Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
How did that Damian turn into the little poo poo from the games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Being directly responsible for your adopted older brother dying in an incredibly stupid fashion and your dad rightly blaming you for it has that effect.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

VanSandman posted:

How did that Damian turn into the little poo poo from the games?

To be fair "little poo poo" is his entire character

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Veotax posted:

Pretty much the whole issue could be appropriate for this thread, but I think this sequence stands out. Apologies if I've posted too much of the issue

Injustice 2 #8

Is that Charles Bronson on the $5?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That is a frigging awesome set of panels.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

That is a frigging awesome set of panels.

The Injustice comics are full of really good moments

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Injustice is fun and cool, but man I wish people wouldn't post all the good plot beats to the panels threads literally the day it digital releases.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

plainswalker75 posted:

Hey scumbag, I'm gonna emancipate you from your life. Blammo

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

plainswalker75 posted:

In our world Ronald Reagan became president, in Watchmen's world it was Robert Redford and in Injustice's it was Charles Bronson.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

LashLightning posted:

In our world Ronald Reagan became president, in Watchmen's world it was Robert Redford and in Injustice's it was Charles Bronson.

this explains so much

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Toshimo posted:

Injustice is fun and cool, but man I wish people wouldn't post all the good plot beats to the panels threads literally the day it digital releases.

Same but every comic so basically stay out of panel threads until you've read the comics you're concerned about.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
That injustice reminds me of the main batman line back when i gave a gently caress about batman.

Is the main batman line good again?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Breetai posted:

That injustice reminds me of the main batman line back when i gave a gently caress about batman.

It's been good since at least Rebirth

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

purple death ray posted:

It's been good since at least Rebirth

It's been pretty strong since 52 with Batman, Batman incorporated, and Batman and robin.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Breetai posted:

The core title has been mostly good for at least the last decade, because they keep giving it to writers like Morrison and Snyder. The subsidiary titles have always been hit or miss, but no more or less than any similarly sized collection of titles.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Batman itself being good since New 52 depends on your tolerance for Scott Snyder Joker stories, I can't stand either of them. Batwoman is good for 25 issues or so, Batman and Robin is great all the way through. But you also have Detective Comics, which was crap until Rebirth, The Dark Knight, which was just awful, and the side books like Catwoman, Nightwing and Batgirl all being mostly terrible until around DC You when you get Grayson, mob boss Catwoman, and Burnside Batgirl. I dunno, on average the Batman line is mostly bad during New 52.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
There was also Batman/Superman which was mostly good. (Also if you're going to read Batman & Robin, B/S has the story that introduces the Macguffin that ends up bringing Damian back to life (spoiler-texted for anybody who wants to read blind I guess))

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Injustice 2 #9

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
That's the stuff.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

purple death ray posted:

Batwoman is good for 25 issues or so

Its sometimes hard to tell exactly when a comic run turns to poo poo, but in the case of Batwoman its pretty easy. it's right after this panel:

The rest is such a clutsterfuck that Williams and Blackman ended their run in the middle of a fight between Batman and Batwoman and then it doesn't take long before Batwoman runs into a lesbian vampire.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Alhazred posted:

Its sometimes hard to tell exactly when a comic run turns to poo poo, but in the case of Batwoman its pretty easy. it's right after this panel:

The rest is such a clutsterfuck that Williams and Blackman ended their run in the middle of a fight between Batman and Batwoman and then it doesn't take long before Batwoman runs into a lesbian vampire.

I just found out today that Bruce proposes to Selina. Maybe a gay vampire is in the works?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Fortunately there's an annual, so if you want to get a completely unsatisfying resolution to the Batman/Batwoman fight, DC has you covered

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Alhazred posted:

Blame Dan Didio for that, as he's one of those assholes/morons who thinks that heroes can't be happy or have families or social lives, almost everything wrong at DC in the last decade or so can be traced to him on some level

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

drrockso20 posted:

Blame Dan Didio for that, as he's one of those assholes/morons who thinks that heroes can't be happy or have families or social lives, almost everything wrong at DC in the last decade or so can be traced to him on some level

Is this the main reason for the controversy? I never read the book, but I can recall reading about the storm this creates behind the scenes at DC, but I don't remember if it was about a title hero getting married or if it was about gay marriage.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Is this the main reason for the controversy? I never read the book, but I can recall reading about the storm this creates behind the scenes at DC, but I don't remember if it was about a title hero getting married or if it was about gay marriage.

In DiDio's mind I think it was about marriage in general but holy poo poo that did not matter one bit once the story "CREATIVE TEAM QUITS IN PROTEST AFTER DC AXES GAY MARRIAGE STORYLINE" broke, and if he didn't realize how it was going to come across he's a bigger idiot than I thought.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Veotax posted:

Injustice 2 #9

My favorite part is the framed One Punch picture on the wall

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Veotax posted:

Injustice 2 #9

How in the world is the tie-in comic to a set of semi-good/ mediocre games so dang good?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

evilmiera posted:

How in the world is the tie-in comic to a set of semi-good/ mediocre games so dang good?

A weekly comic, no less.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Also Injustice 2 the game isn't really mediocre?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Norns posted:

Also Injustice 2 the game isn't really mediocre?

How do you feel about Mortal Kombat?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Comics are cool

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
In my headcanon that boy's last name is Storales :haw:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Are there any panels from Batman '66 that fit for this thread? I know there are plenty funny ones. But in remembrance of Adam West. :(

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Jiro posted:

Are there any panels from Batman '66 that fit for this thread? I know there are plenty funny ones. But in remembrance of Adam West. :(

Paging Dr. Gavok.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Infinitum posted:

Comics are cool

Awwww.

:unsmith:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Jiro posted:

Of all the places to hear it first...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Choco1980 posted:

In my headcanon that boy's last name is Storales :haw:

I'm setting up the GoFundMe so he can legally change it to that whenhe turns 16.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Choco1980 posted:

Of all the places to hear it first...
Same. Jesus gently caress.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Jiro posted:

Closest I got

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3Z8pLqbfVk&t=160s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
There's that page from the Mike Allred Solo issue with the West Batman being quoted the Alan Scott Green Lantern oath by Alfred?