Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

JoeRules posted:

Out of curiosity, what comic book movie would you folks say has the best script? I can think of way more examples of utterly lovely scripts than I can even passable ones.

A History of Violence, American Splendor, Ghost World

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Josie and the Pussycats.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

JoeRules posted:

Out of curiosity, what comic book movie would you folks say has the best script? I can think of way more examples of utterly lovely scripts than I can even passable ones.

I'm gonna limit it to super-hero movies because

Mechafunkzilla posted:

A History of Violence, American Splendor, Ghost World

these are all obvious but feel like cheating. Honestly, X2 might be right up there, and Deadpool's script is definitely the highlight of the movie (along with ryan reynolds in general), which is not something one says about superhero movies ever.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

The MSJ posted:

They are rumored to be using multiple Lanterns.

There's another rumor that Justice League will have a cameo from one: Abin Sur will be shown fighting Darkseid's army alongside humans, Atlanteans, and Amazons.

Was there a motherbox anywhere in WW? I kept an eye out for one when they were in the room of magic poo poo but I didn't spot one.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Jose Oquendo posted:

Was there a motherbox anywhere in WW? I kept an eye out for one when they were in the room of magic poo poo but I didn't spot one.

I didn't notice it, but apparently there was one in the scene where Diana was getting her equipment before leaving the island.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Considering the film is scripted as Green Lantern Corps, I'd expect for there to be a bunch of Green Lanterns. If I had to guess (and I probably already have in CD), it would be a John Stewart origin story, but with Hal Jordan also being a focus. My personal desire is for there to be a film adaptation of Zero Hour, so Hal's a necessity.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Drifter posted:

It will never be AS good as it could have been since Kurt Russell can't be Mogo - The Living Planet because he's already the other stupid planet. :colbert:

There's already been several actors who played different characters in different superhero movies, there's absolutely no reason that Kurt couldn't also play Mogo. Plus it would be hilarious if he became typecast as 'the planet guy' :v:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

My dream Green Lantern Corp movie would be about Hal Jordan's pedophilia accusation trial.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

DC Murderverse posted:

I'm watching BvS again and this is always something that makes me smile a little bit:

Does this logo look familiar to anyone?

How about now:

Yeah. It looks like the Lakers logo, which makes sense, since it's a basketball court.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I would actually love to see them eventually try and do a movie adaptation of Mosaic.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

It makes sense to have John Stewart costar in a GLC, since they get brownie points for having a PoC as a superhero. Going with just Hal, Kyle or Guy would just open them up for having a lily white cast. So John prominently featuring in the GLC movie is a safe bet

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

There isn't anything to cut from Ghost World's script.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

McCloud posted:

It makes sense to have John Stewart costar in a GLC, since they get brownie points for having a PoC as a superhero. Going with just Hal, Kyle or Guy would just open them up for having a lily white cast. So John prominently featuring in the GLC movie is a safe bet

Isn't Kyle half Latino? Plus, they can always racebend Hal. Someone like Oscar Isaac could work, but I'm still hoping Armie Hammer get the role.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

DC Murderverse posted:

I'm gonna limit it to super-hero movies because

these are all obvious but feel like cheating. Honestly, X2 might be right up there, and Deadpool's script is definitely the highlight of the movie (along with ryan reynolds in general), which is not something one says about superhero movies ever.

Pure script? Full Watchmen script probably, but that's also cheating.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Also whenever Watchmen veers away from the comic the script is terrible, e.g. "do that thing you do" and "I triggered it 35 minutes ago"

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

McCloud posted:

Kyle isn't lily white.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
There a woman who was also a Green Lantern and had green skin but was a human being IIRC, Jade? Was she ever in anything big in the comics?

Watch the mimic the un-aired Justice League pilot and have the GL be Guy Gardner, but he looks like Hal Jordan, and his outfit is Kyle Raynor's.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Neo Rasa posted:

There a woman who was also a Green Lantern and had green skin but was a human being IIRC, Jade? Was she ever in anything big in the comics?

Watch the mimic the un-aired Justice League pilot and have the GL be Guy Gardner, but he looks like Hal Jordan, and his outfit is Kyle Raynor's.

Jade I believe is the daughter of the original Green Lantern, Alan Scott.

So if she was in stuff it'd be JSA stuff

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Make a Green Lantern movie starring Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz and watch motherfuckers spontaneously combust in rage.

Equeen posted:

they can always racebend Hal.
Not while Johns still lives.

sub supau fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jun 5, 2017

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

TetsuoTW posted:

Make a Green Lantern movie starring Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz and watch motherfuckers spontaneously combust in rage.

