjoy going out of their way to help anyone who can survive 14 days online, there're pretty decent sized clusters of players around the early and late late areas and I've just been walking along and had someone sneak up and send me a package containing 45 toxic water lights (irradiated shrroms in badly toxic water, they last for a long-rear end time and items stack.. So I basically have light forever, if I don't lose track of where I stored two thirds of them.)

There are ads in Day R but you can mute them and whatever media app you're playing music/etc will restart without you needing to back out and do it manually which is nice, and most ads can be skipped in 5 seconds. Ads mainly only popup when you hit the Search button FYI.

I've also been playing Solar Raid, which is a nice-looking space station "tower defense" game where you build a space station to hold off bad guys. The later levels begin to get more expensive to unlock but it's fun and most missions last less than 10 minutes so I can finish them on the bus, etc.

I also saw an ad for a nice-looking citybuilder/realms style game which had a lot of really nice looking units in huge armies, a la Total War or Age of Mythology.. Big squares of swordsmen and archers and cavalry backed up by big-rear end monsters.. I forgot the name of it and I'm afraid it looks like one of those "you really need to get in a clan and invade players all day" games which I'm not a huge fan of however, it was really good-looking. It seemed like it had a bit of card/gacha going too where you play cards to place units on the field in battle. Anybody recognize what I'm talking about?

Edit: oh there's a Metro 2033 android game that has 50k reviews and looks pretty clean, if anybody enjoys apocalyptic russian settings and grammar to match. I'll probably check it out after finals week.

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jun 7, 2017

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I'm playing 80 days again and I can't get myself to not care about the 80 day limit. I got stuck in Japan again with no money to make it across the pacific so I think I'm going to just restart and make it my goal to just see the sights.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

CascadeBeta posted:

I'm playing 80 days again and I can't get myself to not care about the 80 day limit. I got stuck in Japan again with no money to make it across the pacific so I think I'm going to just restart and make it my goal to just see the sights.

I hated that I went aaaaaall the way down to Ujiji to deliver something that was worth $2500, and on my way there, picked up something that was worth $8200 in Baku... and I can't get back to Baku :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
I've been playing a lot of Ballz lately and i want to find something in the same vein

Like, kind of a puzzle game? But not really a puzzle game. But I'm not opposed to puzzle games. Just something very conceptually light and addictive that I can play in short bursts while my students are taking a test.

eta: this is obviously a huge class of games and I'm sure y'all have a billion recs, just lemme know like what your favorite one is