Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Because they dont take free society seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Spaced God posted:

Someone a few days ago said they would be interested in seeing who was still clinging to the sinking ship that is Trump:
https://twitter.com/reidepstein/status/872120075104464896

Sadly regressives are like most abuse vics will come back when there's a lull/a tiny(plank length) climb out of the hole.

Or they'll come back as they get used to this new level of horrible.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Night10194 posted:

How the gently caress does a Republican lose the MILITARY?
By not knowing when to shut his loving gob / tweets. Proving once more that Colbert was WRONG and that Trump is not Putin's holster for anything!

He's far too incompetent for that. :ssh:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Alter Ego posted:

Jesus Christ, can someone please ask Spicey why Trump is so invested in creating fake news? This is pathetic. It's like grade-school levels of bullshit.

He likes attention. He doesn't care what he says so long as it makes people talk about him. Even if what they are saying is "holy god this man is destroying the modern world order" it's still ratings.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Anecdotally, numerous military spouses I know were hella pissed he blabbed sub locations.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Lote posted:

Going through the Office's organization chart, there are only 3-4 men in director or assistant director positions right now. Must be awkward at work if they haven't gotten rid of the guy yet. They also abruptly fired the Director at the end of May for unknown reasons.
So who would the OIG turn over reports like this for prosecution? Atty Gen's office? They'd be the ones to decline? And which of those did Trump appoint?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

What's the chance of Comey revealing something we don't already know tomorrow, small or big?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Night10194 posted:

Constantly threatening to get us into more bullshit wars?

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Pollyanna posted:

What's the chance of Comey revealing something we don't already know tomorrow, small or big?

There's a chance that something he plans to reveal may leak out to the media shortly before the hearing, but if you are only counting stuff we know as of today, then very high.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Pollyanna posted:

Piss-tape is not real. Tape of him touching himself while watching Melania cheating on him is, however.

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I think he's ready for a chair

Pollyanna posted:

I'm putting my money on small. Comey seems like too much of a professional sort of guy that he's not going to go in there guns blazing. I think he'll confirm a lot about what we already know and that's it.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Spaced God posted:

Someone a few days ago said they would be interested in seeing who was still clinging to the sinking ship that is Trump:

That was me - exactly what I thought! :shepface:

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pollyanna posted:

Significant chance of small, pretty minor chance of big. The biggest thing he can/will do is confirm reports re: being asked to let the investigation go/feelings of discomfort with Trumps discussions with him.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

Pollyanna posted:

I'm sure you know this, but to avoid confusion, Comey is testifying Thursday.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Alter Ego posted:

Jesus Christ, can someone please ask Spicey why Trump is so invested in creating fake news? This is pathetic. It's like grade-school levels of bullshit.

haveblue posted:

He likes attention. He doesn't care what he says so long as it makes people talk about him. Even if what they are saying is "holy god this man is destroying the modern world order" it's still ratings.

This isn't just Trump lying to the media. They've bragged to the press before about how the White House staff plays a game to see what's the craziest lie they can get printed. In part it helps them discredit the media in Trump's eyes. I'm sure the bathrobe story is an example.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Nothus posted:

Constantly threatening to get us into more bullshit wars?

Ha right, that just makes them love him more.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
If Spicey brings up how Obamacare is "failing" I really hope a reporter brings up that the uncertainty brought about by the federal government paying the subsidies is the reason insurers are leaving the marketplaces.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Spaced God posted:

underwater for now, until you put up a democrat to vote against

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Typo posted:

I think the Evangelicals are the core of the GOP and will never ever desert the party no matter what, they are to the GOP what tankies are to communist parties

The GOP is the regressive party, evangelicals have no other choice but to reexamine the existence of the divine, which is more taboo than two guys blazing up and then making love under a starlit, prairie sky.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

RiggenBlaque posted:

I don't think I'll ever get over the shocking hypocrisy of Evangelicals supporting Trump, it's just too much to take in.

I can briefly chip in here.

Seriously, the brand of Christian in the US that is (aptly) criticized for following "American Christianity" is one that worships US caricatures of conservative ideals that have been backported into their narrow interpretation of the Bible.
It's incredibly frail in the sense that it sees slights where there are none intended...to seeing a war on religion where there was only a slight.

