Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

OhsH posted:

I do not think nando would have won the indy 500, but he would have been very close.

He was too far back. Should've been somewhere in the top 5 at the point his engine blew up. Don't forget there was another caution afterwards. You can't pass during cautions and his restarts were, um, sub-optimal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

N: Massa wants to keep racing.

V: Massa, please hang it up.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

uXs posted:

He was too far back. Should've been somewhere in the top 5 at the point his engine blew up. Don't forget there was another caution afterwards. You can't pass during cautions and his restarts were, um, sub-optimal.

Caution is thrown because alonso's engine dies, and then a turn 1 pile up on the restart from alonso's caution.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bring Williams to the fia for disrupting the sport

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

loving retire again Massa. Take Stroll with you.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Massa must be banned. His treason and race fixing is unacceptable.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

loving retire again Massa. Take Stroll with you.

Massa should take a stroll, amiritefellas? :smug:

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
What bums me out about Alonso is that I think he's going to have a hard time going to a competitive team in F1 if he still plans to race at Indy, purely from a contractual standpoint. It would be great to see him in the Mercedes, but is Mercedes really going to allow Alonso to go race in a Honda or Chevrolet indycar? I refuse to believe that he has any intention of staying with McLaren past this season.

I guess maybe this was just a one-off since Honda McLaren is so depressingly bad this year, and that he could just pick it up in a number of years when he's out of F1.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/analysis-liberty-s-vision-for-future-of-f1-broadcasting-914818/

Read that for some real positivity about F1 broadcasting and what Liberty ultimately wants to do.

Also, gently caress all you Williams loving haters you pieces of loving garbage absolute loving filth. Polluting this thread with that poo poo god drat bandwagonning glory hunting pack of turds you are.

Bear Is Driving
Mar 30, 2003

Massa should drive until next spring.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Bear Is Driving posted:

lol

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Bear Is Driving posted:

Heh.

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

iospace posted:

GET YOUR GANGTAGS HERE:

Tell me if you want it centered or not as well.

I would like this tag please, centered works. Thank you!

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Wirth1000 posted:

How's that intentional spreading of AIDS coming along?

Pretty cool, just like posting about the Scud Studs 24/7.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

This weekend was a good weekend. On the highway I got passed by 10 Ferraris, 15 Lamborghinis and 2 Bugatti Veyrons.

Apparently there was some kind of supercar show.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

dreesemonkey posted:

What bums me out about Alonso is that I think he's going to have a hard time going to a competitive team in F1 if he still plans to race at Indy, purely from a contractual standpoint. It would be great to see him in the Mercedes, but is Mercedes really going to allow Alonso to go race in a Honda or Chevrolet indycar? I refuse to believe that he has any intention of staying with McLaren past this season.

I guess maybe this was just a one-off since Honda McLaren is so depressingly bad this year, and that he could just pick it up in a number of years when he's out of F1.

I think if Alonso stays in F1 he stays at McLaren and hopes Honda gets better or goes to Renault and hope they get better. He isn't realistically going back to Ferrari or will be Ham's teammate or get paid a bunch of money by RBR.

I actually think Alonso at Renault would be interesting in '18. They certainly seem serious about investing in F1 even if they haven't gotten results yet.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wirth1000 posted:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/analysis-liberty-s-vision-for-future-of-f1-broadcasting-914818/

Read that for some real positivity about F1 broadcasting and what Liberty ultimately wants to do.

quote:

"Your most valuable fans are your most passionate fans," says Carey. "Because we actually have an incredibly important group of passionate fans around the world who love the sport."

That line alone is the seller. If you chase casuals, you end up like NASCAR, and well, look at that flaming pile of poo poo that is starting a death spiral.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Bear Is Driving posted:

:discourse:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

NASCAR is currently so bad it's good. Random rule changes. Inconsistent penalties. Biggest names in the sport leaving or scared of dying every interview.

I can't wait to see Jr savage the sport once he leaves. I hopes they listen and fix it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

NASCAR is currently so bad it's good. Random rule changes. Inconsistent penalties. Biggest names in the sport leaving or scared of dying every interview.

I can't wait to see Jr savage the sport once he leaves. I hopes they listen and fix it.

