Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
wait are people saying this like it's a bad thing? who cares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
nah we're superworried about PGs bank account.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Femur posted:

nah we're superworried about PGs bank account.

No, now he's NOT offering seven figures to women to have abortions.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Maybe they are in love WhyteRyce? Did you ever think about that?

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Dexo posted:

wait are people saying this like it's a bad thing? who cares.

individual sex work may be more or less moral depending on what you think of Capitalism in general, but in the real world "dating" a prostitute is paying a sociopath to pretend to love you

It's funny because PG has a continuing history of questionable decision-making. Get that man a reality TV lovelife show hosted by Lavar Ball PRONTO

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Having sex with gorgeous women seems like a no brainer Idk.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

euphronius posted:

Having sex with gorgeous women seems like a no brainer Idk.

Sad to see this man not going his own way.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Eltoasto posted:

Maybe they are in love WhyteRyce? Did you ever think about that?

impossible. Let me link to some enlightening stuff I read on some red pill site about it

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I was going to make a barely veiled racially-charged post begrudging his decision-making but once I realized the pure eugenics utility of a star athlete having a kid with an attractive model, I knew I needed to holster that post and just update my 2037 Mock Draft Big Board.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/SLAMonline/status/872146585148416001

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The lakers ??? They have to have room to sign pg what the Christ hahaha.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Magic wants Competitors.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Also a sign ball not going two. A rumor sign .

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lmao get it Dion

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Dion's agent sends a picture of Dion's famous win pose.
Magic offers him max that day.

If Waiters turns into a good player, does that make OKC's (and Cleveland's) front office look worse for letting him go?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Replacing Nick Young with Kobewade is an amazing plan

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brKwex4UXaw
This song seems appropriate

There are a lot of videos on youtube like "Thotty traps the game with 2.5m lawsuit for pregnancy"
Maybe he decided it would be cheaper to keep her

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

euphronius posted:

The lakers ??? They have to have room to sign pg what the Christ hahaha.

PG isn't a free agent this year.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lockback posted:

PG isn't a free agent this year.

Dion ain't signing a one year deal manno.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Signing Dion only really makes sense if you're dealing for PG.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

"Concerned" seems like the wrong word to use there - Miami should be "elated", "hopeful", and/or "desperately wishing for" the Lakers to give Waiters a bunch of money. Despite having a couple month stretch where he hit some big shots simply because he never stopped shooting stupid shots, he's still an awful NBA player. At his best, he's not even as good as old broken down chucker Kobe. Magic will probably offer him a max.

Spacebump posted:

If Waiters turns into a good player, does that make OKC's (and Cleveland's) front office look worse for letting him go?

Nope. Both to the possibility of him becoming a good player (not gonna happen), and to whether or not it makes OKC or Cleveland look bad for letting him go. He wasn't good in OKC, he wasn't good in Cleveland, and he hasn't been good in Miami.

The B_36 fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jun 6, 2017

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Want he playing decent switch defense for them . He's pretty big .

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

The B_36 posted:

he's still an awful NBA player.
in my lil opinion I think he made the leap from awful to slightly bad or neutral this year. But a 14.5 PER and -0.8BPM on .507 TS% is uhhhhhhh not quite max contract territory

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

in my lil opinion I think he made the leap from awful to slightly bad or neutral this year. But a 14.5 PER and -0.8BPM on .507 TS% is uhhhhhhh not quite max contract territory

I want a team that I do not like to sign him for a lot of money

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

He's got a winner's mentality

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

EvanTH posted:

I think that's just a narrative thing because he was on a team of scrappy underdogs who weren't supposed to win much (and they still didn't win much tbh). Unrepentant chuckers often look good for short stretches on teams like that because every time they hit some big shot thru simple law of averages, it gets amplified because it was so unexpected. At the end of the season, his advanced numbers are right in line with the rest of his terrible career numbers. It was his "best" season by WS/48, and even that only made him about half of a league average player. He was a decent 3pt shooter last year, that's about it. And that barely brought his TS% above .500 for the first time. He made the leap from awful to just as awful; at least he's consistent!

He's a "homeless man's less fortunate brother's poor friend's" Kobe Bryant.

Exploding Computer
Oct 6, 2006
Fun Shoe
It sounds like the kind of thing Pat Riley would "leak" to trick Magic into making a big offer.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

The B_36 posted:

I think that's just a narrative thing because he was on a team of scrappy underdogs who weren't supposed to win much (and they still didn't win much tbh). Unrepentant chuckers often look good for short stretches on teams like that because every time they hit some big shot thru simple law of averages, it gets amplified because it was so unexpected. At the end of the season, his advanced numbers are right in line with the rest of his terrible career numbers. It was his "best" season by WS/48, and even that only made him about half of a league average player. He was a decent 3pt shooter last year, that's about it. And that barely brought his TS% above .500 for the first time. He made the leap from awful to just as awful; at least he's consistent!

He's a "homeless man's less fortunate brother's poor friend's" Kobe Bryant.

To be fair, he kinda played like an NBA player after the Heat's terrible start, up until he got injured and had to end the season

The question is if anyone wants to focus on a 30 game sample instead of the 305 other games he spent being a punchline

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
He won me over as with his The NBA Is Lucky I’m Home Doing drat Articles Players Tribune article and I hope he goes home to Philly and leads all those rookies to the playoffs. But he's still not a very good player.

The B_36 posted:

At his best, he's not even as good as old broken down chucker Kobe.

that's a good comparison. Waiters' most recent season was only like a slight instance of a smidgling better than Kobe's final season:
http://www.basketball-reference.com...itedi01&y2=2017
but Bryant's trajectory at that point was y'know obvious and Waiters is a bit murkier of a read.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dion is real young so projecting him to be better doesn't seem ludicrous.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

He won me over as with his The NBA Is Lucky I’m Home Doing drat Articles Players Tribune article and I hope he goes home to Philly and leads all those rookies to the playoffs. But he's still not a very good player.

Yes, he's had a rough go of it and he's very thoughtful whenever he writes about his life. It's tough not to like him as a person. I wish him the best. On a team that's not mine.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Space Camp fuckup posted:

He's got a winner's mentality

If the Spurs miss out on Chris Paul, Dion should be their backup plan.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Yeah I'd like Dion to Get Paid just because he's a cool dude but ideally by a non-competitive team like the Nets or the Clippers.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Noctone posted:

Yeah I'd like Dion to Get Paid just because he's a cool dude but ideally by a non-competitive team like the Nets or the Clippers.

Let's be real, there are going to be 28 or 29 non-competitive teams until Klay Thompson's contract is up.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Dion should go back to OKC and ONLY play when Russ is on the bench and do the same poo poo he did in Miami, gotta keep the hero ball going 48 MPG, that's my idea, thanks for reading!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Speaking of free agents, I was streaming through some team podcasts and the one that made me pause was calling jonas jerebko "He's a power forward, but he's kinda more of a center" like wow, is this what the NBA is now?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Russell/Ball/Kobewade/PG...

Still ain't going to do poo poo in the West!

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Dirk's not a fan

https://twitter.com/ESefko/status/872169490112491520

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

^
Nice

Is Dwight Howard ever going to be discussed as a potentially great player that was ruined by injury?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Spacebump posted:

^
Nice

Is Dwight Howard ever going to be discussed as a potentially great player that was ruined by injury?

Prob not for a while, he's got the huge lakers/kobe base against him, and he's still around making stupid comments. I can't ever recall anything off court about him that has been positive. His management sucks rear end, 100% they've stolen money from the idiot.

• Locked thread