Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Phew for a second there I thought something would matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Is this the normal length that these press conferences last compared to previous administrations? It seems like every one of these ends with exasperated reporters yelling for Sean not to leave.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Spaced God posted:

Yeah this whole thing is gonna end up like the other testimonies with the subject being turned into "WHY DIDN'T YOU FIND THE LEAKERS THAT'S REALLY WHY YOU GOT FIRED" and not the more important topic at hand.

...every one have these have been 50% garbage, 50% good stuff. This will be the same

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

cult member at airport posted:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/872164935157075968

Well...gently caress. Hope this testimony doesn't get super hyped up only to turn out to be nothing but glomar responses.

Well no poo poo. That would be be a prosecutor's call.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

PhazonLink posted:

Also go further and call him Donnie.

Dingy Don

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I think Spicer calling Trump's tweets "official statements" is going to come back and bite everyone in the administration in the rear end.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Javes posted:

Is this the normal length that these press conferences last compared to previous administrations? It seems like every one of these ends with exasperated reporters yelling for Sean not to leave.

the entire point of these conferences is to deflect and not answer anything substantively

so, Spicer is always late (SUPER late today) and dashes out abruptly

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Elotana posted:

Phew for a second there I thought something would matter

It's not Comeys call to make, it's Mueller's.

Ffs

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

Javes posted:

That's because of what I said. He shows up halfway through the thing and leaves exactly when it was supposed to end. He's the loving class clown.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's not Comeys call to make, it's Mueller's.
Mueller can't indict the President, only Congress can. It's Mueller's call on Flynn, Manafort, et al but not Trump himself.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

BREAKING: Comey will not bring charges against the Trump administration nor will he reveal classified information in Thursday's testimony.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Comey acting on fake russian poo poo while knowing it was fake is definitely going to come up Thursday right?

Capri Sunrise
May 16, 2008

Elephants are mammals of the family Elephantidae and the largest existing land animals. Three species are currently recognised: the African bush elephant, the African forest elephant, and the Asian elephant.

This thread is going to be 4 (maybe 8) years of people predicting Trump's next great downfall and being utterly crushed.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Yeah, I wouldn't expect Comey to say anything like that. He's going to answer the questions put to him, but if Democrats ask him if he thinks that means Trump obstructed justice, the smart answer is "that's the special counsel's job, not mine".

His testimony can be plenty explosive without those words.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Elotana posted:

Mueller can't indict the President, only Congress can. It's Mueller's call on Flynn, Manafort, et al

He makes a recommendation based on the evidence. Comey is just a witness at this point.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

DC Murderverse posted:

I think Spicer calling Trump's tweets "official statements" is going to come back and bite everyone in the administration in the rear end.

Yeah that was great. My ears perked up a bit when he said that

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Wilhelm posted:

This thread is going to be 4 (maybe 8) years of people predicting Trump's next great downfall and being utterly crushed.

...nobody thought Comey's testimony was going to take Trump down on Thursday. Nobody.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
Even if Comey thought that what Trump did amounted to obstruction of justice, he's not going to pound the table and say so. The guy's going to be trying to sound like a good witness, not a prosecutor.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Elotana posted:

Mueller can't indict the President, only Congress can. It's Mueller's call on Flynn, Manafort, et al but not Trump himself.

This is very much not a settled constitutional issue. It's the DoJ's opinion that they can't do this and whether Mueller is forced to abide by their legal opinions is questionable.

That said, yeah, it'd be pretty hard for him since it opens up a huge can of worms.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

What he'll probably do is what he did at the Clinton Non-Indictment, just with 'That's up to the Special Counsel'. Talk about how weird and skeevy things were, confirm he has records and has given them to Mueller, etc.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Wilhelm posted:

Comey was never expected to drop bomb shells despite what some of the media was hyping. Screw off.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Javes posted:

I remember Obama's guy would just chat and shoot the breeze for hours.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

I just don't get it. This man is beyond dense. He's so loving disgusting.

Starting at mark 3:04,
https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/871250767239233537
Any loving person can watch the actual press conference and understand the context of Mayor Khan's statement. All you need is 20 loving seconds of your life to watch this clip. But nooo its the loving MSM BOOGEY MAN WATCH OUT!!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Trump live tweeting the hearing is going to result in tons of embarrassment for him so we have that to look forward to. He's going to continue to incriminate himself I guarantee it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Wilhelm posted:

This post made me laugh real hard.

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So glad to hear this Russia stuff is gumming up the legislative goals of Republicans.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

ReidRansom posted:

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/872165994784935936

So I guess everything up to that is reasonable to expect. And even on this I'm guessing it's going to be a "not my decision to make" sort of response

Trump will be glad to live-tweet that he did.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
You know I can kind of understand Trump's repeated call for better immigration security: everyone he meets turns out to be a Russian spy.

voltroon
Apr 29, 2009

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

What is going on with his neck/chin

Old post, but on Tumblr they refer to this as his "chussy" (chin pussy).

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
We are stuck with a bad POTUS until at least 2020. This timeline stinks. Thanks Russia, Middle America, and Republicans that helped make it hard for minorities to vote. We still haven't hit the bottom of how bad the country will get under this admin.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/872167759056162816

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Spacebump posted:

We are stuck with a bad POTUS until at least 2020. This timeline stinks. Thanks Russia, Middle America, and Republicans that helped make it hard for minorities to vote. We still haven't hit the bottom of how bad the country will get under this admin.

There's no such thing as rock bottom. Things can always get worse.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

:geno: :hf: :(

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

This seems really, really unwise to say.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Ice Phisherman posted:

There's no such thing as rock bottom. Things can always get worse.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Night10194 posted:

This seems really, really unwise to say.

Or Spicer could be subtly setting Trump up for future pain due to having to endure this poo poo.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

I worry that some of you are setting your expectations too high for comey's testimony. the guy is reserved and smart. he aint gonna come out on a segway with a boombox blasting THE FINAL COUNTDOWN and passing out signed stills of the piss tapes.

Don't piss on my dreams till it happens

Dreamers wanna dream, lovers wanna love

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
This is a loving work of art.

https://twitter.com/AdamParkhomenko/status/872168021581803520

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/justinsink/status/872170563388788736

Hmm, that sounds familiar...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Trump live tweeting Comeys testimony saves the white house the trouble of putting out a statement he will inevitably contradict.

• Locked thread