It's sort of there, yes, but how long will the "so bad it's good" phase last.

I'm more looking forward to Dale though taking them to utter task.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I see a lot of people in 88 shirts in the crowds. Betting there's a sharp drop in live attendance next year. Anyway enough about tanks in the fighter jet thread.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Human Grand Prix posted:

RHR, Rossi, Alonso and Sato had the fastest cars so he might have been up there.

lmao at your av

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

iospace posted:

That line alone is the seller. If you chase casuals, you end up like NASCAR, and well, look at that flaming pile of poo poo that is starting a death spiral.

Well, I don't know, when your most passionate fans are these guys....

...it probably is in your best interest to try and attract a different sort of crowd.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wirth1000 posted:

Well, I don't know, when your most passionate fans are these guys....

...it probably is in your best interest to try and attract a different sort of crowd.

Good point

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

iospace posted:

Which one did you take? :allears:

As for the tags, I've submitted them to the queue, they'll go whenever the admin processes them.

We all got driver and passenger time in each car. These guys ran it very well, for anyone in or around the general Toronto/Niagara area interested in doing something like this, I'd definitely recommend it. I don't know if there's rules against linking directly to businesses, but the company is called Ultimate Exotics and we did the "5 hour VIP exotic car experience". I can now say I've beaten the poo poo out of pretty much all of those, except maybe the McLaren which was new and they were a little more protective of. "Protective" being basically saying "guys, please take it easy on redlining this car repeatedly, kthx".

Edit: For a really quick summary, it was hard to pick a favourite. The Califirornia had the fastest, crispest shifts, the R8 had the most satisfying downshifts, the Lambo was a brute that you really had to muscle around, the GTR was an absolute acceleration beast, and the McLaren was like driving a fighter jet.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Racism is bad raceism is not

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Norns posted:

F1 2017: Click Here for Raceism

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Norns posted:

I had an email from a friend a while ago asking if I wanted to try the new racesim place. At a quick glance I thought it was time to get new friends.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

You can play like $35 a month and watch both F1 and MotoGP and like every other sport on PS Vue. I'm no fancy businessman or anything but I do think it now will be hard for streaming services to get near that line. Whereas a few years ago you had to start at like $80 to get HD cable service with some sports channels.

Here's how they make that price point irrelevant: no ads, stream every F1 race that's ever been filmed.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

Here's how they make that price point irrelevant: no ads, stream every F1 race that's ever been filmed.

Guess what MotoGP does.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Niggers is code for traction control, duh.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

dreesemonkey posted:

Barring some real out-of-left-field driver movement, like Hamilton surprise retiring, I don't see how he does anything but re-sign with McLaren.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Benetton was suspected of employing Niggers during the 1994 season but nothing was ever proven.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Estoril want back in the calendar, looks just like Barcelona at first glance
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-portugal-talks-return-algarve-914813/

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Kilmers Elbow posted:

Benetton was suspected of employing Niggers during the 1994 season but nothing was ever proven.

How about you stop.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Jesus, I finally finished reading all of this and Carey owns. He genuinely understands where the market is headed and wants to embrace that direction instead of fighting it.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

Barring some real out-of-left-field driver movement, like Hamilton surprise retiring, I don't see how he does anything but re-sign with McLaren.

He'll go to Ferrari if they don't get both the WCC and WDC.

But yeah if I was a betting man I'd put money on McLaren. There would have to have a three mile island style meltdown at Mercedes for him to even be considered over there.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

djssniper posted:

Estoril want back in the calendar, looks just like Barcelona at first glance
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-portugal-talks-return-algarve-914813/

It's basically a copy. I have no strong opinions but it's not a very exciting circuit.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.circuitodeguadix.com/

Lol at this circuit's name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

1500quidporsche posted:

He'll go to Ferrari if they don't get both the WCC and WDC.

But yeah if I was a betting man I'd put money on McLaren. There would have to have a three mile island style meltdown at Mercedes for him to even be considered over there.

McLaren also makes sense if he wants to stay in F1 and collect a fat paycheque, but have his team by the balls enough that they'll still let him skip races to do other things he wants to do... AND set him up with a ride.

• Locked thread