Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

RiggenBlaque posted:

I don't think I'll ever get over the shocking hypocrisy of Evangelicals supporting Trump, it's just too much to take in.

They basically voted for the Supreme Court seat. That's pretty rational imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

FuriousxGeorge posted:

I'm going to throw one bigly humdinger of a hootenanny for this year's Comeybowl. I haven't been this excited since Fitzmas.

Super Bowl to you, Senators.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Spicer press briefing scheduled to start in 10 minutes

Piell fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jun 6, 2017

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

OxySnake posted:

No doubt. But at the same time he could answer questions as to Trumps request of him for the Russian investigation. Either way it could be a huge testimony. (It will probably be nothing major)

Kinda wish Comey would fire back some questions of his own. "Last time I sent a letter to Chaffetz about Hill's email, he leaked it. Why? Also, what the gently caress is up with Nunes trying to scuttle the house investigation." "What's the deal with airline peanuts"

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Trump killing the Tea Party by being too blatant about their agenda would unironically be his greatest achievement.

He is the Monkey's Paw wish the Tea Party made 8 years ago.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

evilweasel posted:

also w/r/t republican questions, keep in mind many of them are dumb and comey gets to respond to their grandstanding

And despite Comet's various missteps and the mixed feelings about him around parts, he's a clever dude. He's not going to be dunked on easily.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Alter Ego posted:

Trump killing the Tea Party would unironically be his greatest achievement.

There are others?

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

FizFashizzle posted:

There are others?

Duh, not getting an STI during the 80s

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

Spaced God posted:

https://twitter.com/LoopEmma/status/872137319456935938

I loving love when people see the bed they made.

You'd think that every Senator would have an aide who's job is to do nothing but watch Trump's twitter feed and keep said Senator updated on the latest crisis.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Night10194 posted:

How the gently caress does a Republican lose the MILITARY?

What's really crazy is that somehow it wasn't badmouthing McCain, PoWs, and Gold Star families. It also wasn't belittling and misunderstanding the Purple Heart on two separate occasions. It wasn't "dodging" the draft and his "personal Vietnam" STD comment.

Yeah, wait, if it wasn't all of that, how did he finally lose their support?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

There are others?

Yes, of course. He's easily the most corrupt, dumbest, most embarrassing human being to occupy the office, and that list includes Warren Harding and George W. Bush.

What's more, he managed to claim the title in less than 6 months from a guy who held it only after 8 years of fuckups.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

As someone who's related to a whole bunch of evangelicals by marriage I'm comfortable saying that they're some of the foulest, most hateful hypocrites on the planet.

And they're so mother loving boring on top of it, which is somehow the worst part of all.

That's what happens when you believe everything BUT being a racist rear end in a top hat is a mortal sin. You're too scared to do anything resembling fun or have a real personality because you'll go to hell if you do.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Rigel posted:

My guess is that members of the military are weirdly more knowledgable about random foreign situations and how our national interests are being advanced and protected. Last year the closest my crazyass brother (who was in the army) came to thinking about possibly not supporting Trump was when I told him about some dumbass thing Trump said about Serbia.

i imagine it's a lot like when employees lose faith in their superior's ability to both understand and operate.

like, the quickest way to lose a team is to prove without a doubt that you have no understanding of their job functions, the nature of the business, etc. which is exactly what trump does with each foreign policy tweet.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Alter Ego posted:

He is the Monkey's Paw wish the Tea Party made 8 years ago.

"Please God let us have full control of the government sometime in the next decade, I don't even care who is president as long as they are a Republican."

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

ReidRansom posted:

And despite Comet's various missteps and the mixed feelings about him around parts, he's a clever dude. He's not going to be dunked on easily.

I think that's going to be one of the better parts of the hearing. Comey's not going to say anything damaging to the case against Trump. He's to smart to throw info out there that shouldn't be. I'm sure he won't hesitate to slap down the various committee member who want to use him as a prop however.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Nothus posted:

They basically voted for the Supreme Court seat. That's pretty rational imo.

I guess it's possible to be rational and wholly hypocritical at the same time.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
I also like to imagine that an IT person at the Pentagon has rigged a television to display Trump tweets and to play a dive bell every time there is a new one.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FizFashizzle posted:

There are others?

Killing his own brand, shining a spotlight on Russian influence throughout American politics, Democratic wave (maybe)

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

BarbarianElephant posted:

For all we know, it's because he wants to reassure the public that nothing concerning the public took place. Certainly nothing that would place his beloved Republican party in a bad light.