I low key really want this. The countless meltdowns from racists, sexists, Hal fans, Kyle fans, and John fans would be a sight to behold :getin:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Kyle fans wouldn't have expected Kyle to get anything anyway, so their outrage would be pretty muted.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Weird Thor videos continue.
https://streamable.com/ma09h

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Equeen posted:

I low key really want this. The countless meltdowns from racists, sexists, Hal fans, Kyle fans, and John fans would be a sight to behold :getin:

Meltdowns from racists/sexists = 1) immediate, somewhat loud outcry for about a week 2) clickbait articles up until the release of the movie 3) after the release a few mentions of it here and there 4) then it just gets stuck on some kind of WatchMojo list of 10 Movies That Changed a Character's Race. That is the extent of the cultural impact. The average person will be completely unaware that there even is a controversy.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that nerds within the bowels of the internet will argue amongst one another, and nobody will care. This step would have happened regardless.

edit: I guess what I mean to say is that sometimes it feels like the expectation of controversy is way more discussed than the actual controversy. Then again I don't frequent the forums at KKKAnime.com or whatever so who knows

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jun 5, 2017

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Thanks for nothing Russo... lol

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Is this how viral marketing works now? I mean, I like it, just curious.

After seeing Wonder Woman I went down a DCEU rumor hole. So...is Black Adam The Rock and Green Lantern(s) gonna show up in Justice League? Were there swirling rumors about the previous movies? I didn't follow their production.

Aurubin fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jun 5, 2017

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Aurubin posted:

Is this how viral marketing works now? I mean, I like it, just curious.

Black Adam is the Rock, yes. And I don't believe a GL will be in that movie. Shazam/Capt Marvel will, though, I think.

I think it's not viral marketing as much as it is just keeping already invested fans involved. They're just like super-cheap teasers and poo poo, but even lower budget - although pretty drat funny. But I'm not entirely sure what viral marketing actually does. :shrug:

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Drifter posted:

Black Adam is the Rock, yes. And I don't believe a GL will be in that movie. Shazam/Capt Marvel will, though, I think.

I think it's not viral marketing as much as it is just keeping already invested fans involved. They're just like super-cheap teasers and poo poo, but even lower budget - although pretty drat funny. But I'm not entirely sure what viral marketing actually does. :shrug:

Oops, to my second point, I meant in the Justice League movie a la Wonder Woman in BvS.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

If Thor can always be the funniest guy I'll love em all. Looking back it was a mistake not to be funny all the time. That's why the Earth stuff when he's at the shop is so good.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Uh-oh
https://twitter.com/KTNV/status/871835382307930112

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Haha. The darkest timeline.
:golfclap:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

You watched Wonder Woman, now watch a movie about where she came from,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ev4vgK0L7g

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
For context if anyone wasn't aware the guy who created Wonder Woman lived in a polyamorous household with his wife and another female companion and they were part of a female empowerment bondage sex cult and he also invented the lie detector. Now everything about Wonder Woman makes perfect sense to you.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Neo Rasa posted:

For context if anyone wasn't aware the guy who created Wonder Woman lived in a polyamorous household with his wife and another female companion and they were part of a female empowerment bondage sex cult and he also invented the lie detector. Now everything about Wonder Woman makes perfect sense to you.

But why is she made of clay?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Oh that makes total sense don't you worry.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Because he'd read Pygmalion probably.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Depicting Civil War's big fight as a bunch of action figures just standing around is simultaneously a good gag and an extremely accurate representation of the film.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Adam was created from clay, Eve from Adam's rib. Wonder Woman is equal to any man, and thus is also made from clay.

Also Zeus was a huge fan of Ghost and insisted that Hippolyta reenact the pottery scene.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Snowman_McK posted:

Depicting Civil War's big fight as a bunch of action figures just standing around is simultaneously a good gag and an extremely accurate representation of the film.

Thanks, Russos.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Meltdowns from racists/sexists = 1) immediate, somewhat loud outcry for about a week 2) clickbait articles up until the release of the movie 3) after the release a few mentions of it here and there 4) then it just gets stuck on some kind of WatchMojo list of 10 Movies That Changed a Character's Race. That is the extent of the cultural impact. The average person will be completely unaware that there even is a controversy.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that nerds within the bowels of the internet will argue amongst one another, and nobody will care. This step would have happened regardless.
I don't know if you noticed, but we're in the bowels of the Internet on a site that has spent almost literally decades staring and laughing at the turd logs that pass by. Of course normal people won't care, but since when have normal people had any place here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Henry Cavill posted this:

Meanwhile, Joel Kinnaman said that Suicide Squad 2 will begin filming next year. They are looking for a director.

• Locked thread