Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm reminded of the bit on the Daily Show where Stephen Colbert interviewed "the oil industry" as represented by his adorable 10-year-old daughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

here's something for the Brits:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Fine, Trump is a idiot manchild about the first thing too.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Osama Dozen-Dongs posted:

They applied for a registration under "the current name" in 1963, were granted it in 1964, and according to the manufacturer production started in 1964. I somehow doubt they used to call it friend of the family and managed to somehow suppress it from the internet entirely. Are you sure you didn't dream it? Maybe somebody told you this in a schoolyard and you created a false memory of the supposed photo?

Sorry for bringing this old derail back, but I went and found the picture. I guess the full name was "friend of the family-stang", complete with racist imagery.

Edit: I can't figure imgur out on a tablet, this is a link: https://m.imgur.com/a/xAiR3

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

KillerQueen posted:

Ah ha! A cartoonist did notice!

Bors lives in Portland, I'm pretty sure.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Bors is also the living embodiment of the smug white liberal, so it's not that surprising that his hot take is contrarian in nature. He was good friends with Rall, after all.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

I like how conservatives are still upset CNN once mentioned that Trump demands extra scoops of ice cream.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

North Korea's empty threats are not newsworthy, AGC.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

For reference here is what Pittsburgh looked like at noon during the 40s/50s

And here in the Carnegie Museum of Art and Natural History at the grandstaircase are these beautiful murals that were refurbished in the 80s/90s except for some spots to show what the soot and smog did to the walls

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

achillesforever6 posted:

For reference here is what Pittsburgh looked like at noon during the 40s/50s

Well I for one am pleased the President is working for the interests of all citizens, including the soot-people of Pittsburgh.

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!

Mister Adequate posted:

Well I for one am pleased the President is working for the interests of all citizens, including the soot-people of Pittsburgh.

They're the only black people Republicans care about.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Pants Donkey posted:

Whatever brain spasm that made Gorrell put in effort seems to have run its course

I guess that month-long hiatus was a vacation. Those 10 or so cartoons with original art must have wiped him out!

Only immediate consequences exist, if you do something and nothing bad has happened within 30 seconds then nothing bad will ever happen from it.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Pants Donkey posted:

Whatever brain spasm that made Gorrell put in effort seems to have run its course

I guess that month-long hiatus was a vacation. Those 10 or so cartoons with original art must have wiped him out!

He's no-poo poo pointing to the northern ice cap, which is one half of a global sea ice system that has been in the absolute shitter for years and, in a beautiful karmic twist, has been mostly breaking records since Trump started hitting contender levels in polling last year.

https://sites.google.com/site/arctischepinguin/home/global-sea-ice

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jun 6, 2017

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009

Pakled posted:

Yeah, or no green energy workers. Just fat cats.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I'll assume this is not factoring out construction / startup personnel, because why not assume the worst from people?

Like, no poo poo, in a world where the monopolistic power companies are screaming about having to shut down coal plants because solar power is flooding the grid with absurdly cheap energy, someone made this chart.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jun 6, 2017

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
I mean to me it's saying that green energy is a huge job creator.

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

Pants Donkey posted:

You could make this exact same comic about anything short of a nuclear war or major asteroid strike. 9/11? The holocaust? Take your pick.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

note that this infographic is from the American Enterprise Institute, and they want you to believe green energy is inefficient because it takes more manpower per watt

they are American conservatives literally arguing that it is bad to create jobs

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Garrison posted:

Western Civilization in Europe seems bent on self destruction. The media there have brainwashed citizens for decades. They’ve filled minds with a constant drumbeat of political correctness and the need for more globalist collectivism. Too many Europeans have become passive sheep who are taught to ‘run, hide and tell.’ If they do speak out and complain, they get called names such as ‘racist!’ or ‘Islamophobe!’ Jobs could be lost or heavy fines meted out for so called ‘hate speech.’

Great Britain has at least shown some sign of a backbone. They resisted taxation without representation when they voted for Brexit, but too many of their leaders remain bent on globalism. The latest terror attack in London was good excuse for Theresa May to call for control over the Internet and the end of privacy and free speech. She doesn’t want a good crisis to go to waste.