You can put a series of plots in someone's face and point out that our economy improves under the kind of data-driven governance Europe sees and we saw under Obama. Doesn't loving matter because the priority of truth is as follows:
1) The end time will come, and God will herald it
2) Because God heralds the end time, it can't be the godly people who made the world stray so far.
3) Thus, it was the ungodly.

For an American Christian who really worships capitalism and weird conservative ideas that have been shoehorned into their reading of the Bible and Christ's intent, part (3) includes liberals.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Is anyone else still waiting for it to start? Did I miss his briefing?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Can people not write articles any more

Must everything be tweets and image based PDF files

Yes, THANK YOU! The worst part about images is that they cannot be translated, so I can't send my family stuff backing up my "ridiculous claims".

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

tentative8e8op posted:

He is usually late so he doesn't have to talk as long.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Burning_Monk posted:

Thanks!

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

tentative8e8op posted:

He's always late

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Burning_Monk posted:

Probably seeking out a little Dutch courage to face the press hordes.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

BarbarianElephant posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gqwi7Y96sk

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Night10194 posted:

By being obviously hilariously loving incompetent, uncaring, and likely to put their lives at risk, I imagine. Dude's on twitter encouraging an arab dogpile against a country containing one of our largest middlee-eastern millitary bases. How would you expect the troops stationed there to feel? Or troops in other foreign deployments wondering what poo poo Trump'll fling their way?

Most what I heard about millitary support for Trump was predicated on the assumption that he'd keep America's head down and it's dick out of hornets' nests in a way Bush, Obama, and presumably Hillary had/would fail to do. That assumption is proving remarkably flimsy.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jun 6, 2017

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

BarbarianElephant posted:

It does take a little bit for the Valium to kick in.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Pollyanna posted:

If people knew, it wouldn't be a bombshell.

And listening to other people's uninformed guesses isn't helpful.

So just have some patience?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Spicer press briefing is on now

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/Forbes/status/872121913878949888

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Potato Salad posted:

I can briefly chip in here.

Seriously, the brand of Christian in the US that is (aptly) criticized for following "American Christianity" is one that worships US caricatures of conservative ideals that have been backported into their narrow interpretation of the Bible.
It's incredibly frail in the sense that it sees slights where there are none intended...to seeing a war on religion where there was only a slight.

You can put a series of plots in someone's face and point out that our economy improves under the kind of data-driven governance Europe sees and we saw under Obama. Doesn't loving matter because the priority of truth is as follows:
1) The end time will come, and God will herald it
2) Because God heralds the end time, it can't be the godly people who made the world stray so far.
3) Thus, it was the ungodly.

For an American Christian who really worships capitalism and weird conservative ideas that have been shoehorned into their reading of the Bible and Christ's intent, part (3) includes liberals.

This is good. I would say there are a lot of CINOs out there as well who would be atheist libertarians if they happened to not be raised in a religious family.

I recently witnessed a very long Facebook comment chain that started out covering the validity of Breitbart and it ended up turning into a battle to the death between my liberal and conservative friends for the Last Word Award. A recurring conservative talking point is referring to their own brand of "logic" (i.e. the inability to argue in good faith, like, ever) and posting lengthy diatribes which they don't expect anyone to reply to. When one does reply with data, they say they have too busy of a life to reply and invite them to talk in real life about it.

They are divinely immune to any overton windows et al and pretty much just want white people to stay on top, financially and socially.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

What a wretched human being

https://twitter.com/cspan/status/87...nation-video%2F

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I wish I was better able to pick out individual conversations while the pool sits there and stews.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Wait, who was "I can only stand up so long" ?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Quick, check the bushes. Spicey might be suffering from a breakdown from anxiety and hypertension.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Betsy DeVos and her traitorous brother Erik are two people who exist wholly to spread misery and sorrow.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:lol: Trump claims credit for loving up the Middle East.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-40175935

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

She's better at evading the question than Trump is, at least. Awful as that is, it's competent villainy. Trump would've come right out and said something about how LGBTQ kids shouldn't be allowed an education with good Christians and then he would've called them a slur for good measure.

• Locked thread