You say that, but he stood up to Bush a number of times, and was an important witness in the torture hearings

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

evilweasel posted:

also w/r/t republican questions, keep in mind many of them are dumb and comey gets to respond to their grandstanding

every one of these I watch I desperately want Comey/Clapper/Yates/whoever to respond to the Republican questions with "that's a very stupid thing to ask me" and they never do and it makes me sad

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Ice Phisherman posted:

Sounds like quite the hullabaloo. The hurly-burly of DC life must finally be getting to him. Hopefully it'll be more than aimless palaver.

President vim and vigor

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Not directly Trump related, but tangentially related to the russian hacking stuff.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/russian-state-hackers-use-britney-spears-instagram-posts-to-control-malware/

quote:

Russian State Hackers Use Britney Spears Instagram Posts to Control Malware

Just goes to show you the level of hilarious obfuscation involved in state sponsored hacking.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Potato Salad posted:

A thousand thousand nerds alt-tab and google "humdinger" myself included

You disgusting sacks will proceed to culturally appropriate it as you did "y'all".

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Rigel posted:

My guess is that members of the military are weirdly more knowledgable about random foreign situations and how our national interests are being advanced and protected. Last year the closest my crazyass brother (who was in the army) came to thinking about possibly not supporting Trump was when I told him about some dumbass thing Trump said about Serbia.

Not weirdly. The US military spends tons of time abroad. Average citizens are isolated from most of the rest of the world. They aren't. They are also privy to information we either don't know or information that isn't widely known with more nuance. Often from having been there.

He also undermines and occasionally endangers them. When he spoke to Duerte for example he revealed that there were several subs near his country. He did this because he wanted to brag. He couldn't keep his mouth shut.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-missiles-submarines-idUSKBN18K15Y

Also remember that while the military is conservative it's not conservative through and through. The military is largely apolitical.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

theflyingorc posted:

every one of these I watch I desperately want Comey/Clapper/Yates/whoever to respond to the Republican questions with "that's a very stupid thing to ask me" and they never do and it makes me sad

Sometimes you get a gem. Remember when Clapper answered Gowdy's question with more detail than he wanted?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Night10194 posted:

How the gently caress does a Republican lose the MILITARY?

Go out there and deliberately weaken our power abroad? While making GBS threads on our main allies?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Spun Dog posted:

Sometimes you get a gem. Remember when Clapper answered Gowdy's question with more detail than he wanted?

You get good answers but Gowdy's questions are SO GODDAMN STUPID and I really want them to just say "are you kidding me, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard"

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

TildeATH posted:

You disgusting sacks will proceed to culturally appropriate it as you did "y'all".

you can't culturally appropriate from a group that lacks culture

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

You get good answers but Gowdy's questions are SO GODDAMN STUPID and I really want them to just say "are you kidding me, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard"

The natural result of having to run pass blocking for Donald Trump, of course.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

theflyingorc posted:

Tomorrow should be ... different.

Comey is now no longer a federal employee and it sounds like he's already confirmed stuff with Mueller

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rigel posted:

"Please God let us have full control of the government sometime in the next decade, I don't even care who is president as long as they are a Republican."

I wish I was able to draw because a cartoon of a hand holding a monkey's paw with one finger going down with a speech bubble above it with these words would be a hell of a good political cartoon.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

RuanGacho posted:

Tomorrow should be ... different.

Comey is now no longer a federal employee and it sounds like he's already confirmed stuff with Mueller

He's also proven that he enjoys dropping news-making bombshells on unprepared Senators in the middle of a hearing.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

evilweasel posted:

you can't culturally appropriate from a group that lacks culture

Bless your heart. :colbert:

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

My dick is rock hard for Comey's humdinger.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/AJEnglish/status/872146302636875776

I like how every branch of government has basically adopted "Ignore the President, he's a moron" as official policy.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/Acosta/status/872148341626425345

An actual puppetmaster defense, amazing

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/mckaycoppins/status/872150240308154368

:sad:

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Fitzy Fitz posted:

What's really crazy is that somehow it wasn't badmouthing McCain, PoWs, and Gold Star families. It also wasn't belittling and misunderstanding the Purple Heart on two separate occasions. It wasn't "dodging" the draft and his "personal Vietnam" STD comment.

Yeah, wait, if it wasn't all of that, how did he finally lose their support?

Ex military friend of mine literally almost single-issue voted on him for his claimed support of the military and vets.

That and NOT HILLARY.

He also believed the guy was a friend of the working class so I guess what I'm saying is he was real dumb

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Jesus Christ, can someone please ask Spicey why Trump is so invested in creating fake news? This is pathetic. It's like grade-school levels of bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Alter Ego posted:

Jesus Christ, can someone please ask Spicey why Trump is so invested in creating fake news? This is pathetic. It's like grade-school levels of bullshit.

Well, I mean, the obvious answer is that they're incapable of passing real policy. Next best thing?

• Locked thread