All the globalists have blood on their hands by pushing for endless Muslim immigration. To them, terror is a tool—a useful excuse that enables them to replace liberty with more control. Merkel and her ilk are allowing the forces of Islam to conquer Europe. It’s part of their collectivist vision of total domination.

Islam needs a reformation. It needs to abandon Sharia Law. It needs to stop being a religion of force and become one of peace. The peaceful Muslims need to do all they can to stop terrorists before they get started. They claim they reject the violence, but too many aren’t doing anything to help stop it.

Mostly, Europe needs to ban immigration altogether and give those already there a chance to assimilate. It’s too bad the Illuminati don’t want that.

—Ben Garrison

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I legit thought that said "DEATH BY POLITICAL CARTOONS" my first time over it and honestly if I could Photoshop I would make that edit right now

sheep have avs of frequent thread posters on them instead of flags, wolf's tattoo says "OVERWROUGHT METAPHORS" or maybe "BAD-FAITH CIRCULAR ARGUMENTS"

speech bubble says "Nonsense, this is an election year!"

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

radical
ISLAM

Garrison, you dumb bigoted gently caress.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Lord Hydronium posted:

radical
ISLAM

Garrison, you dumb bigoted gently caress.

Looking at this on my phone, I not only couldn't read the 'radical', I didn't realize it was there at all until you posted that.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
ISLAM? More like I SlaM!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Trogdos! posted:

Mostly, Europe needs to ban immigration altogether and give those already there a chance to assimilate. It’s too bad the Illuminati don’t want that.

lol

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

a voice of reason

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I'm Britain not having representation in the EU. Specifically Farage.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Kurtofan posted:

a voice of reason

I did a project in college about the Illuminati and boy is that one hell of a rabbit hole.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Theresa May and police funding cuts – The prime minister has faced questions over cuts to police funding while she was home secretary, following the third UK terror attack in little more than two months"

Independent:

After Ian Bradshaw.

Times:

Evening Standard:

Cancel Donald Trump state visit, says Sadiq Khan, after London attack tweets

Mail:
Mac on... Jihadis' web browsing habits

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Britain shouldn't be wolfophobic considering they exterminated the british wolf.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Cloud Potato posted:

:britain:

Mail:
Mac on... Jihadis' web browsing habits

Youtube is truly your best source for long form articles on any subject :allears:

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Really nice of Sadiq to help Donald out of that carpet he seems to have gotten himself tangled up in. I'm sure this is the start of a beautiful friendship.

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009
Oh hey, an unironic Al Gore is fat, therefore global warming doesn't exist argument in TYOOL 2017.

e: I can't tell if the Delonas is another example of these, turns out lovely cartoonists should use more labels

FreeKillB fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jun 6, 2017

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

I can't wait until Ramirez gives up on the whole label thing and just draws a lengthy discursive essay about what he feels are the causes of terrorism on an object. I guess he's come close a couple of times.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

HBO, primarily known for using the n-word liberally.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Alhazred posted:

....nude?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

So, Neo-Nazis are A-OK, but saying a bad word draws your ire. gently caress.

(He's probably just jelous.)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Alhazred posted:

Black people say it a lot on The Wire, which tracks as the kind of thing Lester would be really mad about

T-man posted:

I'm pretty sure Lester was the one who defended Michael Richards when he let loose all those slurs on that heckler too, so yeah he's probably just jealous

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

Since I keep seeing this soundbite from the full quote:

quote:

"My message to Londoners and visitors to our great city is to be calm and vigilant today," Mr Khan said. "You will see an increased police presence today, including armed officers and uniformed officers."

"There is no reason to be alarmed by this. We are the safest global city in the world. You saw last night as a consequence of our planning, our preparation, the rehearsals that take place, the swift response from the emergency services tackling the terrorists and also helping the injured.”

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...t-a7773791.html

I have to say, even though I hate Delonas I love that he draws everyone as absolutely hideous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Context? Facts? What are those?

T-man posted:

Remember how angry conservatives were when Trump said "Pussy" but completely fine with him bragging about committing serial sexual assault?

• Locked thread