Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Swamp, swamp, swamp. Swamps are cool, you guys, leave the swamps alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

This call about the Dakotas doesn't feel staged at all.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
I am also concerned about The Swamp.

Go Gators!

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Arms deal now $360 Billions now! No contracts!

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Doubling-down on the $110 billion Saudi weapons deal!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I'm sorry, Skype calling is now available for Breitbart and other outlets that are such mongrel trash that they can't get more than a day press pass?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
110 billion seems like a weird thing to shoot from the hip on.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Willo567 posted:

Seriously, why is Spicer still on this sinking ship?

Maybe this administration works on Genie rules and you have to trick someone into taking your position to leave.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Spicer doesn't answer the question if Trump knew about the Qatar isolation before it happened.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
"Being fueled by countries in the region". Oh, you mean like Saudi Arabia?

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

110 billion seems like a weird thing to shoot from the hip on.

During Obama's term we signed just over $110 billion in arms deals to Saudi Arabia

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

bag em and tag em posted:

hosted by his own Qatar

Jesus Christ this is perfect

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

bag em and tag em posted:

hosted by his own Qatar

Drawn and Qatared

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

tentative8e8op posted:

During Obama's term we granted Saudi Arabia just over $110 billion in arms deals

Yeah, it's not the arms deals itself, it's that Spicer is now on record as saying he believes that the contracts were signed. That's a big thing to be wrong about it.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Eh. We could expect that he wouldn't be talking obstruction with regard to conduct that happened on his watch, given what has previously leaked, and he wouldn't say it about his own firing because he can just defer to the existing investigation and doesn't want it to seem like that's what motivated his testimony.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
how the gently caress do you guys watch these press conferences

like, there's something supremely aggravating about watching a person in power lie so distinctly and so thoroughly without immediate repercussion

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
lol spicer refused to comment on whether Trump has faith in Sessions

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Is it normal for the press secretary to use his personal conversations with the president as a dodge?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Spicer repeatedly refuses to answer if Trump still has confidence in Sessions.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

I worry that some of you are setting your expectations too high for comey's testimony. the guy is reserved and smart. he aint gonna come out on a segway with a boombox blasting THE FINAL COUNTDOWN and passing out signed stills of the piss tapes.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

skylined! posted:

how the gently caress do you guys watch these press conferences

like, there's something supremely aggravating about watching a person in power lie so distinctly and so thoroughly without immediate repercussion

How isn't there a riot during these press conferences

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I can't watch these press conferences anymore. They make me too angry.

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

I worry that some of you are setting your expectations too high for comey's testimony. the guy is reserved and smart. he aint gonna come out on a segway with a boombox blasting THE FINAL COUNTDOWN and passing out signed stills of the piss tapes.

Wearing shutter shades!

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Egypt and KSA preparing a Double Qatar Pounder.

poo poo now I'm hungry!!!!

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"What does victory in Afghanistan look like?"

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Reporter: "You don't know if Trump has confidence is his Attorney General?"

:banjo: "Look, I didn't ask him so how am I suppose to know if he trust someone in his administration. EVERYONE IS SUSPECT!"

Reporter: :captainpop:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

You're right. It'll be a hoverboard. It's 2017!!

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Is it normal for the press secretary to use his personal conversations with the president as a dodge?

It's normal for Spicer.

He and Sanders have always been pure propaganda, they get up there and read a prepared statement about all the mundane bullshit Trump is doing. Then they deflect and lie, run out when things get too hot. Skype calls and other stuff to pad the time so they don't have to take many questions.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Yeah this whole thing is gonna end up like the other testimonies with the subject being turned into "WHY DIDN'T YOU FIND THE LEAKERS THAT'S REALLY WHY YOU GOT FIRED" and not the more important topic at hand.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
SEAN C'MON

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

NiceGuy posted:

SEAN C'MON

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

In my dream world Trump turns on Sessions and by proxy Bannon, who then go on to be the ones to bring him down out of the only thing they are good at, spite

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

double nine posted:

What is it about people in the Trump administration that makes me want to punch them in the face? Every single one has such a puncheable, condescending face.

They have the smug face of someone who has been above the law their entire lives. That's what it is. That little 'you can't touch me' smile.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

has anyone ever considered that swamps are a necessary part of our ecosystem and that the metaphor is actually stupid?

I WAS ELECTED TO BURN THE RAINFOREST THAT IS WASHIGNTON DC

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

:pray:

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Willo567 posted:

How isn't there a riot during these press conferences

The press corps is insulated and unlikely to ever riot. If Spicy did this on the streets he'd need police protection.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/872164935157075968

Well...gently caress. Hope this testimony doesn't get super hyped up only to turn out to be nothing but Glomar responses.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Shows up to work late; stops working at his scheduled end time on the loving minute. Not a second later. The bar really can't get any lower for this administration. They have the work effort of a 15 year old on summer break.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/872165994784935936

So I guess everything up to that is reasonable to expect. And even on this I'm guessing it's going to be a "not my decision to make" sort of response

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

theflyingorc posted:

Alter Ego posted:

E: God, I want his 2020 opponent to keep referring to him as "Donald".

I mean - Hillary did this.

Just in case some people don't get it/forgot some 2016 madness, it's just another one of Donnie's BS powershow tools like The Handshake.

"Minions must never use your first name, that's only for important people. Also give your enemies insulting nicknames"

Also go further and call him Donnie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Comey disappointing the american public again.

• Locked thread